Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4367501 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3105) (3106) (3107) (3108) (3109) (3110) (3111) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2022
flexyonline:
The level of the balcony compared to inside the house, I thought it should be reverse i.e. inside higher?

Look close

There's a stopper for water in front of the door, not same level sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2022
Cold141114:

Look close

There's a stopper for water in front of the door, not same level sir
Sorry I don’t see the stopper

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2022
flexyonline:
Sorry I don’t see the stopper

Zoom the picture, it's stoper that's making it look like the balcony is higher

Modified: infact check the pictures well the inside is high than the balcony

The Original Poster can testify to this if I'm wrong
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2022
Alhamudulilahi back and better on Nairaland

MOD u no show love ooo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2022
money121:
Alhamudulilahi back and better on Nairaland

MOD u no show love ooo

welcome back

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
twinskenny:

welcome back
Jazakulai kharan oga mi sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2022
I got to my site yesterday inside heavy rain. It's a block of terraces with all external work being done by the developer. I noticed several leaking points in the roof at the master bedroom in the 2nd Floor. They told us they used 0.55 aluminum but I highly doubt it. They were probably sold fake or something, cos I noticed the sheets looked light. I don't know what's the solution to a problem like this. My POP people are already molding downstairs ready to start fixing sometime towards the end of the week but with leakage in the roof, it's a major problem. I plan to put about 27 solar panels on this same roof later on. Is it advisable to change the whole roof (this has to come out of my pocket) or just try to fix the leaking points (I'm sure this is what the developer will suggest when I bring it up).

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
sethtsadopp:
I got to my site yesterday inside heavy rain. It's a block of terraces with all external work being done by the developer. I noticed several leaking points in the roof at the master bedroom in the 2nd Floor. They told us they used 0.55 aluminum but I highly doubt it. They were probably sold fake or something, cos I noticed the sheets looked light. I don't know what's the solution to a problem like this. My POP people are already molding downstairs ready to start fixing sometime towards the end of the week but with leakage in the roof, it's a major problem. I plan to put about 27 solar panels on this same roof later on. Is it advisable to change the whole roof (this has to come out of my pocket) or just try to fix the leaking points (I'm sure this is what the developer will suggest when I bring it up).

If you have the money you can go ahead to change the entire roofing sheet. Also the POP vendor need to wait until you rectify the issue on ground to avoid rework
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmywale(m): 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
LANDBFOR SALE AT MOWE
1FULL PLOT OF LAND AT FIYINFOLUWA CRESCENT ,OFF OGUNRUN RD,CLOSED TO THE BUSSTOP ( FENCED WITH DEED AND SURVEY
PRICE IS 9M
2. acres of land of land for sell at Omu aleku in mowe @1.2m per plot
3.two bedroom and open land forsale @ mayegun , mowe price 15m
call wale on 08097940078 for inspection
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 12:09am On Aug 23, 2022
Plz what’s the measurement of the board used for the fascia and what material did you use for the clidding that has the color white

rotecch77:
No comment
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:23am On Aug 23, 2022
flexyonline:
The level of the balcony compared to inside the house, I thought it should be reverse i.e. inside higher?

Look at the frame of the door downward.
You will see the reverse you talked about.
The inside is higher than the floor of the balcony.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Prudency045: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Sorry about this. Developer and doing shoddy jobs are like 5&6. Always looking for ways to get 100% profit. I suggest you call their attention to it and let them rectify the problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:58am On Aug 23, 2022
Cold141114:

Zoom the picture, it's stoper that's making it look like the balcony is higher

Modified: infact check the pictures well the inside is high than the balcony

The Original Poster can testify to this if I'm wrong

You are absolutely right bro.
More so I will give you call soon about tiling job… I will marge you with my tiler as team work
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Plz what’s the measurement of the board used for the fascia and what material did you use for the clidding that has the color white

The board is 10inches , I also used Sheet rock for the cladding, I Screeded it then painted it white colour
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2022
House anyone used the China internal doors here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 9:02am On Aug 23, 2022
rotecch77:

More so I will give you call soon about tiling job… I will marge you with my tiler as team work

You are doing well. Well-done!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2022
folmus:

Look at the frame of the door downward.
You will see the reverse you talked about.
The inside is higher than the floor of the balcony.

Oga you get eagle eyes oo

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by safeopportunity(m): 9:06am On Aug 23, 2022
I have piggrey homes for rent, Rent a piggery home in Abeokuta today for as low as $10 per Annul per Breed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2022
Hello my people,

Nigeria is showing me pepper of recent. I got one land in an estate still within Ibeju-Lekki and I got allocated last year December or so. A few months later, we got news that another RE company came to claim the whole estate. (This estate is covered with genuine global C of O).

Since then (March 2022), the company has been begging and asking for more time to either get the estate back or relocate us.

From March till now, nothing has changed, been intouch with all the major players in the company (MD, CTO, secretary and even their lawyer), yet begging and stories are what I keep getting.

Can anyone recommend a better approach to getting my refund or at least getting another land without going the legal route?

I have 2 cases in court already (LAG and PH), one from last year June and another from July this year and I don't like the progress at all (Too much adjournments and excuses from the sitting judges and registrars) apart from the money it keeps taking from me.

Is the court the only way here? (Actually told their lawyer I was going to serve them papers but he said it will only prolong the matter).

Make una advise me abeg, this country is giving me some serious double mind.

Anyone with similar experience and how was it resolved?

Not sure if I made a mistake believing in this country.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2022
rotecch77:

I'll really appreciate sir
Thanks so much........ Even if your tiler want me as join man....... Just to survive sir......
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2022
Aforxzy:
I saw this poorly constructed staircase with a waist of about 2 inches.

The waist of a reinforced concrete staircase is very important cos the steps (risers and threads) rest on it. The thickness should be sufficient enough to carry the weight on it. Most times we assume a thickness of 6 inches or more depending on the span of the flight.

This particular staircase will most likely fail when the props are removed.

Engr’s
Ayedórú them
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 11:07am On Aug 23, 2022
Which one is sheet rocks my boss ? Is it the regular abestos? Please school me sir . Thanks n advance

rotecch77:

The board is 10inches , I also used Sheet rock for the cladding, I Screeded it then painted it white colour
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Malcolm96(m): 11:13am On Aug 23, 2022
100 by 100 land and situated at obagie- Nokenkporo community Km 12 benin/abraka Road ikpoba okha LGA via benin city ….. behind Chinese company and more!
Hot deals ��

Twitter:@nariapablo
WhatsApp: ‪+233 24 092 5390‬
Call number:08155340520
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by timbros(m): 11:43am On Aug 23, 2022
Good morning guys. Please I need a small info before making a decision.

What can be built on a 25/100 half plot of land. Not a renting apartment but a home for a family of 5, maybe 6. With potentially 2 cars (one car for sure. Then maybe 2 cars later).

Will the land size be enough?

Thanks all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2022
I was scared of my wires. I'm planning to connect to the national grid asap, even though the building itself is not ready to be occupied.
Well, they eventually served me breakfast.
My pumping machine was stolen in the site. It's installed inside the deep well (20 meters deep). They removed the machine and left with the entire connection system. I was planning to leave the site for about 2 months before going back to finish the remaining works but then, I was shown a building in the neighborhood. It was built last year. The entire electric cables of that house was stolen with so much damage done to the interior of the house during the process of stealing the wires.
I don't even know whom to suspect. I just know that it won't end well for whoever did that to me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2022
KIDfurniture:
Which one is sheet rocks my boss ? Is it the regular abestos? Please school me sir . Thanks n advance

Fiber cement… not regular asbestos

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2022
Rany4all:
Yes o, quite scary...I just wonder if plaster/gypsum board ceilings crash as much as our on-site produced POP ceilings do, because if they don't, then some of us, especially those not too keen on elaborate designs, may actually prefer spending that little extra just for the peace of mind.

I understand your Concern Sir, But I'd Recommend POP over Plaster board, As long as you've got a reliable Installer.

We're still here & available.
https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project/5#114907775
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
sethtsadopp:

A problem that needs serious attention, for now tell your pop guys not to fix yet, POP should not be in contact with water, once it's hanged, it could weaken it & become another reason for Pop to crash. Another fact about POP: (The dryer it becomes, The Stronger it gets).

Solution: Fix leaking roof at all costs. (You could ask a professional to help you check out the leaking portion, & check every other parts for leakage, it should be thoroughly inspected).
Cc: @Money121
@Procarpenter

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
MrOkenwa:
I was scared of my wires. I'm planning to connect to the national grid asap, even though the building itself is not ready to be occupied.
Well, they eventually served me breakfast.
My pumping machine was stolen in the site. It's installed inside the deep well (20 meters deep). They removed the machine and left with the entire connection system. I was planning to leave the site for about 2 months before going back to finish the remaining works but then, I was shown a building in the neighborhood. It was built last year. The entire electric cables of that house was stolen with so much damage done to the interior of the house during the process of stealing the wires.
I don't even know whom to suspect. I just know that it won't end well for whoever did that to me.

Wire Theft Again.. !!!
Sorry about your experience Sir, May Almighty God replenish your pocket.

Solution: I think you should hire a security guard, who can intensely monitor the site.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2022
bolu1986:
Pop crashing? Na

I don't joke with standard thickness

@rotech thanks for hosting us here
well done boss, I can see u have started working there,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2022
Contact Maplewood Furniture Nigeria Enterprises for your home furniture

08022283035/07032186146
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
Well done Mr rotecch,
rotecch77:
No comment

(1) (2) (3) ... (3105) (3106) (3107) (3108) (3109) (3110) (3111) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timelineinc, RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.