Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365174 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 3:42am On Nov 20, 2020
cleverland:
where about is the land located in unilag estate? May I see pictures?

Thanks for your interest, I don't the pictures but we can arrange for physical inspection.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 3:49am On Nov 20, 2020
Jeff68:

Hello, I might be interested in that land, is the land stable?
It may require raft foundation depending on what you want to put on it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 3:55am On Nov 20, 2020
cleverland:
May I see the pictures?

Pictures for the Maryland land

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 5:22am On Nov 20, 2020
Badgers14:

Well, I need to stick my name in there some way.

Badgers14, the nairaland trained Engineer. grin

But skimaski deserves an honorable mention.. plus host of others.

Don't forget our very own N3xt, dude got answers with PowerPoint, pictures and pdf files for every thing. grin

Haaa, jah bless yah!
Skimanski was the name l just could not remember.
Dude does very neat lines and l have not heard any complaints about him, from his Clients.
@Brabus/n3xt has his strengths (brilliant ideas, tenacity, etc) and l will bet he is one for the 'future', Time is still blowing air on certain things and we should allow the wind to blow. I have been around here for too long.
Thanks Sir.

NB: The emphasis on my Post are about people that do a good job, to the satisfaction of the Client, WITHOUT HISTORY COMPLAINTS from their Client
Other Service Providers just have to satisfy their Customers, to earn their Purple Star.
Ofc, #NotABibeli

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:10am On Nov 20, 2020
Hello all,

What is the cost of external screeding materials in Lagos?

- Screeding paint (20L buckets) ... operator recommends Glover brand, but any other good quality would do

- Top bond (10kg buckets)

- Waterproof cement (carton)

We have about 1k sqm external walls to do, so hoping to get the labour down to about N200/sqm or lower.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:10am On Nov 20, 2020
Thanks. will check.

n3xt:

Go to Shoprite building/hardware section or other building marts. You can also get it in Orile.

I think it’s between N50 - N200 per pc depending on size. It’s also sold in packs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:11am On Nov 20, 2020
Hmm... noted.

Thanks s lot as always.

n3xt:

You might require more than 100m for 5 units in your location. I didn’t realize your initial post has been edited. I thought you’re looking at 4 units.

Attached below is 4 units of 4.bed Terrace duplex sitting on 310sqm footprint and it took 100m.

5 units will definitely gulp more.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:11am On Nov 20, 2020
Roger that.

Thanks a lot.

abdulwastecx:

125m at 25m per units will do
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 6:24am On Nov 20, 2020
diordaves:

If we, Nigerians don't invest first in the country, it is foolhardy to expect foreign investors to troop in droves. Nigeria is a big market but not economically bouyant. The average personal income (purchasing power) is low.

When it comes to the internal investment climate with regards to uncertainty, there's only one 'thing' that is holding the nation down: EXCHANGE RATE POLICY.

Not kidnappers, not corrupt politicians, not bad roads, not adequate power supply, not lack of fiber optic ( broadband). These are the symptoms of lack of internal investment. The cause of our ailment is the poor and incompetent management of the Naira rate against international currencies - the Naira rate to the Dollar. This started from the Structural Adjustment Program (SAP).

I will give you a very practical and familiar example - myself. I'm in the Diaspora investing in Nigeria so I am a foreign investor. Abi no be so.

Now (For example) I have a property with long term tenants that gives me N5 mil per annum in rent. During President Goodluck Jonathan's regime, the average Naira exchange rate to the GBP was stable at N300. Then, I repatriate £16,000 per annum back to Britain from rental income.

As I type, the Naira to Pound rate is 600. So now I repatriate £8,000 from the same investment. That's about half of my income gone into thin air for no practical or business management reasons. Just government incompetence that I have no control over. Absolutely nothing I can do other than to increase rent. If I do this, the tenants (traders) will transfer the increase into the price of their products and poverty is let loose over the country. This is the situation we are in since SAP.

Now you can see if I were a property foreign investor like for example airline company (Virgin Nigeria), Dunlop, Bata, A.G Leventis, Layland, Volkswagen, Peugeot etc that are mandated to repatriate funds home for their shareholders overseas, what do you think they will do? With a dwindling income not from lack of trading but from the inability of the government to stabilize the exchange rate, they will do what they did - close shop and unleash unemployment. This is what is happening in Nigeria. The foreign exchange regime or lack of foreign exchange regime is killing Nigeria slowly but surely.

Any administration that can stabilize the exchange rate for two terms, Nigeria will be better. Nigeria's biggest problem is not corruption, but lack good governance and competent institutional managers of the polity (economy).
Well said.However,Currency unstablility in Nigeria is one of the multiplier effects of CORRUPTION.Therefore, CORRUPTION is Nigeria's biggest problem.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 6:51am On Nov 20, 2020
PVC demand go shoot up as pop cement is very high now.. likely it hits 10k by december ....

r
anikkyshaya:
Good afternoon to all Nairalanders. please I need urgent Reliable person that can supply me with good quality of PVC for ceiling and price friendly. Sango Ota area, 15 to 20 bundle. Kindly indicate below and state price per bundle and how many is inside each bundle.

I will really appreciate with pictures.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:13am On Nov 20, 2020
My people,
Please I need advice. I started my plastering work using BUA cement but now it seems BUA is scarce, and I just git another small money to do another plastering work.

Is it advisable to use dangote? Are the quality the same
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2020
One4me:

Before l mention names, trusted names, it will be good to know where your project is located.
If in the East/South-South, l will say Spyder
If it is anywhere above Lokoja (Up North), l will say[b] Abduilwastecx[/b], if it is after the Niger Bridge down South West, l will say[b] Aventures, Segzy[/b] and one other name that l cant remember right now.
Archy? Dareynx
Paint? Gbadexy is your sure bet
Material Costing and Project management? Hail QSfemi
Electrical? Topsy
Plumbing and the likes? Rotech
CCTV? Twinskenny
Tiles and bathroom stuffs? Endiasami (but not heard from him for a while)
Roofing? Imram Roofing
Granite and Sand Supply? Chekitaut but you will need to make sure his vehicle does not break down undecided

There could be other people that have skipped my mind right now but I would gladly work with the above Builders.

#NotABibeli, if l missed your name, it does not mean you are not good, it simply means you have need to impress more on this thred and with the work you do. My apologies. undecided

Keep us informed so we canalso help you answer questions and keep your Contractor on his toes. grin undecided

Thanks for the honorable mention Sir. God bless you.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 7:18am On Nov 20, 2020
How durable and strong are these glass blocks when used as part of an external wall? I am considering using it so as to let in more natural light into a lobby.

n3xt:

It’s not ignorance. It’s impatience on the part of ’professional tilers.’ I can’t really say much about rookies.

Spacers are everywhere in the market and no one needs to be told why it’s important but here we just like to do things irrationally.

I bought spacers for two glass block installations. The installer used it on one of the projects and decided not to use it on the other.

The additional cost of spacers (in time and money value) is almost negligible.

______
In the other news, Lafarge now have supafix - a ready-to-use tile adhesive. It’s only here we use cement to fix tiles lipsrsealed

#bestpractice

______
Pic 1 - Glass block installation with spacer
Pic 2 - Glass block installation without spacer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:27am On Nov 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Those Volvo FL6 here in Omi Adio allegedly only carries 10 tons.
Yes, that is the max as directed by owner but drive get tip to load full which load 12tons.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:39am On Nov 20, 2020
One4me:

Haaa, jah bless yah!
Dude does very neat lines and l have not heard any complaints about him, from his Clients.
@Brabus/n3xt has his strengths (brilliant ideas, tenacity, etc) and l will bet he is one for the 'future', Time is still blowing air on certain things and we should allow the wind to blow. I have been around here for too long.
Thanks Sir.

NB: The emphasis on my Post are about people that do a good job, to the satisfaction of the Client, WITHOUT HISTORY COMPLAINTS from their Client
Other Service Providers just have to satisfy their Customers, to earn their Purple Star.
Ofc, #NotABibeli
Unambiguous statement showing your stand. Respect sir.
The most difficult part is maintaining reputation as it takes a slight error in judgement to tarnish it. I will always make conscious efforts to remember not to bring ridicule to honourable people such as yourself and other well meaning elders that have stuck out your neck for me.
I appreciate it sir and I'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:46am On Nov 20, 2020
cleverland:
where about is the land located in unilag estate? May I see pictures?
Unilag estate IKORODU, very good, i supply to that location table surface land, Road is the major issue, Oreita road Ikorodu is a level land,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Abule Ado is a good place too dry land in range from ₦1.5-4m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:18am On Nov 20, 2020
I will be on the list one day...
One4me:

Haaa, jah bless yah!
Thanks Sir.

Ofc, #NotABibeli

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2020
somehow:
I am even tempted to just go for an apartment or detached flat /building in the heart of the mainland or Lekki but they all seem to be on the high price.

If I'm to advice you - IF and IF your budget is not UP-TO 40m forget LEKKI - AJAH AXIS (even if its a bungalow you plan to build)....

for 20m look towards the outskirt of Ikorodu, where you can get a land less than or equal to 5m, then build with 15m (subject to your design type)

GOODLUCK

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2020
Thank you so much sir for the reply the project is located in Mowe and according to soil test result a pile foundation is recommended which i wasn`t expecting so that`s why am looking for a very good engineer that can handle pile foundation
One4me:

Before l mention names, trusted names, it will be good to know where your project is located.
If it is anywhere above Lokoja (Up North), l will say[b] Abduilwastecx[/b], if it is after the Niger Bridge down South West, l will say[b] Aventures, Segzy[/b] and one other name that l cant remember right now.
Archy? Dareynx
Electrical? Topsy
CCTV? Twinskenny
Roofing? Imram Roofing
Granite and Sand Supply? Chekitaut but you will need to make sure his vehicle does not break down undecided

There could be other people that have skipped my mind right now but I would gladly work with the above Builders.

#NotABibeli, if l missed your name, it does not mean you are not good, it simply means you have need to impress more on this thred and with the work you do. My apologies. undecided

Keep us informed so we canalso help you answer questions and keep your Contractor on his toes. grin undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:53am On Nov 20, 2020
somehow:

true but i doubt if its going to be up to that of omoniles and government people

It wld surprise you that estate actually have more than Omo Oniles - The most Omo-Onile wld collect from you is N500K or a little above (over the span of building)... but for estate, you might be paying for life depending....

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 9:02am On Nov 20, 2020
Thank you very much sir the project is in Mowe
twinskenny:

Depend on location though

Darenyx, Kolashangone, Aventure etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2020
seunpinky:
Hello house,
Kindly help review this roofing quote.

It's a storey building comprising of four units of 1 bedroom flat (Room and parlour) on each floor.
8 units of 1 bedroom flat on a storey building

Building dimension according to the roofer:
The length is 26 meters and width 15.6 meters, and the king pole will be 11 feet (Flat roof)

Quotation for Aluminum Long Span 0.55:
Aluminum Roofing 626.4 550 meters x #2100 = #1,315,440 SHOULD DO THE JOB
Badge Board 6 meters x #2100 = #12600
Ridge Cap 38 meters x #2100 = #79,800
Outside Gutter 31.4 meters x 2100 = #65,940
Bottom flat sheets 14.25 x 2100 = #29,925
Wall Trimming 9 meters x #2100 = #18,900
Facial cladding 22.68 meters x #2100 = #47,628
Ceiling cladding 59 meters x #2100 = #123,900
Accessories #35,000

Total #1,716,533

Transportation #20,000
Installation #150,000

Cc: @money121, kolanshang, rottech, spyder880, saydfact,QSfemi, segzy14, and all others

SEND the roof plan if you have one
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 9:57am On Nov 20, 2020
n3xt:

.l

In the other news, Lafarge now have supafix- a ready-to-use tile adhesive. It’s only here we use cement to fix tileslipsrsealed

I have wondered about that for a while, there are special cements or adhesive for tiles, for kitchen, bathroom and non moisture environment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2020
One4me:

Archy? Dareynx
Electrical? Topsy
CCTV? Twinskenny
Roofing? Imram Roofing

Thanks so much sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2020
Muyi002:
My people,
Please I need advice. I started my plastering work using BUA cement but now it seems BUA is scarce, and I just git another small money to do another plastering work.

Anyone to help with this please.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2020
saydfact:

It wld surprise you that estate actually have more than Omo Oniles - The most Omo-Onile wld collect from you is N500K or a little above (over the span of building)... but for estate, you might be paying for life depending....

Is this from experience sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2020
Thanks boss for the mention.

One4me:

Archy? Dareynx
Electrical? Topsy
CCTV? Twinskenny
Roofing? Imram Roofing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:35am On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=n3xt post=96233069]
In the other news, Lafarge now have supafix - a ready-to-use tile adhesive. It’s only here we use cement to fix tiles lipsrsealed

You are right bro, the ready mix cement/adhesive is available in the Mkt but only few people buy it for there project.
But if you are laying marble or mosaic tiles it’s strongly advisable to use it.

More so the use of cement for tiling work it’s a standard approach which you will come across in most Building construction text book.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2020
Fire on. You dont have any problem. They are both Portland cement.

Muyi002:
My people,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 10:56am On Nov 20, 2020
[quote author=rotecch77 post=96243202][/quote]

Have you used the supafix adhesive in your projects before or have you seen it being used before.
I am curious about how the job turned out.

Also, is it cheaper to use the supafix than cement?

With the higher price of cement now, I know folks would appreciate another reliable alternative to bypass use of cement in certain aspects of building that generally people use cement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HossanaHeights and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.