Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365999 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AXYZ: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2021
Is there anyone here that installs kitchen hood? I'm in Benue State

2. Is it possible to do building approval after building? At least just to fulfill all righteousness.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rerin: 11:52am On Sep 04, 2021
Thanks everyone for your contributions. Please note that they are two types. The families that sold the land are entitled and still collect money for roofing, foundation, and decking from buyers. These 3 miscreants collect and harass the artisans which they pay them as well for their personal pockets. They went to beat the artisans unjustly requesting for money already paid by the buyer to the omo onile family. The family cautioned these miscreants but never listened at that point. Infact some of the families stated the law should take its cause since they are nuisances. These miscreants called the Bricklayers back after a week to get their working tools and collected money from them. It's so upsetting for the maltreatment and seeking for best way to handle this case. N.B these guys still parade the site everyday till now thinking they are above the law.
[
quote author=rmx post=105474954]

Wisdom . Everything is not fight fight . Important also to settle the right set controlling the area

I do both , will show strength by inviting the forces to send a strong message at the very beginning , and will also settle them , most times during settlement the force will be there to witness grin , they come back for the occasional 20k/30k blessing money from the engineer at milestones . They even fight off rival groups after that . The koko Na make God bless person to overlook some of this Shina . It is what it is [/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2021
twinskenny:
funny enough with the whole settlement some of them still look like rag

And dey die the most horrible of deaths too. One here never has surviving children.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rerin: 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2021
There is a great relationship with all landlords, CDA committees, some of omo onile families etc except these 3 boys which everyone complain about them, they don't ask but harass to collect and rudely.
n3xt:

My best security advice to people is “Be Good. Be Kind. Be Friendly with everyone in your neighborhood But Don’t Be Stupid.”
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2021
justified007:
Good afternoon bosses in the building.

Please I need help with the current prices of 0.45 and 0.55 longspan aluminum for my kobokobo project.

The roofers around me submitted 2200_2300 for 0.45mm and I am seeing it as low as 1900 online.

2200 is very okay for 0.45mm longspan.

Be careful of 1900, you might get 0.40mm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2021
AXYZ:

2. Is it possible to do building approval after building? At least just to fulfill all righteousness.

Thanks
There are 3 kinds of approval

1: proposed development approval
2: On-going approval
3: As-built approval

Please note, for the on-going and as-built option, you will have to pay a penalty “sometimes 2-3 times what your assessment fee is” (Lagos standard)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
Responsive to change
For the love of flat roof
Here a 2,1,1 bungalow design smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/5783134/thread-bungalow-designs.we-offer-planningdesigning/2#105485196

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2021
My build omonile wanted to supply all the materials at the beginning of my project, despite paying them their foundation money. It took military action to get them out. Subsequently I paid them their decking and Roofing money even before they asked for it. I did patronize one of their oga selling blocks just to get him on my side against unknown gunmen omonile.

Those guys are just very difficult, who knows, maybe burying Dog at the site can chase them away.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AXYZ: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2021
Charisdesigns:

Please note, for the on-going and as-built option, you will have to pay a penalty “sometimes 2-3 times what your assessment fee is” (Lagos standard)

Ohh. Thanks bro. I just wanted to be sure it's still possible to get it done. I appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 04, 2021
Rerin:
Thanks everyone for your contributions. Please note that they are two types. The families that sold the land are entitled and still collect money for roofing, foundation, and decking from buyers. These 3 miscreants collect and harass the artisans which they pay them as well for their personal pockets. They went to beat the artisans unjustly requesting for money already paid by the buyer to the omo onile family. The family cautioned these miscreants but never listened at that point. Infact some of the families stated the law should take its cause since they are nuisances. These miscreants called the Bricklayers back after a week to get their working tools and collected money from them. It's so upsetting for the maltreatment and seeking for best way to handle this case. N.B these guys still parade the site everyday till now thinking they are above the law.
[
quote author=rmx post=105474954]

Wisdom . Everything is not fight fight . Important also to settle the right set controlling the area

I do both , will show strength by inviting the forces to send a strong message at the very beginning , and will also settle them , most times during settlement the force will be there to witness grin , they come back for the occasional 20k/30k blessing money from the engineer at milestones . They even fight off rival groups after that . The koko Na make God bless person to overlook some of this Shina . It is what it is

Omonile is frustrating me in my site. Those who used to be there are no longer there and they new guys are frustrating land owners erecting structure in my area.

They are asking to see my papers but if I show them I know they will still find a fault. Then they will begin to quote millions for me.

I'm so tired and Confused
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
AXYZ:

Thanks
Waiting for this answer, stop work was placed on our site when we got to the finishing stage since last year.

We are yet to continue though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
Nero2424:
My build omonile wanted to supply all the materials at the beginning of my project, despite paying them their foundation money. It took military action to get them out. Subsequently I paid them their decking and Roofing money even before they asked for it. I did patronize one of their oga selling blocks just to get him on my side against unknown gunmen omonile.

Those guys are just very difficult, who knows, maybe burying Dog at the site can chase them away.

Count yourself lucky If you were able to build a house without omo onile problem, we had no issue with omo onile, we merely paid the estate of 50k and that’s all.

My engineer got another project and that’s when we understood the grace we enjoyed on previous sites.
1)Taking building materials to the street: Omo onile will charge per trip
2)Foundation: Omo onile will charge
3)Decking: Charge
4)Roofing: Charge

And co.

This won’t still stop these guys from stopping randomly to ask for urgent 3k for beers.

I believe this is a menace that can’t be stopped
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
Interior designs is all about creativity. See this pop/plaster board design with the wood flooring

Amazing!

Finishing should not always look luxurious, a HOME should feel like a HOME, When your home feel like a home… you won’t see any big deal in lodging in hotels (except for meetings or when you travel to another state)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AXYZ: 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2021
Charisdesigns:

Cc Born2conquer, I hope this would help

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Born2conquer:

Waiting for this answer, stop work was placed on our site when we got to the finishing stage since last year.

We are yet to continue though
When stop work notice is issued, they usually tag alongside it the defaulting term.

What was the defaulting term in your case?

Do you have a building|planning permit?
Were you building to specifications?
Is your survey plan free from acquisition?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
Born2conquer:
Interior designs is all about creativity. See this pop/plaster board design with the wood flooring

Amazing!

Finishing should not always look luxurious, a HOME should feel like a HOME, When your home feel like a home… you won’t see any big deal in lodging in hotels (except for meetings
or when you travel to another state)

The design look good
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2021
neduboo:

Omonile is frustrating me in my site. Those who used to be there are no longer there and they new guys are frustrating land owners erecting structure in my area.

They are asking to see my papers but if I show them I know they will still find a fault. Then they will begin to quote millions for me.

You need to get in touch with seller. Hear what he will say
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2021
neduboo:

Where’s your project location?

The issue at your site is pretty similar to what’s happening at my end too but there are some of us who have become untouchable in my community.

There has been long battle of ownership between 2 families and when a new winner emerged, every landowners (legitimate or illegitimate) were asked to bring their papers and make some payment before they can build or continue construction.

Some lands were reclaimed and sold to new buyers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
topsy23:

He said those who used to be there are no longer there. Power must have changed hand.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2021
Charisdesigns:

When stop work notice is issued, they usually tag alongside it the defaulting term.

What was the defaulting term in your case?

Do you have a building|planning permit?
Were you building to specifications?
Is your survey plan free from acquisition?

We have the survey and everything
1)Some team came for testing during the building and they certified the building strong/okay.

But we are didn’t process the building approval (lol, i really couldn’t remember why we forgot), so we came to the site one day and we saw those red marks on the fence, something like we should come for approval or something (I can’t recollect because it was last year), coincidentally, it fell during the period where we were about taking a break from the whole projevt.

When we resume, we will process thr approval and all.

Price of building materials no gree man continue work
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2021
topsy23:

The seller is long dead. The children and extended families are the one dragging and trying to extort.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
n3xt:

The issue at your site is pretty similar to what’s happening at my end too but there are some of us who have become untouchable in my community.

There has been long battle of ownership between 2 families and when a new winner emerged, every landowners (legitimate or illegitimate) were asked to bring their papers and make some payment before they can build or continue construction.

This is exactly what I'm facing. My site is at the mainland.

The main seller who is their head is dead, so the children and extended families are the one dragging portions and disturbing work going on in the site. Asking for papers from anyone they see that is undergoing construction work.

And even if ur papers are complete they will still find fault just to extort you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:20pm On Sep 04, 2021
Born2conquer:

Amazing!

Finishing should not always look luxurious, a HOME should feel like a HOME, When your home feel like a home… you won’t see any big deal in lodging in hotels (except for meetings or when you travel to another state)
Do you have contact for the pop person or it’s just stock photo?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Born2conquer:

We have the survey and everything
1)Some team came for testing during the building and they certified the building strong/okay.

But we are didn’t process the building approval (lol, i really couldn’t remember why we forgot), so we came to the site one day and we saw those red marks on the fence, something like we should come for approval or something (I can’t recollect because it was last year), coincidentally, it fell during the period where we were about taking a break from the whole projevt.

When we resume, we will process the approval and all.

Price of building materials no gree man continue work

A way to go
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
Born2conquer:

Amazing!

IMHO, it’s relative and subject to individual taste. The ceilings you posted feels overdone to me. But I’ve never been a fan of lodge houses.

Attached are pictures from a $18M house. Flat ceilings.

I come in peace.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2021
n3xt:

There’s a thin line between omo onile and ajagun gbale (land grabbers), @ bolded is the modus operandi of the latter, and they are more brutal
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 12:59am On Sep 05, 2021
Charisdesigns:

There’s a thin line between omo onile and ajagun gbale (land grabbers), @ bolded is the modus operandi of the latter, and they are more brutal
/
I don't know about Lagos but in PH when I had issues with them,I threatened to go to war with them--we die once. I promised them heavy casualties on both sides. One thing was certain--they don't want to die. By the way, that was a phone conversation.

I made contacts with their Vice Chairman, paid him off and had him keep his boys at bay. At a point I had to grease the palms of their igwe and cabinet. But in all, I spent about 40% of the original amount demanded. Being a gentleman could be a vice sometimes in Nigeria.
/

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:48am On Sep 05, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
I don't know about Lagos but in PH when I had issues with them,I threatened to go to war with them--we die once. I promised them heavy casualties on both sides. One thing was certain--they don't want to die. By the way, that was a phone conversation.

I made contacts with their Vice Chairman, paid him off and had him keep his boys at bay. At a point I had to grease the palms of their igwe and cabinet. But in all, I spent about 40% of the original amount demanded. Being a gentleman could be a vice sometimes in Nigeria.
/

Omo onile in Lagos go learn work for PH. If not fire for fire, I don’t know anything else that’ll stop those ones.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 4:30am On Sep 05, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

₦1000 - ₦1500
Okay thank you. We agreed 160k for about 170 square meters.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 4:35am On Sep 05, 2021
Good morning all!!
Please, concerning tiling a house; are there things I should take note of ? What kind of tile is cost effective and at the same time has good quality?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 6:02am On Sep 05, 2021
n3xt:

Omo onile in Lagos go learn work for PH. If not fire for fire, I don’t know anything else that’ll stop those ones.

I respect those pH, asaba omo onile oh. They come gun blazing sometimes n have the backing of their community Chiefs self

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:12am On Sep 05, 2021
Born2conquer:

Amazing!

These may look good to some people. But for me, it would be as if I am under heavy loads. Looking at these ceilings may even cause me headache. I love my ceilings to be straight, plain with fine details.

The more complicated POP ceiling becomes, the more it looses appeal to me. This is my own position. Everybody has his own taste.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), DFAMEGUY11S(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.