Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4360875 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3095) (3096) (3097) (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) ... (3660) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GKindustries: 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2022
The method of punching, as well as press activity in general, is well adapted to mass production. However, the initial tooling costs both for the machine and the press tool customised for a given job are substantial. These restrictions prevent CNC Punching Service in Coimbatore work from being used for a lot of prototype and low-volume work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
Call for your roofing carpenter and I install all kinds of roofing sheet my price is affordable with 20% discount call or WhatsApp me contact me through my signature below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2022
Procarpenter:
Call for your roofing carpenter and I install all kinds of roofing sheet my price is affordable with 20% discount call or WhatsApp me contact me through my signature below

Ask me your quotation now I’m available for you all wood roofing with roofing sheet installation all

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
sethtsadopp:
Please does anyone know this particular material I marked here? What's it used for?
And please help me access the price of the other materials if they are current prices or overpriced. God bless.

Cc Bolu1986 Cash1115 Hamtabfawaz

Good afternoon Sir,

How many Sqm is your space?

Please ask the person to explain these materials/instruments : Porteuese , Battles , miss robers !?!?!?

Ask him What is the use/function of the bolded materials, listed?

I hope, his not trying to use the bolded materials, as a form of extortion:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2022
Nachory:
Hello good people. I need someone who can procure & install Polystyrene Parapet on my new build in Ibadan. Preferably, someone who has done a satisfactory job for a Nairalander.

Hajji M.
Egunmagaji
Rotech
Gbadexy
and others.
Thanks.

Contact @Teewhy2

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2022
redgem:
Oga Rotecch77 good evening...please have you heard of Axion plasterscreeding products? If yes, what is your take on it?

If anyone has heard of them biko tell me what you think of them....is it worth it?

QSFemi
Gbadexy
Bolu1986
Somehow
Hamtabfawaz

it's a new product by axion,I heard it's also water proof & prevent cracking (Good for Screeding too) I haven't used it Before tho. (A colleague , who is also in the Construction industry, told me about it).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2022
Is this the normal tiles ??

Blessedsunny2:
Still your blessed sunny global
Thanks you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Is this the normal tiles ??

Installed tiles, supplied
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

it's a new product by axion,I heard it's also water proof & prevent cracking (Good for Screeding too) I haven't used it Before tho. (A colleague , who is also in the Construction industry, told me about it).

Okay, thank you...was told about it, haven't seen any reviews about the product online.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
redgem:

Okay, thank you...was told about it, haven't seen any reviews about the product online.

You're welcome Ma.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marygold(f): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2022
Good evening all.

Please part of the zinc of my house is leaking seriously and this is damaging the POP of the house.Please what do I do?as someone is suggesting we change the whole roof.�
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Good afternoon Sir,

How many Sqm is your space?

Please ask the person to explain these materials/instruments : Porteuese , Battles , miss robers !?!?!?

Ask him What is the use/function of the bolded materials, listed?

I hope, his not trying to use the bolded materials, as a form of extortion:

288.6 Sqm

That is exactly why i am trying to find out. I will have to ask the questions you have suggested.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

You're welcome Ma.

I contacted them but they don't have a distributor in Benin and no means of getting it down here...do you know what can be mixed with cement to make it waterproof for plastering?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sammyfabulous: 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2022
Malevonent:
Just throwing this out here incase someone has ever experienced this, and was able to resolve it.

The overhead tank in my apartment..usually lasts 2 to 3 days before........however...of recent, it only lasts 6 to 10hrs.
We hv checked everywhere, no leaks were observed, yet leak persists.
2 apartments + a security mans housr is in the compound

Kindly suvgest possible solution to this. Issue
please how did you fix this? Having the same problem now all the plumbers I got couldn't get the problem I guess it's one of the pipes underground
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 2:43am On Aug 14, 2022
redgem:

I contacted them but they don't have a distributor in Benin and no means of getting it down here...do you know what can be mixed with cement to make it waterproof for plastering?

Buy “Dr fix it” water proof cement. ✓

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:15am On Aug 14, 2022
Born2conquer:
ADVICE NEEDED, I wish I can run this on a separate thread but it is what it is.

I started building this house on the first land I got, a gated estate in a serene environment but electricity is bad (once in a month kinda light) and the road leading to the estate too is not quite good though the neighborhood is the most populous area in the state capital.

The Goal deep down was to build the biggest in the area so it was a duplex with around 10rooms (2 living rooms, office, library, gym, and laundry room inclusive) 8 toilet/bathrooms, kitchen, and store. And by God's grace, we were able to do everything including plastering, wiring, plumbing, burglary, and window with the main doors fixed, and we were left with normal interior and exterior finishing. That was when my eyes cleared!!! I became wiser and I already have like 2 other lands in better estates with better electricity.

The house became too big and my taste changed to something smaller and simpler, my mind already moved out of the environment due to the electricity ish and how populous the area is (the house is noticeable from all angles and it stands out while I am just a single young guy).

That was how I abandoned the project in 2020 till I make up my mind.

I went there today and my mind broke, the property and the works we've done are wasting away, and my money is wasting away.

I need your advice, should I complete the house (which will gulp 20M + in this tough economy, money I can use to do better business) and rely on Generator and Solar for the rest of my life.

Or I should sell it and use the money to build something smaller and simpler.

Stumbled upon this.

I'd advise, you convert to rentable apartments. Not sure how long it will take you to recover your money spent on the project (Depending on the area). But one thing is for sure : it's an investment that increases in value, so you will definitely recoup your Money. ✓

Godspeed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:04am On Aug 14, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Buy “Dr fix it” water proof cement. ✓

Good morning Sir.. Please how can it be used (mixing ratio).. Where can I get them? If I don't see this, should I get the liquid?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2022
Good morning my people,

I need your opinions on decision making, will 10M finish this building with painting (in and out) ? The up lintel has been casted, so project will resume at laying 2 couches till finishing.

- Front pillars haven’t also been done yet,
- Parapet (casting since I have some granite on site already)
-Roofing (Gerrad)
-wiring
-tilling
-pop
Screeding etc till the end.

Kindly let me have your inputs guys, will be well appreciated.

Below is a picture of the plan and the building itself.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2022
More from above.. looking forward to suggestions and inputs. Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joefit4gur(m): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2022
I am looking to do these designs. Could a professional please help with an approximate quotation.

1. 20SQM
2. 4SQM
3. 10SQM.

PoP Cement: ___ bags
Fillas: ___kg
Glover paint: ___ drum
bending wire:
iron range:
Casting board:
Nails:

Thank you!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 11:17am On Aug 14, 2022
Twostep:
Good morning my people,

I need your opinions on decision making, will 10M finish this building with painting (in and out) ? The up lintel has been casted, so project will resume at laying 2 couches till finishing.

-Roofing (Gerrad)
-wiring
-tilling
-pop

it should, starting from tbis stage, it should and even more

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 11:18am On Aug 14, 2022
Twostep:
Good morning my people,

-Roofing (Gerrad)
-wiring
-tilling
-pop

Firstly, well done on your build
I believe the advise members of this thread have always agreed on is just start, you will be amazed at the level the sum can take you

Can 10M take it to turn key level? (Depending on the level of finish)

Secondly, your architect have a done a good job, but please liaise with him to review your roof plan, As it is wrong.
So that you avoid heavy leakage in the future

Good luck on your build sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 11:32am On Aug 14, 2022
Is it the regular tiles for internal use? Or na special tiles meant for outdoor / cars and trucks
Blessedsunny2:

Installed tiles, supplied
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2022
We are still in abeokuta....

Pop & screeding

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
marygold:
Good evening all.

Please part of the zinc of my house is leaking seriously and this is damaging the POP of the house.Please what do I do?as someone is suggesting we change the whole roof.�

Why don't you ask your carpenter to identify the part that is leaking and you change the exact location instead of changing the entire roof.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Is it the regular tiles for internal use? Or na special tiles meant for outdoor / cars and trucks
Your Spanish product still in stock (blessedsunny2)
No body has power to stop what you've been blessed with.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2022
KIDfurniture:
60 by 120
Installed compound floor tiles, Spanish product or you can also make use of it interior
Wall design.
Nobody has the power to stop what God has been blessed with.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2022
joefit4gur:
I am looking to do these designs. Could a professional please help with an approximate quotation.

1. 20SQM
2. 4SQM
3. 10SQM.

PoP Cement: ___ bags
Fillas: ___kg
Glover paint: ___ drum
bending wire:
iron range:
Casting board:
Nails:

Thank you!

34sqm

With the designs
18bag of cement
20kg filas
5kg binding wire or less
Nail 2 Parket

What do you need paint for? Screeding?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise-deal-kinds

Get your quality south Africa bricks from us with affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alibiz: 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2022
abouzaid:
can one build a four bedroom all en suite bungalow with two and half million or less? I'm doing a cost analysis and it's looking possible from my analysis. what's your views on that? i would give my analysis later after hearing some of your views. my labourers would be sourced exclusively from the north where labour is extremely cheap and the house would not include any fancy works. details later but lets hear your views first.
With the high cost of building material in the country 2.5m will not complete your job.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2022
alibiz:

With the high cost of building material in the country 2.5m will not complete your job.
Did you have a look at the date that post was made? cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2022
BRAND NEW CANADIAN SOLAR PANELS AVAILABLE!!!

Canadian mono perc solar panels:
375w ..... 129,500
415w ..... 142,000
545w ..... 182,500
595w ..... 199,500
655w ..... 212,500

Gennex Axpert inverters:
1.2kva 12v "50a solar" ......82,0000
2kva 24v "1500w mppt" ... 260,000
3kw 24v "1500w mppt" .... 320,000

5kw 48v vmIII "5000w mppt & inbuilt WiFi monitoring" .... 500,000

5kw 48v king "4000w mppt, parallel feature & inbuilt Bluetooth,zero transfer time" ..... 520,000

5kw 48v mks zero "4000w mppt & zero transfer time with parallel feature" ..... 550,000

5kw 48v mks III "5000w mppt & inbuilt wifi, battery independent with parallel feature" ..... 555,000

6kw 48v vmIII twin "6000w mppt & inbuilt wifi, battery independent" ..... 600,000

8kw 48v vmIII twin "8000w mppt & inbuilt wifi, battery independent , parallel feature" ..... 750,000

10kva 48v 3 phase infini solar "14,850 mppt with parallel feature " .... 2m

Parellel kit for 5kva 48v ..... 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

(1) (2) (3) ... (3095) (3096) (3097) (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) ... (3660) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stamford007(m), oduncojamaica(m), KEVIND and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.