Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,323 members, 7,780,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:40 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4296170 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) ... (3643) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2021
Good morning smiley house. For your Quality at affordable price Paint, for the best of Acrylic Emulsion, Premium Quality Value paints Product for Schools, Hotels, Offices, Hospital and Houses. Don't go far. Get your quality Paints directly from the Company.
Contact-: Mr NASS.
Coporate Sales Excecutive VALUE PAINTS AND BUFFALO PAINTS.
0163862804. Calls and WhatsApp.
A trial will convince you.
Have a productive week ahead.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:47am On Sep 10, 2021
ceelog:
Please why are we not also discussing the use of HDF double sheet as hardwood alternative for internal room doors?
A handful of people use them and so far I have not heard any bad news.

What do you think guys? I use style dey consider am ooo

@diodarves
@Kolashangone
@next
@true2home
@Egunmogaji

I've never used HDF for doors. I am currently researching solid wood doors for interior. Attached are doors from nearby that I'll 99% most likely use.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:16am On Sep 10, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Elebu or Omi Adio? I can't tell.
elebu I think the place is aiyedun oleyo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2021
rotecch77:
Here are locally made hard wood door I used for a member here
Those doors in the last picture, how much do they go for? And the names

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2021
n3xt:

Good road? What else is the basis for this?

Do you know how much a plot of land is worth in sagamu GRA now? With the number of industries springing up in that axis, a well planned development in that area is a sure bet.
Trust me, no town in the Southwest states is witnessing that much development in terms of infrastructure and industries springing up in the Sagamu - Lagos/Ibadan expressway.

I foresaw this but I never imagined it would be these huge in less than a decade.

Find out how Adron is doing in all the areas he highlighted, this will give you better idea of area to invest in right now.
I agree with you on shagamu also.
So also the Epe to ijebu ode is also good as I said bcs it’s just a few minute drive to lekki, ajah axis ( dangote biz come to mind here) also it’s good for residential due to its serenity environment, Good road, low cost of construction,( dry and table land,cost of materials is not that high I.e granite, sand etc)
Also there are higher institutions that are very closer to these area,
No clumsy movement
No noise pollution
No industrial waste pollution
No air pollution
And many more

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:57am On Sep 10, 2021
DancingSkeleton:
Those doors in the last picture, how much do they go for? And the names
Less than 200k then
The so called Turkish then was around 600k or so if I could remember
That was around 3yrs ago
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 11:23am On Sep 10, 2021
twinskenny:

Thank you

Chief, still awaiting your response Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

angry

I understand the country's economic situation has become worse.

But a further devaluation would mean disaster to our Naira.

Imagine if we were to exchange naira at ₦1250!! cry

Absurd

Chaos.

I just pray we don't get to that level , sincerely I really wish for lasting solution to this Problem.

People are suffering.

it's high time we start to support “Made in Nigeria Products”

This is why CBN has been padding the naira for more than 30 years.

It's just of recent the government started trying to encourage made in Nigeria to give naira a bit of respect in the process.

You produce nada that's worth it's salt.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2021
Please patronize my Roofing Business
So that i will continue that weekly GiveAway

Incase you want to support that weekly Giveaway with little amount
You can send Dm
People are suffering Country hard..��
Read more @ : https://www.nairaland.com/6543654/c.e.o-imranroofing-5k-weekly-giveaway/24#down

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
megacontrol:
And you think you got the same quality in the 25k Chinese equivalent?

Even a toks windshield for toyota or honda SUV don't cost 25k, let alone a RR.

my brother even me was shocked but what do i know, don't own one anyway.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
erico2k2:

U know, I can tell that some persons never import anything into 9ja from their stories.There is nothing you wont find in 9ja mkt unless you dont look in the right places.my personal story, I dnt know if you saw my range rover thread: anyways I bought the front wind shield for nearly £1200, was going to ship it with the car, o n same day nah so I say make I shift the glass small make I put something inside car nah so I hear chaaa chaa cha, glass shattered, I was so upset and frustrated. I called my boy at Lagos to go and price glass for 2013 range rover sport cos I dnt wanna risk it again shipping it in the back nah so E come back say Oga nah N25K both fixing and buying, I said are you sure he said yes Oga nah Ware house, Chinese people get big factory here nah there we all dey buy any glass. Behold when I arrived I only paid N25k, the moral of my story is this. We have the best of the best in our makt in Nigeria for Nigerians, its just have to do with the size of ones pocket and they way you carry your self plus expectations!

25,000 or 250,000?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
twinskenny:
elebu I think the place is aiyedun oleyo

Let me know when you’re there. I’ll ride out there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2021
Concluded and paid for tiles for one of my projects , all cdk , looking for funds to lock in the second ASAP

Dollars is at 545 this morning cash , transfer about 550 , hope peeps are ready for this next level sha grin , although I feel some speculation has Entered

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
rmx:

Concluded and paid for tiles for one of my projects , all cdk , looking for funds to lock in the second ASAP

Dollars is at 545 this morning cash , transfer about 550 , hope peeps are ready for this next level sha grin , although I feel some speculation has Entered

Looks like high traffic area tiles.

How much per sqm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Looks like high traffic area tiles.

How much per sqm?

Correct , R11 , bought R9 for the toilets

About 6400 and 5400 respectively
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kelvinjones66: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
Specialize in the restoration and conservation of London’s historic and listed buildings and monuments which are a fundamental part of our culture and heritage. We deliver the highest quality of restoration to stonework, brickwork, and as well as lime pointing we also offer a premium decorating service if required.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
Around Odolewu my brother, just for sentimental reasons tho. I am from there and will like to own something there one day.
megacontrol:
Same here. Which part of ogun state are you looking at?

Maybe someone can share insights on prime locations in Ogun State? WIll prefer to limit to ijebu zones i.e. Ijebu Ode, Sagamu, Iperu and the likes.
Epe or Egba are out of reckoning this time around.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
megacontrol:
And you think you got the same quality in the 25k Chinese equivalent?

Even a toks windshield for toyota or honda SUV don't cost 25k, let alone a RR.

I have a similar experience with my Lexus
CD audio player years ago. I’m about to order one from used junkyard in US that cost me $400 including shipments, when my friend had me taking to someone about it, luckily for me, am on my way to Matori to see his new printing company. It’s been over 13 years I’ve been to that location then, when I get to his office. We just drive ladipo am surprise when these guys rush to my car, one of them asked me what was the problem. I could not believe the guy fix the cd audio in less than 30 minutes and only charge 1k, my friend price it down to 850 naira I give the guy 2k for job well done. Imagine, that is what it could have cost me $400 that I won’t get done right away. Don’t let us underestimate those guys over there.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
rmx:
https://nairametrics.com/2021/09/09/builders-may-consider-substandard-materials-as-cost-of-building-materials-rises-over-20-in-6-months/

No be me grin

Instead of compromise, I’d rather do nothing.

I don’t usually do readymade gates. A visit to most welder shop to see the quality of materials used to build gates in most houses revealed a lot to me.

Now I understand why my gate stood test of time over the years while others are failing.

There are lot of compromises.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
rotecch77:

Yes it’s double sheet

The thickness of sheet A is about 13mm same as B
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oni POP yin ti de ooo (Plaster of Paris) installation.

https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project#101307210

Call or WhatsApp : 09122348437

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
n3xt:

grin

You know every naa. I am fast loosing the attraction towards this so called Nigeria duplex.

Simplicity and minimalism are now bae.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
hamtabfawaz:
Oni POP yin ti de ooo (Plaster of Paris) installation.

https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project#101307210

Call or WhatsApp : 09122348437

Correct guy! Simple and neat. I did this in one of my rooms.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
This pitch was used to sell so many plots close to dangote refinery...why would anyone be buying lands for residential building close to a refinery ..
Soon when dangote start to flare gas...soot will pursue them...

rotecch77:

I agree with you on shagamu also.
So also the Epe to ijebu ode is also good as I said bcs it’s just a few minute drive to lekki, ajah axis ( dangote biz come to mind here) also it’s good for residential due to its serenity environment, Good road, low cost of construction,( dry and table land,cost of materials is not that high I.e granite, sand etc)
Also there are higher institutions that are very closer to these area,
No clumsy movement
No noise pollution
No industrial waste pollution
No air pollution

And many more

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
twinskenny:

Thank you
Still awaiting your response Chief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Born2conquer:

Still awaiting your response Chief
ha baba already responded o

Here in front of your questions

Are you into smart homes too? Yes sir
2) the Cctv, does it cover motion sensor? Yes motion sensor
3)the video door bell, will it be at gate also?yes it will be at the gate with talk back ability
4) if the fire alarm sounds, will it trigger an automatic response like a sprinkler system or something? Automatic sounder yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
twinskenny:
ha baba already responded o

Here in front of your questions

Are you into smart homes too? Yes sir
2) the Cctv, does it cover motion sensor? Yes motion sensor
3)the video door bell, will it be at gate also?yes it will be at the gate with talk back ability
4) if the fire alarm sounds, will it trigger an automatic response like a sprinkler system or something? Automatic sounder yes

Fire alarm can only trigger FM200 not sprinkler

Sprinkler head glass bulb will only sense the temperature and burst, then the pressure line pipe release the water when there is fire outbreak
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
rotecch77:

Less than 200k then
The so called Turkish then was around 600k or so if I could remember
That was around 3yrs ago
for these doors? shocked
I'm hoping to use wooden doors for the rooms in my project then a good foreign or local made one for the entrance. I just finished the pop fixing, door fixing is next hopefully.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ngBuild: 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
Dining Interior design, i will gladly wait!
Hit me up
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
Please can you throw more light on the picture posted?

Can those bricks only be used on the tracks or can be used directly on a wall.

Kindly expatiate, if you can.

Cheers

Greenarrow01:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) ... (3643) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), Stamford007(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.