Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4361409 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3070) (3071) (3072) (3073) (3074) (3075) (3076) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
This is what we do..

And we will always so it to perfections.

Pop & wall screeding

Ongoing ibadan project

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
Regisster:
I must give you credit for this, I've gone thru this year's before now, even before i started my build, and like you suggested, I created an excel worksheet for it recently.

Great... Thanks for the kind words
I'm glad it helped..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Trippleblessing(f): 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
Please who knows how much a 1HP water pumping machine cost presently, and a good brand to buy?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
saydfact:

This statement is NOT true sir.... Actually professionals give prices in SQM for tiles... But because it might be complex to the common man, price / cartoon is more popular.

Just a note sir.... To mean he's not wrong to have used a more professional method of quoting.
Chief, I was referring to the prices that I bought my tiles, not the standard practice in the industry.
Why I made that clear was because I somebody gave me his prices in pr sqm too.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmadejust(m): 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
I'm still following grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
DISCOUNTED PRICES!!!

Auxano Solar Panels:

250w Mono ... 70k

300w Mono .... 80k

350w Mono .... 90k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
rotecch77:

update
-how we met the building
-how we re-designed it
-Progress update

Well done Rotech
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
sleamzy06:
site supervision and advice on purchase of materials

It depends on your project timing.. my schedule is quite choked till the end of August.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
The sample versus what I am doing.

Yes I can replicate your design by at least 90% accuracy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2022
Building Plans all Available...
WhatsApp (08100452977)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
Timtol:
Building Plans all Available...
WhatsApp (08100452977)
Seating on 600sqm....
Building Plans Available

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Olumighty123:

Are you chanced to make a survey somewhere around atan otta? Let me know sir.

Hello boss, if the survey job is still available, we can handle it for you. 08069018449
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 24, 2022
Pop cement for sell at 6800 any quantity.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 24, 2022
Olumighty123:

I swear, this is exactly what I've been trying to do for months now, been looking for a reliable tile seller, none of them seems to agree to the terms.

Only a small business will agree to such. Warehouses are paid for to store goods. Anyone who store goods for free for you may not be available when you need him.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 12:34am On Jul 24, 2022
Please between Isreali and Turkish security doors, which is best in terms of quality (SECURITY). Plain and simple is my style by the way, I don't like the ones with too much designs and drama. Security is key factor for me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:41am On Jul 24, 2022
MrOkenwa:

I bought some locally made tiles in Abeokuta ( victory and goodwill) 4 days ago.
The prices are given per carton, not sqm.

kitchen wall = 2900

Toilet wall = 2800

Toilet floor = {40*40} 3800

Kitchen floor = {40*40} 3800

Sitting room, entrance porch and rooms = {40*40} 4400(victory).
Goodwill is 4300. There are some for 3800, which are the plain ones.

Go and do the pricing yourself. If you go with your tiler and he's known to them at the outlet, they'll add 50 or 100 per carton for him. They added 100 for us but we were ahead of them. Imagine paying that for over 500 cartons. He doesn't need to give them any signal. Some tilers too loiter around the outlets too. If you involve them in selecting a good tiles and all that, the sales person might add the tiler's rebate to the price they'll give you.

I'm paying 400 naira per sqm.

Smart way, smart buy. ✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hamachi(f): 5:51am On Jul 24, 2022
olukaygold:

Check the top decking where the Storex tank is, definitely there are holes/open spots where the water passing through,best solution(cheapest option) is to call a bricklayer to re-floor the entire decking(esp where the Storex tank is) with morter and shine it.Note:tell the bricklayer to shine it very well,make sure there's no crack in-between, and the joint between the decking floor and the walls are well closed.
Thank you for your response aside the cheapest option what other option is available
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 6:39am On Jul 24, 2022
Hamachi:
Thank you for your response aside the cheapest option what other option is available
You can plaster the top surface of the decking with mortar mixed with waterproof cement or sealant for concrete. Same method is used by fish farmers to prevent water leakage from concrete ponds. To make it last even longer, you may also place ceramic tiles on top of the waterproofed plastering and then seal the gaps between the tiles with the waterproof cement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:31am On Jul 24, 2022
Let's supply your electrical accessories..

We deliver nationwide..
Best prices quality accessories.

Smart switches
Normal switches
Piping accessories
Distribution board.
Etc

https://www.nairaland.com/6856637/twinstecks-electrical-accessories-sale-thread

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 8:14am On Jul 24, 2022
sonnie10:

Some stores will not release the material if there is change in price. Just be very careful with whom you would be doing it with.
I bought 500 bags of cement fully paid at #3500 but time for collection, they insisted we add #500 on each, this was after 2 months.

That's for demurage and safe keeping chief
��
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 8:22am On Jul 24, 2022
Hamachi:
lay a polythene nylon and recast the decking(where the Tank is) make sure it's solid. after it dries,tile up the floor to the walls. And I hope the roofs cover the wall(block holes) very well?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2022
Let's Transform your space.

POP designs ✓
Media Console✓
Accent Wall✓

Call or WhatsApp: 09122348437

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:27am On Jul 24, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Chief, I was referring to the prices that I bought my tiles, not the standard practice in the industry.
Why I made that clear was because I somebody gave me his prices in pr sqm too.

Morning boss.... OK thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hamachi(f): 11:47am On Jul 24, 2022
Rany4all:
You can plaster the top surface of the decking with mortar mixed with waterproof cement or sealant for concrete. Same method is used by fish farmers to prevent water leakage from concrete ponds. To make it last even longer, you may also place ceramic tiles on top of the waterproofed plastering and then seal the gaps between the tiles with the waterproof cement.
Thank you very much a friend recommended TopShield.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 11:58am On Jul 24, 2022
Pls call or WhatsApp me for your roofing carpenter work my price is affordable and my work as a warranty and I install all kind of roofing sheet contact me through my signature below thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
Procarpenter:
Pls call or WhatsApp me for your roofing carpenter work my price is affordable and my work as a warranty and I install all kind of roofing sheet contact me through my signature below thanks
ask me your quotation I’ll give you the best with 20% discount I work worldwide my work reliable I’ll make your house beautiful than what you expect thank

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hamachi:
Thank you very much a friend recommended TopShield.
Yeah, TopShield Waterproof Powder should do just fine. Just make sure your mason uses the right mix ratio as directed on the pack and the mortar thoroughly mixed before adding water to it.

And also plaster the walls adjoining the decking slab as well.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NobleStag007: 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
Money dey where dey o..
Trying to complete our house

Remains aluminum windows, plumbing works and electrical work finishing.

A window cost 25k... salary xef no reach 25

Nigeria is really chocking poor man..

It's frustrating a swear
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2022
hamtabfawaz:
Let's Transform your space.
POP designs ✓
Media Console✓
Accent Wall✓
Call or WhatsApp: 09122348437

Very nice work. Been following your works.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
Nero2424:

Its a very useless business to venture into. You will enrich mechanics and panel beaters plus whoever is selling the cars for you while you dont even make a dime out of the whole thing. Your only profit is the name "am a car dealer"

I tried to reach your number but it wasn't going again sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3070) (3071) (3072) (3073) (3074) (3075) (3076) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: floshady02, lorhema(f), RockOfAgesAlumi(m), KEVIND and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.