Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4348557 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2238) (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) ... (3654) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2021
Alochigozie:
what is the current price of cement now
N3200 in the FCT.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

N3200 in the FCT.

Thank God the price is coming down
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by praise010(m): 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
Cement dealers in house

Please how much 2 supply 300 Bags around Ojo, Lagos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
Food for thought on housing in the abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxWgwQuPqm0
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Food for thought on housing in the abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxWgwQuPqm0
Hahaha, welcome aboard. Do anyone ever imagine this is part of abroad lifestyle. These are some of unforeseen things that could happen to anyone aboard. Egun don’t scared people away ooooo.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chikebrain: 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

N3200 in the FCT.
I still bought 4k in benin city today. Please benin residents, how much do you buy cement

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2021
kopell:
Hahaha, welcome aboard. Do anyone ever imagine this is part of abroad lifestyle. These are some of unforeseen things that could happen to anyone aboard. Egun don’t scared people away ooooo.

Scare them away kd? Me that wants them to go there earned work for me so my Social Security Pension will be funded grin

Someone was arguing with me some times ago that Americans are downsizing and houses are not as big as before. They keep building these monstrosities here in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmL2l-bcuUQ

I'm looking forward to working with an Architect that wants to try micro apartments.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2021
LIMITED STOCK

Schneider 1.5kva 24v pure sinewave hybrid inverter. 75600

Schneider 850va 12v pure sinewave hybrid inverter .. 65000

Era 380w mono panel ...... 75,000
Yingli 400w mono panel ... 79,000
Jinko 405w mono panel .... 80,000
Canadian mono 355W ..... 79,000
Canadian mono 435W ...... 100,500
Canadian mono 535W ...... 122,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2021
Chikebrain:
What's the cost of 30 tons(4 in 1 truck) of sharp sand and granite in Benin City as at current

CC Goodfaith

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 7:17pm On Jun 02, 2021
Civilengineer:
with a due respect sir i think u are taking this professionalism thing a bit too far sir. so what u are basically saying is that a hnd holder shouldn't practice what he studied maybe he should go and do money ritual since he doesn't carry that big name tag to his title? bossman u are an engineer i know that but trust me in structures i don't think u can really go head to head with me even as at 5years ago, i have far gone off to a point i now design for California engineers i ve linked with via upwork and quora, u know what that means right, u have to start studying their design codes, seismic design etc have u even gone into those, or should i send u a design i made for an arab engineer some year back. yet i am not coren certified. all that body does is eat money and eat more money, their conferences are filled with old men sleeping all through the conference lol. in the firm i currently work my ceo will never want to loose me, he dares not i dont even go to office often, i handle big contracts for my self too and they dare not owe me a penny at the month end, thats coz im that good but since i dont carry the coren tag should i stop working and go and start doing yahoo yahoo lol since that one needs no proffesionalism? sir i am not saying professionals shoiuldt be recognized but stop that intimidating talks coz its pointless. i know alot of coren engineers that cant do real design other copy and paste design, we both know the drafting is nothing, the calculation sheet is where the bosses are know. i mean real calculation done manually not those automated ones. my conclusion if u can do those then u are an engineer. EOD!

You guys should leave the "Certified" Engineer alone joor. Hoe did a matter of "dont advertise yourself/Qualifications", become 'stop intimidating others"?
It is not a problem that someone is MNSE and COREN and you guys should stop all these display of coded-inferiority complex.
He never said those that are not Certified are not good or should not practice, he is not the one who made the Law that says you must be Certified in your Profession, that is a Govt regulation and he should not be condemned for being Certified.

If you or anyone feel intimidated by his Certifications/Qualification, it is not his problem, all you need to do is to School yourself to achieve same or more.
The Sky is Big Enough for all birds to Fly and tomorrow, your own qualification can be intimidating to another person.
I dont like this idea of people who are less educated, trying to shade someone who is more educated than them, it is nothing but Bile.

BTW: Professional Certification is one of the best way 3rd parties can evaluate and Validate the competence of any Professional, they have it in IT Sector, Accounting, Building, Survey, Medicine and just about any Profession we can think about.
So, if you are not yet Certified in your Profession, you are still not there.
I even imagine how all those Foreign, California and Arab jobs you are claiming, take your job knowing that in California for example, you cant Send your design for approval or build/operate anything significant (apart from your backyard Shed grin ), if you are not 'Certified' in your Profession.
Even the Driver of a Payloader or a Truck, has to do Exams and be Certified, so what is all the noise over INTIMIDATION?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2021
micgray100:

YOUNG ENGINEER, YOU HAVE RAISED SO MANY MANY ISSUES.. I WILL TRY AND ADDRESS THEM AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE..
I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU COMING FROM.. I AM NOT A TYPE THAT CARRY COREN CERTIFICATION ON THE HEAD. SOME INFORMATION ARE JUST HERE FOR VERIFICATION..

I ALSO APPRECIATE YOUR SELF APPRAISAL AS AN HND GRADUATE...I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THAT.. I HAVE MANY COLLEAGUES WITH HND THAT ARE COREN REGISTERED TODAY.. WE ALL WORK TOGETHER.. THE CLOUD IS BIG ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE TO FLY.

ON OTHER ISSUES OF BRAGGING OF UPWORK, QUORA, ARABS... YORUBA SAYS... IGBA TO LOMI NINU KIN PARUWO... MEANING A CALABASH THAT HAS ENOUGH WATER IN IT DONT MAKE NOISE... TIMES SHALL TELL

ON COREN THEMSELVES WITH OLD ENGINEERS YOU SEE AT THE ASSEMBLY SLEEPING... JUST ASSUME THEY ARE RESTING... BECAUSE WHAT AN ELDER SEES SITTING DOWN, A YOUNG SHARP CAN STAND ON MOUNTAIN WITHOUT SEEING IT.. GIVE THEM THEIR RESPECT...

LASTLY... I APPRECIATE YOUR CONTRIBUTION..

APPRECIATES...

Just saw this, and l think you have done Justice to the brouhaha.
Please, carry your Certification for head, you worked hard for it and it is a bragging Rights otherwise, every Tom, Dotun and Haruna wil have got one. undecided

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2021
stanley000:
grin grin grin you call this a design hahahaha, even a tailor won't draw this hahahaha. My suggestion just give him my design and tell him to do just that one for u since baba juju done catvh u to a point u are taking anything he gives u. Don't use my design oh coz if u do, when approval time come and u need one with the title blocks and all mechanical with electrical u will pay more to get it, not to talk of when u will need the cad file. U posted my design and not a single critique. It takes a real quack to put a store just near the living room hahaha

What is there to critique again, in that very useless drawing that everyone here has been saying they would collect from anyone who calls himself an Architect? grin grin Rofl
Abeg, leave matter, that Client has Cursed you for cheating him, it is up to you to deal with it. undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2021
veekid:
Only if there are functioning moderators here like Reddit, this Stanley guy should be put away forever. Oponu agbalagba

Which Agbalaba, just because he claims to be Agbalagba?
He is a useless Swindler and Yahoo Boy
Just read his writings, choice of words and nuances, you will be able to summarise his personality.
He is a Fake Person, through and through.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2021
One4me:

Which Agbalaba, just because he claims to be Agbalagba?
He is a useless Swindler and Yahoo Boy
Just read his writings, choice of words and nuances, you will be able to summarise his personality.
He is a Fake Person, through and through.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
Factors that influence the cost of painting two bedrooms flat

Before you even phone a painter to paint your flat, you should read a post like this to know about the estimated cost of painting the flat. Some of the important factors that will determine the total amount you will spend to have your two-bedroom flat completely painted includes

The cost of paint as per the quantity and quality
The size of each room of the two-bedroom flat
The cost of extra accessories such as any special painting tools
Applied experience of the painter and labour cost
The area where the house is located (houses in urban areas cost more to paint)
Clean up service

GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sconp: 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2021
Civilengineer:
with a due respect sir i think u are taking this professionalism thing a bit too far sir. so what u are basically saying is that a hnd holder shouldn't practice what he studied maybe he should go and do money ritual since he doesn't carry that big name tag to his title? bossman u are an engineer i know that but trust me in structures i don't think u can really go head to head with me even as at 5years ago, i have far gone off to a point i now design for California engineers i ve linked with via upwork and quora, u know what that means right, u have to start studying their design codes, seismic design etc have u even gone into those, or should i send u a design i made for an arab engineer some year back. yet i am not coren certified. all that body does is eat money and eat more money, their conferences are filled with old men sleeping all through the conference lol. in the firm i currently work my ceo will never want to loose me, he dares not i dont even go to office often, i handle big contracts for my self too and they dare not owe me a penny at the month end, thats coz im that good but since i dont carry the coren tag should i stop working and go and start doing yahoo yahoo lol since that one needs no proffesionalism? sir i am not saying professionals shoiuldt be recognized but stop that intimidating talks coz its pointless. i know alot of coren engineers that cant do real design other copy and paste design, we both know the drafting is nothing, the calculation sheet is where the bosses are know. i mean real calculation done manually not those automated ones. my conclusion if u can do those then u are an engineer. EOD!

Dear CivilEngineer,

No one should take any of the above you said seriously.

Yes, there are Nigerian Engineers who have designed for companies abroad but you're not one of them. Those who do are articulate, certified and communicate properly both orally and in writing.
On almost all your post, on Twitter and NL you keep spamming and mentioning architectural drawings, not a single mention of structural drawings since you claim to be an Engineer.

Also, if you were that good, with those years of experience as a structural engineer, you'll have been certified cos it opens bigger doors for you.

You are also the same person as Stanley000 and have another account also, as such one has to be wary and take everything you say with a pinch of salt.

I am putting this out here so no one gets carried away by your shenanigans.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
Pls at what point do internal wall screeding comes?
Before or after floor tiles?

Someone should answer my question oooo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
stanley000:
@Kentucky404 I really don't need to worry about you much coz the only tin giving u guts is because u think because u are in uk then u are untouchable but my people are everywhere and i will deal with u for what you did by putting my full name online but as they say when two elephants fights.... so this guy that u are chatting with who released my full name to u @samoranononi he will explain to u how it all turns out. Lol small bois

stanley000:
about my family? no one online can get a true information on my family that i can promise you but you sharing my full names with that ex convict is the nail on your confin. You won't finish that project or any other one for that matter. I will make sure of that. Take care.

I hope you realise that threatening someone like this, in black and white, can land you in jail, if the person decides to file a complaint.
And God forbid anything bad happens to the person, like kidnappers or assassins, you are in deep Sheeeet!
Some of you just come online to boast, like you are Shekau or UGM grin
You have done enough damage to that your name already, dont ruin it further for your children and generation unborn.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by waley007(m): 12:01am On Jun 03, 2021
pussiboner:

I never asked you for all you are posting. But since you are persistent

Lemme take this opportunity to ask.

In the past 10 years, how many houses have you built from foundation to handing keys over to the owners?
I have been wondering this too , an uncle of mine has a project which I intend conecting next to having been one of the most active members of this forum if not the most active , for like 8 years now , I've never seen one major project he completed , I mean total handing over of keys , if I could see 2 , if I could see just 2(not internet downloaded 3d pictures) , full pictures and details , I will connect him to my uncle , the project is a private university project in ondo state, which will be dream project

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:18am On Jun 03, 2021
One4me:

I hope you realise that threatening someone like this, in black and white, can land you in jail, if the person decides to file a complaint.
And God forbid anything bad happens to the person, like kidnappers or assassins, you are in deep Sheeeet!
Some of you just come online to boast, like you are Shekau or UGM grin
You have done enough damage to that your name already, dont ruin it further for your children and generation unborn.

It’s to be noted that it was due to similar threats that our prospective homeowner made the N20K payment under duress.

We’ll get it right one day in Nigeria. One day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:14am On Jun 03, 2021
Thenext:
Ogas in the house, please like how much is considered a fair price for the bricklayer charge for plastering of 4bedroom duplex(all en-suite) with 2 units of semi detached 3 bedroom flat(all en-suite)here in Lagos.

I really can’t say as this depends largely on many factors but I’d set aside 800k - N1m as labour charge for it.

I pay my guys something within that range.

_____

Edit:

Sorry I’m just seeing the 4 bedroom duplex part. I think you should be prepared to pay more but not more than 1.5m though.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:37am On Jun 03, 2021
Alternative for common and cheap bathroom doors

https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-builder/280

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 3:48am On Jun 03, 2021
n3xt:

I really can’t say as this depends largely on many factors but I’d set aside 800k - N1m as labour charge for it.

I pay my guys something within that range.

_____

Edit:

Sorry I’m just seeing the 4 bedroom duplex part. I think you should be prepared to pay more but not more than 1.5m though.
Your workmen must be big guys.
I think 600-700k can comfortably do the job.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:31am On Jun 03, 2021
UC92:

That’ll be a very good bargain. If you have guys who charge so low, please feel free to share their contact here.

You never know who might be interested.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:07am On Jun 03, 2021
sonnie10:

That clause is in almost all the states Cof O not just your place. But my question is, can you give one instance of where land has ever been returned to the original owners after the 77 years lease?

Errrm we are not on the same page.

Acquisition land is different from family land. If you have any property on it, you won't even get a C of O.

And you will definitely not get compensation from government in the event of a repossession.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:13am On Jun 03, 2021
Stone Coated Price Update

Whatsapp 08085310359 for more Enquires

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:34am On Jun 03, 2021
UC92:

600k? For a 4 bed duplex and also a 2 units of 3 bedroom?

Quite impossible. Although, in construction, nothing is impossible.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:34am On Jun 03, 2021
n3xt:
Alternative for common and cheap bathroom doors

https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-builder/280
this is the prevailing choice of bathroom doors around here.

I advise my customers to choose it over any other option. Less than 20k last time I checked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:42am On Jun 03, 2021
Thenext:
Ogas in the house, please like how much is considered a fair price for the bricklayer charge for plastering of 4bedroom duplex(all en-suite) with 2 units of semi detached 3 bedroom flat(all en-suite)here in Lagos.
CC n3xt, Kolashangone, Spyder880, Egunmogaji etc

Alot of factors are involved though. Size of buildings, the "quantity of walls", quantity of concrete to chisel etc..

For this job, any competent work man will charge at least 1 million. Most likely more than that.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:09am On Jun 03, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Errrm we are not on the same page.

Acquisition land is different from family land. If you have any property on it, you won't even get a C of O.

And you will definitely not get compensation from government in the event of a repossession.
I can never put down a penny for any land that I cannot get the C of O.
Moreover, what exactly would hinder the C of O if one decides to apply?
The only reason is if those lands already have one . If there are under a different acquisition other than the original seller ( in that case, the buyer saw trouble and purposely entered)
Thirdly if during gazette someone raised an objection.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2238) (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) ... (3654) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.