Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4350907 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) ... (3655) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
bobkezel:

the 2nd pics on the mention.
I believe it's this one in the quote.

For 4 by 4 size with 12mm rod, it's 17,000

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
inze:

wetin you day find bros? Crude?

LOL, Bros i did geo-survey abi wetin dem dey call am. They gave me 280 feet to get to spring water o. The land na rocky land though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
Pls am looking to dig a borehole somewhere around Mowe-ofada. I did survey and i got 280 feet.

I need a driller. Kindly recommend a good one please.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by solidmyk(m): 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
JWTheocracy1:
Hello my people. Please make una help me out. The gentleman I contracted to have my veranda work done told me this wrought iron is 25k per square meter. And the design alone in the second picture can cost as much as 22k. Who knows how true his quote is? And between i don't base at home, so I don't have any means to verify. I think is just too expensive. Nairaland is my only means of verification.
I just saw this hope it's not too late the reply.

I think you're trying to get a stainless rail done 25k is not bad if you're going with that design, here in Lagos it's done 26k per sqr meter but that design it's not up to that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Hello house I need y'all help. Which legit Roofing sheet company within Benin, Delta/Asaba/Onitsha can I get original stone coated roofing sheet that does not fade off within a short period of time(shingle in particular) for a reasonable price.

Agen Aluminium Benin the only company I legitly know seems to be out of stock ��‍♂️

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
dapotemi:
Pls am looking to dig a borehole somewhere around Mowe-ofada. I did survey and i got 280 feet.

a guy did mine @ 220 ft you can call to get his contact

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
jhorjhor:
Please does anyone know the dimension for this kinda window
The first one is, 4ft x 4ft, why second one is 5ft x 4ft
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
twinskenny:
a guy did mine @ 220 ft you can call to get his contact

Kindly share contact pls... Your contact too if u don't mind pls.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
Chikebrain:

My dad I site you

who be this one wey dey make me feel like old man when I just turned 24?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
jhorjhor:
Please does anyone know the dimension for this kinda window
1.5 by 1.2

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
dapotemi:

LOL, Bros i did geo-survey abi wetin dem dey call am. They gave me 280 feet to get to spring water o. The land na rocky land though

Spring water grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
BrabusNG:

Spring water grin

Bros I just weak, oya help nah

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
dapotemi:

Bros I just weak, oya help nah

Me ke? I don’t trust those surveys a bit let alone the guys in the business. They’re mostly rogues.

They once did a federal govt borehole for me.
A FG borehole is a borehole that works during commissioning but stop working after official handing over ceremony grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 9:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
BrabusNG:

Me ke? I don’t trust those surveys a bit let alone the guys in the business. They’re mostly rogues.

They once did a federal govt borehole for me.
A FG borehole is a borehole that works during commissioning but stop working after official handing over grin

Geologist's are rogues now Brabus? you gave your job to rogues, dont generalize.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Starzdavid247(m): 10:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
Five inches block or six inches hollow block which is more suitable in building a four bedroom bungalow.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:57am On Apr 01, 2021
Starzdavid247:
Five inches block or six inches hollow block which is more suitable in building a four bedroom bungalow.

I think it depends on your locale.

To me the standard is 9” hollow on exterior walls and 6” hollow in the interior. I’ve never used solid block before.

Good luck on your project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 6:23am On Apr 01, 2021
fabulous85:
Geologist's are rogues now Brabus? you gave your job to rogues, dont generalize.

My bad. I don’t really mean that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 6:55am On Apr 01, 2021
amosblisz:
Hello house I need y'all help. Which legit Roofing sheet company within Benin, Delta/Asaba/Onitsha can I get original stone coated roofing sheet that does not fade off within a short period of time(shingle in particular) for a reasonable price.

Agen Aluminium Benin the only company I legitly know seems to be out of stock ��‍♂️

We are in lagos but can handle your roofing project in that region..

Check our thread to see the recent jobs we just handle at edo state >>
https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/117#100369643
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 7:15am On Apr 01, 2021
Happy New Month!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 8:04am On Apr 01, 2021
dapotemi:

Spring water ké, na them put am there ni. The 280ft is possible but that spring water, na only God can determine that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 8:09am On Apr 01, 2021
dapotemi:

The rocks here are sedimentary, shale and sandstone. Manual drilling might not work. You will need a motorised rotary rig.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:07am On Apr 01, 2021
Thank you.

That's along the lines of the design and what I was thinking before.
Those guys seem like a good one-stop shop, at least on paper. will speak to them and evaluate their offerings with other providers we have marked for this.

Cheers.

sconp:

Admixture in the concrete + Bituminous felt + properly sloped slab with provision for drain + tiles properly installed with sealant should suffice.

You could also check the below link, they seem to have a variety of solutions.

https://actnigeria.com/our-projects/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:10am On Apr 01, 2021
You may not do the caping, it doesn't affect the wire. However, it good you cover the block holes to avoid rain water into the fence which may quickly weaken the fence with time. If you plan to cover the block holes it also important the bricklayers doing that should put the Y-angle along.
aheadahead20:

is it necessary to do the fence capping prior to installation of the barb wires?

( the fence currently does not have any fence cap).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 10:47am On Apr 01, 2021
Motorize Bore hole diggers in the house... see jobs ooooo... give use price per meter of feets..

Geotech survey is very important too...

in Abuja... there are some Indian bore hole guys... they just ask you where you want the bore hole in your compound..
there price is fixed with casement... it ranges between 6k to 7k per meter.. they don't want to know if rock is inside or not.. they just dig...

Hoping to meet such guys in the south west

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 10:54am On Apr 01, 2021
adesegun121:

We are in lagos but can handle your roofing project in that region..

Check our thread to see the recent jobs we just handle at edo state >>
https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/117#100369643

Thanks but Lagos is far
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 11:02am On Apr 01, 2021
amosblisz:

Thanks but Lagos is far

Ok sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:03am On Apr 01, 2021
twinskenny:
Happy new week to you all... we are doing electrical finishing installations for this multidwelling units around makoko lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire

Call us for your electrical, cctv, fire alarm and whole house audio system

Good morning boss. Asking this here so people can learn too.

Whats the average cost of cctv for a 3 bedroom apartment.. piping, wiring, camera, monitor, remote viewing, all inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:07am On Apr 01, 2021
michlins:
these are alternatives

Beautiful. Will send pictures to client.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2021
Starzdavid247:

I recommend 6 inches hollow blocks for internal partitioning and 9 inches for the external walls.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yosmen: 11:31am On Apr 01, 2021
Oodua25:
Hello People, roofing carpenter tells me there are 2 types of 2-by-6 planks. One type is called sawmill and is more expensive. Is this true or he is talking nonsense?

Nonsense
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2021
amosblisz:

Thanks but Lagos is far

Consider the quality of work though.

Go through his threads and you’ll see lots of satisfied customers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 12:08pm On Apr 01, 2021
Hello all,

If you have an old gate for sale anywhere around lekki-epe express road in Lagos, preferably towards the awoyaya - eleko junction end, pls reach out.

Looking to buy one to secure a site temporarily before construction commences.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) ... (3655) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jiday4(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.