Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4364485 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 12:13pm On Feb 16, 2021
Hello<

Do you supply rods?
If yes, pls state location and current prices.

Thanks

Amastermovic:

10,000 naira increase today on TMT

TMT 335k per tonnes
Local 275k per tonnes

Yesterday price
TMT 325k
Local 275k

For tomorrow only God knows that

Price include delivery to site when fuel price increases as projected both will inflate more on transportation and cost of production
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2021
Some days ago
I made a comment on here that false accusations will ruin people's reputation and business.
That time it was Nxt that was been accused, and I said something that day, if something isn't done, other contractors on here will be the next victim.
Guys
It is very hard for you to work for years without defrauding people and only one deal will just tarnish and destroy all your hard work.
Humans are indeed wicked. Nigerians especially. We are all very very wicked. Very very wicked

Was is there in a simple apology and post modification,
That fraud allegation was seen by many and most of them won't see that it was false, these people are all potential client/customers.

We all practice double standards.
Why will mountmoriah be held to standards and the client won't be asked to modify or edit a post?
Is it because it is his money ? We keep forgetting that mountmoriah also worked for his money too..
We are protecting clients without protecting the contractors. To other contractors that have kept mute, what goes around comes around.
No b curse, you can never be too careful, someone one day night bring up baseless accusations against you.

@nxt it is damn too obvious client doesn't want to give any apology.
It is very very obvious.
On the day he was accusing someone here. He was online 247 replying and quoting. Now he is no where to be found.
Man doesn't want to go back on his words
His last post even had a line that everyone over looked
That contractor had sinister motive. Even after supplying his goods. Imagine.

Just free the guy
God go judge am.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:42pm On Feb 16, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Allow the client and the vendor to settle with each other. Too many cooks Brother.

This is the way to go. You can't browbeat an apology from the client in these circumstances. The contractor has got enough support from contributors to counter the fraud allegation (the internet never forgets also). I'm with you on this, let both contractor and client now sort themselves out and I'm sure if they do, the client may come out here with updated information.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2021
n3xt:

Is it time to share the screenshot of our convo now?

At first he said he wanted to confirm the materials were on his site.

Second, he wants to see the installation completed.

Thirdly he wanted to visit the site to see that the job has been done and was expecting picture from the roof supplier when his office is just few distance away from the site.

What else do we need to do sir?

It's almost 48 hours indeed, yet Cribking1 and Mountmoriah remain silent on this issue. Don't you get the message? One decided to speak rather than act and the other acting rather than speaking.
No-one should be forced to apologise to anyone. At the same time, we should not cry more than the "bereaved". Let's treat this matter as closed until those involved bring it up again. Am sure we are all very busy.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2021
valencia2012:

It's almost 48 hours indeed, yet Cribking1 and Mountmoriah remain silent on this issue. Don't you get the message? One decided to speak rather than act and the other acting rather than speaking.
No-one should be forced to apologise to anyone. At the same time, we should not cry more than the "bereaved". Let's treat this matter as closed until those involved bring it up again. Am sure we are all very busy.

Baba don say “fem” which means no need to dey para again.

Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2021
megacontrol:
Hello<

Do you supply rods?
If yes, pls state location and current prices.

Thanks

Good morning yes.
payment on delivery
current price local 285,000 per tonnes
TMT 335,000 per tonnes
price include delivery to site lagos '

We now offer a flexible option which is more cheaper you pay directly to the company i collect the teller and load your goods directly to site.
for this
TMT 320, per tonnes
local 270k per tonnes

binding wire is 8,000

whatsapp or call contact check my signature pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:17pm On Feb 16, 2021
diordaves:

This is the way to go. You can't browbeat an apology from the client in these circumstances. The contractor has got enough support from contributors to counter the fraud allegation (the internet never forgets also). I'm with you on this, let both contractor and client now sort themselves out and I'm sure if they do, the client may come out here with updated information.

Even though we are poles apart on many issues (eg flat roof vs pitch roof)grin grin I’d still say thank you for your valuable contribution.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
Greenarrow01:
Some days ago
I made a comment on here that false accusations will ruin people's reputation and business.

Thanks bro for all you do. It matters a lot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 1:27pm On Feb 16, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks bro for all you do. It matters a lot.

Boss
I am just stating the obvious o
Have a great day bro

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2021
44chux:

Am weary of all these backyard cornering.

How does one know you are not recommending yourself or cronies if you do not recommend openly

Anyway, I do not have something better to offer cool
This statement of urs is of hate, I will not pay you in your coin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GM008: 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2021
Does any one have an idea how much it will cost to implement a bore hole around Sagamu?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 2:13pm On Feb 16, 2021
Please I need your advice on external wall screeding before painting.

I would really love to screed before painting, at least to correct some cracks (i think resulting from plastering), but was thinking painting, especially when well done, should be able to 'cover it up'. Cost is another reason why I might hold back on the screeding.

What do you think please?

Gbadexy, N3xt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2021
GM008:
Does any one have an idea how much it will cost to implement a bore hole around Sagamu?

Borehole in Sagamu

GRA - 150k - 180k
Sabo towards Ode - 140k - 170k
Stadium/Ikenne - 200 - 240k

The cost varies based on the type of pump used. Interdab submersible pump costs 55k as of today. Other pumps cost as low as 35k.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2021
GM008:

Dont know about Sagamu bu in abuja i just did mine and it cost me NGN 700,000, FULL CASING
NGN 7,000 per meter and the depth is 103 meter, the 3 meter ontop of the 100m i paid for was jara

Abuja is rocky ground
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2021
Please anyone with a cst estimate or information to share ontank scaffold?
i want to raise a 40ft tank scaffold using H Channel metals .
any headsup on cost estimation and important facts/areas i need to look out for or note.
many thanks all.
sample attached of what i am considering in doing.
CC: Rotech,Ne3xt, hajji. twinskenny , skimanski, abdulwastex, spyder , Egunmogaji, etc .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2021
n3xt:

Borehole in Sagamu

GRA - 150k - 180k

The cost varies based on the type of pump used. Interdab submersible pump costs 55k as of today. Other pumps cost as low as 35k.

What of Ajah/badore, Abraham Adesanya area?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GM008: 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2021
n3xt:

Borehole in Sagamu

GRA - 150k - 180k

is the price quoted here + the pump or is this pump already included in the price?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2021
Good day guys, my in-law has been looking round to buy a sound and healthy 10ton tipper. I will appreciate if someone can help us out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2021
Greenarrow01:
Some days ago
That time it was Nxt that was been accused, and I said something that day, if something isn't done, other contractors on here will be the next victim.
Guys
It is very hard for you to work for years without defrauding people and only one deal will just tarnish and destroy all your hard work.
Humans are indeed wicked. Nigerians especially. We are all very very wicked. Very very wicked

Was is there in a simple apology and post modification,
That fraud allegation was seen by many and most of them won't see that it was false, these people are all potential client/customers.

We all practice double standards.
Why will mountmoriah be held to standards and the client won't be asked to modify or edit a post?
Is it because it is his money ? We keep forgetting that mountmoriah also worked for his money too..
We are protecting clients without protecting the contractors. To other contractors that have kept mute, what goes around comes around.
No b curse, you can never be too careful, someone one day night bring up baseless accusations against you.

@nxt it is damn too obvious client doesn't want to give any apology.
It is very very obvious.
On the day he was accusing someone here. He was online 247 replying and quoting. Now he is no where to be found.
Man doesn't want to go back on his words
His last post even had a line that everyone over looked
That contractor had sinister motive. Even after supplying his goods. Imagine.

Just free the guy
God go judge am.

Contract is meeting of the mind
when people start having problem between contractor and client there is no meeting of the mind
I like people with balance view but i think you are on side
wrong is wrong

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:
Please anyone with a cst estimate or information to share ontank scaffold?
i want to raise a 40ft tank scaffold using H Channel metals .
any headsup on cost estimation and important facts/areas i need to look out for or note.
many thanks all.
sample attached of what i am considering in doing.
CC: Rotech,Ne3xt, hajji. twinskenny , skimanski, abdulwastex, spyder , Egunmogaji, etc .

@michlins give materials estimate. I’ll get the prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2021
n3xt:

what's the number of tanks you intend to have on it. Be that as it may, your budget should be 850,000 and above
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2021
michlins:
what's the number of tanks you intend to have on it. Be that as it may, your budget should be 850,000 and above
2 tanks of 2,000 liters and 1,500 liters respectively.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2021
GM008:

is the price quoted here + the pump or is this pump already included in the price?

Yes the price includes pump. You just need to chose the pump you want to arrive at final cost

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2021
n3xt:

I appreciate sir your efforts to try as much as possible to assist with informations when called upon . you are the one people call upon most here for knowledge and we dont take this for granted sir.
many thanks

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:

I appreciate sir your efforts to try as much as possible to assist with informations when called upon . you are the one people call upon most here for knowledge and we dont take this for granted sir.
many thanks

Thank you sir.

Don’t forget to check me at our headquarters shop kobocity.com

Na there bebe dey shele. If I lie, ask fellow kobocitizens @thomaths @folmus @topsy23 @mank1234

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 4:01pm On Feb 16, 2021
Pls whats the difference in this woods , Akun , Ayin wood , Okoko igbo , Itara , Oguns .
All various type of Hard wood for roofing.

The last 3 type of woods is classified in different category.
I need directions as the last 3 also comes cheaper in price.
Next brabus rotech
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 4:03pm On Feb 16, 2021
GoodFaith:

Contract is meeting of the mind
when people start having problem between contractor and client there is no meeting of the mind
I like people with balance view but i think you are on side
wrong is wrong
Pls how am I on one side?
Even after stating clearly that we need to protect both the client and the contractor. How is that one sided.
Clients are not doing anything the contractors any favour bro.
They are paying for a service.
We have this mentality in Nigeria and it is crazy.
You see politicians been thanked for a job they were elected to do

My position remains
In any transaction, both client and contractor should be well protected. Everybody should come out of a deal well satisfied.
Gracias

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:

2 tanks of 2,000 liters and 1,500 liters respectively.
budget 750,000. Initially I thought you were doing for commercial purposes that carries at least six tanks. But what's the height of the building that will need 40ft. Kindly note that you need at least three storey building to use this type of height
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
michlins:
budget 750,000. Initially I thought you were doing for commercial purposes that carries at least six tanks. But what's the height of the building that will need 40ft. Kindly note that you need at least three storey building to use this type of height

The height of the building is 36ft and its a 2 storey building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:24pm On Feb 16, 2021
“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities, but of their advantages” - Adam Smith,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2021
Greenarrow01:

Pls how am I on one side?
Even after stating clearly that we need to protect both the client and the contractor. How is that one sided.
Clients are not doing anything the contractors any favour bro.
They are paying for a service.
We have this mentality in Nigeria and it is crazy.
You see politicians been thanked for a job they were elected to do

My position remains
In any transaction, both client and contractor should be well protected. Everybody should come out of a deal well satisfied.
Gracias
with clear goals and objective equal to meeting of the mind in contract Law
I don't talk about Nigeria politics
Because it is sour
I don't talk about politics
When it come to politics at work I only make smart comment to people
To let they know i know their politics
I bought a small bell from Vatican city few year back
I took it to work I am not sure why
When few dude start talking their trash politics
I will start ringing the bell they will zip it up

I will give the dude a chance - we will see

I have done few deal with dfammeguy--- he had issue with somebody here
will that stop me from doing business with him NO----but we are going to have a clear goals regarding waybill breakable thing

I Called Michlins's about a week ago to call friend so he can get the job
I have giving Michlins's phone number to other firend
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:

The height of the building is 36ft and its a 2 storey building
then you should do 36ft tall tank. Anything above that and the tank will look like a child that wear "oversized clothes" for Christmas. 36ft plus 1ft which will come from the base foundation is enough to give the water maximum pressure

Take a look at the attached picture

(1) (2) (3) ... (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Valuepaints20(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m), Holurantee(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.