Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4361318 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
n3xt:

Nigerian Tiles

_____
Pic 1 - Client order
Pic 2 - What we delivered

Yes, I know it's Nigerian tiles.... BA? ROYAL? GW?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
spyder880:

That's very good, I expect a slight pull back in the coming days, I am not buying much now.
Many dealers in Lagos now have stock. Went round now, but these guys have refused to drop prices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
gurunlocker:

Yes, I know it's Nigerian tiles.... BA? ROYAL? GW?

Goodwill
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2020
n3xt:

Goodwill

Thank you boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
davodyguy:

Many dealers in Lagos now have stock. Went round now, but these guys have refused to drop prices.

A distributors sale's girl told me that her boss informed them that prices Will drop by January
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
Jasobry:

A distributors sale's girl told me that her boss informed them that prices Will drop by January
And I don go charter 100 bags at ₦3200

Intend to start tiling around Christmas
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Oga @michlins na so this thing dey do? shocked

I throway respect for una o.
sir this cutting stone is "FC Master" one of the most durable and strongest cutter available in the market. Whatever did this to it, if it happens to another cutter,......

We dey find am but e no dey my area again. It's no longer available in the market

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
michlins:
sir this cutting stone is "FC Master" one of the most durable and strongest cutter available in the market. Whatever did this to it, if it happens to another cutter,......

We dey find am but e no dey my area again. It's no longer available in the market

So they weren’t lying that this is the best cutter.

It’s my fault I guess. Using it to cut half circle in pipe. I really needed to use a hole saw.

The blade went 50 feet before hitting a wall. I learnt a big lesson today.

I made an expandable welding table today. Can go from 2’ x 4’ to 4’ x 8’. Also stocked up with pipes.
Thanks.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2020
omanzo02:

You deliver to Delta State then? They are neighbours.
of course. I can waybill to warri or charter a bus directly to your site
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
The gate that has given and will continue giving. Just delivered to Oga Valencia2012 home this night.

We move on to the next project

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

So they weren’t lying that this is the best cutter.

It’s my fault I guess. Using it to cut half circle in pipe. I really needed to use a hole saw.

The blade went 50 feet before hitting a wall. I learnt a big lesson today.

I made an expandable welding table today. Can go from 2’ x 4’ to 4’ x 8’. Also stocked up with pipes.
Thanks.
before this cutter was one other cutter but I have forgotten the name and they have ruined the brand by importing fake versions. This one came in and was very cheap. While others sells for #600, it sells for #500 and yet it's stronger and more durable. It doesn't have to be expensive to be better.

Anyway before this will happen, you must have forced the angle grinder and the cutting stone to uncomfortable position and the next thing is to break. You don't force it to cut. You have to be really patient with it or risk cutting off your balls

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
davodyguy:

And I don go charter 100 bags at ₦3200

Intend to start tiling around Christmas

You are lucky. #5000 in PH

If you are close by, I'd have taken half of your stock self
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF4OeS7qoyI

I’d have loved to share the beautiful landscaping of this compound but the dogs...

I love the simplicity of this build and the lovely trees. I’d pick this over any of the “100m” build in Ikota villa.

E get why!

________
Guess where the project is and the value of the property?

cc: True2home

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
Donoppy:

Good !
Let me have your contact then...
Thanks
Whatsapp number 08135810794,
Call number 08107201532
Thanks I will be expecting ur call thanks,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
n3xt:

By buying from Government Affordable Housing Schemes
How do you think this is the best answer to that question? The listed allocations are limited to some areas. Remember the hike in price is not limited to that area alone.

I stop my project bcs of the dramatic increase in price of building materials

Where are we going in this country. Bad or no policy is the father of this problem

Peace!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
n3xt:

I don’t want to sound negative but if you can stock cement at 3,000 or 3,100 now. It’s best to do so as unconfirmed source have it that the current situation is unlikely to end soon.

Projection is looking at the end of February before everything normalize.

_____
I also want to encourage people to start looking into precast elements and pre-mixed concrete.
If I have funds, that’s a business I’ll be doing right now grin
No way one can see #3000-3100 cement here in osun state. The last price I got was 3700 per bag. How much is my salary

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
I’ve gotten 3 quotations for casement windows of these sizes below
1200 x 1200 = 12 windows
900 x 1200 = 3 windows
700 x 700 = 6 windows
1200 x 1000 = 3 windows

First quotation - 690k
Second quotation- 680k
Third quotation- 630k.

One of these guys is my cousin, he’s not aware I’m the one running the project but he’s the one who said 680k. I didn’t give him the roofing at all because he hinted he’s capable of ripping someone off during the course of our random conversations about roofing measurements and roofer’s tricks. So I didn’t even tell him about the roofing on my house project . My worry is that not giving him either of the job might put a strain on our friendship when he eventually finds out that I own the project. I’m not sure what to do, but 50k is no joke, especially this present time we’re living in.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2020
Thanks

twinskenny:

0807 664 7717

Musa
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
1200 x 1200 = 12 windows
900 x 1200 = 3 windows
700 x 700 = 6 windows
1200 x 1000 = 3 windows

First quotation - 690k
Second quotation- 680k
Third quotation- 630k.

One of these guys is my cousin, he’s not aware I’m the one running the project but he’s the one who said 680k. I didn’t give him the roofing at all because he hinted he’s capable of ripping someone off during the course of our random conversations about roofing measurements and roofer’s tricks. So I didn’t even tell him about the roofing on my house project . My worry is that not giving him either of the job might put a strain on our friendship when he eventually finds out that I own the project. I’m not sure what to do, but 50k is no joke, especially this present time we’re living in.

First, I won’t give jobs to anyone I won’t be able to sort out in a heartbeat. So this excludes family.

Second, if you must give the job to him, offer N630K. If he takes it no loss. If he doesn’t no loss too.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
Takoro13:

How do you think this is the best answer to that question? The listed allocations are limited to some areas. Remember the hike in price is not limited to that area alone.

I stop my project bcs of the dramatic increase in price of building materials

Where are we going in this country. Bad or no policy is the father of this problem

Peace!

I do not say or think my reply is the best answer to the question raised by the OP.

I only gave my answer/opinion which do not form general consensus.

Here’s the question again:

Cindino20:

At this rate how will civil servants afford decent home with their salary?

n3xt: By buying from Government Affordable Housing Schemes

Takoro13: By temporary/permanently stopping their building project.

others: By ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
Takoro13:

No way one can see #3000-3100 cement here in osun state. The last price I got was 3700 per bag. How much is my salary

I agree you should wait Baba till the price of building materials come down.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
1200 x 1200 = 12 windows
900 x 1200 = 3 windows
700 x 700 = 6 windows
1200 x 1000 = 3 windows

First quotation - 690k
Second quotation- 680k
Third quotation- 630k.

The difference btw the quotations is not much. But the difference in quality can be huge. I pay for jobs by careful balancing of quality, cost and reliability. Some low quotations can actually be the most costly.

Pls give us the breakdown of the charges per size of the windows.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
JustCryptos:

You are lucky. #5000 in PH

If you are close by, I'd have taken half of your stock self
less than 4k here in Nnewi and na BUA cement. Other brands are available, na your money go talk
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
spyder880:
Cement prices in different parts of the East.

Enugu N3,650
Awka N3,850
Ekwulobia N4,000
Owerri N3,900
Makurdi N2,800-3,000

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
Rexology:

Makurdi N2,800-3,000

Nice one!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shullamite: 10:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
HOUSE FOR SALE IN WARRI/ UGHELLI, DELTA STATE.

A building containing 3 bedroom flat, 2 bedroom flats and 3 rooms boys quarters in a land measuring 170 by 70 feet land in isoko express road in ughelli.

The property is in the busy express road in the heart of the Ughelli town.

The property could be converted for use as a bank, petrol station and many other commercial purpose.

Price #40,000,000.

Contact 08050364274 for details
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 11:01pm On Dec 09, 2020
bigcountry234:
I greet Noble men of this property thread, Pls can anybody kindly tell me how much it’ll cost to do the record copy survey of a plot of Land or Two plots? Perhaps we have able surveyors in the house.Thanks.

The Location, size and the name that will be on the survey are factors, that determine the cost. for more information call or chart me on 08069018449
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 11:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
A Concrete rumour has it that cost of doing land documentation in Lagos will increase by 100% to 200% next year. (Please don't quote me, just for your information)
Attached file is the current official cost in Eti Is a L G A.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 3:57am On Dec 10, 2020
davodyguy:

We are coming to Ibadan to launch fully soon.

We commissioned this on 1st December, 2020 at Alakia, Airport Junction, Alakia, Old Ife Road

100% Solar powered. No single cable from National Grid
solar system is the future of Nigeria jagajaga electricity. I laugh at people who have money and still spend thousands on fuel daily to power generator.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sheriman(m): 4:16am On Dec 10, 2020
valencia2012:

There scammers and there are beggars.
In 2017 December , you begged to have a power bank for your dead phone's battery.
Same 2017 Dec you begged for sneakers size 46 for Xmas. 24th or 25 Dec 2017 you still begged and got cash on your fidelity account. 23rd Dec 2017 you begged for a 100 naira airtime. 20 Dec you asked again for airtime.
Same as 17th you begged for an iPhone. You're even into Sportybet and 1xbet!
Now it's money for you mum which you have posted on over 15 threads on nairaland.
Yesterday, it was data you needed for your online course also posted on over 10 threads.
I could go on, but it's just too numerous
What is actually your problem? Speak up, help could be nearby!
You are even on the wrong thread for goodness sake!
You be FBI ni? This guy dey seriously follow him bumper to bumper on Nairaland oooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) ... (3661) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.