Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4366255 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
sonnie10:

You could use travel cert next time without the PP as long as you have your US one. Home insurance could be changed at anytime but remember, coverage is never the same. Some cheap ones will not honor their part in terms of genuine claims. Too much run around, leaving the home owner with huge out of pocket expenses. So cheap is not always good. In terms of healthcare, MA has a lot of standard community primary care facilities that will never turn anybody back because of inability to pay. This is what stands them out from the deep south states. In South, its a business model, but in MA population well being takes priority. Things like dental, routine lab work, physical etc is not a big deal in MA even if you don't have insurance. All these things add up to the cost of living and not just paycheck differences.

Mitt Rommey did a good job with access to all MA residents to medical cover
I had a valid Nigeria PP at the time
Including Nigeria I have two citizenships ( three total)
I was questioned about loyalty that was the reason i didn't use my Nigeria PP at the time
I have two other PP from North America countries
I was not questioned on my other citizenship because I have not renewal that PP for a long time, Only use the citizenship card
when I an get in and out that country
I only deal with major players in anything i do regarding the insurance
If i can move my job and other of my stuff excluding my primary resident
I will pick Texas over my Mid west state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Disclaimer: I’m comparing suburb of Dallas to a suburb of Los Angeles.

Calif is a different ball
1200 sq ft house can cost I M
I will not live in any part of calif-- sorry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

What is that fascia? Love it.

On Kobocity is there a dedicated place to post ads?

Thanks.

It's work in progress.

It will be fully automated. You'll be first to be notified when ready. In addition, you'll be offered free 1,000 ads impressions when we go live.

What are the features you'll love enabled?

Edit: in the meantime, ads can be posted in any topic under off-topic category.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I worked for Baylor Hospital in Dallas. I was afraid to go to the hospital because of bills grin

It is the type of policy Baylor Hospital give to their staff
I work for a state government and I know my policy is better than my family member that work for state of Texas

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Texas does not take income tax but they make up for it. Trust me.

One is the toll roads. I paid $0 in toll in California over 29 years but thousands in Texas in four years.

No income tax or sale tax?
correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
PROCEDURE FOR STAGE CERTIFICATION

https://epp.lagosstate.gov.ng/Home/StageCertification

#monitoringspirit #lagosbuild

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lexyblazy: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
How much is the electrical workmanship cost for full conduit piping of 1 bedroom flat. (Room, parlor, kitchen, toilet/bathroom combined)

Only the piping, no wiring yet. There are 3 units of 1bedroom flat, I was charged 30k each, totaling 90K.

is that not too much?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
GoodFaith:

No income tax or sale tax?
correct

No state income tax.

Property tax in California is set at 1%, in my city in Texas is much higher.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

No state income tax.

Property tax in California is set at 1%, in my city in Texas is much higher.
What about sale tax? zero in Texas

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:57pm On Apr 15, 2021
Horlardorjah:

we are saying the same thing here, you know what your clients can afford and you give it to them n beside it will work for your design and client can afford the maintenance.

in terms of cost for the steel roof, how many client can afford it and how easy will it be to convince a client that doesn't have the exposure/knowledge and under strict/tight budget.

if your client can afford all the finishes you've showcased in here, cost for steel roof can never be an issue n either steel or wood, both will serve same function if well done

aside that, how much did you charge for your design? I'm sure it's not in the range of a hundred-two? so tell me how you won't go extra mile with your design Sir.

Hmm!! You just made a convincing point.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
rotecch77:

I understand you clearly, you see all still boiled down to client 1st brief, you can’t design without client brief, it’s after the briefs you now advise and come out with fantastic concept that will suit the client.

In every part of the work each area have there own type of structure that fit in there environment not that they can’t design American structure here.
That remained me of a gate see through design I fabricated for a client, the client said Ogbeni pls change the gate to fully covered one.
And the same concept was designed for another client and he love it.

How many people here in Nigeria will go for plane glass ( see through) for there bedroom or there sittingroom, they are just few.

Those that means Nigeria architect doesn’t know how to do this?

It's Nice & Easy to work, when you come up with a good concept & your client accept without long talk, the only priority you will be faced with is to deliver a standard job of what you explained to Ur client.

Well I will go with a quote from one of my ogas at the Top' here.
“Some Like it in the Pot three days old”

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
GoodFaith:

Mitt Rommey did a good job with access to all MA residents to medical cover
I had a valid Nigeria PP at the time
Including Nigeria I have two citizenships ( three total)
I was questioned about loyalty that was the reason i didn't use my Nigeria PP at the time
I have two other PP from North America countries
I was not questioned on my other citizenship because I have not renewal that PP for a long time, Only use the citizenship card
when I an get in and out that country
I only deal with major players in anything i do regarding the insurance
If i can move my job and other of my stuff excluding my primary resident
I will pick Texas over my Mid west state

God bless the US. It is a great country with lots of opportunities. Anyone that has lived in the US should naturally be loyal and committed to making and keeping it great.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
GoodFaith:

No sir, it’s not zero.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:47pm On Apr 15, 2021
GoodFaith:

There’s sales tax all over Texas. Also higher than California.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:51pm On Apr 15, 2021
sonnie10:

God bless the US. It is a great country with lots of opportunities. Anyone that has lived in the US should naturally be loyal and committed to making and keeping it great.

I definitely am committed to it being great.

Yah all keep paying your taxes cause I’m looking forward to collecting my social security (N1.5M per month) plus Medicare grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:25am On Apr 16, 2021
BuildingProject:

That is why am asking if this person multicolour interiordezine has worked for anyone on the forum. She is an interior designer as well.

Or do we have others here that are also vast in the field here?

Present Sir...... Am an Interior Designer
You can reach me on O7O169611OI
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 7:06am On Apr 16, 2021
Good morning... You can live better ... We can serve better, called for plumbing work with affordable price and quality job delivery... No need to worry ... 08162811003 also on WhatsApp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:14am On Apr 16, 2021
diordaves:

Why should I carry out a research on the origin of a Project Manager? What do you think I will learn to help shape my views?

It may or may not. I can see your view of what a PM is on your other comments.....
If it has to do with construction engineering a PM is foremost one who is experienced, knowlegable, technically or otherwise and versatile in the fields of architecture,civil/structural engineering, mechanical engineering,electrical engineering, building technology, land surveying, quantity surveying, land scaping, interior designing,etc,etc...........and not just only limited to that aspect of the view you hold.

That is why he is made the consultant on the project. Some people use the word prime consultant.

So be it your project is #1M or #1B.........you can get the services of a PM as consultant without putting holes in your pocket. It all depends on how you go about it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2021
Another one done with. We move to the next one

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:23am On Apr 16, 2021
Solar panels, mppt & inverters @ discounted prices

260w mono... 40k last
300w mono .. 44k last
350w mono .. 50k last

Era 250w mono .. 41k
Era 280w mono ... 50k
Era 330w mono... 53k
Era 350w mono .. 60k
Era 380w mono... 64k
Era 400w mono ... 68k
Era 440w mono"black" ..74k

*Schneider 1.5kva 24v pure sinewave hybrid inverter. 75600
*Schneider 850va 12v pure sinewave hybrid inverter .. 65000

*GROWATT INVERTERS NOW AVAILABLE!!*

*Growatt 3kva TL (50a mppt) ... 250k
*Growatt 5kva TL (80a mppt).....400k
*Growatt 5kva TL (100a mppt)...430k

*SMK 40a 12/24/36/48v mppt .. 70,000

*Victron SmartSolar 250/100 mppt= N450,000

*Color Control GX = N250,000

*V.E Bus to USB (interface MK3-USB) = N45,000

*Victron Multiplus 48V 5kva Inverter = N800,500

*Victron Battery Monitor BM702 = N85,500

*Victron Quattro 10kva 48 =1,700,000

*Victron Quattro 15kva 48VDC = N2,200,000

Tubular / flooded deep cycle battery maintenance distilled water & electrolytes now available!

Distilled water 1L (12 in pack) ... 5,000
Distilled water 25L (with free gallon) ... 6,500
Electrolyte 25L (Accurate specific gravity) ...8,000

Direct from chemical industrial plant ! Place your orders now !!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

YOU CAN PICK UP IF BASED IN LAGOS OR SIMPLY PLACE YOUR ORDER FOR WAYBILL NOW!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 9:26am On Apr 16, 2021
Please, how many plots of land are in a 150ft x 150ft land size where a plot is taken to be 50ft x 100ft?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2021
Hatesin:
Please, how many plots of land are in a 150ft x 150ft land size where a plot is taken to be 50ft x 100ft?

4.5 plots
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lexyblazy: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2021
olaleye2real:
Good morning... You can live better ... We can serve better, called for plumbing work with affordable price and quality job delivery... No need to worry ... 08162811003 also on WhatsApp

What is estimated workmanship to run the piping of 1 storey building,

downstairs - 3 bedroom flat (3 bath/toilet + 1 visitors toilet)
upstairs - 3 units of 1bedroom flat.

the borehole supply tank is upstairs, and everything should channel into the soakaway and septic tank

surface piping on the outside, conduit piping on the inside.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2021
n3xt:

4.5 plots
Ok. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:06am On Apr 16, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome

Finalizing the 3rd milestone in a bit

Pre-slab work underway.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2021
Good morning. contact us today for your roofing woods, woodwork and materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OBelz(f): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2021
sgtkole:
Agreed. can i contact you?

No
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2021
lexyblazy:

the borehole supply tank is upstairs, and everything should channel into the soakaway and septic tank

My phone number here sir ... 08162811003 ... Let talk on WhatsApp sir..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2021
lexyblazy:

My phone number here sir... 08162811003 .. Let talk on WhatsApp sir ..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:17am On Apr 16, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N16,000
12v 150a.......N12,000
12v 100a.......N8,000
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2021
diordaves:

Let's break it down - part 2

Now for site checker consultant

With reference to your first paragraph; at what point does the independent consultant come in? Before submitting the drawing to the Local Government for approval? If yes; what is your qualification to assure me that you KNOW MORE than the whole team (architect team) because the final conceptualisation went through Mechanical, Structural and Electrical engineers. So for me to engage an independent consultant, you must demonstrate that you know more than these professionals put together.

It is the same situation if the independent consultant comes in after the Local Government approval.

Now the site checker.

In a normal situation, the local authority should be the 'site checker' to make sure you're building according to the building code. If you engaged a tested team of builders with integrity, I do not think you need any consultant. To do what? If you need a consultant to close mark the builders to make sure they use the right mix-ration (for example), you should not be engaging such builders in the first place. They lack integrity.

What assurances do you have that the consultant does have integrity? Where does the checkmate end? Who takes final responsibility? Where does the bulk stop?

Good Point.
Oga! I don't think you need to do part 3 .

Your Points are understandable for the layman

We're still learning noni
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
michlins:
Another one done with. We move to the next one

More Steel work to your collection so now boss try add safety kit and improve the brand, You can start with booth Rocklander range of 4500. safety harness belt the half one, for few workers later full one , helmet in case of Bolt from up Etc

later I will explain some things i see lot of improvement in the bracing from the past 2 job u updated you are getting big now and I will soon be calling you a steel fabricator Boss

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ridwando and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.