Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4364677 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Chibaba247:
Pls good people, I am at the roofing stage of my building, I want to know if it will be OK using a steptile or metcoppo or any other type aside a stone coated sheet, as I am embarking on a flat roof design.
Thanks and God bless u all
In my own opinion, long span is the best for a flat roof design.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2021
Cost is a major determinant in the choice of materials.
Thanks for the input
n3xt:

If it’s exactly what you shared, it’ll cost a little less than 15k if you’re using 16mm rod.

Why aren’t you considering using square pipe or square rods instead of the type of rod you chose?

Note: I’m not a welder. I give price based on what I’d pay my welder to fabricate this as a contractor while providing him with all the tools he need to achieve the work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:45am On Nov 29, 2021
debeey87:
Cost is a major determinant in the choice of materials.
Thanks for the input

I’m sure you can get better quality within your budget
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2021
Good morning and happy New week

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:57am On Nov 29, 2021
Chibaba247:
Pls good people, I am at the roofing stage of my building, I want to know if it will be OK using a steptile or metcoppo or any other type aside a stone coated sheet, as I am embarking on a flat roof design.

Reconsider the flat roof design.

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2021
HURRY & GET YOURS NOW!!!

Multipower Matix Tubular Battery 12 volts 220ah

Multipower unveiled Matrix tubular battery 220Ah. It gives you long, life eco friendly, extra backup time & it comes with 12 months warranty. Please kindly send me your orders thanks.

Price: 115,000

Contact,,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ..

12v 200a .... N20,000
12v 150a.....N15,000
12v 100a.......N10,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver ..

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:57am On Nov 29, 2021
Good morning house

Taking recommendations for Plastering.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Your sure plug for renewable energy materials!!!

Canadian mono perc solar panels
595w .... 175k
655w .... 190k

Jinko mono perc
375w .... 95k
450w .... 110k
535w .... 135k
Era 450w .... 105k

Minimal budget lounge... Contact me for other durable chinese brands:
250w mono .. 55k
300w mono ... 65k

360-390w mono ...80-90k

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chibaba247(m): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Reconsider the flat roof design.

what's your reason pls?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 11:29am On Nov 29, 2021
Good morning house..
I was charged 5000 naira per sqm for pop installation (materials and workmanship), and 1600 for workmanship if I'm buying materials myself...
Pls house which of the above options is better?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2021
Executive wall Spanish products
super Polish

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2021
bobkezel:
Good morning house..
I was charged 5000 naira per sqm for pop installation (materials and workmanship), and 1600 for workmanship if I'm buying materials myself...

Good deal sir… and simple designs I guess?

How many sqm total?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:42am On Nov 29, 2021
Chibaba247:
what's your reason pls?
not every roofer know how to do it well

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
bolu1986:

Good deal sir… and simple designs I guess?

How many sqm total?
Yes, simple design.. 164sqm
Is it better I buy materials or should I pay him the 5k?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
Chibaba247:
what's your reason pls?

It’s a personal preference but prone to leaks when not done right.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
bobkezel:
Good morning house..

It depends how available you are.

I went with all inclusive for about N4K per and the designs were complex.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
Chibaba247:

I will love to hear the opinions of the house on this.

My opinion on the roof design or style should complement the house design. Meaning a modern contemporary house might have a flat roof
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nomyth: 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

If diapers can block digester it can also block the old soak away, we both make use of the 4 inches pipe, the only thing is that diapers, pads can't be degraded; nevertheless it's still very much preferred, it will still last for a very long period of time. Even when it get filled due to pads etc, u dnt av to call the human waste agency for evacuation where u spend extra at d same time cause air pollution, with Digester, the human waste doesn't smell..we just open it, wash the filter then it's as good as new again. Life is good. Moreover we don't give room for too many curves while installing, that makes it difficult for it to get blocked.

With the issue of snakes trending and people advised to flush their toilets with sniper, petrol, salt, bleach, antiseptic, and all forms of fumigation.

Question is, how does your bio- digester hold against these barrage of chemical weapon?

Will the active bacteria not be killed?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It depends how available you are.

I went with all inclusive for about N4K per and the designs were complex.
I think I will try to get the prices of the materials from the market and then compare. If the difference isn't much then I'll do all inclusive...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

If diapers can block digester it can also block the old soak away, we both make use of the 4 inches pipe, the only thing is that diapers, pads can't be degraded; nevertheless it's still very much preferred, it will still last for a very long period of time. Even when it get filled due to pads etc, u dnt av to call the human waste agency for evacuation where u spend extra at d same time cause air pollution, with Digester, the human waste doesn't smell..we just open it, wash the filter then it's as good as new again. Life is good. Moreover we don't give room for too many curves while installing, that makes it difficult for it to get blocked.
I heard detergents are not be used with biodigesters.... If true, how then can one go about it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
In other news. I was asked to give advice on a gate that has been damaged due to the nature of the surrounding environment.

I gave my honest opinion to replace the gate, but there might be better solutions from experts here. What say ye?

Pics:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
bobkezel:

Yes, simple design.. 164sqm
Is it better I buy materials or should I pay him the 5k?
depend on you sir… just make sure the use the right mood and the right cement for you.. very important

See attached picture… bad cement and the mould is light can barely hold pop light

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
bolu1986:
depend on you sir… just make sure the use the right mood and the right cement for you.. very important

See attached picture… bad cement and the mould is light can barely hold pop light
Thanks chief..
Pls which cement is best... And what's the thickness of the right mould..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
PrimeQuay:
In other news. I was asked to give advice on a gate that has been damaged due to the nature of the surrounding environment.

I gave my honest opinion to replace the gate, but there might be better solutions from experts here. What say ye?

Pics:
it can be salvaged. You have to replace the pipes at the bottom part with slopping pan. That way it doesn't retain water at all. If you're doing a gate in and around Lagos, kindly ensure that you don't use pipes at the bottom. Where if it's important to use pipes, cover it with angle iron of at least 4mm thick. That way, the effects of rusting will be delayed as much as possible.

See what I did here, instead of welding directly on the pipe, I got another stronger material to take the heat

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bring your plastering and rendering let’s compare..lolz
Our plastering is always on top notch

https://www.nairaland.com/3092553/construction-6bd-duplex-2bd-flat

You can follow the thread here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
Not only this
Check out some on 3 diff site

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmyN(m): 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
bobkezel:

I heard detergents are not be used with biodigesters.... If true, how then can one go about it?

Biodigester replaces the traditional septic tank but it doesn't replace your soakaway. Channel laundry effluent to a soakaway or a drainage if there is a good system in your neighbourhood.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
emmyN:

Biodigester replaces the traditional septic tank but it doesn't replace your soakaway. Channel laundry effluent to a soakaway or a drainage if there is a good system in your neighbourhood.
This is dicey....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
rotecch77:
Not only this
Check out some on 3 diff site

I guess you take up Plastering jobs too?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
somehow:

I guess you take up Plastering jobs too?
We take whole building construction work not only plastering.
But any one that comes our way either plastering, carcass, whole finishings we will be glad to take such

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dangoteinlaw and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.