Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4360924 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) ... (3660) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akin4sure: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
Abbyrose:
Good day all, please I need your help. I want to erect the perimeter fence with 4 shops and a toilet on the 60ft side.The plot is 60ft x 100 ft. Kindly assist with materials and cost for blocks, sand, granite, cement, roofing etc.The land is in Ibadan on a dry terrain.
Thank you.
Whatsapp me on 07051805606 will help out
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akin4sure: 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Okay thanks. I'll engage another tiler to do the cleanup for me.

This Tiler was going to start tiling my 4,000 square feet bungalow next. Additionally he would have also tiled the 5 3 bedroom flats we started building. This is the Security Station and Welcome Center that he pulled this stunt on.
Oga, I do perfect tiling work, some nairaland members can confirm with a clean up whatspp me on 07051805606

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilotek: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2020
HOW TO GET ORIGINAL ELECTRICAL MATERIALS AT THE LOWEST PRICES IN NIGERIA
Using inferior electrical materials causes fire outbreaks and excessive repair costs. The good news is that there is a company at Alaba int'l market Lagos that specializes in selling all quality electrical materials at the lowest prices.They can also deliver to you for your convenience. Their office is at St Patrick's junction shop 30/30 Alaba. 08024416878. 07044986079
Shop with peace of mind....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbyrose: 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
X
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbyrose: 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
Abbyrose
Good day all, please I need your help. I want to erect the perimeter fence with 4 shops and a toilet on the 60ft side.The plot is 60ft x 100 ft. Kindly assist with materials and cost for blocks, sand, granite, cement, roofing etc.The land is in Ibadan on a dry terrain.
Thank you.

Akin4Sure

Pls , fellow NL, I'm very new on this forum. I contacted Akin4Sure per his response to my request. He is asking for N5k to give me an estimate. Is this the way it works here? Does a contractor charge for giving quotation?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
Thanks

twinskenny:

Engr how you Dey?

Call this guy he will deliver
+234 816 281 1003
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
See below list of materials for a twin duple project.

Please help review and looking for a reasonable quote from reputable suppliers

Femidbuilder@gmail.com

PPR Pipe
25mm Female Elbow
25MM Elbow
25mm tee
3/4*25mm female Elbow
25mm socket
32mm female adaptor
25mm pipe
25mm conduit stop cork
1/2 threaded plug
25mm end plug
32mm ball valve
32*25mm reduced tee
32*25mm reducer
32*25mm reduced elbow
32mm pipe
32mm elbow
32mm tee
32mm socket
32mm union socket
32mm male adapter
40mm pipe ( length)
40mm elbow
40mm tee
40mm socket
40mm ball valve
40*32mm elbow
40*32mm tee
40mm union
1/2" *25mm female or male adaptor
40 mm male adaptor
40*30 reducer
11/4 non return valve (venus)
40*32 reducer
40mm male adapter

Pressure Test Accessories
1/2 Female /female flexible connector
3/8 pressure guage
white tiger 1/2" tee
1/2 * 3/8 copper bushing
1/2 white tiger nipple
1/2 brass air valve
thread tape

PVC Pipe and Fittings
50 mm pipe
50mm * 90
50mm*45
50mm tee
big bro gum
50mm cap plug
100mm pipe
100mm *90bend
1000*45 bend
100 y pipe
100 tee
100 cap plug
75 pipe
75mm *90
50*75 socket
75 * 45
100mm vent cap ( Mushroom type)
Thread tape
100mm socket
50mm Y
75mm socket
50mm so
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
Mechanical Design is available and decking pipes are installed

topsy23:

Do you have a mechanical design drawing for the project.
Is the decking pipe in place
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
Anybody recommend Seller in Ibadan for white Panel doors?

Something similar to the one below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
lol
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Abolarin91:
Do it yourself? grin you won't even try it sir, it might take you one month to recover from the body pain

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Smartdoy(m): 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
The correct builders in the house, please how many blocks of 9 inches can one make out of 1 tipper of sand? at least
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
dejavus:
Anybody recommend Seller in Ibadan for white Panel doors?

Something similar to the one below

My favorite haunt is Madubuchi. On the other side of 7th Day Adventist junction at Oke Bola.

Let me add a Google link for you.

9VJJ+GR Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
Abbyrose:
Abbyrose
Thank you.

Akin4Sure

Pls , fellow NL, I'm very new on this forum. I contacted Akin4Sure per his response to my request. He is asking for N5k to give me an estimate. Is this the way it works here? Does a contractor charge for giving quotation?

Anything is possible. It’s based on negotiations.

I’ve never been asked nor have I paid for an estimate before.

However I always make sure to compensate artisans for taking time out of their day to honor my invite.

If the request grinds your gear just go to another artisan.

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2020
Abbyrose:
Thank you.

My current site is at Omi Adio and some of the prices are location dependent.

6” blocks N170
9” blocks N185
20 ton plaster sand N30K
20 ton granite N75K
Cement to site N2,600
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donwizfit2(m): 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2020
Abbyrose:
Abbyrose
Thank you.

Akin4Sure

no contractor does not charge for quotation but you can show him or give him token for appreciation

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Hello.

My Tiler just delivered this work as finished. When I inquired about the cement “film” on the surface he claims that cleaning it is not part of his package. That it requires chemical and is extra work to be paid for.

Is this industry standard or is he taking a piss?

Thanks.

he ought to clean perfectly onces done with that space before moving to another space n it makes his job top notch. he just wants more money n it depends on the profesaionality too Sha. I don't tell my tilers before they do that, it's part of them now.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
@egunmogaji2
please, send your number. I need your help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by playces: 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
We did the oversite concrete 2 days ago and today wen I visited the site, I discovered cracks almost all over the surface of the floor. There was rainfall that lasted for 10/12 yst. And another saddening part is that the verandah part was noticeably depressed. Size of the oversite is 4 inches.
Pls I need your advice on the way forward. I feel totally sad about it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2020
playces:
We did the oversite concrete 2 days ago and today wen I visited the site, I discovered cracks almost all over the surface of the floor. There was rainfall that lasted for 10/12 yst. And another saddening part is that the verandah part was noticeably depressed. Size of the oversite is 4 inches.

Sorry about this. I want to learn too so I’ll wait for the Ogas to jump in.

My layman opinion is that there’s not enough quality concrete in the mix.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
playces:
my observation is that the laterite/sandfilling was not perfectly rammed nor given enough time to rest before oversite concrete work.

abi de don dig gold for the place before ni?

1cent advice is to destroy the oversite concrete and do another one with cautions OR give it time to settle while you bear it in mind that you didn't do oversite concrete at all.

we are still waiting for ogas at the top

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
[quote author=playces post=92105297]We did the oversite concrete 2 days ago and today wen I visited the site, I discovered cracks almost all over the surface of the floor. There was rainfall that lasted for 10/12 yst. And another saddening part is that the verandah part was noticeably depressed. Size of the oversite is 4 inches.
Pls I need your advice on the way forward. I feel totally sad about it [/quote

Let’s tell ourselves the truth, this is the reason why you needs to consult professional to handle your project. “Do it your self” can not give you 100pec results in all aspect of construction work.

This a poor job.
1- The foundation earth filling is not well compacted.
2- poor concrete mix-ratio.
3- The concrete thickness here is not more than75mm

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

My layman opinion is that there’s not enough quality concrete in the mix.

Exactly what I can see, the concrete mix ratio is ver my low. Look, you can hardly see any cement/granite mix but sand. And looks like filling was not well compacted either.
Look at the picture #2 for the lousy mix-ratio.

Hajji M.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
@Rotecch77
You nailed it. Wuru-wuru job.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2020
I agree with you.
But #3, how were you able to know the thickness from the picture? �
[quote author=rotecch77 post=92105972][/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by playces: 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
mufutau55:

Exactly what I can see, the concrete mix ratio is ver my low. Look, you can hardly see any cement/granite mix but sand. And looks like filling was not well compacted either.
Look at the picture #2 for the lousy mix-ratio.

Hajji M.

Thanks for ur comment. After filling, it was mechanically rammered after which the oversite was done.
What is the way forward pls.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2020
nannymcphee:
Please can someone help out. how do I maximize this space?

1. The estate rule is that the building should have 3m space on the back and sides, while 6m in the front

2. I had the concept of 1unit of 3bedroom and 2units of 2bedroom bungalow in mind. I plan to demarcate the 3bedroom from the 2bedroom. Everyone goes in through the 2bedroom side. occupants of 3bedroom goes to their side. The estate does not allow 2 external Gates into the land but will turn a blind eye to an internal one. I equally need space on the 3bedroom side.

3. If 2 is not feasible in terms of getting space on the 3bedroom space, I might consider story building. 4units. 3bedroom and 2bedroom on ground floor, then same on 1st floor. my issue with this is funds for completion and I will have to share space with the occupant on 1st floor on the 3bedroom side. 3bedroom duplex attached with 2units of 2bedroom story building will give me the Isolated space I need on the 3bedroom side.

4. Please can someone share ideas with me

Summary:I want to maximize space, have a personal building(3bedroom) cut off from the tenants then building for tenancy(estate rule, not more than 4flats for this land). I am on a budget too. if I build my 3bedroom now, I will have to reapply for another building approval to add additional structures hence the need to capture everything once(Approval cost 100k)

Rent in this Estate goes for

2bedroom goes for 220-250k PA

1bedroom goes for 130-160k PA

Self contain goes for 84-120k PA

CC
mufutau55
spyder880
abdulwastecx
erico2k2 et al

Ma'am you will honestly be needing the service of a listening architect to start with. As he will professionally help you create a brief that shows what you’re seeking to achieve, and will be clear about needs, wants, budget and timing, if the design process is done, then you can bring it here for appraisal.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
playces:

Thanks for ur comment. After filling, it was mechanically rammered after which the oversite was done.
What is the way forward pls.

Personally, with my own unprofessional qualified opinion, I will leave for a while and try breaking some areas to make sure there are no holes underneath, and then recap the whole top with another good mix-ratio concrete of may be 2-3 inches not full 4inches again introducing damproving membrane.
But I am sure the big Engineers here will chip-in for a better solutions. I prayed that you get a good solution.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
coldcandy:
I agree with you.
But #3, how were you able to know the thickness from the picture? �

I get to know based on my field experience in construction work.

I get to know through 2 areas in the last pics
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
playces:

Just as roteech77 has pointed out, Nothing can ever be substituted for what is properly done

However, the situation can still be savaged if you are sure the foundation itself was done properly.
Just employ the service of a very good engineer or an experienced builder to help you..

These are what you should look out for and ensure its perfectly done.

1) Break the entire floor if need be.
Import and place laterite, then ram, ram, ram and ram, if possible get a compacting machine for better compaction.

2) introduce brc wiremesh
3) To avoid upward movements of water, introduce damproving membrane
4) let your engineer try not to be economical about the oversite concrete, it should have a thickness of at least 100mm eventho 150 is preferable.
Then they should use the correct concrete mix

Moreso if it is a storey building get a structural design, as all this details are spelt out therein as guides to whosoever that's supervising

CharisDESIGNS

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2020
mufutau55:
@Rotecch77
You nailed it. Wuru-wuru job.

Hajji M.

Nna so Hajji, wuru-wuru to the failed result .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbyrose: 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
@Donwizfit2
no contractor does not charge for quotation but you can show him or give him token for appreciation

Thanks for your response. I wasn't expecting him to charge for giving a quotation. Yes, giving something in appreciation is a good gesture which I don't mind.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbyrose: 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2

My current site is at Omi Adio and some of the prices are location dependent.

6” blocks N170
9” blocks N185
20 ton plaster sand N30K
20 ton granite N75K
Cement to site N2,600

Thank you very much. This is indeed very helpful. Do you have a bricklayer working on your site that you can recommend? I'm a newbie in the building industry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) ... (3660) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.