Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4353556 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) ... (3657) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:06am On Jun 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oga mi, in your opinion, is the finished product easily transportable and can be manufactured offsite?

I truly detest the mess that POP guys create onsite.

cheesy Baba it's not our fault oh.... grin

The only way to avoid such mess, is the option of Plaster Ready made Boards.

Although I wouldn't advice you to use that, cause it's expensive, & POP is definitely stronger than it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I continue to find this to be ridiculous. Why can’t they invest in aluminum scaffolding? It’s akin to masons telling clients to provide poun poun and shobiri.

But this is Nigeria, up is down, left is right cool

Hmm! Baba you just raised a good point.

I would take this as a great advice to enlarge my Empire.

Good idea but Na money kill am.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 11:16am On Jun 13, 2021
Muyi002:

Please builders/POP experts in the house, could you assist with the number of items per sqm for
1. Bags of POP cement
2. Kg of Sponge
3. any other material.

It will assist in the next phase of my project o. Total Sqm is 203 for my project
Mine is 230sqm, I’d like to know the quantity of materials I’d be buying because the quantity listed by these pop guys is threatening lol
How much is charged per square meter in Benin city?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 11:37am On Jun 13, 2021
DancingSkeleton:
Mine is 230sqm, I’d like to know the quantity of materials I’d be buying because the quantity listed by these pop guys is threatening lol
How much is charged per square meter in Benin city?

My advice is just buy the materials as they work... They will always give you excess quote.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 11:39am On Jun 13, 2021
Its an ongoing project. ..thank you
EgunMogaji2:

Please these two pictures shows horrid workmanship and shouldn’t be used to showcase your work.

I come in peace.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 11:49am On Jun 13, 2021
Jasobry:

My advice is just buy the materials as they work... They will always give you excess quote.
ok thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
topsy23:

Is it using access control? I saw a cat 6 cable dangling
Good day engineer, please which submissive 1hp pumping that’s durable can you recommend and cost too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jasobry:

They dissolve the soap inside the Oil..then use it on the Glass or board to get a smooth surface and avoid sticking

Thanks a lot. We learn everyday.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

The Soap & oil: they're mixed together to help the casting Process.

Casting: is the process of creating Pop boards using fillers & water.

The mixture of soap & oil: is poured on the casting board/glass for easy removal of the casted pop when it dries off.

Thanks. I've never bordered with the nitty gritty. I just contract per square meters and only come back for inspection after the job is done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
diordaves:

Thanks. I've never bordered with the nitty gritty. I just contract per square meters and only come back for inspection after the job is done.

You're welcome.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
spyder880:

The process in pictures, the vegetable oil and the soap are first sprayed on the surface of the board before addition of the fillax and then the dissolved POP cement is spread and allowed to solidify, then the hardened board is then extracted as a white board.

Education. But are there no anti stick spray and release agent in Nigeria? Anti stick spray could be cheaper, faster and more effecient.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Or as pictured but my hand no dey o. Make God no let us register for Igbobi grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
diordaves:

Education. But are there no anti stick spray and release agent in Nigeria? Anti stick spray could be cheaper, faster and more effecient.

Look Oga, stop making sense. Na so we dey do am here grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
[/color]
diordaves:

Yes there is!

That's what most established POP artisans use here inthe FCT.

There services are top notch...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
spyder880:

The process in pictures, the vegetable oil and the soap are first sprayed on the surface of the board before addition of the fillax and then the dissolved POP cement is spread and allowed to solidify, then the hardened board is then extracted as a white board.
4 this purpose would plaster board not do the job? or is this cost-effective than that?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
erico2k2:

4 this purpose would plaster board not do the job? or is this cost-effective than that?
plaster board more expensive
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
bolu1986:
plaster board more expensive
noted,have you seen them asbestos which are moulded like POP designs to do ceilings?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
erico2k2:

It's the cost boss.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Homextras: 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
Chekitaut:
2semi detached your best option.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excel70: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
If a doctor makes a mistake a patient dies. If an architect makes a mistake many may die.

No .. structural engineer

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
Excel70:

No .. structural engineer

For you maybe. For me Architect as I typed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
Laudbtc:

Good day engineer, please which submissive 1hp pumping that’s durable can you recommend and cost too

Dab, interdab, myhome etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2021

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2021

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2021

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

To be honest, some of these things are not that so very much expensive. Just source and buy wisely. One needs the purpose of mind to invest in one's business and grow the business. Any meaningful POP business should have a multi purpose ladder/scaffold.

Nigerian workmen and women are notorious in not investing back into their businesses. So you meet a relatively successful POP installer, for years, they are still at the same rudimentary level. Little growth. Not a single tool or equipment of the trade own.

But I must say, people like @Next dey try small sha, despite it all. If you are a tradesperson, there is nothing like investing in ancillary trade equipment. If you have a job or quoting for a job, you give your client options to hire at a competitive rate from you or they provide or quote at a certain rate per sqm and offer scaffold "free". And you can also do equipment hire as another channel of income when things dry with POP.

No be only one road enter market.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
hslbroker2:
I sell hardwood

2x2@N400

2x3@N500

2x4@N600

3x4@N1, 000

2x6@N1, 200

1x12@N2, 000

Call 0-7-0-6-2-3-2-9-5-0-5 or WhatsApp for more
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
BiigTee:
Rotech77 In January was contracted by me to deck my duplex at Ogun state. The building was fully built up to the decking stage.. So his contract basically entailed decking and the continuation of the building..

He finished decking my very simple decking in Feb.. And that is the beginning of my unfortunate tale. After the decking was cast.. I went over to the site the next day only to realise the extent of the rubbish that was done....I would be posting a few pictures to bring to light what I am talking g about.

rotech77 your attention is needed here ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) ... (3657) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Olumighty123(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.