Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365240 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChuckKingston(m): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
I hereby appeal to

N3xt, Aventures, RichYoungRuler, Skimanski, Rotecch

Please kindly assist me with a reputable construction firm to do my 6 months I.T as a university undergraduate studying building.

You can reach me privately on chuckkingston5@gmail.com

Thank you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
UC92:
Here you have placed a PM to be a subject matter expert. It may interest you to know you can have a doctor as a PM in a building construction project.

Do you mean a medical doctor....
Only if that doctor is well knowledgeable or have a vast experience in construction projects and have been actively involved in projects of like manner.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
ChuckKingston:
I hereby appeal to

N3xt, Aventures, RichYoungRuler, Skimanski, Rotecch

Please kindly assist me with a reputable construction firm to do my 6 months I.T as a university undergraduate studying building.

You can reach me privately on chuckkingston5@gmail.com

Thank you.

Where are you based?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChuckKingston(m): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2021
n3xt:

Where are you based?
Surulere in Lagos sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
bixton:

Do you mean a medical doctor....
Only if that doctor is well knowledgeable or have a vast experience in construction projects and have been actively involved in projects of like manner.

Not far from truth.

Until recently grin, I used to think everyone putting on a lab coat is a doctor.

Construction Managers (PMs) do more to bring the projects they oversee to success.

They’re involved in project planning, distributing/managing resources, time scheduling/management, risk management, creating benchmarks, managing the budget, managing staff, and managing relationships with different trades involved and even more.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
ChuckKingston:

Surulere in Lagos sir

Let’s do your interview here.

I think I know someone here who might find you very useful on his upcoming project. He’d be working with some of the best guys in the trade in couple of weeks and I can recommend you for placement if you can convince us here.

Tell us a bit about yourself, your experience and why do you think we should consider you?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2021
anitabella:
Quick question

Can parapet be placed on a 6 inch block with all the necessary column to hold it in a building.

This was done on one of my experimental builds late last year.

It's the first time I will try this. On-site.

It's still standing strong.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anitabella: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
KolaShangOne:

This was done on one of my experimental builds late last year.

It's the first time I will try this. On-site.

It's still standing strong.

Wow.. This is fascinating.. Pls Sir @KolaShangone...will like to see the finnish work for the parapet.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChuckKingston(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
n3xt:

Let’s do your interview here.

I think I know someone here who might find you very useful on his upcoming project. He’d be working with some of the best guys in the trade in couple of weeks and I can recommend you for placement if you can convince us here.

Tell us a bit about yourself, your experience and why do you think we should consider you?
Alright sir. Here you go.

Firstly, my choice of this course - building - was greatly influenced by my zealous quest to be not just a major player but to also initiate and drive new innovations in the construction industry at large.

I am usually fascinated by how simple plans on paper are converted to jaw dropping structures on site. My curiosity to know how it's done pushed me to constantly visit the multi-billion mega construction projects (currently handled by Benton Bau after taking over from Quintec) going on in my school to not just feed my eyes but to also learn the practical nitty gritty of all the theories that I've been learning from my seasoned professors and lecturers.

I do not just seek to fulfill all righteousness by hooking up with some random construction firm just to pass time and fill my log book, I desire to be mentored by an experienced construction professional. I desire to learn and be equipped with a grounded orientation of site operations and also the realities of construction practice in the Nigerian terrain that cannot be learnt in the classroom.

For the records sake, I am a little above beginner in the use of AutoCAD and Ms Project software. I am very much open to perfect my skills in it if I get an opportunity.
I am highly adventurous but very cautious too, I am a deep thinker, a fast and willing learner, I also relish thinking out solutions to real life problems.

I look forward to getting a positive response from you sir.

And perhaps I failed to convince you, kindly advice me on what to do to improve myself as I strongly believe that failing is an opportunity for me to become better.

Warm regards.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
[quote author=Adedward post=100892094][/quote] am still expecting to hear from @focusmind and @adedward

They should both present the payment receipt's.

Focusmind gave me N300K

I gave adedward N420k

Focusmind refuse to pick my call since then.

I still call him and adedward on Sunday, 17th April, 2021, same yesterday and today 19th April, they don't pick neither do they return the calls, my question is without a gain, should focusmind not balance me N120K? I gave adedward.

Why is focusmind refuse to pick my calls since last year he received this delivery, after promising to balance me immediately the windows are deliver, while he knows I was sick
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:12am On Apr 20, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:05am On Apr 20, 2021
Focusmind:

Yes, very beautiful. I saw a finished one somewhere when I was passing. Please explain the meaning of the bolded. I equally hate the sight of used engine oil that is normally used to oil the rollers and tracks.
@focusmind oga you are not attending to me you gave me N300k for the windows @adedward deliver to you @N420k, you promise to pay the balance of N120k, till now you refuse to pick my calls or return the calls same for messages i sent to you whatsapp. Since on Sunday I raise this issue you decided to ignore me, and your have been seeing my messages.

You also claim @ibibioson got you arrested, what did you do to him, what was reason for your arrest?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:42am On Apr 20, 2021
n3xt:

Not far from truth.

Until recently grin, I used to think everyone putting on a lab coat is a doctor.

Construction Managers (PMs) do more to bring the projects they oversee to success.

They’re involved in project planning, distributing/managing resources, time scheduling/management, risk management, creating benchmarks, managing the budget, managing staff, and managing relationships with different trades involved and even more.

We just like titles of which some are borne out of selfish interest or from the ignorance of those who work under them.
When I hear doctor, I try to know if it's MD or a PhD.

A project manager who does not have eyes for details is not fit to be called by the name.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:36am On Apr 20, 2021
KolaShangOne:

While there are standards, it's not entirely cast in stone. Instead of the normal 2.1m doors, we made these 2.5m x 0.9m doors on a project last year.

Still made some doors like that on an ongoing build.
Dude! Carrying out welding work on combustible items (wood & paper) is not safe and a receipt for fire outbreak.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:42am On Apr 20, 2021
bixton:

We just like titles of which some are borne out of selfish interest or from the ignorance of those who work under them.
When I hear doctor, I try to know if it's MD or a PhD.

A project manager who does not have eyes for details is not fit to be called by the name.

Title(s) without substance is useless, I only recognise substance!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QueenRaheemah(f): 11:59am On Apr 20, 2021
Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2021
hslbroker2:
@focusmind oga you are not attending to me you gave me N300k for the windows @adedward deliver to you @N420k, you promise to pay the balance of N120k, till now you refuse to pick my calls or return the calls same for messages i sent to you whatsapp. Since on Sunday I raise this issue you decided to ignore me, and your have been seeing my messages.

You also claim @ibibioson got you arrested, what did you do to him, what was reason for your arrest?

I don't know the genesis of this problem, but..

@hslbroker Pls try to fix the broken glass so your money can come out.

@focusmind Please once the glass is fixed, help facilitate payment of the 120,000 for Hsl or whatever you owe him.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
omanzo02:

Dude! Carrying out welding work on combustible items (wood & paper) is not safe and a receipt for fire outbreak.

Great care is taken boss.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibibioson(m): 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
I don't know who focusmind is. I didn't have him arrested. On what ground would have him arrested? Why would I arrest someone that hasn't done anything to me? I have no issue whatsoever with focusmind.

hslbroker2:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by arryjosh(m): 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
Any construction firm in need of a site engineer/site manager could reach me on
arryjosh04@gmail.com.
I am a well trianed builder who participated in alot of construction projects in recent years.
I am readily available, observant with good comunications skills.

Best regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2021
arryjosh:
Any construction firm in need of a site engineer/site manager could reach me on
arryjosh04@gmail.com.
I am a well trianed builder who participated in alot of construction projects in recent years.
I am readily available, observant with good comunications skills.

Best regards

My unsolicited advice.

Participate on here, offer assistance, show us your jobs on your own thread, etc

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2021
KolaShangOne:

I don't know the genesis of this problem, but..

@hslbroker Pls try to fix the broken glass so your money can come out.

@focusmind Please once the glass is fixed, help facilitate payment of the 120,000 for Hsl or whatever you owe him.
I gave the job out to adedward, he had deliver, but focusmind refuse to pay me, refuse to pick my call or return it, and my messages was delivered no reply since last year

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ibibioson:
I don't know who focusmind is. I didn't have him arrested. On what ground would have him arrested? Why would I arrest someone that hasn't done anything to me? I have no issue whatsoever with focusmind.

so he lied to me, no problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Toffsstore: 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2021
Are you looking for where to shop trendy&unique home decor accessories, fluffy throw pillows and wall art ?We are your no 1 plug for that
Let’s turn your fantasy ideas into a living reality.....kindly text or call this number

Please follow my page�thank you.
https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=km832e2firo6&utm_content=2y87shv

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Toffsstore: 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Are you looking for where to shop trendy&unique home decor accessories, fluffy throw pillows and wall art ?We are your no 1 plug for that
Let’s turn your fantasy ideas into a living reality.....kindly text or call this number
/2348168357403

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Toffsstore: 6:40pm On Apr 20, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
[right][/right]good morning, well base your question CDK is the highest quality in Nigeria tile fellow by Royal and Goodwill nylon face

Yes. Royal and Goodwill

Not seen cdk here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2021
michlins:
I believe it's this one in the quote.

For 4 by 4 size with 12mm rod, it's 17,000
Good evening bro, pls I am on tight budget, what do you suggest I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.