Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,300 members, 7,780,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:03 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4295917 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) ... (3643) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2020
Contact us for Granite, Sharp Sand

...our quality & quantity will blow your imagination...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2020
somehow:
Is this a door with inbuilt burglary proof?

I think it’ll be separate like this one that he posted earlier.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2020
Oh ok.. I for fear lol
EgunMogaji2:

I think it’ll be separate like this one that he posted earlier.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2020
twinskenny:
for electrical, cctv, whole house audio system, electric security fence, intercom. call us
check our thread for work pictures...

https://www.nairaland.com/twinskenny/topics
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nairacountry(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2020
Guys please help on this.

Can 10 by 12 room be converted into a guest house room? That is, the rooms are already built for residential. Will it be spacious if toilet&bathroom is added?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2020
nairacountry:
Guys please help on this.

Can 10 by 12 room be converted into a guest house room? That is, the rooms are already built for residential. Will it be spacious if toilet&bathroom is added?

It can be converted but the toilet and bathroom won't be big to standard

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2020
Chekitaut:
₦310k complete 30tons load.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lukkens: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2020
P. O. P expert in the house,
Please how much do charge for ceiling installation per square meter.
With materials and without materials?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2020
lukkens:
P. O. P expert in the house,
Please how much do charge for ceiling installation per square meter.
With materials and without materials?

Tricky stuff this time around

9k per bag of cement

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dbshaywhy(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2020
Beframia:

Going by my experience last week where a portion of my living room PVC ceiling collapsed, I'm not going to advise you use a PVC if the building is yours. Except it's a temporary measure pending when you can afford a better alternative like a POP or the like.

Wait... Is all this 4by4 Nigerite ceiling not gud ni.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2020
dbshaywhy:

Wait... Is all this 4by4 Nigerite ceiling not gud ni.

You mean asbestos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2020
We're still waiting for our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2020
Keep the good work up...
money121:

Thanks for the recommedation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertyVendor(m): 6:28pm On Nov 22, 2020
ladyteeks:
Do you sell cement in lagos?
Same price?

No sir, Benin City, Edo State is our base.

Dangote Cement is 3,000 Naira per bag

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2020
New arriver for center sitting room beautification
All type of tiles available too

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2020
seunpinky:
Hello house,
Kindly help review this roofing quote.

It's a storey building comprising of four units of 1 bedroom flat (Room and parlour) on each floor.
8 units of 1 bedroom flat on a storey building

Building dimension according to the roofer:
The length is 26 meters and width 15.6 meters, and the king pole will be 11 feet (Flat roof)

Quotation for Aluminum Long Span 0.55:
Aluminum Roofing 626.4 meters x #2100 = #1,315,440
Badge Board 6 meters x #2100 = #12600
Ridge Cap 38 meters x #2100 = #79,800
Outside Gutter 31.4 meters x 2100 = #65,940
Bottom flat sheets 14.25 x 2100 = #29,925
Wall Trimming 9 meters x #2100 = #18,900
Facial cladding 22.68 meters x #2100 = #47,628
Ceiling cladding 59 meters x #2100 = #123,900
Accessories #35,000

Total #1,716,533

Transportation #20,000
Installation #150,000

Cc: @money121, kolanshang, rottech, spyder880, saydfact,QSfemi, segzy14, and all others

1. Since it's a flat roof, I don't think it is up to 626. Its impossible.

If height is 11ft ~ 3.4m, and your breadth is ~16m, using normal triangle theory, calculate length of your hypotenuse. About 16.4.

Multiply by your length. It will give you a fair idea.

You shouldn't have ridge cap if you are doing a flat roof. Using a barge board will be the best option.

This is how a barge board looks like.

Also your outer ceiling is quite much. If its 0.5m standard, then it shldnt be more than 40 thereabouts.

Labour is also much.

You need go renegotiate.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
somehow:

Never.

Did some research and got the info.

Checking Ketu down to owode onirin side now.

Better..

Owode on the other side also gets flooded during some rainy seasons.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2020
Muyi002:
Thanks to Rotecch77, spyder880 and Saydfact for this time over the phone and wonderful advice.

I appreciate.

Thanks boss.. Appreciate

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2020
I’d be happy to get a review on this roofing estimate for a 3 bedroom apart and 2 units of one bedroom self contain bungalow measuring 24.4m x 10.7m, 18ft king pole height and metro tiles roofing pattern. Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2020
PropertyVendor:

No sir, Benin City, Edo State is our base.

Dangote Cement is 3,000 Naira per bag
where in Edo state?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2020
n3xt:

Baba, the feeling is mutual.

I believe together we can change the narratives with enduring designs that transcend time.

We are still spectators - I will love to see the finished product when you are done. I would love to see how the work will look like.

The picture there is superb.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2020
You can count on us for your original and quality Nigeria cables

https://www.nairaland.com/2326721/nigerchin-kabelmetal-coleman-cables/23

Whatsapp or call 08033643191

Tel 08051750560

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shortgun(m): 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2020
Abolarin91:
You would have ask for competent/trusthworthy roofer that can work in Enugu(anywhere in Nigeria)...cc: money121, we have heard a lot about him here.
Thank you but I think my post is simple enough.
I need a Roofer that can work in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wingnut007: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2020
somehow:

Never.

Kindly share your findings about the locations when you are done.

Went to inspect an estate at Bogije yesterday and attached are the pictures of my findings. That swamp is a cause of concern to me. Going to Ebute side of Ikorodu tomorrow to make some findings and also to inspect some plots.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
somehow:

Never.

ISHERI north and flooding are like 5&6.

If you are building in isheri environ without raft or pile OYO.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2020
Wingnut007:

Went to inspect an estate at Bogije yesterday and attached are the pictures of my findings. That swamp is a cause of concern to me. Going to Ebute side of Ikorodu tomorrow to make some findings and also to inspect some plots.

Ebute area in ikorodu is a very good area immediately after Dangote/new ferry terminal going toward general hospital road or going toward igbogbo area.
Almost every area there are good

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
Wingnut007:

Wow. Looking similar to the property I checked at Mile 12/Agility side yesterday.

Would you go for this because it is swampy. Could not step on the plot of land/swamp.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Better..

Owode on the other side also gets flooded during some rainy seasons.

Which of the side?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:06pm On Nov 22, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

ISHERI north and flooding are like 5&6.

If you are building in isheri environ without raft or pile OYO.
Yea
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2020
BEST ROOFING MATERIALS LIMITED

Check out the advantages of stone coated steel roofing! If you have been weighing the benefits of ordinary Aluminium Roofing sheets vs. Stone Coated Steel, you will see that stone coated steel is superior in every category. Here are our top 5 Advantages of Stone Coated Roofing Tiles.
1-Lightweight
-At only 1.5 pounds per square foot, Stone Coated roofing tiles are light enough to install over most existing roofs. Eliminate the cost and inconvenience of a messy tear-off!
-They ease the structural burden on your home. Aluminium Roofing sheets can weigh as much as 10 pounds per square foot.
2-High Performance Interlocking Design
-Stone coated Roofing tiles resists driving rain, as well as high wind pressures.
-Horizontal fastening, avoids the “pull out” problem associated with wind uplift and blow off of some roofing materials such as Aluminium roofing.
-Individual panels interlock completely, systems have successfully tested against wind pressures over 120 MPH, and 8.8 inches of rain per hour.
3-Aluminum-Zinc Coated Steel Base
-Will not curl, cup, warp, split or break.
-Fire resistant, will not support fire, non-combustible.
-Performance does not diminish with age. Stone coated roofing tiles continue to offer superior performance year after year.
-Does not absorb moisture.
4-Distinctive Appearance
-Stone chip coating provides natural weathering and sound deadening qualities.
-Resists fading. does not fade if only you have the original Stone coated roof tiles and not the inferior ones.
-Available in elegant tile.
5- 50 Year Solid Warranty
-Includes 120 MPH wind resistance.
-Low/No maintenance for the within the 50yr range
For more information, supply and installation of your roofing materials please contact - 08059005022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2020
valencia2012:

God's speed.
My eyes are on you!

Tnx.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2020
Aforxzy:

Beautiful.

shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) (1779) ... (3643) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: psychologist(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.