Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4362588 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
sonnie10:
920 square meters of roofing on just one single family duplex. I don’t believe this!
I need a second opinion asap.
Location is East.

Smiles grin

I just finished roofing a whole church and we didn’t hit 500sqm

The pitch of your roof and the design might be the cause.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2021
n3xt:

Smiles grin

I just finished roofing a whole church and we didn’t hit 500sqm

The pitch of your roof and the design might be the cause.

I prefer something simple but they cant achieve such with the size and design of house. Check that spyser880 thread. Too many ridges and troughs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
sonnie10:

I prefer something simple but they cant achieve such with the size and design of house. Check that spyser880 thread. Too many ridges and troughs

Seen. It’s not really complex though. Just lots of variations.

Below is 640 sqm done in Anambra by Nnamdi 08062444363

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

The waste is biodegraded as a result of biological and enzymatic action of 'Decomposer bacteria' inoculated into the system!
Thanks for the response, I have a better understanding of it now. I’ve already past that stage in my project, else I’d have opted for it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2021
bobkezel:
Good evening guys,
Is anyone here using or have used polystyrene ceiling?
Somebody is trying to convince me on it..
Who has had an experience with it, pls throw more light for me... Thanks.

Although I haven't seen where it was used as a ceiling, but my concern, is just its flammability, while adopting this materials you have to take necessary precautions, be very conscious, don't use it in the kitchen area, get all your fire protection system intact and teach everyone how to use them,

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:15pm On Dec 02, 2021
Inspired by Design

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
@N3xt or Brabus

You're pushing me.

I have given you enough lifeline.

I will respond for the last time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2021
n3xt:

Seen. It’s not really complex though. Just lots of variations.

Below is 640 sqm done in Anambra by Nnamdi 08062444363
I am beginning to believe them because the house is twice this big.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
sonnie10:

I am beginning to believe them because the house is twice this big.
picture of the roof will help a bit
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
topsy23:

You mean polystyrene as attached in picture 1 and 2 ?

I have not seen where they use it as ceiling. The last we used is through the beams for our penetration pipes as shown in the picture 3.

The structural engineer go against using our normal pipes by cutting the reinforcement
Something similar but specially produced for building purposes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
abuiltech:

Although I haven't seen where it was used as a ceiling, but my concern, is just its flammability, while adopting this materials you have to take necessary precautions, be very conscious, don't use it in the kitchen area, get all your fire protection system intact and teach everyone how to use them,
The guy said its produced and modified specifically for building and the modification entails being fire resistant among others.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
aliyumobi:

I use it for my project in the Village, when I am about to use it, I asked this question but I didn't get any answer. Here in Abuja people are beginning to accept becouse is cheaper than POP. I wish I knew about it before now. Please Google it to be convinced. I am surprised with all the gurus in this platform but nobody is talking about it.
Wow, how has it been so far? Will you recommend it for someone?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
Good evening people, I will share some samples of wall finish tiles and bricks as I saw them in the market. I am only doing this to stimulate people's interest as they make choices for their houses. I dont sell tiles or bricks, I only build houses.

I can help with unit costs for the ones I have their costs, and you can ask the cost from our tiles dealers on this page. Good evening.

Most of these pictures are of tiles and bricks for exterior wall use.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
michlins:
picture of the roof will help a bit
The quantity of trouble were I don find for here, there is need to stay private
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
From another outlet, just giving us ideas.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:54pm On Dec 02, 2021
sonnie10:

The quantity of trouble were I don find for here, there is need to stay private
way to go
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2021
You can also choose from these, all for the walls......

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2021
How about these.......

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Or these

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2021
Frontal look.......

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
Spiderman don come oh

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
michlins:
Spiderman don come oh

grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
Still more to choose from......

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
@N3XT

Dude, when is the "free bike" arriving? I'm getting tired of roaming the Western states alone grin

Egun "poking the hornets nest" Mogaji.

Nice . Was on that road today , came from the other direction

Will try bike riding later when I grow up , Na cycling level I dey now grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
For the bold ........

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2021
How do they look on finished Homes?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
Nice, some will say.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
More still .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2021
rmx:

Nice . Was on that road today , came from the other direction

Will try bike riding later when I grow up , Na cycling level I dey now grin

Nice. I rode out for a quick lunch in Igbo Ora. Tomorrow morning is Oyo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:53pm On Dec 02, 2021
spyder880:
Good evening people, I will share some samples of wall finish tiles and bricks as I saw them in the market. I am only doing this to stimulate people's interest as they make choices for their houses. I dont sell tiles or bricks, I only build houses.

I can help with unit costs for the ones I have their costs, and you can ask the cost from our tiles dealers on this page. Good evening.

Most of these pictures are of tiles and bricks for exterior wall use.

I salute you boss.

You’ve consistently shared information on here freely.

Thanks for all that you do.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Would have bought a bike too o.. So we can be disturbing the neighbours.. cheesy

But my lower back is older than me.

No pain, no gain grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2021
bobkezel:
Good evening guys,
Is anyone here using or have used polystyrene ceiling?
Somebody is trying to convince me on it..
Who has had an experience with it, pls throw more light for me... Thanks.

If it’s for your personal residence I wouldn’t bother using it.

Opt for simple POP without a complex design instead to save materials.

Good luck on your project.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) ... (3661) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.