Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365348 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2020
decimator:
Hello House.

I have just finished doing the oversite on my foundation (German floor). 5" thick .

However I noticed , I will need some adjustment during block forming.

My question is, can a wall run outside of the foundation ground partition ? This is because I intend to steal a foot space .

Thanks

External walls or internal partition?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mobileboy: 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
After survey of my new land, can I start building process immediately or I need to process governor consent
The land already have c of from the seller

What range of amount and time will the processing be done in Lagos and can I do that later in future

My lawyer is claiming it will cost around 2 to 3 million shocked to process the documents after already paying alot to acquire the land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
decimator:
Hello House.

I have just finished doing the oversite on my foundation (German floor). 5" thick .

My question is, can a wall run outside of the foundation ground partition ? This is because I intend to steal a foot space .

Thanks

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2020
Kvngwitty:
Hnmm let me go this way ...
What will you advice for someone trying to build for the first time and will fit perfectly on half plot of land

Not more than 3bedroom

If your budget can accommodate, add a pent house to use as master bedroom.
Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2020
Hello all, could someone help me check if the following order of work will be ok for my project:

Plastering

POP

Windows

Doors

Tiling

Electrical Cabling

Land Scapping

Painting

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nettuno: 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2020
aghaibiam:

Budget 80 bags plus or minus 10 bags.

Thanks for the information.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2020
Kvngwitty:
Who has a very suitable building plan for a land 50by50 ?

Your opinion is highly welcomed
It depends on what you want sir. Architects only design on existing survey plans.
Let's have ur survey and discuss. Brief us, we debrief you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aghaibiam(f): 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2020
1stNumeroUno:

If you have access to a SUV/mini-van, you'll be surprised after 3 trips.
I actually have a sienna,the seats were removed and in two trips we had moved a considerable amount of luggage.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2020
Omonjoe:
Hello all, could someone help me check if the following order of work will be ok for my project:

Plastering 1

POP 5

Windows 2

Doors 3

Tiling. 6

Electrical Cabling 4

Land Scapping

Painting

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire/37#96118377

Check out our page we are currently at isiekensi orlu omo state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2020
Omonjoe:
I have read some reviews about @money121 here and I was at times doubtful if they were real! Well, I decided to give him a try on my roofing project and here is my story;

I contacted @money121 (CEO Imran roofing) on WhatsApp to let him know about my project and he asked for the roofing plan which I sent and he gave me a rough estimate pending when the wood work is completed and the actual measurement can be done. Two weeks after the wood work was done and he then asked me to send him actual measurement so he can get load the right quantity of materials to my site in Ekpoma Edo state. I sent a local guy around Ekpoma who is also a roofer to take the measurement and he sent me the sqm.

Sending the measurements to @money121 he told me those measurements where just too much judging from the plan I sent him earlier. This arouse my interest in @money121! Because he could have charged me with those measurements and no one will know about it. He offered to send his boy down to Ekpoma to take the measurement and behold his measurement was way less than what the other roofer sent!.

We agreed on the payment terms that I pay a deposit of 2.3M before he will load the materials to Ekpoma but I forgot I have 1M daily limit in my bank. After I transferred the 1M to him, I told him of the situation, to my surprise @money121 loaded the materials that morning and sent them to Ekpoma with his boys without waiting for me to complete the initial deposit of 2.3M.

Today the roofing is completed and I would want to let everyone know that @money121 (Imran roofing) is one of the most honest Nigerian businessman I have seen and his professionalism is second to none....keep up the good work @money121 you have just won me over!

@Money121, you always make us proud!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
mobileboy:
After survey of my new land, can I start building process immediately or I need to process governor consent
The land already have c of from the seller

What range of amount and time will the processing be done in Lagos and can I do that later in future

My lawyer is claiming it will cost around 2 to 3 million shocked to process the documents after already paying alot to acquire the land

It depends on you, but the ideal thing is to do your Gov consent, building approval and start building.
the cost of Gov consent depends on size and location of the land. someone did his own in lekki one plot for less than 2m out of which he paid 1.2m for tax for himself and his wife because of Mr & Mrs. if you pay your taxes regularly and can provide proof, it will be a lot cheaper.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 3:38am On Nov 17, 2020
decimator:
Hello House.

Thanks

Thou shall not STEAL! grin grin

Its do-able but you must ask yourself whether the One Foot is worth the cost.
What you can do, considering that the DPC and its tied-columns is what carries the weight of the building, is to Cast a Raft covering the On foot and the DPC together, to form one whole.
Cast the One foot up to about 3" above the current DPC and then CONCRETE re-floor all TOGETHER.
That would tie the old and the new in one struture, otherwise cracks would develop where both meet, if just done along side each other.

Hope l was clear to understanding sha.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 4:40am On Nov 17, 2020
We construct Bio digester (Modern Soakaway). Quick to install. No waste removal. Little space required. Doesn't contaminate ground water. Check my signature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amalab30(m): 5:46am On Nov 17, 2020
Plots of Land (facing Ifo/Abeokuta expressway) for sale at Gudugba, Ifo, Ogun State.

Land Size: 50 x 100 (x2)
Title: Deed Of Assignment, Receipts
Seller: Direct Owner
Offer: N4,000,000

Interested person should please contact 08058934948 for more enquiries.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 5:53am On Nov 17, 2020
We're still waiting for our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:56am On Nov 17, 2020
decimator:
Hello House.

Thanks

Is it a storey building or a bungalow? If it's a story building go back to your structural engineer.

If it's a bungalow, I don't see why not. Follow the same foundation process again: digging, blinding, block setting, where there was column, follow suite, sand and back filling and then German floor. Just follow the same layout of the original foundation. It should work for a bungalow.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 6:24am On Nov 17, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders,

Been a long time I have been here. Good to be back. I will appreciate recommendations for a trusted door installer, tiler & a POP expert.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 6:48am On Nov 17, 2020
Nettuno:
Good respected Experts,

Please how many bags of cement will be enough to tile bungalow of 5 bedrooms with 2 living rooms, and 5 toilets/bath. Total square meters is roughly 600 square meters.

Thank you.
Like 120 bags of cement if you don't have a tiler and it is in Lagos you can contact me on WhatsApp on 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2020
QSFemi:
We're still waiting for our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750

You are doing a good work.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 6:49am On Nov 17, 2020
Successbay:
Good morning Nairalanders,

Been a long time I have been here. Good to be back. I will appreciate recommendations for a trusted door installer, tiler & a POP expert.

Thank you.
Tiler and pop expert on WhatsApp on 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:54am On Nov 17, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Funnily enough , my bricklayer has more than 30 years experience on the job but I've had to redefine some of his ways of doing things.

Also, building in Lekki area, you need more than an experienced bricklayer. You need someone to direct them , a structural Engr preferably.

RT
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decimator: 6:56am On Nov 17, 2020
bixton:

External walls or internal partition?

I actually mean the internal partition. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decimator: 7:09am On Nov 17, 2020
One4me:

Thou shall not STEAL! grin grin

Its do-able but you must ask yourself[b] whether the One Foot is worth the cost.[/b]
What you can do, considering that the DPC and its tied-columns is what carries the weight of the building, is to Cast a Raft covering the On foot and the DPC together, to form one whole.
Cast the One foot up to about 3" above the current DPC and then CONCRETE re-floor all TOGETHER.
That would tie the old and the new in one struture, otherwise cracks would develop where both meet, if just done along side each other.

Hope l was clear to understanding sha.

Thanks for your contribution.

However , I actually mean running an internal wall. but it will no longer be along its original path. But a foot away though , still on the same monolithic oversite.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:17am On Nov 17, 2020
Omonjoe:

Plastering

POP

Windows

Doors

Tiling

Electrical Cabling

Land Scapping

Painting
I am also interested in expert opinion on this.

I am thinking of the following order after roofing:
Doors, burglary and windows
Plumbing and electrical
Plastering
POP
Electrical/plumbing fittings
kitchen cabinet and appliances
tile
Painting
Landscaping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 7:47am On Nov 17, 2020
spyder880:

grin grin

What can man do that to adjust, and keep adjusting. I was born in Nigeria, grew up on the streets and still walking the streets, I may never own an intentional passport, talk less of travelling out of Nigeria in the next few years. The hardship in Nigeria has toughened us, to the extent that we might not cope if things ever get better, why? Because we are used to things working upside down. It's funny true.

No roads - The SUV or any car with a very high frame

/
I challenge anyone who thinks SUV or a car with a very high frame could be the solution to drive from Owerri to Okigwe. I believe that is the worst road in the whole universe. I was unfortunate to have driven through that road two weeks ago. I had to replace my body lotion with Abonikin after that.
/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
I challenge anyone who thinks SUV or a car with a very high frame could be the solution to drive from Owerri to Okigwe. I believe that is the worst road in the whole universe. I was unfortunate to have driven through that road two weeks ago. I had to replace my body lotion with Abonikin after that.
/

grin grin next time go through tower via mbaise road
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:15am On Nov 17, 2020
Omonjoe:

Plastering

POP

Windows

Doors

Tiling

Electrical Cabling

Land Scapping

Painting

In order
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:15am On Nov 17, 2020
Please assist to review the attached cost of windows materials given to me.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by westliver: 8:26am On Nov 17, 2020
Contact me for screeding and painting of your house 07088547073, 07051934963
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:31am On Nov 17, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
/

My brother, I drive through that same road twice every week since the last 2 years to see my projects aroundthere. The road is even a lot better now that the rains have stopped, we have even slept on that road once. Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2020
Jasobry:

grin grin next time go through tower via mbaise road

That will be like circling the entire state just to avoid a straight but very terrible route.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1757) (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timelineinc and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.