Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2960) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4360888 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2957) (2958) (2959) (2960) (2961) (2962) (2963) ... (3660) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:27am On Apr 25, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Can I send you email to get his number? I only need handles.

Thanks.
sent on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:35am On Apr 25, 2022
Dashlish12:
Good morning bro please we get some massive land at AODUNKURA (OGUN WATERSIDE LGA) For survey, dont know if u be interested in sponsoring and financing the survey. The land is just after ode-omi.

Are you from this area, I want to know if this particular area is close to olokola ( the new awarded crude oil site to one company by Ogun state govt … I can’t remember the company now )
Although I know Abigi, Efire, imakun-omi enroute lagoon to Ode-Omi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 9:36am On Apr 25, 2022
ARE:
CHRIS-MULTICRETE CONCRETES

WE ARE INTO:
landscaping engineering and interior & exterior decor

HOME IMPROVEMENT EXPERT RESIDENTIAL INTERIOR DECORATOR
HIGH QUALITY SERVICE DELIVERY
LOVER OF GOD

Pls Avoid the use of cheap and fake materials. just call now on 08134410562 for quality and guaranteed JOBS.

our price are base on region and state

LAGOS = 7500 per sqm
OUTSIDE LAGOS =7000 per sqm
the price can till be less due to the sqm of your compound so feel free to whatsapp us on 08134410562

pls the reason for the price difference in location is as a result of price in GRANITE STONE in these states

PLS NOTE:

---- if we provide all the materials( both local and foreign imported materials) we charge #7,500 per sqm
---- if you provide the local materials while we provide the imported ( imported materials + labour) we charge #4,500 per sqm
---- if you provide all the materials"( both local and imported materials) we charge # 1,500 per sqm

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 9:38am On Apr 25, 2022
gbadexy:

The pop guys and screeders would be able to help you out better for most of the quotation.
Total measurement would help them determine if the quantity is within range. They would know the current going rate per sqm for the application.
Where I can comment is the satin paint but I would need the total sqm to determine the quantity.
As for the price, different brands have different prices, some cheaper and some way more expensive with different quality.
yes you are right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 9:47am On Apr 25, 2022
Do you have an open space around your house and you have been scouting out ideas to decorate the exterior? Do you have a courtyard that is a difficult terrain? Do you care about your surrounding landscape, driveway, or your walkway?

Imagine a well polished stamped floor, with unique designs, patterns and colors that ties in with your existing building, it can make your home all more aesthetically appealing, leaving a lasting impression.

There are several surfacing options for your surrounding floor. However, stamped concrete flooring has advantages over other floors and can provide the look and quality you need..

Stamped concrete floor has a long lifetime without high maintenance costs, resistance for all weather conditions, frost and sunlight, oils and acids.

Our services are affordable, Reliable, durable and authentic. Remember, our goal is to beautify and only quality materials and qualified staffs are permitted�..

Visit us today! �

Office address: No 7 Mufutau Ope Ifa street oke odo opposite ile epo market Lagos city

Office address: suite F6 Elizabeth nmonye shopping complex opposite uselu market Benin city

Our products and services also includes:

~silk plastering designs
~3d wallpanel sales and installation
~wallpaper sales and installation
~wall mural sales and installation
~window blinds sales and installation
~pop ceilings and TV consoles
~wainscott wall designs
~wall screeding
~window blinds/ curtains
~synthetic grass
~professional painting
~stamped/increte floor
~interior/exterior beautiful
~project development/management

want to reach us?

https:///message/CTQDKY33HN3PN1

https://m.facebook.com/#!/chrismulticrete/?ref=bookmarks

Your call is very important to us

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2022
QSFemi:
Why is the 600 x 600 price high?

Don't look at it as eve will are sending you away with price it is what we meet in the market
Please don't be offended
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish12: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2022
rotecch77:

Are you from this area, I want to know if this particular area is close to olokola ( the new awarded crude oil site to one company by Ogun state govt … I can’t remember the company now )
Although I know Abigi, Efire, imakun-omi enroute lagoon to Ode-Omi
. Yeah Abigi is very close to the side (AODUNKURA) But quite far from olokonla cuz of the not so good road network(1hr30m i think), we can go through dangote axis to ode-omi and yes im from that axis (maternal)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2022
Please what brand of water proof tile cement can one use to close holes seen in tiles to prevent water passing through such holes.
please inputs and recommendation is highly sought.
Thank you all in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:24am On Apr 25, 2022
topsy23:

Why did he quoted for 6mm red since the 10mm is feeding the distribution board either from cut out or changeover.
Do u have a separate DB for inverter/solar? If YES that means he is using the 6mm for the single phase DB. If NO there is no need of 6mm red

Yiu can negotiate the labour, quite high.

Also, I can't see earth cable for the distribution board in the quote, is he using 1.5mm green to earth the building, minimum size he can use is 4mm/6mm. IEE and British standard says not less than half of the load cable should be used as earth cable becos. It serves as neutral if your neutral fails

So the minimum sizing for Earthing is 4mm?

Also for a socket where 2.5mm is used, 1.5mm can be used as the neutral, right?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2022
topsy23:

The plumbing quote is okay but I guess you are not installing water heater because no hotline pipe in the quote attached .

Thanks

I feel its much if its just first stage.

First stage means no external works, right? So I don't think he needs that much 4 inch pipes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2022
08022283035/07032186146
Amotekun777:

Sir, please, kindly respond with ur number on here asap. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2022
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Don't look at it as eve will are sending you away with price it is what we meet in the market
Please don't be offended
Thanks

Bathroom window is 27k?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
redgem:

Bathroom window is 27k?
Yes
Without burglary
2 x 2-27k

With burglary
2 x 2-30k
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Yes
Without burglary
2 x 2-27k

With burglary
2 x 2-30k
Thanks

Is there a significant price difference between 4X4 and 3X3 window, thanks?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Do we have sellers of unique kitchen cabinet handles on here?

Thanks.

I'm going to Orile just for this.. First week in May..

I'm also looking for kitchen hinges with "absorbers"..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2022
twinskenny:
there is a guy named Stephen.. he has worked with kolashangone before and did some work for me as well.. he is not on nairaland

Stephen is good grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Please don't be offended
Thanks

How's work bro?

I'm still looking for this..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
KolaShangOne:

I'm going to Orile just for this.. First week in May..

I'm also looking for kitchen hinges with "absorbers"..

Madu has the self closing hinges for doors. I didn't find for drawers there.

Maybe you can help me find handles there. I just want something European/Mediterranean that hasn't been done to death locally.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2022
KolaShangOne:

First stage means no external works, right? So I don't think he needs that much 4 inch pipes.

He did not specify whether internal. To me he did not specify whether internal or external
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Is there a significant price difference between 4X4 and 3X3 window, thanks?
With burglary
4 x 4-58k
3 x 3-40k

Without burglary
4 x 4-48k
3 x 3-35k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 1:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Yes
Without burglary
2 x 2-27k

With burglary
2 x 2-30k
Thanks

It is expensive shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 1:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Yeah, it's much he shouldn't need more than 7length,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
IDnoble80:

You won't pass your comment without snide remarks.. you don't need it sir.. be masure
Na so. But we plenty for here now. Including resident elder and his church rat girlfriend.
They might also benefit from this your advice

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2022
IDnoble80:

Is this your personal work or you copy from someone?

Don't be like brabus face one thing and do it well

I have seen you posting pictures of allumninium windows, selling of wood and iron, and building construction...
one road never lead to the market because I have access to the factory that is selling iron rod and I do payment on delivery don't stop me from selling woods i have at the sawmill to clients that want good woods, and because I do the above doesn't stop me from doing the work I learned before going to university to study civil engineering which is fabricating of doors and windows, so oga IDnoble I hope I'm making sense to you.

Don't come here and tarnish my image, God and the Devil won't set trap to cage your glory, just like it happened to Job, don't start topic with me, you don't need to mention me at all, you can see how much I tried my best to avoid the dramas going on here and some threads.

Please try to understand with all due respect.

Thank u God bless you.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
redgem:

It is expensive shocked shocked
good materials, quality service go with a cost.

Obe to dun, owo lopa

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
You may not know but I also do this

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2022
Paras011:
Why you Need Corrosion-resistant TMT Iron Rods for your Building

Why reinforced concrete corrodes

The strength of the larger parts of a structure is derived from the TMT iron rods that hold the concrete firm. Consequently, if local iron rods, which have low rust or corrosion resistance, are used to build a structure, especially in humid areas where weather conditions cause high level of corrosion, the entire structure is not safe.

Corrosion is a natural process that occurs when the iron rods used to reinforce concrete rust.

How corrosion occurs

Corrosion is an electrochemical process. It starts when certain materials, which are very harmful to iron rods, begin to penetrate reinforced concrete.

Electrons migrate from the anodic zone to the cathodic zone, releasing ferrous ions at the anode and hydroxide ions at the cathode. This leads to a potential difference between the anodic and cathodic areas at the surface of the steel reinforcement.

This results in the creation of rust. Rust causes the surrounding concrete to crack and become damaged. These cracks then make their way to the surface of the concrete which causes even more CO2 and chloride to penetrate the concrete and speed up the process of corrosion.

What corrosion-resistant TMT iron rods offer

The manufacturing process of Thermo-Mechanically-Treated (TMT) iron rods gives them enhanced rust and corrosion resistance. This is one of the reasons why they are better than local iron rods. TIGER TMT iron rods, the best TMT brand in Nigeria, have greater corrosion resistance because they have perfect chemistry and the right carbon content which make them to withstand rust and corrosion, and enhance total life of the structure from the time of construction.

Durability and longevity
Corrosion-resistant TMT iron rods will protect your building from corrosion whether or not you reside in areas with regular and high exposure to corrosion. This improves the longevity of the building.

Long-term financial benefits
The damage caused by corrosion needs a lot of repairs and maintenance to correct which will definitely cost you more. Constant repairs also reduce the lifespan of a building. A corrosion-resistant TMT iron rods guide against the losses that may be incurred due to the repairs.

Perfect ductility and strength
The unique manufacturing process of TMT iron rods gives them high yield strength and ductility that make your building withstand natural disasters and keep it strong for decades.

Peace of mind
Peace of mind and assurance come with the knowledge that your building is built with the best and high quality TMT iron rods. You will sleep with your eyes firmly shut knowing full well that your building is capable of standing the test of time.

Use TIGER TMT iron rods for all construction types

TIGER TMT iron rods have greater anti-corrosion properties than any other brand. This is enabled by the automated labs and the most modern testing equipment which are used to test the microstructure.

By resisting corrosion, TIGER TMT iron rods are able to bear huge load of a complete structure and protect it from spalling and cracking.

Click HERE for more construction-related blogs

Your rods are quite expensive...

Jeeez...

The quote we getting is not nice at all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
kalu61:

1. 12mm for inner pillars and some 16mm for outer pillars.
2. 150mm x 150mm for inner pillars and 225mm x 450mm for outer pillars (for those around the hall and both ends).
3. Only ground floor
4 Local (IGS)

I look forward to passing your test.

Are the local rods in different categories?

The feedback I hear is that the local one are not good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
michlins:
You may not know but I also do this

Reserved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2022
I use TMT iron rods for my buildings and construction work, they are stronger and right sized..

temi4fash:

Are the local rods in different categories?

The feedback I hear is that the local one are not good.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
hslbroker2:
good materials, quality service go with a cost.

Obe to dun, owo lopa

Story for the gods....materials that they term expensive and quality are actually the inferior ones... Only few sellers give exactly what they say they sell. Only few!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish12: 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dashlish12:
Good morning bro please we get some massive land at AODUNKURA (OGUN WATERSIDE LGA) For survey, dont know if u be interested in sponsoring and financing the survey. The land is just after ode-omi.
. House anyone interested in this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2957) (2958) (2959) (2960) (2961) (2962) (2963) ... (3660) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joetoocute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.