Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,079 members, 7,807,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4363806 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2609) (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 9:21am On Nov 28, 2021
n3xt:

When designing for a client, I always ask for the ”must-have” and ”nice-to-have” features of the build to come up with an acceptable design that meets his/her needs.

Because I do custom designs most time, I don’t go with popular opinions but go with what works best for my client.
This explains the reason why the design architect should always lead a construction project. He has the mind of the project owner.

If you ask a MEP consultant about the same drawing, he’d come from MEP point of view. Likewise,. a structural engineer might tell you why you need more columns and beams.

The most important thing is functionality of the build.

Spot on Chief.
I'm sure those last two plans were custom made to suit the client brief. It's just left for the architect to marry the clients brief and functionality together to achieve the best

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 9:48am On Nov 28, 2021
Call or whatsapp me for your tiling work on 09036346989
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 9:51am On Nov 28, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

Sure, just search for alphamale bio digester on Facebook, I have a page there.

Whatsapp. 08165641857

It looks like am gonna be the guinea pig here on this section. Are you typing from the bus or still on your couch?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:00am On Nov 28, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2021
Jasobry:

Is there anyone lesser?
i get the one of 5k

20k 18500
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:22am On Nov 28, 2021
Horlardorjah:

Spot on Chief.
I'm sure those last two plans were custom made to suit the client brief. It's just left for the architect to marry the clients brief and functionality together to achieve the best

Yep! And this exactly is what makes the huge difference between design architects and someone who only sabi draw or use CAD softwares.

Some clients can even do better than some architects in space planning and conceptualizing great designs but what really happened is that we’ve intimidated them with “Give Your Jobs To The Pro To Get The Best” theory.

That’s why you see many bring their designs here for review for reassurance that they’re getting something practicable and functional.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:25am On Nov 28, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

Just search for alphamale bio digester on Facebook or even google.

Whatsapp

Sorry I already have someone doing this for me.

See when you're responding to a request made since May.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:27am On Nov 28, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 11:44am On Nov 28, 2021
somehow:

Sorry have been busy, but it's cool... Incase of next time uhn.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
Happy Sunday to everyone.

A blessed week ahead
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
topsy23:
Happy Sunday to everyone.

A blessed week ahead

Happy Sunday!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gokoyer0(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
Who is into boreholes drilling in Ibadan. Pls, I want only Ibadan drillers. You can reply me here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
Gokoyer0:
Who is into boreholes drilling in Ibadan. Pls, I want only Ibadan drillers. You can reply me here.
I can refer someone if you would want such.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
uncleteeh:

With or without caveat? wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
This right here is actually one of the first steps to self-regulate here (and the sector at large) if we are being serious about doing things right and different from the govt regulatory bodies we criticize daily for lack of enforcement of building codes.
But we all benefiting directly/indirectly from the system will never let that even see the light.

The day i suggested something in that line, some dude came in hard on me out of nowhere. When i looked him up further, he turned out to be one of those disguising as a QS but with no proof of a practice license ... so not surprising that he saw a simple suggestion for continuous improvement (to separate the wheat from the chaff) as an attack on his "workchop".

Once you understand this, then it is easier to understand why naija is where it is.

Also, one of the false narratives they push is that... the licensed practitioners (to avoid using pros) only have paper certificates and are not competent, while those that knows the real work don't need the yeye license (recall late Femi Fourscore made similar remark in his ChannelsTV interview) . This cannot be further from the truth, at least for Lagos state.
Infact, one of the best hands-on structural engineer I have come across is not only licensed but actually works with the state ministry.

The requirements to practice are defined and clear, the least we can do is comply. Then you can choose to exceed the standard if possible.
I don't blame these hustlers tho... i blame clients, project owners and decision makers that don't look out for the right selection criteria.

The kind of things people get away with here, they would think twice if something more significant like a properly archived historical review system or a practicing license was at stake.

We have to do better than the system we fault if we are to change this country, by starting with ourselves: Am I hiring the right people? Do I hold the license to practice in my field?

The reason Femi Fourscore took shortcuts is cos he knew he can get away with it. The reason substandard practices will continue to occur here is cos folks know they will get away with it. No difference!

We have to do better.

micgray100:

I know you don't mean to say professional Engineers and Architect...

I know you mean them baba lati that callls themselves engineers...

we always cutting corners in this country...

Cos we Engineers knows how risky our Licence is to us.... Compromising with contractor isnt in our profession....

You can see the way the consultant left note of leaving site for the 21 story building when the developer wanted to proof smart that eventually lead to his death...

Next time... Ask for the licence number of the engineer... if he misbehave, call attention of the professional body like NSE or Coren... he or she will be sanction appropriately...

Thanks... Engr. Gbenga

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tsuccesssquare: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

A bio digester cost #200,000 materials inclusive; means u ain't buying any material or any other cost aside the #200,000.

This looks cheaper than the traditional soak-away system.

The question that keeps coming to mind is why do people still go for the traditional soak-away? when this is cheaper and obviously require lesser space.

Anyone with experience can please share.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
n3xt:
@kiekie1

I need service of a professional solar inverter installer to help me do audit of a fully installed system before commissioning.
I’ll need someone who’s conversant with lithium battery.

I just need an external person to do this.

Thanks.

Ok nice. Kindly share details & pictures via contact below. Thanks

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
somehow:

interesting I would really like to know the pro con of the system especially in waterlogged areas

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
Tsuccesssquare:

The question that keeps coming to mind is why do people still go for the traditional soak-away? when this is cheaper and obviously require lesser space.

I believe is new in Nigeria my concern is blockage when people flush in undecomposed materials like diapers, pads, into it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
somehow:

Be on the standby sir.

we will be glad to be part of your project sir.

Sure on standby

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Thank you very sir all points noted
BrickDevo:
the design is not that bad, might need some rearrangements, i feel some rooms are too narrow and should have more than one window, Room 01, 02, 03, the users might feel a bit uncomfortable, but that depends if you will have constant electricity and provide Artificial means of ventilation, if the kitchen can be swapped with the room 03 better so you can put window adjacent to each other. A total of 4 rooms and only one is cross ventilated, that is not good.

For the mosque i don't know much about it.
Even as it is the plan would work but natural ventilation would be lacking.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

this is really nice. I’m really interested in it I will book you down when I get to the stage.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
[quote author=Tsuccesssquare post=108031652]

Ignorance is the cause. Most of these old men and women don't have time to browse through the net aside that most people till now haven't heard about it or seen it done anywhere.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
kopell:
this is really nice. I’m really interested in it I will book you down when I get to the stage.

No worries, am at your service anytime.

Just copy and save my number.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
kopell:
interesting I would really like to know the pro con of the system especially in waterlogged areas

There is a way we install that of water logged area, we use more materials and it's a bit quiet expensive than that of dry land, nevertheless it's still very much preferable than the old smelling soakaway. Digester for both dry land and water logged area serves same purposes and duration, the only difference is that for water logged area we will hardly dig the ground or just half feet digging;which means it's always on the SURFACE unlike the dry land that we bury in d ground.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
kopell:
I believe is new in Nigeria my concern is blockage when people flush in undecomposed materials like diapers, pads, into it.

If diapers can block digester it can also block the old soak away, we both make use of the 4 inches pipe, the only thing is that diapers, pads can't be degraded; nevertheless it's still very much preferred, it will still last for a very long period of time. Even when it get filled due to pads etc, u dnt av to call the human waste agency for evacuation where u spend extra at d same time cause air pollution, with Digester, the human waste doesn't smell..we just open it, wash the filter then it's as good as new again. Life is good. Moreover we don't give room for too many curves while installing, that makes it difficult for it to get blocked.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

If diapers can block digester it can also block the old soak away, we both make use of the 4 inches pipe, the only thing is that diapers, pads can't be degraded; nevertheless it's still very much preferred, it will still last for a very long period of time. Even when it get filled due to pads etc, u dnt av to call the human waste agency for evacuation where u spend extra at d same time cause air pollution, with Digester, the human waste doesn't smell..we just open it, wash the filter then it's as good as new again. Life is good. Moreover we don't give room for too many curves while installing, that makes it difficult for it to get blocked.

Enjoying your lecture so far… this should be way to go .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphamaleTech1(m): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2021
twinskenny:

Enjoying your lecture so far… this should be way to go .

Am fulfilled. Thanks.

Just don't forget to chat us up on whatsapp when the time comes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
Awka delivery took longer than expected… guess because of stay at home.

Thank God delivery was successful

Please send your orders this week…. We will delivery. Top quality and friendly prices

https://www.nairaland.com/6856637/twinstecks-electrical-accessories-sale-thread/3#108033570

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gokoyer0(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ok, you can connect me with the person.
uncleteeh:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
Thanks for your time sir, there will be two long windows by the main entrance and a roof window in the middle of the hallway,point noted with the study room, the hallway before getting to the lounge is intentional based on privacy,Mosque is intended for family and domestic workers
Horlardorjah:

This plan is not originally Nigerian. I want to believe it's a converted one.
* Mosque, gym, rm 1,2, hallway ain't ventilated enough but I believe this house will be powered steadily for ventilation purpose.
* Study too close to lounge for me except you doing sound proof.
* I have to travel through the hallway before getting to the lounge or is there any other access to the lounge
* Mosque access from outside too close to the main entrance n I believe the mosque is for the immediate family and probably domestic staffs only otherwise u need to consider security

Well, if the house will be powered 24/7, the only issue I will will be traveling to access the lounge.
Not a bad design though guessing where it's coming from.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
thank you sir,about the mosque the client wanted an access to the mosque from the main building
EgunMogaji2:

Consider security with mosque ??

As in ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (2609) (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: JinaduJosefu(m), holyprime and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.