Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,310 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4363903 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:19am On Apr 26, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:20am On Apr 26, 2021
Solar Accessory Sales!!!

- Volt DC meter ... 2k
- Chint wall mount programmable timer switch .. 10000
- Watts/Energy monitor meter .. 15000
- DC Surge protector ... 12000
- MC4 connectors ... 1000
- Mc4 Y connector .. 3500
- MC4 3 way connector ..4500
- Pro solar roof mount "takes 4 units of 300/500w panels" .. 35,000
- Auto 63a AC voltage protector ... 15,000
- DC 40/63a breaker ... 7000 , 2 pole ... 10,000
- DC 80 / 100 / 125a 2 pole breaker ... 15,000
- 300w Solar floodlight "3 days working autonomy" .... 35,000
- 200w solar floodlight.. 35,000 "limited stock"
- 250w solar floodlight .. 40,000
- Battery 24v balancer ... 25,000
- Battery 48v balancer ... 35000
- Distilled water 1L × 12 pack ... 5000
- Distilled water 25L jar .... 7000
- Electrolyte 25L jar ........... 8000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 10:34am On Apr 26, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Yes. When voltage drop below a certain level, it could supply to protect your appliances.
Thank you Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:47am On Apr 26, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

This is news. It doesn't work

Well it worked for me because I enforced it and I can show you prove that it actually worked for me.

You can’t have my money for a prepaid meter and still be giving me estimated bills.

Do you think they don’t have meter on ground?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:55am On Apr 26, 2021
n3xt:

Well it worked for me because I enforced it and I can show you prove that it actually worked for me.

You can’t have my money for a prepaid meter and still be giving me estimated bills.

Do you think they don’t have meter on ground?

I am off grid. But sent my parents money to get for themselves they must have said 80k and they still couldn't for over a year. I sent an email from here but no response. So don't know if they have it on ground or not. Sad thing is the cash I sent have all been spent on their 45k monthly bill.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:08am On Apr 26, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

I am off grid. But sent my parents money to get for themselves they must have said 80k and they still couldn't for over a year. I sent an email from here but no response. So don't know if they have it on ground or not. Sad thing is the cash I sent have all been spent on their 45k monthly bill.

They had no intention of giving me meter just as I do not have intention to pay for electricity until my meter is installed.
They hurriedly came to install my meter when a new price was announced for meter purchase in August 2019.

I’m sure my bill per month is not up to 2k. Now you understand why they won’t like to give meter to people.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:09am On Apr 26, 2021
ibietela2:

Hehehehe, now am confused

Don't be confused, POP is my job...... Plastering comes B4 POP

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:27am On Apr 26, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You’re still speaking English to them I think.

You can get a meter. Just talk to the security staff for a hookup. The security man knows the company better than the CEO.

Chai grin this one caught me off guard.... cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:49am On Apr 26, 2021
I need help to transform a boring design for a restaurant and bar/lounge
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
44chux:
I need help to transform a boring design for a restaurant and bar/lounge
Adventures
Skimanski
Richyoungruler
Syder880
N3xt

What exactly do you need sir? A facelift or a complete redesign?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 1:14pm On Apr 26, 2021
190k for average distance. It could be more or a bit less depending on the haulage distance

Chikebrain:
What's the cost of 30 tons(4 in 1 truck) of sharp sand and granite in Benin City as at current

CC Goodfaith
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2021
What's the nature of the building?

mosefin19:
Make una help me my ogas here look at this material we have done foundation already

So to roofing level now this is d quotation am getting

All the price is too much I think
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
edimalo:

sir,
please help if you have an plug in IKEDC getting meter.

Only at IBEDC.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:10pm On Apr 26, 2021
n3xt:

You’re still doing it the Yankee returnee way.

I just paid the marketers and told them I’m not paying any bill until I see my prepaid meter. I got my meter almost a year later and I started paying to the government when the meter was installed.

I didn’t surmount to the pressure to pay any estimated bill after paying for the meter and I made it clear to them that you can’t have my money and cut my supply.
Give me my meter today and I’ll start paying immediately.

Those in government can chose to be stupid. You’re not compelled to take their bullsh*t

It’s working very well for me. More than one way to skin a cat.

Got my meter about a week after I made contact. I didn’t have a kobo until after install and I recharge officially.

We do some stuff similarly in the USA.

As a builder do you want your inspection done next week or next month? Then be friendly with the staff. They’ll never take bribes from you but will remember that your company supports the local high school football team smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2021
I went to Osogbo this weekend and I’m not sure why I’m surprised but they have some very nice modern buildings there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
n3xt:

What exactly do you need sir? A facelift or a complete redesign?
Am open to all options
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:49pm On Apr 26, 2021
44chux:

Am open to all options

Ok. I’ll work on something modern and share by tomorrow

Expect a flat roof though and lots of translucent materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:53pm On Apr 26, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

As a builder do you want your inspection done next week or next month? Then be friendly with the staff. They’ll never take bribes from you but will remember that your company supports the local high school football team smiley

Here we grease their palm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
HYBRID INVERTER FOR SALE!

Durable hybrid inverters with inbuilt 80/100a mppt now available :

- Phocos ... 570k
- SMK ....... 280k
- Axpert ... 300k (350k parallel model)
- Epever... 340k
- A&E ....... 350k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mosefin19(m): 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2021
QSFemi:
What's the nature of the building?

3bedroom bungalow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2021
n3xt:
Information is power

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/bi/politics/osinbajo-fg-orders-no-payment-for-electricity-consumers-without-pre-paid-meters/f278vlf.amp

Not in Yenagoa/Bayelsa State. The PHED operators here needs to be sanctioned by God completely.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2021
n3xt:

Here we grease their palm

The old “Quid Pro Quo” thingie cheesy

“ However, in the United State, bribery of public officials is a criminal act, for both the person offering the bribe, and for the individual who solicits or accepts a bribe.”
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:14pm On Apr 26, 2021
bixton:

Not in Yenagoa/Bayelsa State. The PHED operators here needs to be sanctioned by God completely.

grin grin

I’ve been living in my house since 2013. I was only able to get a meter in 2018.

So PHCN issh is on a national scale.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

The old “Quid Pro Qui” thingie cheesy

“ However, in the United State, bribery of public officials is a criminal act, for both the person offering the bribe, and for the individual who solicits or accepts a bribe.”

The same thing applies here but most times “on paper”

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2021
n3xt:

Ok. I’ll work on something modern and share by tomorrow

Expect a flat roof though and lots of translucent materials.
Thanks baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chikebrain: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2021
QSFemi:
190k for average distance. It could be more or a bit less depending on the haulage distance

Thanks. Do you mean 190k for both or for granite
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jhorjhor: 4:55pm On Apr 26, 2021
Hi Everyone.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
jhorjhor:
Hi Everyone.

Is it possible to construct lintel over door amd window openings without adding reinforcement bars? Just concrete.

You must add reinforcement

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
Interior | From the Flat Roof Geng

Guess which one is 3D rendering

#wecallithouse #bestoflagoshomes #contemporaryliving #duplex #lekki #nexthome #play

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2021
jhorjhor:
Hi Everyone.

Is it possible to construct lintel over door amd window openings without adding reinforcement bars? Just concrete.
The major reason for using reinforcement in openings is to support the load coming on it.
So as to withstand tensile strain and stress.
There are some doors that don't require such, they are taller ones.
If no load is required after the opening, you can improvise.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2021
Pls any suggestions or recommendations for entrance porch design,
the options I keep getting is burnt bricks or marble wall tiles

(1) (2) (3) ... (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.