Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365466 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2253) (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2021
Good afternoon senior men,

Please I am a newbie in housing project, currently on the roofing stage (2bedroom bungalow)

Please I would like to know the best (mm) of ghana zinc to buy.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2021
MrDraey:

Please I am a newbie in housing project, currently on the roofing stage (2bedroom bungalow)

Thanks

Congratulations on your build.

@Money121 but not sure if he swims in that specific pool but he may be able to convince you of an affordable upgrade.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
New arrival Spanish tiles
Blessedsunny2 showroom?
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

I am confuse
Is this you

Cos I have known this person for sometime now
And you guys name looks a bit different
I mean business name

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
Greenarrow01:

I am confuse
Is this you

Cos I have known this person for sometime now
And you guys name looks a bit different
I mean business name
Is not me, it maybe conlet from my status or from my brother
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
Blessedsunny2:

Is not me it maybe conlet from my status or from my brother
Okay ooo
That is Instagram sha

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2021
Cement is still at #3,500 in Port Harcourt.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kemight15: 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2021
What's cement price in Lagos, ikorodu to be precise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2021
lastpage:

How are you sir, its been quite awhile.
I have "retired" from the usual frontal posting on NL, l just read and pass-by most times now. grin grin
It is my good friend @gbadexy that drew me out.

I think the pages can do with less of my crayons grin grin

Hope you are doing good Sir?

Cheers.

Lastpage
I am fine jare, since the advent of the pandemic last year, my workload has been increased and greater responsibility put on my shoulders but it is all good, I miss your crayons and wealth of knowledge on here, good to read that you are doing well, stay safe and have a fantastic day cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by barakah(m): 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
Amastermovic:

Sorry about that the image u published does not give in depth of what could be wrong or what kind of collapse..

During this down pour do you notice wind in action?

Do you have cracks on this wall before they collapse?

Whenever the collapse occur does it get to the foundation part ?

Do you usually repair the collapse and rebuild from there or from scratch?

Where's your compound water channel to or do we have it pond at the back?

Is there adjoining properties behind the 120 fence ?

Describe the soil in a clearer terms?

The collapse occur at a specific segment all the time or any stretch of the 120ft

Show a clearer picture of the fence standing with the collapse part..

My consign is not identifying this only but your build wall also should be observe careful with this with the kind of pillar and casting on the fence..

There was a slight tilt noticed this last time and a crack or two.
There was heavy wind when the collapse occurred and on all occasions, the fence fell in same direction, towards the property behind the 120 fence.
The fence was rebuilt from the scratch when the collapse occurred.
The soil is sandy but it was thoroughly dug.
I plan to start the foundation with an inverted tee beam this time then continue with block work.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
If a doctor makes a mistake a patient dies. If an architect makes a mistake many may die.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OAKGroup(m): 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
If a doctor makes a mistake a patient dies. If an architect makes a mistake many may die.
Exactly sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2021
temi4fash:

How much is the stamp duty

As it affects RENTS and LEASE AGREEMENTS, it will depend on the TENURE of such Agreement.

Please see attached Page-snap from FIRS website

Lastpage!

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

I just love the coloured words,reminds me of medical school.You just need those crayons to highlight points inthe text books.
I have learnt alot from all your posts..Knowledge is power! #FeelingLearned.

Thank you Sir, we are all Learners and that is the main purpose of this thread.
You now Something?, You Share Something ..... with others.
If the Crayola helps to highlight a point, all well and good.

Happy Weekend Sir.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
dapotemi:
Wow so so revealing and many thanks to lastpage and all other beautiful contributors... My own case is quite a dilemma... I have stays in a rented apartment for about 5 years now, and you know what, like lastpage said, I paid for agreement, agency fee, caution fee but I did not get a single document... In fact, since have been paying rent (Tru bank transfers of course), my landlord/agent just acknowledge with a text message and that is it.. He's not disturbing me, and am not disturbing him, we are cool... I have never received a single receipt for all payment, neither did I get any document termed agreement. I have never been worried, seems I am now.. I pay a little above a mil.. What do you think lastpage and all other contributor pls?

Okay, I will be very blunt with you.

I look at issues from the "immediate effect" and the "Long term Effect" and try to do a SWOT analysis of both, so l can take the best decision.

Either way, Men would Die - Fredrick Forsythe (The Devil's Alternative). grin

In the Short term, like others have said, since he does not disturb you and you have no issues with what goes on, Let it Slide.
Just make sure you work on having your own House, if it is just land, BUY NOW, that "bush" would have opened up to a Village or Town by now, if you bought it five years ago.... and the Price would be cheaper.
Its never too late to start. Start now.

In the Long Term, getting a Written, Signed and Dutied Agreement in matters of "Contract", is very germane.
Since you pay by bank Transfers and he acknowledges by Text, please ensure you keep records of both the Bank Transaction and the Acknowledgement text
Now, let me say this openly: My Post is not to incite a Tenant against their Landlords or vice versa, l have many, many Lessors (otherwise tenants) myself so it will not be to my advantage to do so but when we discuss a matter here, it should not matter how it affects us personally, all information should be provided and done openly.

As things stand now, in LAW, you can prove you are a "sitting, bonafide tenant" in that House, when things turn sour (I hope it doesn't and never does, but it is still not your house, if you get what l mean undecided ).
Worst case scenario, it is your Landlord who needs to Prove he gave you Conditions and Terms of Rent Contract, it is also his responsibility to collect Stamp Duty from you and remit to Govt, he has not asked and you have not refused to pay (You are not at fault).

So, just relax.
But in some workplaces, they need to see your Rent Agreement/Contract as Proof of Address, in some Embassy Transactions, you also need to forward your Rent Contract Agreement.
So, if you ever fall into such category or you need the "Agreement in Writing", all you need to do is tell your landlord that your Office wants to arrange a foreign Training for you and the Embassy is requiring your Rent Agreement, as Proof of Address, so can he oblige you with one. grin grin undecided I am sure he will quickly Print one for you..
Cunny-Man-die, Cunny-Man bury-am grin

I dont see why a Landlord who collected Money for Rent Agreement from a Tenant, will refuse to give same to his Tenant, it is UNFAIR, all Landlords were one tenant and most Tenants will become a Landlord, one day.
I do unto others, as l expect them to do unto me.

*** I dont know the "demeanor" of your Landlord, the nice guy who will do what is right if asked to do so or the dodgy type who will get annoyed and start animosity, if asked to do something like that. Use your Judgement on this (You know him more than any of us here), if you dont need it, just let it slide but know that if you also wait and not collect it now and things go sour between the two of you, it will not be a good time to ask for it, as he would read meanings into it. ****

Cheers,

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
Goodevening sir @Lastpage some pages back you promised to do a review of the BIODIGESTER. Pls sir i would be glad if you can help with this.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2021
MrDraey:

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:38am On Jun 13, 2021
dongc:
Experts ,contibutors and people in high places...please help out if you can...
Thanks in advance...
Are these quotations in order ? Asking for a friend....
Una well done oooo
I am not an engineer but I am giving you this quote from experience in the area of supplies of building materials.
3tons of 12mm
1ton of 16mm
1/2ton of 10mm
150bags of Cement
40tons of Granite
45tons of Stonedust or Sharp Sand
2bundle Binding wire

Ignore the 1/4rod & 8mm use 10mm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Homextras: 2:40am On Jun 13, 2021
If you were to build for resale, which would you consider between four 2/3 bedroom flats or 2 semi detached duplex on 300sqm of land.
Factors- which is ‘cheaper to build’ and which would yield more returns once completed.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:01am On Jun 13, 2021
Mup4life:
Goodevening sir @Lastpage
some pages back you promised to do a review of the BIODIGESTER. Pls sir i would be glad if you can help with this.

You are right Sir, l said l will do so around July/Aug/Sept or so, last year but certain events developed that required my Time and l left it half-way done. Apologies, MyBad!
What l have in mind is a DIY, Step-by-Step explanation, highlighting pitfalls and how to make it work for the individual.
I was also looking for a way to embed Videos into it but l have not been able to get around that.
Since you are reminding me, l will pick it up again and finish it, for post.
Keep your fingers crossed. undecided

Cheers,

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OAKGroup(m): 6:39am On Jun 13, 2021
Happy Sunday To All And Sundry. May the week be fruitful to us all.

OAK Group is at your service for superb architectural designs and building constructional works.
We supervise building construction too.
+2348108408732
Oakgroupdesigns@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:05am On Jun 13, 2021
Homextras:
If you were to build for resale, which would you consider between four 2/3 bedroom flats or 2 semi detached duplex on 300sqm of land.
Factors- which is ‘cheaper to build’ and which would yield more returns once completed.
2semi detached your best option.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 7:13am On Jun 13, 2021
lastpage:

You are right Sir, l said l will do so around July/Aug/Sept or so, last year but certain events developed that required my Time and l left it half-way done. Apologies, MyBad!
What l have in mind is a DIY, Step-by-Step explanation, highlighting pitfalls and how to make it work for the individual.
I was also looking for a way to embed Videos into it but l have not been able to get around that.
Since you are reminding me, l will pick it up again and finish it, for post.
Keep your fingers crossed. undecided

Cheers,

Lastpage!
Thnk you sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:47am On Jun 13, 2021
Homextras:

Location, Location, Location.

How's the location like and who is your target audience? What's the current trend in the location? Bungalow or duplexes?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 7:50am On Jun 13, 2021
Good day engineers, please which submissive 1hp pumping that’s durable can you recommend and cost too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:04am On Jun 13, 2021
Homextras:

Semi detached duplex is the best for ROI
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 8:53am On Jun 13, 2021
I thank God. Plaster don finish o.

Ceiling works be the next phase.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:02am On Jun 13, 2021
Muyi002:
I thank God. Plaster don finish o.

Ceiling works be the next phase.

My pop ceiling area is 188 sqms... So far ive used 44 bags... All done remaining sitting room and veranda. I paid 900 for labour

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2021
Jasobry:

My pop ceiling area is 188 sqms... So far ive used 44 bags... All done remaining sitting room and veranda. I paid 900 for labour

How much is POP bags now and your location? what about the cost of sponge and other expenses.

kindly share, it may be of help.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:24am On Jun 13, 2021
Muyi002:

How much is POP bags now and your location? what about the cost of sponge and other expenses.

kindly share, it may be of help.

Abs=5400
Az=5300
Purity 5200
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:29am On Jun 13, 2021
Jasobry:

Abs=5400
Az=5300
Purity 5200

Please builders/POP experts in the house, could you assist with the number of items per sqm for
1. Bags of POP cement
2. Kg of Sponge
3. any other material.

It will assist in the next phase of my project o. Total Sqm is 203 for my project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2021
Muyi002:

Please builders/POP experts in the house, could you assist with the number of items per sqm for
1. Bags of POP cement
2. Kg of Sponge
3. any other material.

It will assist in the next phase of my project o. Total Sqm is 203 for my project

I'm not an expert but be very sure of that measurements. Some gave me 213/220

While others were within the same range

(1) (2) (3) ... (2253) (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.