Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2023) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4366382 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) (2026) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2021
godquality:

I saw a video where 16mm iron rod was inserted into the aluminium casing of an aluminium window that comes with burglary proof. Could that be considered a better solution than having the burglary proof separate?
sir, I can remove all those three in one stuff without tools and am not a thief. Imagine what a professional can do with the right tools.

Some times, they use galvanized pipes which simple hand saw can manually cut through. Just remove one pipe and an adult will make his way past the windows. But sha it's your decision to make

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2021
qwertyboss:
please who can connect me to a good construction firm in Kano for internship?
I just need a better experience...
please help...

Reach out to AbdulWastecx he may have a lead.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qwertyboss(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Reach out to AbdulWastecx he may have a lead.
Okay thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by godquality: 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
michlins:
sir, I can remove all those three in one stuff without tools and am not a thief. Imagine what a professional can do with the right tools.

Some times, they use galvanized pipes which simple hand saw can manually cut through. Just remove one pipe and an adult will make his way past the windows. But sha it's your decision to make
thanks for the insight. Very helpful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2021
Good day to my humble oga's in the house. Pls where can I get this petrol surface pumping machine. It's usually comes as Tokunbo.
CC . Next brabus
Oga Rotech

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2021
oduncojamaica:
Good day to my humble oga's in the house. Pls where can I get this petrol surface pumping machine. It's usually comes as Tokunbo.
CC . Next brabus
Oga Rotech
go to alaba international market that is where you can get it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 12:00am On Feb 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Why anyone would put this garish looking thing in their residence befuddles me.

It looks like the lounge of a Texas whorehouse. This according to a friend wink

Mehn, I thought I was alone in my distaste for such lightings around P.O.P and also using P.O.P as Media Unit facials. I sure do know "different stripes for different folks" but how did we get here ?

Sleeping under such colored light is a nightmare alone should you want to use as ambience.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:34am On Feb 25, 2021
inze:

Mehn, I thought I was alone in my distaste for such lightings around P.O.P and also using P.O.P as Media Unit facials. I sure do know "different stripes for different folks" but how did we get here ?

Sleeping under such colored light is a nightmare alone should you want to use as ambience.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 2:31am On Feb 25, 2021
What anti-termite treatments are available in Nigeria that actually work?

I've heard of condemned engine oil and kerosene.

Do those work?

Whatever works how long before it needs to be reapplied?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:16am On Feb 25, 2021
FEGEITOK:
What anti-termite treatments are available in Nigeria that actually work?

I've heard of condemned engine oil and kerosene.

Do those work?

Whatever works how long before it needs to be reapplied?

Thanks in advance.
This is what you need to take care of them for ever. Be careful when applying it very powerful, you may not able to stay around the area for one to two days. Mix them when applying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kgiprince: 4:28am On Feb 25, 2021
Can anyone help me with this calculation please.

I have a plot of land that I want to fence, right now one side of land has been dwarf fenced by my neighbor.

How many blocks will it take to fence the remaining corners excluding the gate space?

Right now I intend it to be 7 couches of blocks. While 2 is buried and 5 will be the height.

How many bags of cement and quantity of sand can finish this job.

The land is in a dry land, is it necessary to blind with concrete?

Size of land is 100 × 50ft

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 5:21am On Feb 25, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
go to alaba international market that is where you can get it
Thank u Sir
Pls do you have any trusted person in that market that can help me out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:41am On Feb 25, 2021
oduncojamaica:

Thank u Sir
Pls do you have any trusted person in that market that can help me out.
i have person there but he deal with light not that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 25, 2021
[quote author=n3xt post=99395533][/quote]

meeen, wetin be this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:43am On Feb 25, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

meeen, wetin be this?

Trending things. Apple TV Wall Shelf.

Drywall construction is a step towards achieving affordable furniture but today every Cotonou boy is now a home designer lipsrsealed

The naija real estate market really needs to be regulated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:24am On Feb 25, 2021
Set awon ojulowo welders.

I wish I could tutor under this welder. They got it completely right, most especially the transitional piece between vertical and horizontal.

Bonus: it’s not chrome cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaba0803(m): 7:27am On Feb 25, 2021
Good morning house , pls if anyone have used 1by12 planks or marine boards for sale or for Rent , should contact me ASAP very urgent.....08118888592.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:28am On Feb 25, 2021
Good morning.

we are available for your roofing woods, woodwork and materials contact us today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:39am On Feb 25, 2021
kopell:
This is what you need to take care of them for ever. Be careful when applying it very powerful, you may not able to stay around the area for one to two days. Mix them when applying

God bless you plenty
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:41am On Feb 25, 2021
Let me drop this here.

Want to find out how to make sustainable interior design projects and boost your career?

I invite you to our free course at The Sustainable Interior Design Week. There will be five days of live online classes that will completely change the way you design.

The event takes place online between March 15th to 19th. Spots are limited. Sign up at the link below.

https://www.ugreen.com.br/week?fbclid=IwAR0dcew9tVV-fRq8lj_lQg7nVIChnTHLwcY2e9_BT-kqlnWh9lyrHj7bMfw

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by godquality: 7:58am On Feb 25, 2021
michlins:
do a separate burglary if you can afford it. It's always better. Issue of funds is usually why people don't do it separately
Do up have other designs that are more modern? Don't like these ones you shared and are you based on Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 8:09am On Feb 25, 2021
inze:

pop be like say I dey 360 night club. That thing is kinda annoying and childish. Who came up with such designs for sitting room should be stoned. The annoying part is people will copy and they will tag u poor if you don't have it

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:15am On Feb 25, 2021
n3xt:
Let me drop this here.

Want to find out how to make sustainable interior design projects and boost your career?

I invite you to our free course at The Sustainable Interior Design Week. There will be five days of live online classes that will completely change the way you design.

The event takes place online between March 15th to 19th. Spots are limited. Sign up at the link below.

Link missing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 8:16am On Feb 25, 2021
godquality:
Do up have other designs that are more modern? Don't like these ones you shared and are you based on Lagos?
Bro go for what you like forget all this burglary theories any burglary can be breached so far it has weld joints.
Your house is made of blocks not concrete anybody who comes ready to breach your burglary can easily knock three or four blocks off and gain access to your house. Invest in a dog and electric fence and even with this a determined criminal would still gain access by knocking your fence over. Last last na God hand we dey

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 8:16am On Feb 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Why anyone would put this garish looking thing in their residence befuddles me.

It looks like the lounge of a Texas whorehouse. This according to a friend wink

You have always beaten me to these posts.
Lol.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by godquality: 8:19am On Feb 25, 2021
n3xt:

Pic 1-3 | Large Windows
Pic 4 | Large Wrought Iron Burglar Bars
These building terminologies are killing me grin. Do you have a another view of the wrought iron pic? Would like to know how it actually looks like.

And do you have a welder you work with in Lagos you can link me to or this is something any local welder should be able to use? Obviously novice questions I know.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:28am On Feb 25, 2021
valencia2012:

You have always beaten me to these posts.
Lol.

I held my opinion in for days but I just couldn’t do it anymore sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:30am On Feb 25, 2021
Mup4life:
Bro go for what you like forget all this burglary theories any burglary can be breached so far it has weld joints.
Your house is made of blocks not concrete anybody who comes ready to breach your burglary can easily knock three or four blocks off and gain access to your house. Invest in a dog and electric fence and even with this a determined criminal would still gain access by knocking your fence over. Last last na God hand we dey

I agree with you.

In my opinion if a robber can touch your windows then all is lost.

To me burglar bars is one of the final defense.

I have my misgivings about the embedded burglary but it’s not about strength but about finality.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:36am On Feb 25, 2021
FEGEITOK:

Link missing

Link added. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2021
Here is my recommendation;

Materials needed
1) 6-inch blocks = 5230 @ #200 per one = 1,046,000
2) 50kg cement = 104 bags @ #3,000 per bag = 312,000
3) 12mm iron rod = 15 length @ #3,150 per length = 47,250
4) 10mm iron rod = 9 length @ #2,200 per length = 19,800
5) Tying wire = 1 roll = 10,000
6) 20 tonnes sharp sand = 4 trips @ #55,000 per trip = 220,000
7) Granite; 15 tonnes = 100,000
1 x 12 x 12 feet softwood; 26 length @ #1,500 per length = 39,000
cool 2 x 2 x 12 feet softwood; 20 length @ #400 per length = 3,000
9) Nail; 10kg = 5,000

Total for Materials = 1,807,050.00

Labour
1) Excavation (Digging) = 40,000
2) Backfilling = 10,000
3) Blocksetting = 313,740
4) Casting of Foundation footing = 26,000
5) Casting of Gate Columns = 12,000
6) Iron bending = 5,000
7) Carpentry = 10,000

Total for Labour = 416,740.00

Summary
1) Materials = 1,807,050.00
2) Labour. = 416,740.00

Estimated Total Cost = 2,223,810.00

N.B: Please not the following;
1) The average height of the fence is taken as 2.40 metres above the ground level while the depth of the foundation is taken as 0.60 metres.

2) The cost of materials is peculiar to certain areas in Lagos. Do check if they conform with your local community price.

sgtponzihater1:
No body has given me a quote for fencing a 1800 SQM round?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ehisfame: 9:16am On Feb 25, 2021
CONTRACTOR APPRECIATION: Looking for a great contractor for your roofing project? I'm happy to recommend Imran Roofing on +234 808 531 0359 call/WhatsApp.

He just concluded mine and I'm super buzzing for the final outlook.

He's literally restored my trust in contractors in Nigeria. I say this has one who's been dealt a bad hand so many times by them simply because I'm not in Nigeria.

I was drawn by his reviews on Nairaland; with emphasis on his trustworthiness, openness and good customer relations and decided to a chance. And boy what a man he is. I sent him money without even knowing him and just as we agreed he delivered.

He kept me updated--calls, pictures, voicenotes--through out the process and I felt really valued.

I'm super chuffed. Continue the good work Imran @adesegun121. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:21am On Feb 25, 2021
QSFemi:
Here is my recommendation;

Materials needed
1) 6-inch blocks = 5230 @ #200 per one = 1,046,000
2) 50kg cement = 104 bags @ #3,000 per bag = 312,000
3) 12mm iron rod = 15 length @ #3,150 per length = 47,250
4) 10mm iron rod = 9 length @ #2,200 per length = 19,800
5) Tying wire = 1 roll = 10,000
6) 20 tonnes sharp sand = 4 trips @ #55,000 per trip = 220,000
7) Granite; 15 tonnes = 100,000
1 x 12 x 12 feet softwood; 26 length @ #1,500 per length = 39,000
cool 2 x 2 x 12 feet softwood; 20 length @ #400 per length = 3,000
9) Nail; 10kg = 5,000

Total for Materials = 1,807,050.00

Labour
1) Excavation (Digging) = 40,000
2) Backfilling = 10,000
3) Blocksetting = 313,740
4) Casting of Foundation footing = 26,000
5) Casting of Gate Columns = 12,000
6) Iron bending = 5,000
7) Carpentry = 10,000

Total for Labour = 416,740.00

Summary
1) Materials = 1,807,050.00
2) Labour. = 416,740.00

Estimated Total Cost = 2,223,810.00

N.B: Please not the following;
1) The average height of the fence is taken as 2.40 metres above the ground level while the depth of the foundation is taken as 0.60 metres.

2) The cost of materials is peculiar to certain areas in Lagos. Do check if they conform with your local community price.

Nice quote but I think you should look at the provision made for 12mm reinforcement.

At 3m interval, you’d require more than 15 columns on a 1800sqm land. 1 length of reinforcement will manage to give you 1 column.

You should also look at the amount set aside for iron bending and carpentary. I don’t see the OP spending anything less than 120k on both if he’s a bargain-hunter.

It’s like you omitted the cost of casting the almost 60 columns that the land will require.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) (2026) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.