Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:43 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4295384 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) ... (3643) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:50am On Oct 06, 2021
Request | Lagos State Governor’s Consent

A sure plug for the processing of Governor’s consent should please get in touch with me.

Anyone with vital information should please feel free to educate the thread on this. I’m currently having one in my plate.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tsuccesssquare: 6:53am On Oct 06, 2021
Tsuccesssquare:
Good evening House.

This thread has been so helpful to my kobo kobo building project. I need assistance as I have been getting conflicting opinion on below and would appreciate if the professionals in the house can help me clarify.

- Which should come first after roofing - Piping of electrical and plumbing or German floor?

- [/b]Is it best to dig borehole now that we have rain or during dry season? (location is around Bogije, at Ibeju Lekki)

- Is soakaway better done now that we have rain or dry season?

- Which model is better - Cast the soakaway and sink or Dig and cast inside?

- What are the ideal order of steps to take after roofing to painting? [b]

- Got below quote for electrical piping (Three bedroom flat), kindly assist review.

U box 3pack 2000 6k

Lupin box 5pack 2000 10k

3by3 box 5pack 1500 7500

3by6 box 5pack 2000 10k

Cooker unit 5k

Coupler 4pack 2000 8k

Pipe 7bundle 11,000 77,000

Nail 500

Adaptable box 1500

DB 30,000

Labour - 40,000

Thank you.

Good morning House.

Will appreciate more response on this, particularly the bolded.

cc: n3xt rotecch77 spyder880 EgunMogaji2 twinskenny walexProjects

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:11am On Oct 06, 2021
@tsuccesssquare

Is it best to dig borehole now that we have rain or during dry season? (location is around Bogije, at Ibeju Lekki)

So far a good job is done, this can be done in any season.

Is soakaway better done now that we have rain or dry season?

Considering your location (Bogije), I’d recommend you do any type of soakaway in the dry season. However, use this period to arrange all materials needed as price of materials are always lower in the rainy season

Which model is better - Cast the soakaway and sink or Dig and cast inside?

This is location dependent. For Bogije, I’d recommend cast and sink

What are the ideal order of steps to take after roofing to painting?

I’ll share a link on this shortly.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:24am On Oct 06, 2021
Good morning everyone call us for your pop wall screeding…

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/39#106489549

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2021
You are all invited to the opening ceremony of our new branch office in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertiesByTes(f): 7:49am On Oct 06, 2021
The land you looked at today and wanted to think about until tomorrow, maybe the same land someone looked at yesterday and will buy TODAY.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2021
Tsuccesssquare:

Good morning House.

Will appreciate more response on this, particularly the bolded.

cc: n3xt rotecch77 spyder880 EgunMogaji2 twinskenny walexProjects

Good morning. I’m not familiar with Lagos so I’ll defer to the Lagos folks.

Traditionally you want to be out of the ground on your project before the rainy season when possible.

Good luck on your project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:34am On Oct 06, 2021
Jinko pro tier one solar panels available!!

Jinko Tiger pro series solar panels also available for order .

See details below for further enquiry & transaction..

Smartcell_Nuggets: One of the most exciting opportunities created by renewable energy technologies like solar is the ability to help the world's poorest develop faster - but more sustainably too. - Ed Davey

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:40am On Oct 06, 2021
n3xt:
Request | Lagos State Governor’s Consent

A sure plug for the processing of Governor’s consent should please get in touch with me.

Anyone with vital information should please feel free to educate the thread on this. I’m currently having one in my plate.

Thanks.

This can guide you.
You can call funsho Adekanbi on
+234 909 208 0039.
Please do your due diligence

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2021
Wk lithium batteries now available!!

Wk lithium batteries with above 3500 cycles.
Recommended charget current: 100a
Max charge & discharge current: 150a

5kwh 24v ..... 540,000
10kwh 48v ... 920,000

Datasheet also available on request.

Smartcell_Nuggets: One of the most exciting opportunities created by renewable energy technologies like solar is the ability to help the world's poorest develop faster - but more sustainably too. - Ed Davey

Contact,
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2021
SurveyorGeo:

This can guide you.
You can call funsho Adekanbi on
+234 909 208 0039.
Please do your due diligence

Thank you very much sir. This will surely help.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tsuccesssquare: 11:23am On Oct 06, 2021
n3xt:
@tsuccesssquare

So far a good job is done, this can be done in any season.

Considering your location (Bogije), I’d recommend you do any type of soakaway in the dry season. However, use this period to arrange all materials needed as price of materials are always lower in the rainy season

This is location dependent. For Bogije, I’d recommend cast and sink

I’ll share a link on this shortly.

Many thanks Sir.

Looking out for the link.

Appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tsuccesssquare: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Good morning. I’m not familiar with Lagos so I’ll defer to the Lagos folks.

Traditionally you want to be out of the ground on your project before the rainy season when possible.

Good luck on your project.

Thank you Sir, appreciate

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2021
Nero2424:

How are you able to use 12mm? You once told me its not possible or did u mean 16mm back then?
no u don't understand sir, if it's prepared for 12 with the aluminum pipes it can't be possible to use 16 mm to it sir, because of the sizes of the aluminum pipes,
But if we are going to use 16mm irons the arrangements has to be prepared with the big sizes of aluminum pipes to be able to accommodate 16mm irons sir, dats is just dat thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
Adron with big gate that can build a duplex grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
n3xt:

@walexprojects
@abulitech will attend to your request.

I have a concern though. Why do plumbers always like to go to sites with bags. Unlike every other artisans, their bag is always with them whenever they’re working.

Why?

______

Experience has shown us they use their bag to steal materials from site.

I thought it is only me to that use to experience it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
https://www.nairaland.com/6789081/suspected-electric-cable-thief-electrocuted
greediness.. he stole a week before and still came back to steal again damn!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
twinskenny:
greediness.. he stole a week before and still came back to steal again damn!!

Long throatiness grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2021
HURRY!

Pro solar roof mount set (comfortably takes 4 units of 300 - 550w panels) ... 35,000

Jsol 270w mono ........ 62,000
Upsolar 280 mono ... 65,000
320w mono .............. 75,000
JA 375w mono .......... 80,000
Jinko 375w mono ..... 85,000
Jinko 450w mono ..... 100,000
Jinko 535w mono ..... 135,000

Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
twinskenny:
This should be Treasure Park and Gardens i guess.

How's the development going there now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
twinskenny:
but underdeveloped estates

Sometimes, I do have a feeling all these estates are fronts for money laundering, they kept buying lands in HECTARES, Build gigantic FENCE and gate house, sign celebrities as ambassadors and before you know it, the CEOs have started driving Gwagon and lexus 570 with them receiving numerous accolades and awards but guess what?

The estates are mostly empty! We have several of such hyped estates in ogun state with no development happening in the estates for years apart from the Gate house, drainage and fence done.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AKArchitect555(m): 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
Four bedroom flat

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
Born2conquer:

Sometimes, I do have a feeling all these estates are fronts for money laundering, they kept buying lands in HECTARES, Build gigantic FENCE and gate house, sign celebrities as ambassadors and before you know it, the CEOs have started driving Gwagon and lexus 570 with them receiving numerous accolades and awards but guess what?

The estates are mostly empty! We have several of such hyped estates in ogun state with no development happening in the estates for years apart from the Gate house, drainage and fence done.
see eh. With the number of estates propping up everywhere, Nigeria shouldn't have housing shortage or at least it won't be this bad.

But we see the reality

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opes: 11:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
michlins:
see eh. With the number of estates propping up everywhere, Nigeria shouldn't have housing shortage or at least it won't be this bad.

But we see the reality

Please, what is the current price of 2.5mm plate sheet now? 3ft x 8ft dimension
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 1:01am On Oct 07, 2021
Born2conquer:

Surprise surprise?

Many of them in Abuja as well lipsrsealed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:42am On Oct 07, 2021
Badgers14:

Interesting..

But one thing though is having an idea and another thing is execution of that idea..

I fear that many of our very beloved artisan would not have the patience or technical know how to execute this to near perfection.

Not done yet. Already got contact of 90% of PMs, Homeowners, Engineers and Supervisors building around me.

With right tools and adequate supervision in place, my first time installer was able to pull this off without sweat.

There’s always unrestricted access to electricity on my projects (we don’t wait for clients to do this) and there’s almost an equipment for every type of work carried out on site and of course the pay is right.

I stopped manual operations several years ago.

Pic 1&2 - What the client got
Pic 3 - Installation of services ongoing (CCTV cable route established)
Pic 4 - What the client ordered grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:48am On Oct 07, 2021
#Ongoing | Modern Ilé Ode by NextHome

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 2:19am On Oct 07, 2021
n3xt:

Not done yet. Already got contact of 90% of PMs, Homeowners, Engineers and Supervisors building around me.

With right tools and adequate supervision in place, my first time installer was able to pull this off without sweat.

There’s always unrestricted access to electricity on my projects (we don’t wait for bluebird to do this) and there’s almost an equipment for every type of work carried out on site and of course the pay is right.

I stopped manual operations several years ago.

Pic 1&2 - What the client got
Pic 3 - Installation of services ongoing (CCTV cable route established)
Pic 4 - What the client ordered grin

Thanks for the update.

If you wouldn't mind to share the size of this build (area of installation) and total cost both labor and materials..

I know many people , me included would like to see a comparative analysis... comparing this to our plastering, screeding, painting etc...

Quick note tho, in your picture it appears that there was a board like structure just behind where the actual siding/cladding was being installed?
I thought the cladding went on directly on the exposed block work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:20am On Oct 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

This should be Treasure Park and Gardens i guess.

How's the development going there now

Yes Simawa the place is fully developed o!! Was there 8 years ago but now all plots has been filled up …

(1) (2) (3) ... (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) ... (3643) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.