Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4366313 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2021
folmus:

That's plagiarism. shocked shocked shocked

Yes o my Oga
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 10:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
We are live at akala express cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2021
rmx:

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:50pm On Jul 16, 2021
Designing for Speed and Cost Efficiency

The method we choose to build will have implications on practically every level of our project – costs, construction speeds and energy efficiency level.

With the current increase in the cost of building materials, what construction techniques and practices that can reduce labour content and save time and money are you adopting?

Pls share with us

_________

I’m currently exploring 4” non-load bearing sandcrete blocks for my internal partitions on framed structure builds. I’m also working on up to 3500psi reinforced sandcrete blocks for applications where load-bearing walls are required.

Lastly, I’m working on some concrete wall panels which requires no plastering and are pre-installed with all the necessary services.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 12:08am On Jul 17, 2021
n3xt:

The method we choose to build will have implications on practically every level of our project – costs, construction speeds and energy efficiency level.

With the current increase in the cost of building materials, what construction techniques and practices that can reduce labour content and save time and money are you adopting?

Pls share with us

_________

I’m currently exploring 4” non-load bearing sandcrete blocks for my internal partitions on framed structure builds. I’m also working on up to 3500psi reinforced sandcrete blocks for applications where load-bearing walls are required.

Lastly, I’m working on some concrete wall panels which requires no plastering and are pre-installed with all the necessary services.

This is marvelously wonderful.
n3xt,keep up with the innovations.
The sky can't be your limit...Kudos!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:36am On Jul 17, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

This is marvelously wonderful.
n3xt,keep up with the innovations.
The sky can't be your limit...Kudos!

The question to ask ourselves is “Why should we pay more for a door with 9in frame when the same door with 4in frame can do the same job and it’d even cost lesser to build?

- The thickness of a standard door is less than 50mm
- The thickness of the frame of most Chinese Door, American Panel Door and most internal doors in the market is by standard around 100 - 150mm.
- The thickness of most Aluminum Materials used for sliding doors and windows is at most 150mm for a 3 track or more sliding door.
- The thickness of conduit pipes for most services in a residential building (gas, electricity, internet, telephony, access control, etc) is at most 25mm (except in rare occasion do we use 50mm for larger cables).
In standard construction, you don’t even need it.

So, Why exactly do we need a 9in Wall?

In the past, internal walls were restricted to around 100mm - 150mm which is more than enough to satisfy building regulations worldwide.

IMHO, 100 - 150mm blocks became an issue when the conduit piping trend begun.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 17, 2021
During fabrication

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:10am On Jul 17, 2021
n3xt:

Pls share with us

_________

There is this design of wall plaster I saw today ,it’s so beautiful, and classy. I don’t think anyone has done it yet in Nigeria. You might be interested in it . I did not take pictures but the building is along my regular route, I will see if I can get some pictures.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:19am On Jul 17, 2021
michlins:
I'm currently working on this for a member here. Later it will travel to Lagos Nigeria.

It's quite expensive but worth the cost
Did you make that door?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2021
sonnie10:

There is this design of wall plaster I saw today ,it’s so beautiful, and classy. I don’t think anyone has done it yet in Nigeria. You might be interested in it . I did not take pictures but the building is along my regular route, I will see if I can get some pictures.

Pls kindly share. I love exploring.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:23am On Jul 17, 2021
Don't let anyone cower or bully you into silence.

When they complain, tell them to apply same energy to their favs doing same.

Your product is paint, which is DIRECTLY related to the thread, unlike some others. It's here I learnt that even tomatoes can be hawked here since it is cooked in the kitchen, which is part of a house. lolz

When similar observations were made in the past about others, the general sentiment was to "live and let live".

It is now a free for all marektplace, SO PLEASE CARRY ON!

Cheers.

Valuepaints20:

Okay sir thanks for enlightenment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:34am On Jul 17, 2021
megacontrol:

Your product is paint, which is DIRECTLY related to the thread, unlike some others. It's here I learnt that even tomatoes can be hawked here since it is cooked in the kitchen, which is part of a house. lolz

When similar observations were made in the past about others, the general sentiment was to "live and let live".

Cheers.

Typical.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:50am On Jul 17, 2021
rmx:

This is a massive projects oga mi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 7:55am On Jul 17, 2021
Valuepaints20:

Okay sir thanks for enlightenment
Thank you for your understanding.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2021
megacontrol:

Cheers.

This is what was written on the first page of the thread and I don’t think Hajji had written otherwise.

mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:09am On Jul 17, 2021
sonnie10:

Did you make that door?
currently making it now for a member here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:09am On Jul 17, 2021
megacontrol:

Cheers.

Ok thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:24am On Jul 17, 2021
Valuepaints20:

Ok thanks

If I were you, I'd hearken to the king you to lower the volume of aggressive marketing strategy. I'd showcase my ongoing and old projects instead. I'd use the opportunity the platform afford to share cutting-edge solutions with the forum users.

----------

On the flip side, I recently used your paint and I really love the packaging but not how it turned out few months later. I can show you the picture of paintings I did 9 years ago using another paint and the painting I did last year using your paint. It didn't come out well at all.

What could be wrong?

I knew I used your paint outdoor which is exposed to extremely harsh condition, could this be the problem? Are there better quality that I can use for outdoor applications?

I'd be repainting my fence the 2nd time in less than 1 year.

Pls kindly advise sir.

Thank you.

NB: I don't do cheap stuff. So please kindly let me know if there are better product from your coy to use outdoor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 8:41am On Jul 17, 2021
n3xt:

NB: I don't do cheap stuff. So please kindly let me know if there are better products from your coy to use outdoor.
please can you help me with an estimate for pop board, I want to see if I can use the board instead of pop cement.
Simple design is my intention.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:16am On Jul 17, 2021
multikolour:
please can you help me with an estimate for pop board, I want to see if I can use the board instead of pop cement.
Simple design is my intention.

Thank you

Do you have any particular design in mind? Pls kindly share. I can share with you contact details of my installers in Mushin, Lagos.

This is how we do it. Buy the materials and pay them per board/sqm/complexity of the design.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:21am On Jul 17, 2021
n3xt:

If I were you, I'd hearken to the king you to lower the volume of aggressive marketing strategy. I'd showcase my ongoing and old projects instead. I'd use the opportunity the platform afford to share cutting-edge solutions with the forum users.

----------

On the flip side, I recently used your paint and I really love the packaging but not how it turned out few months later. I can show you the picture of paintings I did 9 years ago using another paint and the painting I did last year using your paint. It didn't come out well at all.

What could be wrong?

I knew I used your paint outdoor which is exposed to extremely harsh condition, could this be the problem? Are there better quality that I can use for outdoor applications?

I'd be repainting my fence the 2nd time in less than 1 year.

Pls kindly advise sir.

Thank you.

NB: I don't do cheap stuff. So please kindly let me know if there are better product from your coy to use outdoor.

Good morning sir/ma

Thank you for your lodge of complain we love it when we get a feedback from our clients.

Firstly I would like to ask what type of our quality do you use in your exterior?

We have different quality it depends on your pockets And budget it’s not advisable to use ordinary emulsion in exterior but it can be managed in interior even other companies products not only VALUE PAINTS.

You are advice to use higher quality of emulsion like our VALUE PLUS EMULSION or Matt emulsion,silk emulsion e.t.c
sir.

However sir you can WhatsApp chat us for more information 08163862804 thanks and God bless

GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:22am On Jul 17, 2021
Valuepaints20:

Good morning sir/ma

Thank you for your lodge of complain we love it when we get a feedback from our clients.

Firstly I would like to ask what type of our quality do you use in your exterior?

We have different quality it depends on your pockets And budget it’s not advisable to use ordinary emulsion in exterior but it can be managed in interior even other companies products not only VALUE PAINTS.

You are advice to use higher quality of emulsion like our VALUE PLUS EMULSION or Matt emulsion,silk emulsion e.t.c
sir.

However sir you can WhatsApp chat us for more information 08163862804 thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2021
Good morning everyone
I'm blessedsunny2 ��
New arrival of your Spanish tiles product
Size:75by75 and 60by120
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2021
I hope to receive a beautiful door from u .
michlins:
I'm currently working on this for a member here. Later it will travel to Lagos Nigeria.

It's quite expensive but worth the cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2021
rmx:
good luck on this sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:07am On Jul 17, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation

For you pop call us… more volume attract some
Discount
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:37am On Jul 17, 2021
Valuepaints20:

Good morning sir/ma

sir.

Thank you for this.

Now you may need to educate some of the painters using your product on what to recommend for different application.

Thanks once again for your prompt reply. I’ll chat you up

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 11:46am On Jul 17, 2021
MrOkenwa:

Please stop spamming the thread.
You can simply open your own thread and post the link to your thread on here. It’s very annoying trying to stroll pass these junks.

Sorry if this has suddenly become your problem. Point of correction.THIS IS NOT A JUNK. If you no get money HIDE YOUR FACE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 11:54am On Jul 17, 2021
n3xt:

Thank you for this.

Now you may need to educate some of the painters using your product on what to recommend for different application.

Thanks once again for your prompt reply. I’ll chat you up

You welcome sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
n3xt:

Do you have any particular design in mind? Pls kindly share. I can share with you contact details of my installers in Mushin, Lagos.

This is how we do it. Buy the materials and pay them per board/sqm/complexity of the design.
lol I am in the north east of the country

(1) (2) (3) ... (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HossanaHeights, gbadexy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.