Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2072) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365482 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chioma1989: 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

The colors washed off in the bathrooms only. The living areas are as good as new.

I will then use foreign tiles for my bathrooms, kitchen and living room. All other places will have to be Nigerian made tiles

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 5:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
modath:

Hello
hi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
Help Us Decide

Floating Steel or Floating Concrete Stairs for XL6 Trillion | Atrium House?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
Aforxzy:

I was the structural engineer on the project ( for both the design and the supervision of the construction work)

Congratulations Ma. It is a very impressive project to have on one's portfolio.

If you don't mind, kindly confirm the developer is Telesev.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by salisuammy(f): 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good evening Oga EgunMogaji2 and all my Sabi Ogas in the house.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
salisuammy:

Lovely.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 6:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
Chioma1989:

I will then use foreign tiles for my bathrooms, kitchen and living room. All other places will have to be Nigerian made tiles

Thank you for your response.

Although that person's experience is very valid, I don't believe this generalization holds having specified Nigerian tiles throughout my builds (soppy patroit me). For one, we might be doing our local industry a disservice.

I'm no expert though but some other opinion might be helpful eg, from someone that installs tiles on an ongoing basis eg ... @Rotecch77

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
Hello My People! Missed you guys cool cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2021
Updates! A little transformation in My Sister's Make up Studio:.

So My sister's Studio ceiling is like the one in *Pic 1*. then I decided to remove the ti-rod from the slate, I did Screeding & added cornice to change the ceiling look! *pic2*

Did some Wainscott design on one part of the wall & we added 3D Panel to the other side.

Although My sister is a stylish alaroro! grin
But we tried our best sha!!!

°•HTF•°

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2021
Final Updates below.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
salisuammy:

Looks fantastic.

I’ll never use white profile on my windows again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oga mi, can you show details of one with pictures and cleared price in Lagos? I understand there’s no duty on them?

Thanks.
Yes, Clearing is 1.2-1.5m, this is actually coming but due to shipping issue in China delays it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2021
Good evening All,

This is introducing #trove to you, you can check out my signature we both get FREE shares of either Dangote Sugar or GTBANK.

And if you interested in Bitcoin kindly sign up with https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=H1R24WDO we both get $50 or free coin.

Thank you for your time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2021
tonididdy:
Wild thoughts?:

To dip my new barbwire in oil paint before installation to slow rust

?

My barb wire did not rust, as promised by the seller. The hangers are showing some signs of rust, also as promised by the seller grin

So maybe instead of dipping in paint you might research non rusting ones.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2021
Chioma1989:

Hmmm. This is deep. We actually want to use Nigerian tiles in the living areas and Spanish for the bathrooms because of water. I don't trust Nigerian tiles to hold against water.

There are good Nigerian wall tiles you can use in your bathroom that will take away your fears. Except probably the desired designs/colours you seek is not available for use.
I did some renovations in my family house and bought TIME CERAMICS wall tiles to be used for both toilets and kitchen and they are still in good condition for 3 years now.

Is there anyone here who has used same longer than the duration mine is who is having issues!!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
Just to clear the air on the thinly veiled accusation of being unpatriotic.

Old timers should remember that I was gong ho on using all Nigerian made products on my build. I did use quite a bit of made in Nigeria products.

I generally have had pretty good luck on my choices except for a few things like light brackets and tiles used in wet areas. I passed my opinions based on that.

Unless you’re funding my project then please allow me to make my choices.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
Chekitaut:
Yes, Clearing is 1.2-1.5m, this is actually coming but due to shipping issue in China delays it.

Thanks, this is pretty good. My concern is just leaving it sitting in between building projects.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mykel51(m): 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2021
Hello Engineers, I m currently working on foundation for a fenced estate at Lakwe. Fence is about 300m in length.

What type of foundation is recommended between an Inverted T beam or a Rectangular beam ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks, this is pretty good. My concern is just living it sitting in between building projects.
Sure...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:25pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mykel51:
Hello Engineers, I m currently working on foundation for a fenced estate at Lakwe. Fence is about 300m in length.

What type of foundation is recommended between an Inverted T beam or a Rectangular beam ?

Inverted T Beam

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by salisuammy(f): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Looks fantastic.

I’ll never use white profile on my windows again.
Just give me contract my Oga grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by salisuammy(f): 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
n3xt:

Lovely.
Oga, just call me make we come put window for one house smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
salisuammy:

Oga, just call me make we come put window for one house smiley

We’ll do something together very soon. Keep sharing your stuffs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by salisuammy(f): 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
BrabusNG:

We’ll do something together very soon. Keep sharing your stuffs.
Thank you so much. Looking forward to it sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mykel51:

An inverted T beam will be fine likewise a rectangular beam in absence of some investigation go for an inverted T..

When a lady on heel step on u. U will feel a pain and react to such (regular beam ) if she's on slippers and jump on u self u may tell her one more time baby , reason the load is spread on larger area

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
tonididdy:
Wild thoughts?:

To dip my new barbwire in oil paint before installation to slow rust

?
Do fence rails like this

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
NextHome Formwork Rental | Beams, Columns, Lintels, Slabs

Call 0700-NEXTHOME (Lagos projects only)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Amastermovic:

An inverted T beam will be fine likewise a rectangular beam in absence of some investigation go for an inverted T..

When a lady on heel step on u. U will feel a pain and react to such (regular beam ) if she's on slippers and jump on u self u may tell her one more time baby , reason the load is spread on larger area

Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

My barb wire did not rust, as promised by the seller. The hangers are showing some signs of rust, also as promised by the seller grin

So maybe instead of dipping in paint you might research non rusting ones.
Ok.
Do you recall the price range?
A seller told me if the barbwire passed through the salt side of the sea, the barbs must rust with time. He said I should buy the stainless type instead @46k per bundle against the other of 12500 per bundle.

... I didn't want to argue with him about the "salt side of the sea thing", I just drove away lol

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
Fresh and Upcoming from NextHome Design+Build

For contemporary lovers.

Get notification about our latest designs here https://www.kobocity.com/d/135-projects-by-nexthome-designbuild/18

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mykel51(m): 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
Amastermovic:

Ok sir, can I space columns at intervals of 3.5m as against 3m ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.