Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365467 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:29am On Jun 19, 2021
kopell:
Some times is better to read and move on. Many people don't understand how this things work. Imagine talking of 20m, as hard as it is in Lagos 20m can buy land and build average 3 bedroom in average neighborhood mortgage free for life

Correct. A 3 Bedroom can be done with 20m with good finish. But that's gonna be a Bungalow not Duplex... If it's to be Duplex, choose of finishing materials would be very key to fit in to the budget.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:35am On Jun 19, 2021
Person2person:

We can give you our HDF door with lock and installation @ 65k

Pls chat me on Whatsapp on 07038166370.
Am gonna be needing HDF doors for one of my projects...

Also other door dealers can equally reach out to me on Whatsapp using this link Message Dennis3D Official on WhatsApp. https:///message/H6PSFGURKGQGE1 with your door prices. Thanks...

Preferable location is Calabar/Abia/Ebonyi state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:56am On Jun 19, 2021
Continuation of multidwelling interior lighting fittings @ makoko

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire/96#102869836
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2021
Please do we have anybody on this platform that is into the installation of the fibrecement fascia as shown in the attached pix.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:27am On Jun 19, 2021
DURABLE AGM BATTERIES NOW AVAILABLE!

USA Deka solar 12v 210ah ... 220,000

Ben AGM battery 12v 200ah ... 120,000

Ben AGM battery 12v 225ah .... 130,000

Ben lead carbon battery 12v 200ah .... 160,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2021
20 Days of Construction | The Nonuplets by NextHome

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:57am On Jun 19, 2021
n3xt:
20 Days of Construction | The Nonuplets by NextHome

Great. How many square meter would take this nonuplet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
Spainish tiles still in stock�
Any size of your choice order (blessedsunny2) WhatsApp:07062955047,09077504287

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
I sell hardwood

2x2@N400

2x3@N500

2x4@N600

3x4@N1, 000

2x6@N1, 200

1x12@N2, 000

Call 0-7-0-6-2-3-2-9-5-0-5 or WhatsApp for more
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Great. How many square meter would take this nonuplet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Anointingkennel(m): 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
Contact us For Quality Woods And Aluminum Roofing Sheet and Installation at a friendly price. Call/Watsap 0-8-1-0-0-9-3-4-2-1-0

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
[Nonuplets? Pls what do you mean by that?quote author=n3xt post=102872999]20 Days of Construction | The Nonuplets by NextHome

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 11:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
Abolarin91:
[Nonuplets? Pls what do you mean by that?quote author=n3xt post=102872999]20 Days of Construction | The Nonuplets by NextHome

That has been in my mind too.Checked it up in the Dictionary,doesn't exist (word not found).

n3xt,we need answers...Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2021
Abolarin91:

cc: KelvinCoaster

nonuplet (noun)

non·​u·​plet | \ -plə̇t \
plural -s

Definition of nonuplet

: a combination of nine of a kind

________

In this case, The Nonuplets by NextHome is a combination of 9 buildings.
Nonuplets is the project code name. Just as we have XL6 Trillion, Shògùnlè, Chateau de Brabus, NextHome H52, The Reserve, Plot 10AB, Desmond Flat, K024, Browne Mews, Seascape etc as code names for different builds.

________

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nonuplet

________

Pic: We keep a unique file for each of our project

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:50am On Jun 20, 2021
Oh! Now I get, I was thinking it's another name for building style(like duplex, terrace, and the likes). Thank you for the tutelage
n3xt:

nonuplet (noun)

plural -s

Definition of nonuplet

________

Nonuplets is the project code name. Just as we have XL6 Trillion, Shògùnlè, Chateau de Brabus, NextHome H52, The Reserve, Plot 10AB, Desmond Flat, K024, Browne Mews, Seascape etc as code names for different builds.

________

________

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:51am On Jun 20, 2021
We always hear new things from next cheesy
KelvinCoaster:

That has been in my mind too.Checked it up in the Dictionary,doesn't exist (word not found).

n3xt,we need answers...Lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LEOSIRSIR(m): 7:17am On Jun 20, 2021
condolences to you and the family, health and safety should be put into serious considerations by all, this to keep hazard rate low or eliminate it totally.
p.s if you are looking for a safety officer

n3xt:

That young chap was the reason I was off radar for a very long time. I’m yet to find a replacement for him.

He’s always the first in and the last out on our projects.

It was indeed a sad thing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2021
n3xt:

nonuplet (noun)

plural -s

Definition of nonuplet

________

________

________

Interesting!

I knew 'nano' to mean 9 and not 'nonu'.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2021
n3xt:

nonuplet (noun)

plural -s

Definition of nonuplet

________

________

________

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 8:11am On Jun 20, 2021
n3xt:

Update

As I was about responding to your first message, my phone went off. I’m sorry it took a while to attend to this.

I’ve reached out to Chekitaut and got his own side of the story.

According to him, here’s the chronology order of event between you:

1. 600 bags of cement (Lafarge) ordered 3 weeks ago

2. Due to accessibility issue, the cement was delivered in batches. First batch 300 bags was delivered.

NB: He didn’t tell me you had an agreement to do it this way.

3. The 2nd installment was expected from a delivery made to another distributor he joined with to lift a truck.
However, due to the cost of transloading the cement he couldn’t take the cement. The truck was charging extra N250/bag from Ewekoro.

4. The total amount involved in this transaction is N2,160,000. Breakdown below:

- Cost per bag = N3,600
- Cost of 300 bags delivered = N1,080,000
- Cost of 300 bags undelivered = N1,080,000
- Total Amount refunded so far = N700,000
This was made in 2 installments (N500k and N200k).

- Outstanding Balance = N380,000

5. He’s expecting the balance from the cement distributor he’s partnering on this and promised to pay back within the week.

I’ll plead with you to allow some time to sort this out. I’m in the same business and I can tell you cement ordering these days is a huge risk.
He didn’t deny the transaction. I hope you can give him a little more time to find an amicable resolve.

Please feel free to share your own part of the story to confirm if the probe above is correct and for learning purpose sir. cool

We are here to learn from each other and help others become better.

______

Thanks for your understanding sir. Hoping for a positive resolve.

Baba @Chekitaut has refused to pay me has he promised that he will pay during the week. The week has ended and he neither pay me nor communicate with me on reasons why payment was not made. Can you see that the guy is upto something?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:46am On Jun 20, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

Interesting!

I knew 'nano' to mean 9 and not 'nonu'.

cool

6 could also be ‘sixth’ or ‘sext’

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:49am On Jun 20, 2021
Thenext:

Baba @Chekitaut has refused to pay me has he promised that he will pay during the week. The week has ended and he neither pay me nor communicate with me on reasons why payment was not made. Can you see that the guy is upto something?

@chekiaut

Pls can you update us here? I’ve left a message for you on WhatsApp.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2021
n3xt:

@chekiaut

I still wonder why he is behaving like this… did the same for some clients year back, a lot of them won’t come here to rant… some even forgot the debt.. met this guy once I can tell that he is a serial lier….

From granite to supply of cement and all..

He will try and use peter To pay Paul.. we know tw trick

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 20, 2021
I’m looking for a building engineer to work with me part time on a 4 bedroom project in Ebonyi state. We are starting from scratch, so we will be doing the foundation first. Can someone please recommend a company to work with? If you’re a builder with previous work to show me kindly quote this with your contact details and I’ll get in touch. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2021
n3xt:

@chekiaut

Is Chekiaut also dribbling you after sticking your neck out to calm nerves the last time over this attitude?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2021
Northmall:
I’m looking for a building engineer to work with me part time on a 4 bedroom project in Ebonyi state. We are starting from scratch, so we will be doing the foundation first. Can someone please recommend a company to work with? If you’re a builder with previous work to show me kindly quote this with your contact details and I’ll get in touch. Thanks

Contact us at Samuel Ajose Engineers ltd
WhatsApp/call: +2347035596641
Email: samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2021
We're still waiting or our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contraction based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Thenext:
Please do we have anybody on this platform that is into the installation of the fibrecement fascia as shown in the attached pix.

Dominionng is the known expert in that space. He did mine and the outcome was good. He will give you option of either using wood or iron grid to hold the board to the roof. I opted for the iron grid, though more expensive, 3X the cost of using wood but the durability is assured against ferocious weather elements.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2021
Happy father's day to all the fathers here, may you be blessed abundantly to always provide for your family in Jesus name, your children will all make you proud, and they will be proud of you too.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.