Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4352852 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3076) (3077) (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) ... (3656) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2022
[sup][/sup][sub][/sub]
gbadexy:

Priming is basically a wall preparation before painting proper.
Priming could be in form of undercoat to prevent water affecting the wall, it could be in form a stabilizing solution to make a weak screeding or porous plaster more stronger and less absorbent.
Primer could be meant to make a dark wall brighter before painting or to form a thick film coat that can be lightly sandpapered in place of screeding for flat, sheen paint application.
Primer in most form is usually used for walls where matte, satin or silk is intended to be used.
Primer is not a one type product but different products meant for different purposes.

OK sir, if I am to screed my wall do I have to prime it before painting? Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:17pm On Jul 29, 2022
Godisgreatest1:
[sup][/sup][sub][/sub]

OK sir, if I am to screed my wall do I have to prime it before painting? Thank you.
No sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2022
[quote author=sonnie10 post=115196836][/quote]
Yes sir. Thanks sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mophor: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2022
Hello everyone
I saw a paint today STUCCO paint please who knows anything about it Or have used it before??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:19pm On Jul 29, 2022
bolu1986:

Option A is always better. But client think they can save enough money by going for option B but in some cases it won’t happens….

Pay per sqm with materials in labor inclusive then go to sleep…
Go to sleep if artisans are trusted, in many cases they are not. You won't even sleep, when different stories will keep one awake. stories like water carry pop power away from truck, low quality materials, thickness scam unko, etc. This are the reason clint buy theirs materials, clients must just have to take the heat, we can't win either way. We just have to do whatever we have to do because we need the job done. Please don't take this persona oooo, is in general behavior ni ooo NOT you ooo, my brother.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2022
Mophor:
Hello everyone
I saw a paint today STUCCO paint please who knows anything about it Or have used it before??

There are different types and most look great only when applied by a professional.
From personal experience, a few tips:
You have to consider that it needs a lot of attention, for example oil stains might stick and never clean off. Matter of fact, any liquid and other stains must be wiped immediately and if you have toddlers, you might notice the damaged long after its done and then cleaning it off the surface will be nearly impossible.
Maintenance is also not cheaper than regular paints.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mophor: 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
toyeoye:

There are different types and most look great only when applied by a professional.
From personal experience, a few tips:
You have to consider that it needs a lot of attention, for example oil stains might stick and never clean off. Matter of fact, any liquid and other stains must be wiped immediately and if you have toddlers, you might notice the damaged long after its done and then cleaning it off the surface will be nearly impossible.

Thanks for this knowledge
Maintenance is also not cheaper than regular paints.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
gbadexy:

No sir.
OK. Thank you Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2022
gbadexy:

No sir.

OK. Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
dbshaywhy:

Did he actually deliver a good job?....if yes, Can you please share me the tiler contact... Would have a job for him soonest
They're still there.
They're doing a neat job though but the person that took the job doesn't stay in the site on most days. He left 3 guys there. I won't recommend him please.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
kopell:
Go to sleep if artisans are trusted,[b][/b] in many cases they are not. You won't even sleep, when different stories will keep one awake. stories like water carry pop power away from truck, low quality materials, thickness scam unko, etc. This are the reason clint buy theirs materials, clients must just have to take the heat, we can't win either way. We just have to do whatever we have to do because we need the job done. Please don't take this persona oooo, is in general behavior ni o
.oo NOT you ooo, my brother.

Trusted the capture word

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:13pm On Jul 30, 2022
Building Plans Available for sale
4bedroom Duplex....
08100452977(WhatsApp)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2022
MrOkenwa:

They're still there.
They're doing a neat job though but the person that took the job doesn't stay in the site on most days. He left 3 guys there. I won't recommend him please.

Please give one of their number to us, it will be of help to the guys and to myself
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
Olumighty123:

Please give one of their number to us, it will be of help to the guys and to myself

The boss said he won't recommend them.. you still want number

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Baylam(m): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2022
Who’s into granite supply here! I need granite 30tonnes supplied to site in Igando Lagos state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
Baylam:
Who’s into granite supply here! I need granite 30tonnes supplied to site in Igando Lagos state

Contact supplier Nimot
She Supplies sand and granite

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by horlorbah(m): 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your tubular battery periodic maintenance .

Distilled water (1L×12 pack)
= 7000

Distilled water 25 Litres = 7000 (Selling free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = 1500 (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)*

Hydrometer = N3000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = 12,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon)...

All available at Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state/location under buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2022
Call me for your roofing carpenter and I install all kind of roofing sheets my price is affordable and my work is reliable and perfect with 100% warranty and I give out 20% discount as well contact me through my signature below call or WhatsApp either thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
Procarpenter:
Call me for your roofing carpenter and I install all kind of roofing sheets my price is affordable and my work is reliable and perfect with 100% warranty and I give out 20% discount as well contact me through my signature below call or WhatsApp either thanks
my price is affordable ask my your roofing quotation I’m available to work for you I work worldwide

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
Good evening Bosses....please help me review these quotations for piping of a 3 bedroom bungalow (plumbing and electrical).
4 AC units (1 each room & 1 for parlour)
2 Water heaters (2 rooms to 1heater)
The picture is for plumbing and the write up below is for electrical piping.

2 bundle of 20mm uk pip
1 bundle 25mm UK pip
1 highbridge 12ways neb
1 pcs of 6*6 England
6 pack of 3*3 England
6 pack of 3*6 England
1 pack of ubox dignity
1 pack of ybox dignity
1 pack of 20mm Copp dignity
1 pack of 25mm Copp dignity

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2022
twinskenny:

The boss said he won't recommend them.. you still want number
Nigerians can't do without a scapegoat. So that tomorrow he will be dragging the innocent man up and down that he recommended the tiler for him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
bolu1986:

Option A is always better. But client think they can save enough money by going for option B but in some cases it won’t happens….

Pay per sqm with materials in labor inclusive then go to sleep…
Pls can you explain to us why option A is better....
Something smells fishy....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
N3xt is not my friend and I dissociate myself with his fraudulent activities.....
But.... He is one guy that has a wealth of knowledge, asks a lot of questions and provide many mysterious answers where necessary.
I actually miss him here....
I wish he could do the needful and come back...

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
redgem:
Good evening Bosses....please help me review these quotations for piping of a 3 bedroom bungalow (plumbing and electrical).
4 AC units (1 each room & 1 for parlour)
2 Water heaters (2 rooms to 1heater)
The picture is for plumbing and the write up below is for electrical piping.

2 bundle of 20mm uk pip
1 bundle 25mm UK pip
1 highbridge 12ways neb
1 pcs of 6*6 England
6 pack of 3*3 England
6 pack of 3*6 England
1 pack of ubox dignity
1 pack of ybox dignity
1 pack of 20mm Copp dignity
1 pack of 25mm Copp dignity

Is your electrician doing half conduit ? The quantity of conduit pipes allowed in the quotation above won't be enough for full conduit. The other materials are okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 9:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
topsy23:

Is your electrician doing half conduit ? The quantity of conduit pipes allowed in the quotation above won't be enough for full conduit. The other materials are okay
My thought,but the Quotations are too much for Half Conduits.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
topsy23:

It's full conduit Sir...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
redgem:

It's full conduit Sir...

20mm won't be enough for the full conduit

3*3 box should be 4pkrs
3*6 box should be 5pkts

To have the below breakdown

Room 1
3nos 13A double socket
1no 13A Single socket at high level for TV
TV socket
20A DP switch for AC
1no 20A DP for Water heater

Room 2
3nos 13A double socket
TV socket
20A DP switch for AC

Master bedroom
4nos 13A double socket
TV socket
20A DP switch for AC

Kitchen
4nos 13A double socket
1no 20A DP switch for water heater
1no cooker unit
1no 15A socket

Sitting room
4nos 13A double socket
1no 13A single at high level
TV socket

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2022
topsy23:

20mm won't be enough for the full conduit

3*3 box should be 4pkrs
3*6 box should be 5pkts
I should remove 1 pack of 3*6 and 2 packs of 3*3?
What should I add? Extra 20mm or 25mm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2022
redgem:

I should remove 1 pack of 3*6 and 2 packs of 3*3?
What should I add? Extra 20mm or 25mm?

I need to understand how many lighting point you proposed for each room sitting room, kitchen, etc to know the quantity
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
dapotemi:

But some will pay per sqm and you'll still be quoting transport and logistic after charging per square mtr

Please note: Logistics cost for materials is already included in Pay per Sqm.

You can only pay transport fare (which is meant to transport the workers from farther location) if your workers are moving from : let's say ( Lagos to Abuja) (Delta to Kaduna) etc.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2022
shamack:
Hello great builders,

I have a plot of land sized 45x100

I will like to seek you guys advice on what kind of building is best on it having in mind that it is for rent.

Should I go for 2bedroom flats
Or single bedroom flats

Then how many flats can it contain successfully

It can even contain 3 bed. Just mention what you want and let's see if we can work it out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3076) (3077) (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) ... (3656) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: decatalyst(m), jeffkennedy and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.