Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4353587 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) ... (3657) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2021
bayo2018:

I have another drawing here Chiefo.
And also the two carpenter I took there aren’t even talking about Pop or pvc lols
It’s 15ft
Metcopo
Pop for main building (2 bedroom and self contain ) while PVC for other building (4 self contain)
No parapet.

The quotation the other carpenter gave me is right below which is even on a high side compared to the first one sir
Kindly help check it out Chiefo because work don already reach this side sad

For a king post of 15ft I still maintain that the wood is much.
The main building that will take pop ceiling 2*2 wood of about 120pcs should be enough for the ceiling hangers.

I only agree with 36pcs of 1*12*12 for fascia board.

Workmanship of 180k will do for both.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2021
sonnie10:

I don’t know what his area if specialty is but he has handled real estate tax related issues which I am aware of in the past. If you decide to contact him will explain better.

Okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bayo2018: 9:59pm On Aug 05, 2021
UC92:

For a king post of 15ft I still maintain that the wood is much.
The main building that will take pop ceiling 2*2 wood of about 120pcs should be enough for the ceiling hangers.

I only agree with 36pcs of 1*12*12 for fascia board.

Workmanship of 180k will do for both.

Please can you kindly assist me with the number of wood to be used for each dimension on the building sir .?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bayo2018: 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2021
omanzo02:

Seriously?
570 pieces of 2x2 and 750 pieces of 2x4 for roofing? Are they trying to open personal wood business with your roofing work or for several building or am I missing something?
Kindly assist me on the approximate numbers of wood to be used in the building sir so I can revert back to them as soon as possible...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
High fencing and burglary bars in the USA wink

Recognizing my peeps in East LA and South Central cool

With these kind of beautiful burglaries, no casement window. Either you use sliding or double-hung windows (sliding vertically)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keemzy1(m): 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
But seriously it cost you nothing absolutely nothing to put a price on your products, worst case scenario you put caveat. Something like price as at date and time since we all know current volatility of the market. But not putting price at all is a total turn off, lot of people might not talk but definitely won't patronize.

My one cent.

________

Blessedsunny2:
okay sir..... I just have to tell myself this, if everybody like you that means you have a serious problem

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
bixton:

Please can you tell us more on such sacrifices to mitigate aromas arising from cooked meals especially those done during frying,etc,etc.......
if you can afford a very powerful extractor, one above the cooking area and one recessed in the centre of the ceiling, no aroma or smoke will ever escape into other spaces.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2021
2 bedroom semi-detached bungalow with bq, design available for sale

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:41am On Aug 06, 2021
micgray100:

THANKS OGA n3xt for the commendation....

Always ready for BUSINESS / COMPANY REGISTRATION WITH CAC

Thanks for your professional service too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 2:40am On Aug 06, 2021
*HILTON CITY*

Abuja has risen to become a significant investment destination in recent years which is supported by rapid population growth and expanding household consumption, a wide offering of opportunities has risen across construction, mining, agriculture, ICT, and real estate.

In this same economic hub, we've found a treasure in Kurudu, Abuja which we call, Hilton City.

It is a residential development in the exclusive and serene area of Kurudu, Abuja, Hilton City shares proximity with upscale shopping malls, fine restaurants, recreational centers, schools, which emphasizes our modal to promote a luxury lifestyle.

Known as one of the best places to live in Abuja, Hilton City is the perfect place for would-be homeowners and investors from Nigeria and the diaspora. It’s an estate that allows you to enjoy remarkable residential highlights including electricity, an excellent road network, a serene and luxurious environment, designated parking spaces, a good drainage system, stealth, and round-the-clock security.

Hilton City allows you to build a home, and create wealth for generations ahead, gives you value appreciation, and high returns on investment.

Living in Hilton City guarantees a secure environment with round-the-clock electricity in a serene area located around a peaceful community surrounded by, The Post-Service Army Housing Estate, DSS Estate, and many more.

TITLE
Right of Occupancy

NEAREST LANDMARKS
Located in the heart of Kurudu, Hilton City shares proximity with Deeper Life Church (Kurudu Camp Ground), New Kurudu Market, Post-Service Army Housing Estate, The Nigerian Police Housing Estate, Gladview Model Academy, Mini Stadium, Kurudu, and La Vogue British International School.

*SELLING PRICE*
Our flexible payment plan allows you to spread your payment for up to 12 months, you are assured this is the home you have always wanted.

3-BEDROOM BUNGALOW (Finished) (All inclusive)
Promo price - ₦26,500,000

300Sqm - ₦4,000,000
500Sqm - ₦6,600,000
600Sqm - ₦8,000,000

FEATURES
• Serene environment
• Top-notch 24-hour security
• Good drainage system
• Solar-powered streetlights
• Stable Electricity
• Perimeter fencing
• Management Office Building
• Recreational Facilities
• Security Gatehouse and so much more!

Contact 2348038781738 to book an inspection today.

Click my YouTube channel link below to see the video of the property and remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnoH0iQsGrQ

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 3:32am On Aug 06, 2021
BrickDevo:
if you can afford a very powerful extractor, one above the cooking area and one recessed in the centre of the ceiling, no aroma or smoke will ever escape into other spaces.
Is the extractor going to run with power or manual?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 5:03am On Aug 06, 2021
bobkezel:

Is the extractor going to run with power or manual?
no, usually electrical
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 6:51am On Aug 06, 2021
keemzy1:
But seriously it cost you nothing absolutely nothing to put a price on your products, worst case scenario you put caveat. Something like price as at date and time since we all know current volatility of the market. But not putting price at all is a total turn off, lot of people might not talk but definitely won't patronize.

My one cent.

Good morning everyone especially my clients but I'm not putting the price they are still patronizing me and definitely if you are not, you're missing� Thanks sir
Still in stock Spanish Wall tiles
Am blessedsunny2 small enough to listen big enough to deliver
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:20am On Aug 06, 2021
keemzy1:

My one cent.

________

What’s the big deal in putting price though?

If he put out his price today and it changes in an hour or the next day (which is 100% probability), would you expect him to come and update his prices on all threads every minute there’s price increase?

His posts today might be opened and read by one of his customers next month.
I think is fair to make your selection and ASK for price right here or any other medium he provides.

______
We bought marine boards 8k in March 2021. As at today, it’s sold at over 14k and that’s not the end of it.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 7:51am On Aug 06, 2021
bayo2018:

Please can you kindly assist me with the number of wood to be used for each dimension on the building sir .?
2*4*16 550 for rafters wallplate tiebeam
2*3*16 600 for purlins
2*2*16 semihard 300 for ceiling hangers and nuggins
Fascia board 36
4inches nail 4bags
3inches 2bags.
Steel rope 6
I don't see the essence of 2*6 here.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 8:13am On Aug 06, 2021
[quote author=Blessedsunny2 post=104478899][/quote]

Hungry people everywhere....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:40am On Aug 06, 2021
Yes. 4 bedroom duplex can conveniently sit on a half plot of land. As for cost, it depends on the design, location and when you intend to build.

isijyde:
Good morning engr. please i want to know if one can build a 4bedroom duplex on a half plot of land and how much will it cost. using a simple but attractive design. location is akwa ibom state.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ManyPlugs: 9:02am On Aug 06, 2021
This app is simply cool, i am able to manage my "briefs" better, i can create brief's with videos, pix, voice-note etc...i also able to share multiple briefs using just a simple link....You guys need to check it out

With Sendbrief App you can create, share and manage your BRIEF's . It allows your create[b] BRIEF & MESSAGES[/b] that contain recorded videos, images, uploaded documents & voice-notes which can be shared using a single Link.

You can download the Sendbrief App from the website - www.sendbrief.com OR directly from the Google play store , search for "Sendbrief"

It's a fantastic app that helps you work smarter.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2021
n3xt:

If he put out his price today and it changes in an hour or the next day (which is 100% probability), would you expect him to come and update his prices on all threads every minute there’s price increase?

I think is fair to make your selection and ASK for price right here or any other medium he provides.

______
We bought marine boards 8k in March 2021. As at today, it’s sold at over 14k and that’s not the end of it.

I bought at N13,500 yesterday at New Garage.

It’s shocking how things are escalating and we’re simply adjusting and shrugging it if.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:32am On Aug 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I bought at N13,500 yesterday at New Garage.

It’s shocking how things are escalating and we’re simply adjusting and shrugging it if.

I really respect anyone building now. They're legends!

The luckiest ones are those who have completed their build 6 months ago.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:48am On Aug 06, 2021
Guys,

Quick question on doors and door installation.

E.g. Say in preparation for a 900mm flush door in future...

1/ what should the subframe width made to?

2/ what should be the effective door opening space left after plastering/dressing the subframe into place?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bayo2018: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2021
UC92:

2*3*16 600 for purlins
Fascia board 36
4inches nail 4bags
3inches 2bags.
Steel rope 6

Thanks so much Chief I really appreciate.
He said the 2*6 is for the key post of the house sir so it’s gonna be able to stand firmly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by israelinvests: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2021
Contact me for ur 2beds seren apartment in ijeshatedo surulere.... 2beds at meiran , abuleegba area...520k total parkage .. 400 per annum , a/c 50/50 , damages

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by israelinvests: 10:09am On Aug 06, 2021
Hint me up for ur better apartment.. aboru or meiran... Remember, before anything.. mobilization fee its very important.. 3k.

Israelinvests is ready to serve u better...
08101860397... Forbir genuinely Dubai Visa or job opportunity , accommodation, hospitality in Dubai... Contact me... Whatsapp 08038174098
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by israelinvests: 10:14am On Aug 06, 2021
Land for sale at ijeja, adiyan, agbado area with 2 beds uncompleted building...
TITLE : Survey , land receipt and family agreement..
PRICE TAG : 4M...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:15am On Aug 06, 2021
israelinvests:
Hint me up for ur better apartment.. aboru or meiran... Remember, before anything.. mobilization fee its very important.. 3k.

Israelinvests is ready to serve u better...
08101860397... Forbir genuinely Dubai Visa or job opportunity , accommodation, hospitality in Dubai... Contact me... Whatsapp 08038174098

Sharp man!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keemzy1(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2021
The more reason i said price as at that particular moment/day..

But, each mallam to his kettle.

n3xt:

______

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:30am On Aug 06, 2021
UC92:

2*3*16 600 for purlins
Fascia board 36
4inches nail 4bags
3inches 2bags.
Steel rope 6

Why is 2*4 the now preferred size for wall plate instead of the 3*4 and why are saying no need using 2*6 ?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2021
n3xt:

Sharp man!

K
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 10:46am On Aug 06, 2021
Pls I need cdk tile and royal tile distributor , pls urgent , contact me on WhatsApp on 07051805606
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2021
keemzy1:
The more reason i said price as at that particular moment/day..

But, each mallam to his kettle.

I understand you sir. My point is we don’t all visit the thread at the same time.
The price today might change tomorrow due to circumstances beyond the sellers control.

Editing prices every now and then will make the seller look very unserious.

_________

I’d have issues with him if anyone ask for current market price of a product displayed on the thread and he refuses to share the price.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) (2365) (2366) ... (3657) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Smattad and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.