Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:58 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4295667 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) ... (3643) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
Anyone with a detailed MEP bill from a QS can please share with me, I’d love to see what it entail.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
yungmin:

This is not correct please!
12x12 feet is 3.6m X 3.6m = 12.96sqm
11 x 11 feet is 3.3m X 3.3m = 10.80sqm
10 x 10 feet is 3m X 3m = 9sqm

/
Imagine the discrepancies in Gbadexy's calculations in elementary mathematics.

54m - 32.76m = 21.24m (over-quotation is almost double the actual size).

This is how they overbill unsuspecting clients.

It is sad coming from an experienced contractor.

/

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
michlins:
Like the phoenix, I rise from the ashes.

Attached is a sample of the door with the front and back being the same design and 90% soundproof.

Don't ask me how I do it because am not telling you

This is a masterpiece. When is your company going public? I see you going places in a very short time.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/

/

This is the more reason I’d be more comfortable with a QS Bill than the one prepared by an engineer.

I think the contractor can explain better.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
Denigma:
I just did the POP of my ceiling and I have decided to screed before painting. I need a good technician that does wall screeding and painting as a job. Please note that I do not need 'middlemen' of any kind.

Kindly reply this message ASAP with your contact details and I will call you back.

Location is Abule Egba/Ijaiye.

I have my guys working around akowonjo if you don’t mind they have it done for you sharply..

Let me know

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/

/
I am not understanding what you posted sir. Where did the 54m come from.
I think my calculation underquoted rather than almost double the quote.
The area is in sqm.
Even an experienced contractor is infallible and learns everyday.
I send my painters and screeders to take measurements and whenever I go to site which isn't often, I give quote based on experience on what such area would require.
More knowledgeable person has given clarification and I have noted it.
I would still like to learn how the measurement I gave was double the quotation sir.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
n3xt:
This is a very good example.

You mean QS boq?? grin cheesy

What you uploaded here is provisional sum boq now. This is not a detailed bill of engineering measurement and evaluation called BEME

Some years ago, I prepared a bill of quantities (boq) for my company for Lagos state electrical installation project. When we got to negotiation meeting the head of the electrical department ask the main contractor that she will like to know who prepared the electrical boq . She said the engineer detailed the boq, easy to understand and make it simplle The MD of the civil engineering company didn't say anything, the woman ask him again he later replied that the engineer was not part of the meeting. She said she will like to know me that there is position waiting for the engineer in Alausa. I laughed even my MD face changed as if the woman has given me employment letter .

We got the job ooo but salary did not increase ooooo.... But I enjoyed my work especially when it comes to high rise building

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2021
Gbadexy is not wrong. Here’s why

Length of room = 12ft (3.6m)
Breadth of room = 12ft (3.6m)
Height of room = unspecified.

The estimate given by the engineer was for the total area of the space. If I get that figure from Gbadexy, I’ll doubt his competence.

Assuming the height of room is 2.7m

To calculate the surface area of a wall, multiply 3.6 x 2.7m = 9.72m

To calculate the total surface area of the room, multiply 9.72 x 4 wall = 38.88m

Please Note:

The total result in litres is for two coats of paint for some of the paints I’ve used.

________

If you divide the result by 2, you’ll have 19.44m which is almost the same as Gbadexy’s figure - 19.5m

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2021
n3xt:
Gbadexy is not wrong. Here’s why

Length of room = 12ft (3.6m)
Breadth of room = 12ft (3.6m)
Height of room = unspecified.

The estimate given by the engineer was for the total area of the space. If I get that figure from Gbadexy, I’ll doubt his competence.

Assuming the height of room is 2.7m

To calculate the surface area of a wall, multiply 3.6 x 2.7m = 9.72m

To calculate the total surface area of the room, multiply 9.72 x 4 wall = 38.88m

Please Note:

The total result in litres is for two coats of paint for some of the paints I’ve used.

________

If you divide the result by 2, you’ll have 19.44m which is almost the same as Gbadexy’s figure - 19.5m

Thank you sir but I think I actually made an error with the calculation and gave the total area as 19.5 sqm.
I'm suspecting @ invertedhammer multiplied the 19.5 sqm by 2.7m.
I would like to learn further from him though.
I appreciate your explanation. It further buttress the proper calculation.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
gbadexy:

Thank you sir but I think I actually made an error with the calculation and gave the total area as 19.5 sqm.
I'm suspecting @ invertedhammer multiplied the 19.5 sqm by 2.7m.
I would like to learn further from him though.
I appreciate your explanation. It further buttress the proper calculation.
but the name calling is not necessary…

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kazuhira: 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2021
The expanded Tractor Cab lineup for John Deere and Kubota includes a new 5-ton semi-trailer option. Today's most giant 16-foot light duty forklift and other features will improve the efficiency of harvesting crops across all stages of the growing process. The new harvesting equipment will give operators more confidence as they complete more large-scale harvesters with the most up-to-date software and technologies available today. I got these two pieces from Earthmoving Unlimited. The guys always have the best types of equipment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
n3xt:
My MEP bill gave all the details. I mean ALL

As a matter of fact, my BOQ wasn’t able to cover my clients request for a PEX piping but my MEP bill did without worries.

You are very correct@n3xt.
I once worked with OJ&T for over one year as a mechanical design Engineer and I can tell you that our BoQ are prepared to capture all Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing installation quantities without any errors.
Preparing MEP BOQ no be beans oooo and I can say that again and again.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2021
iammarvellux:
*LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE-Latest Development in Abraham Adesanya*

Lekki Pride is an estate that offers apartments tailored to meet your highest standards, with excellently designed luxury homes, that bring comfort, luxury, and appreciation over time.

Lekki Pride is strategically located at Ajiwe Bus Stop, by Abraham Adesanya Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway.

Lekki Pride comprises of tastefully finished:

1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Apartments

2 and 3 Bedroom Terraces +BQ

3 and 4 Bedroom Semi-detached + BQ

NEAREST LANDMARKS LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE shares proximity with;
Ajiwe Police Station, Agofure Motor Park, and Abraham Adesanya Roundabout.

*TITLE*
Certificate of Occupancy (C of O)

*LOCATION*
LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE is situated at Ajiwe Bus Stop, by Abraham Adesanya Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway.

*INTRODUCTORY SELLING PRICE*
*1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Apartment*
1 Bedroom Apartment - ₦22,000,000

2 Bedroom Apartment - ₦28,000,000

3 Bedroom Apartment

*Initial Deposit-*

*One Bedroom Maisonette*
- ₦28,000,000

*Initial Deposit-* ₦3,000,000

*TERRACES*
�2 Bedroom Terrace +BQ - ₦38,000,000

�3 Bedroom Terrace +BQ - ₦42,000,000

*Initial Deposit* - ₦5,000,000

*SEMI-DETACHED Duplexes*
�3 Bedroom Semi-Detached duplex + BQ - ₦50,000,000

�4 Bedroom Semi-Detached duplex + BQ - ₦65,000,000

*Initial Deposit* - ₦5,000,000

*PAYMENT PLAN*
Available on all building type.

*FEATURES*
• 24-hours Power Supply
• Electric Fencing
• Security Gatehouse
• Management Office Building
• Cinema House
• Recreational Centre
• Solar Powered Streetlights
• CCTV Surveillance Cameras
• Estate Gym
• Smart Home Features and so much more!

*LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE,* where luxury meets convenience.

For inquiries and inspection bookings, please call/WhatsApp 2348038781738

See the YouTube video below, pls subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more video updates. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pLUWGwz6Zw

*PRICE INCREASE ALERT- LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE*

As the Zylus Experience continues to take shape with rapid developments across our estates in Lagos, we remain committed to bringing to the centre of excellence the dream home of all with comfort and Class in mind.

As a result of our commitments to continually deliver standard homes to all our clients home and abroad, we want to use this opportunity to intimate you with the latest review on our Lekki Pride Estate.

Given the current economic situation and its impact on materials, it has become imperative to review the selling price of Lekki Pride Estate to enable us to keep this promise to you.

Regardless of the continuous twist and turn of the economic situation, the aim is to maintain the level of quality, services, and standard you’re accustomed to. Hence, the reason for this review.

In line with the foregoing, the new selling prices are as follows;

*1 Bedroom Maisonette - 32million*

*3 Bedroom Apartment- 35million*

*2 Bedroom Apartment - 31million*

*1 Bedroom Apartment - 25million*

*3 Bedroom Terrace Semi Detached with BQ - 50 Million*

*3 Bedroom Semi Detached with BQ - 57 Million*

*2 Bedroom Terrace Semi Detached with BQ - 42 Million*

*This changes is effective from 1st September, 2021.*

We appreciate your support in this time of growth.

Thank you.

*For: Zylus Group International*

For more enquiries please call or WhatsApp me on 2348038781738.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skigbu: 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
Call us "S KIGBU Architecture " for your
1.Building Drawing Both 2D And 3D
2.Consultancy service
3. Supervision
And more .
Email: skigbu8@gmail.com
WhatsApp and call : 09081037402

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2021
The calculation you quoted is wrong. The one you quoted is for floor area while Gbadexy's is for wall area.

Edit: [s]Please take note and render apology accordingly.[/s]
Already pointed out.

InvertedHammer:

/

/

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yungmin: 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2021
Naijapal:
The calculation you quoted is wrong. The one you quoted is for floor area while Gbadexy's is for wall area.

Edit: [s]Please take note and render apology accordingly.[/s]
Already pointed out.

The person simply asked what a 12 X 12 room is in SQM. He didn't say he wanted wall area of something else. He wanted the area in SQM. @gbadexy's was the one who made assumptions.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by President99: 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
Amastermovic:
On the above discussion even though an engineer can prepare bill , I dont think it will be detailed like a quantity surveyor who specializes only on costing though most of our design software nowadays and presentation software gives the quantity and tonnage but they dont factor simple cost like transportation off cut of iron wastages etc..
Savage value of a project , when a project is profitable ,

we are not giving the in depth knowledge well while in school, some engineer already create a niche for themselves to cost civil works but its better we allow the Qs do their things and submit back to check if all materials are fully quoted for..

Engineer should stop trying to be Q's or Architect get them as frnds and enjoy discount

https://allafrica.com › stories
Nigeria: 'Beme is Illegal, Non-Existent in Other Countries'

https://allafrica.com/stories/201008090934.html

What is the work of cost engineer then? And saying BEME doesn't exist in another doesn't make any sense. QS doesn't exist in Germany as well. The work of QS is done by architect and civil engineer in Germany.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
yungmin:

The person simply asked what a 12 X 12 room is in SQM. He didn't say he wanted wall area of something else. He wanted the area in SQM. @gbadexy's was the one who made assumptions.

The person was talking about a painting project.

So to assume the measurements was for the walls is perfectly normal.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
yungmin:

You missed the message trail. He was referring to total area to be painted for a room of that size.
Edit: so you were the one who made wrong assumption.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:29pm On Aug 19, 2021
jabolo:

Louvres used to be ubiquitous sometime back and still present in some old school buildings.

Incidentally, has anyone here ever done a wholesale conversion of all louvre windows in a building to the modern casement type?

Eager to learn what to look out for, and, I might have such a big job shortly. Thanks.
it would be more expensive than Casement window

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
n3xt:
My MEP bill gave all the details. I mean ALL

As a matter of fact, my BOQ wasn’t able to cover my clients request for a PEX piping but my MEP bill did without worries.

I like this piping
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
yungmin:

Here’s the discussion before the OP asked his question.

Agreed he didn’t say he want the measurement for the wall area but he’s asking a paint contractor question and not a tiler or POP Contractor. So the answer he got is not off tangent.

I think the best would have been to point him to the error than to assume his position.

I’d be expecting total surface area from a painter and not area of floor.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
walexProjects:

You are very correct@n3xt.
I once worked with OJ&T for over one year as a mechanical design Engineer and I can tell you that our BoQ are prepared to capture all Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing installation quantities without any errors.
Preparing MEP BOQ no be beans oooo and I can say that again and again.

Your MEP detailing is out of this world. I’d never take chances on it.

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
yungmin:

I'm not a tiler. It's apparent he asked me the area for painting, so he would expect a total surface area and not floor area from me.
I think coldcandy and next already answered it correctly.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Temi1(m): 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
Good people, please help me evaluate this quote for frameless transom windows. The rate per window looks really alarming! I am tempted to go for normal casement windows, just that the quote for that too is not very different from this.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
n3xt:

Here’s the discussion before the OP asked his question.

Agreed he didn’t say he want the measurement for the wall area but he’s asking a paint contractor question and not a tiler or POP Contractor. So the answer he got is not off tangent.

I think the best would have been to point him to the error than to assume his position.

I’d be expecting total surface area from a painter and not area of floor.

Thank you very much sir. I just saw this after posting a response to him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2021
@sonnie10

I’ve collected my okada riders permit o. When am I getting the okada?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2021
n3xt:
@sonnie10

I’ve collected my okada riders permit o. When am I getting the okada?

I stopped by at Home Depot to see if I could get you a matching work/riders boots. Hope this Classic from Cole han will do? Additional $200 is not to much.

But let me finish breakfast and I will check the junk yards for any old Suzuki

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
sonnie10:

I stopped by at Home Depot to see if I could get you a matching work/riders boots. Hope this Classic from Cole han will do? Additional $200 is not to much.

I do 42 plz. Thank you!

When are you asking for my Shipping Address?.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Barrmary: 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bosses please help me and access this quotation i got from an electrician for only the ground floor of a 2bedroom and 3bedroom flat in a 2-storey building.

Please I would need all advices on the type of good wiring to use for steps to follow when wiring a building because I believe wiring is one of the most important aspect of any building.

It's a rented flat but i would need good wires to buy that would last very long with good durability.

He said the Labour charge is negotiable and the cost of the pipe is the bendable one for conduit, he said the boxes can stand the test of time and the distribution box is the second grade.

Please I need your inputs on this!!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ralphlauren(m): 9:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
Please can someone recommend companies in lagos that I can order quality stone coated roofing sheets from?

I'll really appreciate if someone can list the names of these companies.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2021
Barrmary:
Bosses please help me and access this quotation i got from an electrician for only the ground floor of a 2bedroom and 3bedroom flat in a 2-storey building.

Please I would need all advices on the type of good wiring to use for steps to follow when wiring a building because I believe wiring is one of the most important aspect of any building.

It's a rented flat but i would need good wires to buy that would last very long with good durability.

He said the Labour charge is negotiable and the cost of the pipe is the bendable one for conduit, he said the boxes can stand the test of time and the distribution box is the second grade.

Please I need your inputs on this!!!!

please which state is this?

the prices of each of the item are high... and the quantity too

original diginity 20mm pipe is around 12/13k lagos.. (though might be different from other state)

the 3x3 knock out is still around 1300 same with the 3x6 boxes

the labour is high too

good luck

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) ... (3643) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Olumighty123(m), pawn89(m), aieromon(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.