Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4361058 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) ... (3660) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 2:56am On Jun 15, 2021
n3xt:

Experience has shaped us over the years.

With my clients knowledge, I once delegated a project to an engineer recommended by my client’s folk and he messed up badly but I get to bear the brunt.

Today, I personally supervise all my builds. I hardly miss a day on my site because I don’t take on more than one project at a time and I’ve learnt to set up boundaries/limit

Smart lesson!!.

We all have to learn to live to fight another day.

Do what you can, and do it right.. tomorrow is another day ... it's not always about the quantity but the quality and your peace of mind.

Thanks for bringing that up.. I hope others will learn from it.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:09am On Jun 15, 2021
@smallsmall

You don’t want to know the role I play behind the scene here.

You really don’t want to know.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:18am On Jun 15, 2021
Badgers14:

Smart lesson!!.

We all have to learn to live to fight another day.

Do what you can, and do it right.. tomorrow is another day ... it's not always about the quantity but the quality and your peace of mind.

Thanks for bringing that up.. I hope others will learn from it.

This is a big lesson for all!

Know your limit. Set boundaries. Grow through what you go through.

Praise singers will push many into problem. This is coming from a man with wealth of experience of how things work here.

When they’re done with you, they’ll subtly move to another rave of the moment. cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:20am On Jun 15, 2021
smallsmall:

This is really nice and Proactive, how l wish the Contractor can borrow from this and provide Lighting for themselves, incase their work, especially that of Pouring Concrete, will extend into the night.
And who says Workers cant even work overnight, if there is proper lighting? undecided

Welldone bro.

My guys are working as I type.

They’re not casting. They’re Sandfilling and digging new foundation.

This is what happens when the client/contractor relationship ain’t that of boss and servant.
The relationship always come with mutual benefits.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:38am On Jun 15, 2021
Plastering Stage of our current project.

Follow us up here...
https://www.nairaland.com/5955403/new-4-bedroom-duplex-swimming
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:39am On Jun 15, 2021
Plastering with a difference.

Follow us up here...
https://www.nairaland.com/5955403/new-4-bedroom-duplex-swimming

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:31am On Jun 15, 2021
n3xt:

With my clients knowledge, I once delegated a project to an engineer recommended by my client’s folk and he messed up badly but I get to bear the brunt.

Today, I personally supervise all my builds. I hardly miss a day on my site because I don’t take on more than one project at a time and I’ve learnt to set up boundaries/limit.

Hmm interesting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:41am On Jun 15, 2021
n3xt:

Today, I personally supervise all my builds. I hardly miss a day on my site because I don’t take on more than one project at a time and I’ve learnt to set up boundaries/limit.

boss i though you have a project in lekki? and also in ibadan and maybe somewhere else... how do you coordinate both at the same time

i want to learn...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:44am On Jun 15, 2021
BiigTee:

Corrections are being made as we speak.. Thank you for ur observation!

Good one.

Please don’t forget to engage an independent investigator to ascertain the integrity of the structure because your finished floor in the area where 10 inches slab was added might end up getting to almost 20 inches.

Old slab - 6 inches
New slab - 10 inches
Floor screed (prior to tiling) - 2 inches
Tiles - 0.5 inch

You need to be sure your columns can support the imposed load or there’ll be need for supplemental columns.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:05am On Jun 15, 2021
n3xt:

This is a strategy of a one-man-band. They don't grow. There is nothing wrong to take jobs from Cape to Cairo. It is the right thing to do. You take all trade that comes through your door and schedule your time. Time management. It is not limiting yourself (local champion) but building internal capacity in your business that ensures quality job delivery at all times and situations.

People, please invest back into your business as profit comes in and build capacity. Build internal system management and then engage and train people (staff, apprentice, contract staff) in the way of the business and they can execute jobs effectively from Cape to Cairo. This is not going to the nearest junction to pick one mallam to come and take level for decking.

The one-man-band approach is the biggest reason businesses fail and where they don't fail, they don't grow. This one-man-band approach is also the major reason we don't have any successful indigenous business in Nigeria that is over a hundred years old. Imagine something happens to your enemy today, your business is gone, and what about your client(s) with outstanding work? They will obviously suffer a loss too.

Mr Julius Berger is not at each and every site all over the world. And you CAN be Julius Berger................ I dare you to call me "Awon motivational speaker".

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2021
bolu1986:

boss i though you have a project in lekki? and also in ibadan and maybe somewhere else... how do you coordinate both at the same time

i want to learn...

Good question here.

I’m actually not on both project at the same time.

Here’s the timeline of event:

XL6 Trillion
Start: March 2021
Substantial Completion: May 2021

Due to few changes which includes but not limited to changing the roof construction from wood to steel, the project is running into the month of June.

We had to wait almost 4 weeks for the subcontractor handling the installation of the roof trusses.

Those delays falls into excusable delays in NextHome contract because we can easily deliver roofing woodwork for the same structure within a day without the need to extend the completion date.

The Nonuplets (Phase 1)
Start Date: 23rd May 2021
Substantial Completion: August 2021

I’m currently on this project at the moment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:22am On Jun 15, 2021
diordaves:

This is a strategy of a one-man-band. They don't grow. There is nothing wrong to take jobs from Cape to Cairo. It is the right thing to do. You take all trade that comes through your door and schedule your time. Time management. It is not limiting yourself (local champion) but building internal capacity in your business that ensures quality job delivery at all times and situations.

People, please invest back into your business as profit comes in and build capacity. Build internal system management and then engage and train people (staff, apprentice, contract staff) in the way of the business and they can execute jobs effectively from Cape to Cairo. This is not going to the nearest junction to pick one mallam to come and take level for decking.

The one-man-band approach is the biggest reason businesses fail and where they don't fail, they don't grow. This one-man-band approach is also the major reason we don't have any successful indigenous business in Nigeria that is over a hundred years old. Imagine something happens to your enemy today, your business is gone, and what about your client(s) with outstanding work? They will obviously suffer a loss too.

Mr Julius Berger is not at each and every site all over the world. And you CAN be Julius Berger................ I dare you to call me "Awon motivational speaker".

Go and be Julius Berger.

I’m in a niche business and I understand what works for me. Not what work for Julius Berger.

In 2015, I wrote and I’d quote again for those who are slow readers:

This is because the key to NextHomes' business model's success is in the attention to the details, creative outsourcing and collaboration. However, can I guarantee the same level of quality if a client's job is delegated? No! One person cannot possibly generate the amount of bandwidth the NextHome business model requires – I need help to serve all your needs.

Until I'm able to replicate as many Brabus as NextHome requires, our services will be limited to only clients within 3 - 5km radius of our Lekki Office.

However, if time-to-deliver is not of essence, then we game grin Otherwise, I'll simply let this pass!

Saying NO is never easy, but it is necessary at this moment as we are trying to maintain a high level of quality in all of our engagements. Saying YES to a client, and then doing a bad job due to lack of interest or time, is much, much worse in the long run than just saying NO.

There are more than one way to skin a cat.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2021
n3xt:

Good question here.

I’m actually not on both project at the same time.

Here’s the timeline of event:

XL6 Trillion
Start: March 2021
Substantial Completion: May 2021

Due to few changes which includes but not limited to changing the roof construction from wood to steel, the project is running into the month of June.

We had to wait almost 4 weeks for the subcontractor handling the installation of the roof trusses.

Those delays falls into excusable delays in NextHome contract because we can easily deliver roofing woodwork for the same structure within a day without the need to extend the completion date.

The Nonuplets (Phase 1)
Start Date: 23rd May 2021
Substantial Completion: August 2021

I’m currently on this project at the moment.

angry

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:27am On Jun 15, 2021
JB didn’t start by getting on numerous project.

They build systems, establish processes, invest in tools, machineries and capacity building to undertake almost any project size.

I think you missed that part and that’s where I am at the moment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OAKGroup(m): 9:29am On Jun 15, 2021
smallsmall:

There is actually an established, scientific Formula for design Staircases, based on their Length and Height, to determine the Risers.
Builders need to use it.

The Half landing takes off the Leg Stres, Save Space and is pleasing .
to the eyes
Accidents may happen if a Staircase is not well designed because anyone may fall when walking on it.
Yeah.
Maybe the structure in question wasn't designed by an architect.
Climbing a staircase is stressful, and inadequate design of some particular components in a building could make such house boring to live in.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:54am On Jun 15, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N17,000
12v 150a.......N12,500
12v 100a.......N8,500
2v 500a ......N6,000

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:55am On Jun 15, 2021
HURRY!! GET YOURS NOW !!!

SCHNEIDER 1.5KVA 24V (1000w solar input) pure sine wave inverter ..... 80,000

SOROTEC 3KVA TLREVO VMII 3KW 24V - 100A MPPT ... 230,000

SOROTEC 5.5KVA TLREVO VMII 5.5KW - 48V - 100A MPPT .... 260,000 "expecting"

SOROTEC 5.5KVA TL PREVO VMII 5.5KW - 48V - 100A MPPT (PARALLEL) ...280,000

SOROTEC WIFI MODULE
WIFI MONITORING ROD ... 28,000

German Phocos 5kw 48v - 80A MPPT .... 500,000 PROMO

Axpert 3kw -24V - 40A MPPT ... 180,000

VOLTRONIC 3KVA - VM - TL
AXPERT VM 3000 - 24V - 1500W MPPT 60A ... 215,000

VOLTRONIC 5KVA - VM - TL
AXPERT VM 5000 - 48V - 3000W MPPT 60A ... 300,000

VOLTRONIC 5KVA - VM III - TL
AXPERT VM III 5000 - 48V - 5000W MPPT 80A ... 330,000

VOLTRONIC 5KVA - MKS - TL
AXPERT MKS 5000 - 48V - 4000W MPPT 80A ... 370,000

VOLTRONIC 5KVA - MKS III - TL ( Axpert King )
AXPERT MKS III 5000 - 48V - 4000W MPPT 80A ... 395,000

VOLTRONIC 7.2KVA - MAX - TL
AXPERT Max 7200 - 48V (P) - 8000W MPPT 80A .... 500,000

VOLTRONIC WIFI MODULE
WIFI CONNECTIVITY MODULE ...... 29,000

VOLTRONIC PARALLEL KIT
PARALLEL CONNECTION KIT .... 30,000

GROWATT 3KVA TL KVA 24V HV3M-50A MPPT .. 240,000

GROWATT 5KVA TL5KVA 48V HVM-P-80A MPPT .. 370,000

GROWATT 5KVA TL5KVA 48V HVM WPV P-100A MPPT ... 385,000

GROWATT 6KVA T6KVA 48V HVM TRANS -80A MPPT ... Out of stock

GROWATT 8KVA T8KVA 48V HVM TRANS -120A MPPT ... Out of stock

GROWATT 10KVA T10KVA 48V HVM TRANS -120A MPPT .. Out of stock

GROWATT 12KVA T12KVA 48V HVM TRANS -120A MPPT ... out of stock

EPEVER 5KVA 5KVA 48V 80A MPPT PV200V ... 350,000

USA TROJAN 12v 205A battery .... 195,000 "expecting"

USA TROJAN 12v 170a Flooded battery ... 110,000

Ritar 200AH 12V Battery .. 130,000

BATTERY BALANCER 48V .... 35,000

BATTERY DESULFATOR/REJUVENATOR REJUVENATOR 12V, 24V, 36V, 60V, 72V ... 35,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: https:///2348170385620

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:23am On Jun 15, 2021
New arrival Spanish tiles
Blessedsunny2
Metewood available 60by60 here
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 10:45am On Jun 15, 2021
Clement/Next. WOODWORK. 100% Completed.

Mountmorah. ROOFING. 100% Completed.

Michlins. TANK STAND. 100% Completed.

Money121. RAIN GUTTERS. 100% Completed.

RockOfAgesAlumi. ALUMINUM PROFILE /HAND RAILS. 90% Completed.

Hamtabfawaz. POP INSTALLATION. LOADING...........

Who else remain. Fonyeri.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:47am On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

Thanks boss for this great opportunity kiss kiss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:59am On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

appreciate the opportunity. We hope to do more business in the future
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

Pop oh sorry it has been taken
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by arixona: 11:04am On Jun 15, 2021
You can get a purely bred German shepherd from 80000naira to 200000naira
smallsmall:

How much for a Male Puppy Alsatian?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:05am On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

Electrical? We are here sir

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire

Am glad all your team came from this circle..thanks for your trust sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:06am On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

Glad they all made you proud.

You’re such a wonderful client. Thanks for you maturity and understanding at all times.

More wins.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2021
BuildingProject:

Mountmoriah. ROOFING. 100% Completed.

Thank you so much big boss , God bless you exceedingly abundantly in Jesus name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by arixona: 11:32am On Jun 15, 2021
Purely bred German shepherd ranges from 80000naira to 250000( for slant backs)attached is a picture of what pure breed means
smallsmall:

How much for a Male Puppy Alsatian?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
I guess dog mating picture belongs here too since it’s home security.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2021
OAKGroup:

Yeah.
Maybe the structure in question wasn't designed by an architect.
Climbing a staircase is stressful, and inadequate design of some particular components in a building could make such house boring to live in.

No, it couldn't have been designed by a vegetable seller in the market but by one of the "professional we design and build company of Nig. Ltd" who must have deceived the client with a copied 3D perspectives of a particular house that he cannot sketch, define or defend it's floor plan let alone the structural components. Once you pay them, the trial and error game takes off...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2021
twinskenny:

Electrical? We are here sir

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire

Am glad all your team came from this circle..thanks for your trust sir

I think when we get to cctv and electric fence. Have you used anything like Sensibo?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2262) (2263) (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) ... (3660) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: topsy23, KEVIND, huzzman, joetoocute, ikuku(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.