Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2974) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4367253 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2971) (2972) (2973) (2974) (2975) (2976) (2977) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:53pm On May 01, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Congratulations. What a way to start the new month. When you’re good, do good then good things will come to you. Good luck.

Thank you very much sir and amen

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 5:02pm On May 01, 2022
kopell:
Hope the cracks are not before the plastering, If notice any before, that a different case. If the cracks are after, it will disappear with additional cost to pocket. There should be no cracks after plastering if the mixture aggregate is right or the cracks should be very minimum. You’ll see secret of quality of work after 3 weeks to a month after the plastering. This are samples of good finish after one month of plastering
thank you boss, there are no cracks before plastering.

The picture below is when they are still plastering unfortunately I don't have a close view pic.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:29pm On May 01, 2022
bolu1986:

Thank you sir

We are going to be using abs pop cement for this project.. we won't compromised
That is fine … with appropriate thickness

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2022
multikolour:

The picture below is when they are still plastering unfortunately I don't have a close view pic.

Restricted air flow. Restricted walk especially when windows are opened.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:42pm On May 01, 2022
multikolour:

I love the simplicity of your house Sir. Clean lines and moderate size instead of some monstrous obscenity.

Well done.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:44pm On May 01, 2022
rotecch77:

That is fine … with appropriate thickness

I came to find out about this when making hikes to install my CCTV.

Some areas are thick and some are thin. Maybe Gypsum is my future material due to consistent thickness throughout.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 7:55pm On May 01, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I came to find out about this when making hikes to install my CCTV.

Some areas are thick and some are thin. Maybe Gypsum is my future material due to consistent thickness throughout.

Gypsum stays winning.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:59pm On May 01, 2022
Dominionng:

Gypsum stays winning.

Boss welcome back to the forum
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:05pm On May 01, 2022
Dominionng:

Gypsum stays winning.

Life lessons are powerful and rewarding. I argued before but I have now seen that it's near impossible for consistent thickness with POP. It's possible but it will require a conscientious and disciplined manufacturer.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Epzilon: 8:14pm On May 01, 2022
multikolour:

Sorry o

Did you say 109 bags o plaster this house?!

shocked

Was it not too much?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:45pm On May 01, 2022
I prefer the old thatch roofs because these new stone coated roofs generate too much heat.

Read, absorb and reflect!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:17pm On May 01, 2022
Epzilon:

Sorry o

shocked

Was it not too much?

Not possible
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 11:13pm On May 01, 2022
TEQ365VENTURES:
Experts in the house how do I go about this. Opic released acquisition . Thanks

No cause for alarm. You will do ratification. Just that, it is a bit expensive than c of o.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Epzilon: 11:16pm On May 01, 2022
topsy23:

Not possible

Exactly!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 11:38pm On May 01, 2022
Again?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 12:46am On May 02, 2022
SurveyorGeo:
Again?

E go dey happen until our mentality changes. Spending money on quality and adequate materials for structural integrity should always be encouraged.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:06am On May 02, 2022
Happy Eid Al-Fitr to and your family

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TEQ365VENTURES(m): 5:57am On May 02, 2022
SurveyorGeo:

No cause for alarm. You will do ratification. Just that, it is a bit expensive than c of o.
Tanks bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:21am On May 02, 2022
kopell:
Good design I should have direct my question of the floor size to you. What the land size it’s built on.
A plot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:35am On May 02, 2022
Happy Eid Mubarak! Taqaballahu Minna Wa Minkum

May Allah SWT accept all our sacrifices, endurance, devotions and offerings.

Arbo contractor Ltd (rotech77)

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:37am On May 02, 2022
SurveyorGeo:
Again?

Jesus, it's actually a disaster in the making as it's four story building. It seems like it's an older construction too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:00am On May 02, 2022
multikolour:
Hi guys, so there this three-bedroom I am building here in the north, I spent 190k to plaster in and out, with 109 bags of cement.

However, a few weeks after plastering I see cracks vertical and horizontal on the plastering.

When I took it up with the person handling the project, he said they are crazing and it will go away during screeding.

My question is: how true is that? Considering the fact we made use of sharp sand and ranged was used.

Kindly assist please

Let me quickly attend to this.

Plastering plastering plastering.

There are so many things that can lead to this cracks
- poor workmanship
-non appropriate mix ratio
- quick hydration
- sub-standard materials

Poor workmanship.
At time when non professional handle this aspect of work it can lead to this cracks. ( example when appropriate wall thickness is not adopted, when cement and sand is not well mixed.)

Mix ratio
Plastering and rendering comes in different mix ratio ( if truly you used 109 bags of cement it too much for this building means this can lead to the crack … too much of cement . Yes I was though this in sch as building technology student then and also as I put this into practice as a builder now to always check the appropriate mix ratio to avoid cracks) here you cement shouldn’t be more than 70bags to covered this building

Quick hydration
When you are in hot region or in dry season you needs to check how to do your plastering/ rendering reason why you must wet your wall before plastering unless if the wall is wet bit before … this wet serve as curing with this you will not experience cracks

Sub standard materials
Cement, sand even dirty water can cause this cracks.
Your cement must be in good state condition , make sure you used fine sand for your plastering more so don’t used dirty water.

Finally you don’t need to be panic a well mixed ratio of screeding solution coupled with good workmanship will solved the problem.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:10am On May 02, 2022
Let's wire this house..

Electrical
Cctv
Intercom

BENIN

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babadee1900(m): 8:24am On May 02, 2022
Good morning Elders... Where is this door locally produced in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 8:43am On May 02, 2022
rotecch77:

Thanks baba
Here is the thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6690499/construction-diary-8units-2-3brds#104526020
Nice work. I have gone through your thread
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:51am On May 02, 2022
Babadee1900:

Very very nice looking door.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:01am On May 02, 2022
kalu61:
Nice work. I have gone through your thread
Thanks chief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:02am On May 02, 2022
Babadee1900:
your local carpenter will make it for you. It's expensive something though especially if you're going to a very durable wood
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:08am On May 02, 2022
Babadee1900:

Presently Am working on same type of door on this ongoing project.
The down part is Turkish made while the upper door are Nigeria solid hard wooden door Only the frame cost 25k while the complete is 300k

I will post more pics when I Finished with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:19am On May 02, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:30am On May 02, 2022
rotecch77:

Presently Am working on same type of door on this ongoing project.
The down part is Turkish made while the upper door are Nigeria solid hard wooden door Only the frame cost 25k while the complete is 300k

I will post more pics when I Finished with it.

It's completely worth it though.

I'm still waiting for the rest of my wooden doors to be manufactured, 19 pieces. I wasn't aware it would take this long or I would have ordered much earlier angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2022
Epzilon:

Sorry o

shocked

Was it not too much?
they quoted 200 bags but, when I posted here I was advised against it and I had to take a leave from office to monitor it.
That's why we ended up with 109 bags, if not I may have spent 200 bags on the air

(1) (2) (3) ... (2971) (2972) (2973) (2974) (2975) (2976) (2977) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AllyPolly and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.