Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4345595 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) ... (3653) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

All the bolded in quarter plot of land?

NextHome20 (Modern Design Studio) is on 150sqm

It has almost everything listed. cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

But I thought glass was more than expensive than aluminum?
yah in some cases, this kind of windows he posted was consuming more glass Dan aluminum, compared to normal casement windows,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:52am On Apr 28, 2021
Horlardorjah:

that's a huge one there, can't wait to see that.
kudos

There are lots of crazy stuffs happening in Asia. Those guys are demystifying traditional build.

I’ll share.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

To get a decent courtyard I had to use a full plot grin

I’ll come and steal your build grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

You know I’m selling it abi? And for only shikini changi cool

I want to start my duplex so bad but I won’t have two personal houses at the same time.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
Smile
n3xt:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

lovely

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2021
hslbroker2:
lovely

Oya Baba bring buyer nau cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oya Baba bring buyer nau cool

grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2021
Adedward:
yah, I always advice casement for my most of clients, the difference in prices is not much but, the functioning are totally different to sliding,

14k is much oo brother although i kind of get what you saying, if I am faced with 20 windows that's 280k in saving if i go sliding over casement, however i do not believe 280k is really that much in the grand scheme of things, traditional sliding windows are now considered "old school" in a way
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:01pm On Apr 28, 2021
Footstradamus:

14k is much oo brother although i kind of get what you saying, if I am faced with 20 windows that's 280k in saving if i go sliding over casement, however i do not believe 280k is really that much in the grand scheme of things, traditional sliding windows are now considered "old school" in a way

Just check 90% of the building sold at over N100m in Banana Island and see how many of them have casement windows

Sliding is not old school. The way we design our windows is.

________

Pics - These are houses with sliding windows.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yea, imagine using that kind of @n3xt window in a kobo kobo build. You come add burglary join, no be prison be dat..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

Just check 90% of the building sold at over N100m in Banana Island and see how many of them have casement windows

... And lead us not into temptation... And deliver us from [/s]n3xt[s] evil. angry sad

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

________

Did you see any 4x4 windows there? These sliding windows have same airflow with casement windows.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
#AITRoofingProject by Hslbroker2 & Mountmoriah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZZ0_jeWhhk

Coming out nice!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

Did you see any 4x4 windows there? These sliding windows have same airflow with casement windows.

Baba never mind jare. Just do what works for you.

First sliding windows doesn’t have better airflow.
Second, the type of windows will cost more than casement.
Third, casement is more expensive than sliding.
Fourth, did you see 4x4 there?

There’ll always be an excuse not to accept change.

________

My own job is to share the possibilities.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:
#AITRoofingProject by Hslbroker2 & Mountmoriah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZZ0_jeWhhk

Coming out nice!

shots fired. silently
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

________

Food for thought

At the end of the day i guess the deciding factor will be taste seeing as there really isn't that much of a cost difference all things considered. And these days most people just go with what is trending rather than risk doing something new.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2021
Footstradamus:

Food for thought

At the end of the day i guess the deciding factor will be taste seeing as there really isn't that much of a cost difference all things considered. And these days most people just go with what is trending rather than risk doing something new.

The people are really not at fault but our designers/architects who are stucked in their old ways.

That’s exactly what the guys in the upscale development arena are doing different.

Even if I’m building a house in a ghetto, it’s still going to have a modern feel.

_______

Did we miss the extreme makeover done by Omotola Jolade in one old school building like that? I’ll look for images and share the before and after pics.

Make you no vex with me, I’m just comfortable doing the normal stuffs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 1:36pm On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks for verbose response, I appreciate you.

Elders in the forum, please let’s find a solution.

This is nice looking. What's the function of the light behind the television?

Edit: quoted wrong message here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2021
SanniOluwafemi:
For your unique and quality furniture, contact maplewood furniture.
Call/Whatsapp +2348022283035/+2347032186146

Check our trend https://www.nairaland.com/3555646/every-home-deserves-tastefully-furnished

This is nice looking. What's the function of the light behind the television?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

Baba never mind jare. Just do what works for you.

First sliding windows doesn’t have better airflow.
Second, the type of windows will cost more than casement.
Third, casement is more expensive than sliding.
Fourth, did you see 4x4 there?

There’ll always be an excuse not to accept change.

________

My own job is to share the possibilities.
At least I gave reason to back up my claims but you were showing us pictures of houses in lekki.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

At least I gave reason to back up my claims but you were showing us pictures of houses in lekki.

You’re right.

The only difference here is in the mindset. The folks in Lekki too can be designing 4x4 windows.

They chose to do things differently.

Good designs are not location specific. - Brabus

_______

You’re doing great baba! Well done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2021
rotecch77:

Yes it’s ( normal hand turning type) Manual

Ok.

Any cost advantage sir? wink wink
Make I dey look and shadow.
Na kobo kobo project

@N3XT
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

You’re right.

The only difference here is in the mindset. The folks in Lekki too can be designing 4x4 windows.

They chose to do things differently.

_______

You’re doing great baba! Well done.
They are following their lekki bandwagon(mindset) , we are following our kobo kobo bandwagon(mindset). I won't be stressed.
Moreover there are lots of casement window builds in lekki.
I can post pictures too but I no get mb.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

They are following their lekki bandwagon(mindset) , we are following our kobo kobo bandwagon(mindset). I won't be stressed.
Moreover there are lots of casement window builds in lekki.
I can post pictures too but I no get mb.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

grin grin

Be laughing me na. You don't know things are hard.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2021
The things are on high side now, can u imagine u did this windows for nairalander here #32k last 2 year, so if u ready we can give u discount if u want this design, and I have another design dat not up to this and is casement but different burglaries, [quote author=Footstradamus post=101199251]

14k is much oo brother although i kind of get what you saying, if I am faced with 20 windows that's 280k in saving if i go sliding over casement, however i do not believe 280k is really that much in the grand scheme of things, traditional sliding windows are now considered "old school"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

Be laughing me na. You don't know things are hard.

I’m actually not laughing.

I understand the situation around but don’t get intimidated by the big stuffs you see out there.

You can actually achieve something similar on a low budget build.

If you can’t afford EBM or Transom, you can go for grey imported aluminum and achieve almost the same look on a low budget.

_________

Let me give you an example.

Pic 1 - This was supposed to be the look of my office.

Pic 2 - I know the reality didn’t match my dream so I decided to remodel it into something with a modern feel

Pic 3&4 - The difference is in the design. The burglar proof gate and the sliding glass door installed cost almost the same amount as the white door and the window I installed.

Good design is not always about cost. It is in how good a designer is.

______

I know some folk will like the before pics to the after images. This is just for me grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2021
@hamtabfawaz

Pls dm me.

+2348023429 122
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2021
On this issue of windows..

4x4 windows are very boring,.. stopped using them since last year..

Pic: Windows we used few days ago..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) (2165) ... (3653) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gentlesoul83(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.