Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,044 members, 7,799,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4345899 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) ... (3653) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I rode to Osogbo on Sunday for lunch and the amount of broken down commercial vehicles was quite high. I was thinking about all the goods being delayed.
wow from ibadan? I intended going to Ilesha on sunday but was afraid if the road is okay…

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2021
twinskenny:
wow from ibadan? I intended going to Ilesha on sunday but was afraid if the road is okay…

Yes Sir. I took very early retirement so I can do these things. If not for the banditry I would stretch even further. Next weekend Igbo Ora if my crew agrees.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:05am On Aug 25, 2021
ceelog:

Update.

The proposed transaction with @chizagi couldn't go ahead as planned. He could not assure the delivery time for the doors as requested as the delivery van said they could have delays.
I would not be around again to receive doors if the lead time was too variable.
So the deal has been suspended for now.
I might just have to source for the doors close by eg Onitsha

@spyder880 please any contact for me at Ogidi market?

Try this my customer.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I rode to Osogbo on Sunday for lunch and the amount of broken down commercial vehicles was quite high. I was thinking about all the goods being delayed.
Ibadan to osogbo just for lunch?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2021
veekid:

Yes Sir. Nigeria is truly beautiful, we just have bad government.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yes Sir. Nigeria is truly beautiful, we just have bad government.

Bad citizens plenty..

Na from their midst bad politicians come out.

Then bad civil service

Bad private sectors

The list is endless.

If bad people dey minority for naija, we won't be having bad leadership for more than 30 years now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2021
Asides from the regular cement used for plastering, is there a class of cement called water cement that can be used in fish ponds. I've checked online but can't seem to find anything like that. Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by President99: 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
Freshre:
come this woman everytime you be having one problem or other with people in this section wetin dey do u self? Hope you are mental OK? You should desist from working for this woman if you want to have peace of mind.. Nawa oooo
You created this account on 22nd August, but you are already supporting a supposedly unreliable business man. Ain't u this person the woman complained against?

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
emmyN:
Michlins makes burglaries without tolerance for installation; client came on here to call him fraud. The gurus advised him to take cognizance next time. Granted.

Michlins makes doors with allowance for another client. Client calls him a cheat and a thief. Our magnanimous gurus wade in and advise he makes as specified going forward.

Michlins is tired cheesy

Lol... Laff wan tear my belle... As in ehn, i just weak.. Be strong Michlins.... And i hope this issue is resolved amicably...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2021
somehow:

Bad citizens plenty..

Then bad civil service

Bad private sectors

The list is endless.

If bad people dey minority for naija, we won't be having bad leadership for more than 30 years now.

I can’t disagree with you. The government is made up of the people.

I personally don’t believe that Nigeria will ever really change. So I continue living my life full throttle amidst the chaos.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2021
somehow:

Bad citizens plenty..

Then bad civil service

Bad private sectors

The list is endless.

Correct!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I can’t disagree with you. The government is made up of the people.

I personally don’t believe that Nigeria will ever really change. So I continue living my life full throttle amidst the chaos.

You've found the key to live in peace in this country.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2021
UC92:

Any reason to procure roofing sheet from Lagos to pH?

Yes.

As at the time, Tilcor didn't have a warehouse in PH. And we wanted Tilcor.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2021
veekid:
grin grin grin
I no fit control my laughter.
There are levels to this thing.
Lunch pere?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
michlins:
at first I got angry and that's how I lashed out at her but then she's still my customer who gave me her hard earned money. That's what some family members won't do for you.

And all these are opening me up to improved ways people do things. I might say am still running business the way I learnt from my boss.

Will this type of thing happen to me again where I assume the customer knows what he or she wants, absolutely not

Businesses keep evolving. The business environment keeps evolving. The customers keep evolving. There is constant change. However, this change has mostly to do only with the services demanded by customers and the way to deliver the service. Product quality, identity, and functionality stay the same.

For example, 1982 Benz is the 'same' as 2021 Benz. What "changed" are the features (services) demanded by 2021 customers - padded, internet connection, sat-nav, electric engine, sleek design, eco friendly, etc. But a person born in 1982 who went into a coma and came to in 2021 will still recognize a Benz even from a distance.

Another example, Savings Account in 1982 with passbook is the same in 2021. What "changed" are computers, the internet, and app. But savings account na savings account. This is recognized as PRODUCT IDENTITY. Some call it an instrument. What have all these got to do with you and your aggrieved client? Plenty.

You need to have PRODUCT IDENTITY. You cannot supply a 3.5ft (for example) door to Mr A and call it a 3ft door and supply a 2.5ft door to Mrs B and call it a 3ft door. No identity. A 3ft door is a 3ft door. A 4ft door is a 4ft door. Period. It is not your responsibility or prerogative if it would fit. That's the customer's prerogative. You are essentially a manufacturer who manufactures to measure. If the customer says please give me 3ft door; you price your product appropriately and give them 3ft door. Shikena.

I bought a house in South East London that needs modernization. I need to install a footpath wrought iron (garden) gate. So I went online. See the attached photo. This will give you an idea of how these things are done. Look carefully at the photo, you will see the size (Dimensions) and even weight. This is called PRODUCT SPECIFICATION. Look carefully again, you will see where the suppliers said "Fits a post to post GAP of 762mm . So upfront, I know what I'm ordering. Now if the gate is delivered and the specification doesn't match my invoice, I will return the product for a refund at the cost of the supplier. It is not what I ordered they delivered. Any explanation that I need to knock down walls or choke any gap to make the product fit is not acceptable. This is the issue you are currently having.

I'm not expecting you to start drafting (drawing) products. This will be costly and if you pass on this cost to your customers, they will complain. But I'm expecting you to include the dimensions in your invoice and deliver exactly the dimensions so contained. And leave the rest for the customer.

So going forward, write down the PRODUCT SPECIFICATION in your invoice issued to customers and as customer service, you may add "this product will fit an opening of bla, bla, bla". Then deliver exactly the dimensions in the invoice. You will be good.

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
uncleteeh:

grin grin grin
I no fit control my laughter.
There are levels to this thing.
Lunch pere?

Yes, there was a NairaLander on the same trip. He can chime in if he chooses.

In 2017 or so I rode from Los Angeles to San Diego just to have lunch with another NairaLander on here, Shagati. In 2019 or so he returned the pleasure by riding down from Lagos to Ibadan, just for us to have lunch.

Life is as easy or as hard as one makes it cool

Asejire River in the background.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
diordaves:

Businesses keep evolving. The business environment keeps evolving. The customers keep evolving. There is constant change. However, this change has mostly to do only with the services demanded by customers and the way to deliver the service. Product quality, identity, and functionality stay the same.

For example, 1982 Benz is the 'same' as 2021 Benz. What "changed" are the features (services) demanded by 2021 customers - padded, internet connection, sat-nav, electric engine, sleek design, eco friendly, etc. But a person born in 1982 who went into a coma and came to in 2021 will still recognize a Benz even from a distance.

Another example, Savings Account in 1982 with passbook is the same in 2021. What "changed" are computers, the internet, and app. But savings account na savings account. This is recognized as PRODUCT IDENTITY. Some call it an instrument. What have all these got to do with you and your aggrieved client? Plenty.

You need to have PRODUCT IDENTITY. You cannot supply a 3.5ft (for example) door to Mr A and call it a 3ft door and supply a 2.5ft door to Mrs B and call it a 3ft door. No identity. A 3ft door is a 3ft door. A 4ft door is a 4ft door. Period. It is not your responsibility or prerogative if it would fit. That's the customer's prerogative. You are essentially a manufacturer who manufactures to measure. If the customer says please give me 3ft door; you price your product appropriately and give them 3ft door. Shikena.

I bought a house in South East London that needs modernization. I need to install a footpath wrought iron (garden) gate. So I went online. See the attached photo. This will give you an idea of how these things are done. Look carefully at the photo, you will see the size (Dimensions) and even weight. This is called PRODUCT SPECIFICATION. Look carefully again, you will see where the suppliers said "Fits a post to post GAP of 762mm . So upfront, I know what I'm ordering. Now if the gate is delivered and the specification doesn't match my invoice, I will return the product for a refund at the cost of the supplier. It is not what I ordered they delivered. Any explanation that I need to knock down walls or choke any gap to make the product fit is not acceptable. This is the issue you are currently having.

I'm not expecting you to start drafting (drawing) products. This will be costly and if you pass on this cost to your customers, they will complain. But I'm expecting you to include the dimensions in your invoice and deliver exactly the dimensions so contained. And leave the rest for the customer.

So going forward, write down the PRODUCT SPECIFICATION in your invoice issued to customers and as customer service, you may add "this product will fit an opening of bla, bla, bla". Then deliver exactly the dimensions in the invoice. You will be good.

Your post here is one that should be obtainable in any sane, modern Human civilization.

But alas! Nigeria is not a civil society (shout patriotism all you want, that is the truth).

Most of us here visit merchant sites such as E bay and Amazon (even Ali express). If i request for an item and the the specifications meets my needs, I purchase. If it gets to me and it does not meet the criteria as advertised by the seller, there is a policy that gives me the right to a refund or replace (in some cases whether or not i return the item). That is a system that works because it has been tested by many of us here.

Why is our own different? The complainant ordered for a 3 ft door (36 in) and you supplied her a 33 in door, giving your ' judgement' of measurement as an excuse. Now the doors (2 of them, after managing 3) are useless to her. And some people here are say she should temper Justice with mercy. Some people are even insulting her here for an expectation she paid for in full!

HOW DID WE GET HERE FOR GOD'S SAKE! NO ACCOUNTABILITY!

How then can we do away with the Chinese , Indians and Americans/Europeans when our own standard of morality and professionalism is nothing compared to even the Beninese and Togolese!

May God Help us all.

I come to make war angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

In 2017 or so I rode from Los Angeles to San Diego just to have lunch with another NairaLander on here, Shagati. In 2019 or so he returned the pleasure by riding down from Lagos to Ibadan, just for us to have lunch.

Nice. Very Nice. Police no worry una say dem don ban okada? Thieve people - obtainers.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
diordaves:

thank you for this

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
diordaves:

PLEASE REPLICATE MORE OF YOU IN YOUR ENVIRONMENT.

ACCOUNTABILITY IS NEEDED.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2021
Inception:

Your post here is one that should be obtainable in any sane, modern Human civilization.

But alas! Nigeria is not a civil society (shout patriotism all you want, that is the truth).

Most of us here visit merchant sites such as E bay and Amazon (even Ali express). If i request for an item and the the specifications meets my needs, I purchase. If it gets to me and it does not meet the criteria as advertised by the seller, there is a policy that gives me the right to a refund or replace (in some cases whether or not i return the item). That is a system that works because it has been tested by many of us here.

Why is our own different? The complainant ordered for a 3 ft door (36 in) and you supplied her a 33 in door, giving your ' judgement' of measurement as an excuse. Now the doors (2 of them, after managing 3) are useless to her. And some people here are say she should temper Justice with mercy. Some people are even insulting her here for an expectation she paid for in full!

HOW DID WE GET HERE FOR GOD'S SAKE! NO ACCOUNTABILITY!

How then can we do away with the Chinese , Indians and Americans/Europeans when our own standard of morality and professionalism is nothing compared to even the Beninese and Togolese!

May God Help us all.

I come to make war angry

God bless you too.

We must change as a people and stop blaming people for what we haven't been chanced to do yet.

Nigeria is going to remain where it is if we all can't look into the mirror and first correct our errors before looking elsewhere.

We must learn to become better in all that we do.

I'm learning not just about construction on this thread but how to become a better businessman/neighbour /brother/uncle/friend/boss/teacher/husband/father/citizen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2021
Are these beautiful sturvs available in our local market yet?

Found these online by someone who’s ready to export.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2021
n3xt:

It's simple, awesome & contemporary

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

They’re still searching for my own Harley Davidson in the junkyard.

I’ll join you soon grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
diordaves:

Nice. Very Nice. Police no worry una say dem don ban okada? Thieve people - obtainers.

Police - not at all. Very friendly towards bikers and just waive us through.

Obtainers - the premise is that they have never bothered any biker.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Etranshub(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2021
n3xt:

oh yes chief they are available at owode onirin Lagos.

I am always available at your service for your bespoke metal works

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2021
somehow:

God bless you too.

We must change as a people and stop blaming people for what we haven't been chanced to do yet.

Nigeria is going to remain where it is if we all can't look into the mirror and first correct our errors before looking elsewhere.

We must learn to become better in all that we do.

I'm learning not just about construction on this thread but how to become a better businessman/neighbour /brother/uncle/friend/boss/teacher/husband/father/citizen.

One thing preached by Brabus on here that I copied is to try to increase the tools capability of artisans on site. No artisan can claim that they worked on my site without learning about a tech tool for their industry.

We are working on a laser level for my POP guy. He's still doing the line work manually and watching him I know he can gain more time if he goes to a laser line level.

Some listen, some have heads filled with stone.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2021
n3xt:

import these and turn millionaire in six months

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
I’m trying to see pictures of elevated entertainment decks built on aluminum legs. The type of aluminum used to old stanchion.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
n3xt:

Will it be full 36” or 33”? grin Ducking and weaving.

Seriously though, why can’t we make this in Nigeria? It’s straightforward enough.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
michlins:
import these and turn millionaire in six months

I know those doors will keep Turkey doors off our market if we have them in Nigeria.

Let me open discussion with the guy and see what I can come up with.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Seriously though, why can’t we make this in Nigeria? It’s straightforward enough.

It’s no big deal honestly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) ... (3653) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.