Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4364463 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) (3165) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
Good evening everyone... Please how can I remove cement stains from doors and windows?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2022
MrDraey:
Nope, just something very simple

its okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2022
Thank you
bolu1986:

its okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2022
[quote author=Hajivince post=117400617][/quote]

I'm not sure communication is the cause of this. If this was noticed DURING casting like you said, why was the casting not part suspended there and then, part evacuate the wet concrete, strengthen/prop the section properly and resume casting?

Again if this was during casting, why go on to lay blocks (load) on the section assumably 21 days later like Aforxzy observed? Or is it the picture?

Or it is not during casting and the safe mandatory 21 days cure time wasn't observed before laying blocks/load on the section?

For me, I will submit the structural drawings to an independent structural engineer to re- evaluate to ensure it is not a structural design flaw. This things happen. It is only when I'm sure it is not a structural design flaw will I move to correcting the cast.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:31pm On Oct 09, 2022
Billyjim:
Hello Guys,

I need a furniture guy to help install kitchen cabinet and wardrobe in Agboowa.

Contact Tilda interiors
One of the young female furniture makers on nairaland.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2022
Aforxzy:
The first picture is not clear enough but it looks like the beam has buckled.

If you are sure that the beam buckled due to inadequate support then all you need do is to break off the affected panel(s) , provide adequate support( (props) and recast.

However, this seems more like a structural issue than propping because inadequate props would have caused the whole panel to collapse during or immediately after casting cos of the weight of the concrete.

From the picture, there are blocks already laid on the slab and the supporting props have been removed so it couldn't have been the support that caused it.

More like poor design caused the bending under load.
I'll suggest your break the affected part and redesign the beams before you go ahead with the casting again.

can u post a clearer pix of the slab and beam?

Thanks @Aforxzy for the analysis. The engineer working on this is also here on Nairaland. He seems to have been busy with family engagements over the weekend.
He can explain what happened and the solution he proffered.
@hajivince please let's discuss this here with other professionals.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2022
diordaves:

I'm not sure communication is the cause of this. If this was noticed DURING casting like you said, why was the casting not part suspended there and then, part evacuate the wet concrete, strengthen/prop the section properly and resume casting?

Again if this was during casting, why go on to lay blocks (load) on the section assumably 21 days later like Aforxzy observed? Or is it the picture?

Or it is not during casting and the safe mandatory 21 days cure time wasn't observed before laying blocks/load on the section?

For me, I will submit the structural drawings to an independent structural engineer to re- evaluate to ensure it is not a structural design flaw. This things happen. It is only when I'm sure it is not a structural design flaw will I move to correcting the cast.

Thanks for your contribution but it happened during casting and we stopped that casting the area immediately and @3strikes can confirm...

We tried evacuation but we were unfortunate with the bamboos gotten as we couldn't get the green ones and we have to make do of what we have as it would have been catastrophic trying to do so, because the Prop(Bamboo) were trying to give way because a full 1bag mix load was concentrated on that area, so what we did is get bamboos to brace that area personally better and everybody on site tried to help with it ...

The solution we have in mind to get that place back on track is to re-introduce a base beam from wall to wall to get the shape back as we were able to use Binding wires on the day of casting to at least draw the irons up a bit so we don't have excess Bending (Moments)...

Open to more constructive contributions thou but it's not a structural defect as we followed the structural drawings to the latter...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mikanopower: 12:19am On Oct 10, 2022
We are still the powerfull solution provider.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 2:25am On Oct 10, 2022
Hello I can help you do that! At an affordable Rate!!

Contact
OX Furniture
09090040008, 080663377733

Billyjim:
Hello Guys,

I need a furniture guy to help install kitchen cabinet and wardrobe in Agboowa.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:27am On Oct 10, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 5:19am On Oct 10, 2022
Have a good week and May the Lord bless you in all your endeavors.

Biztech consult
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:30am On Oct 10, 2022
MrDraey:
Good afternoon everyone

Please help review this quotation for a 54.54sqm POP job.

Pop cement 22bags @7,000 = 154,000

Filas 17kg @2,500 = 42,500

Binding wires 1roll = 11,000

Concrete nails 2pkts = 1600

G-nut oil 2bottles = 2,000

Joy Soap 2rolls = 2,500

Total cost of material= N213,600

Labour N1,000 sq meter = 54,540

Total = N268,140

Very Good quotation: ✓
quickly give that person the job, before vendors increase the price of Pop!

PS: He didn't add casting board & Range, does he wants to cast on the floor! Ask him. (Perhaps he'd rent those & still ask you for money).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 7:05am On Oct 10, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Very Good quotation: ✓
quickly give that person the job, before vendors increase the price of Pop!

PS: He didn't add casting board & Range, does he wants to cast on the floor! Ask him. (Perhaps he'd rent those & still ask you for money).

Sorry who is to provide casting board and the range?. House owner or P.O.P Guys.
I believe it's your property, I mean your working tools and while should I provide you your working tools. Is like buying set of spanner for Mechanic.
"My perspective "
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agbolahan1991(m): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2022
customised87:
Hello...pls house is it a MUST to do german floor when building a bungalow on a dry land?
No sir
U can do half damp proof course with a damp proof membrane and fill with laterite
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agbolahan1991(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2022
B

Some of the stuff you said won't and doesn't apply to me. You don't know my background or the professional resources that I have available to me. If I come across as that I'll be a solo cowboy then you need to go back and read my comments.

I just won't be flabbergasted by a local champion builder or professional.

I intend to use professionals in an absolute sense but none is going to be over bearing and take over my site. They'll simply be a contractor coming in to do a specific and set task and leaving.

PS: I not only have a full set of complete building plans, but I've taken my time to study in order to understand what I'm looking at and I've had professionals here look at it too for conformity to sound building ideas. I avail myself to professionals to back up what I already know and have.

Apologies to bring this up but no architect will ever design a foundation based on 6" blocks for me and no builder will ever build me a foundation based on 6" blocks. I mean both the builder and architect are Nigerian professionals right? If the owner has immersed himself in his project and not just trusting professionals then the clusterfuck wouldn't have happened.

My architect who is on this forum can attest to the fact that I've caught some oversight on the plan.

This can only happen when you have a client that studied materials and in involved.
I would like to chip in on this
Am an architect
No building or design should start on a 6” blocks irrespective of the nature of the soil
It’s disastrous
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agbolahan1991(m): 8:17am On Oct 10, 2022
Danileinado:
Pls, what is the total cost of building a complete 3 flats bungalow: one 4-br flat at front then d remainin two 2-br flat at d back?...i wuld be glad if i cn also get d estimate...thanks
Do u have a plan already sir
Am an architect
I can design and also give u an overall estimate sir
WhatsApp: 08168400751
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:26am On Oct 10, 2022
Twostep:
Good morning house, please I need contacts to anyone that can do a Car port around Ikotun environs.

Will also like to have an idea how much the regular one costs as of now.. that is the 2005 design or so, thanks
I for say make I run am for you but your location far.

Something like below will set you back by #700k

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:13am On Oct 10, 2022
Twostep:
Good morning house, please I need contacts to anyone that can do a Car port around Ikotun environs.

Will also like to have an idea how much the regular one costs as of now.. that is the 2005 design or so, thanks

Size is 4 by 8

Talk to this person +2347036887546 New Age
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2022
Does this price apply for grey colour thick imported material
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Casement window with burglary and net..12mm rod
...Price for each window
[1]900 x 1400--53k
[2]1200 x 1200--53k
[3]1500 x 1200--63k
[4]700 x 700--32k
[5]700 x 1200--40k
[6]1000 x 700--40k
[7]750 x 1000--40k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2022
oduncojamaica:

Sorry who is to provide casting board and the range?. House owner or P.O.P Guys.
I believe it's your property, I mean your working tools and while should I provide you your working tools. Is like buying set of spanner for Mechanic.
"My perspective "

...if you give out the job as contract say 6k per square meter then i will be the one to provide all the tools and those accessories mentioned up there but if you are buying materials by yourself then you will be responsible for those stuff

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 10:01am On Oct 10, 2022
Enyinne:
Does this price apply for grey colour thick imported material
Grey material color price for each window
900 x 1400-55k
1200 x 1200-55k
1500 x 1200-65k
700 x 700-34k
700 x 1200-42k
1000 x 700-42k
750 x 1000-42k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2022
bolu1986:

...if you give out the job as contract say 6k per square meter then i will be the one to provide all the tools and those accessories mentioned up there but if you are buying materials by yourself then you will be responsible for those stuff
In other words, if I hire a bricklayer for a job, after buying materials (cement, sand, water, stones), I will still buy/provide headpan, shovel, trowel, rope, tape, gauge....

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2022
Wawu! That’s way above my budget, thanks my oga

michlins:
I for say make I run am for you but your location far.

Something like below will set you back by #700k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 10:34am On Oct 10, 2022
Will do, thank you boss

topsy23:

Talk to this person +2347036887546 New Age
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2022
Twostep:
Wawu! That’s way above my budget, thanks my oga

there are cheaper ones like the one I use at my workshop. Costs 300,000 and above depending on the size
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:29am On Oct 10, 2022
bobkezel:

In other words, if I hire a bricklayer for a job, after buying materials (cement, sand, water, stones), I will still buy/provide headpan, shovel, trowel, rope, tape, gauge....

baba go back to what i wrote... and this time read slowly sir...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2022
bobkezel:

comparing pop with bricklayer? and yes if you give a bricklayers job, you still need to provide them shovel and all. unless am mistaken
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 11:33am On Oct 10, 2022
Hajivince:

Thanks for your contribution but it happened during casting and we stopped that casting the area immediately and @3strikes can confirm...

We tried evacuation but we were unfortunate with the bamboos gotten as we couldn't get the green ones and we have to make do of what we have as it would have been catastrophic trying to do so, because the Prop(Bamboo) were trying to give way because a full 1bag mix load was concentrated on that area, so what we did is get bamboos to brace that area personally better and everybody on site tried to help with it ...

The solution we have in mind to get that place back on track is to re-introduce a base beam from wall to wall to get the shape back as we were able to use Binding wires on the day of casting to at least draw the irons up a bit so we don't have excess Bending (Moments)...

Open to more constructive contributions thou but it's not a structural defect as we followed the structural drawings to the latter...

@aforxzy and Diordaves, I also dont think this is structural related....What is the way forward based on his explanation? What are your thoughts on the solution @hajivince suggested?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omobenz7: 11:52am On Oct 10, 2022
Please house I am trying to do a wood work of a four bedroom apartment and 2 shop at the front of the house. I don't know how to go about it I want to do metpopo design roofing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2022
bobkezel:

YES Ooo my brother, the Engineer will spell out everything needed in contract including paint Buckets including line's. They are all yours when they finish. One thing that always leads to argument in contracting job out is inflate the materials needed, even after bringing the materials to your site when the job is done many of them will claim the reaming materials are theirs and will like to take them when they are done. I don't understand that ooo. I think we should have a debate on this issue in order to have better understanding.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2022
twinskenny:

[/b]comparing pop with bricklayer?[b] and yes if you give a bricklayers job, you still need to provide them shovel and all. [/s]unless am mistaken[s]
Bolded...... Yes, they are artisans.
Strike..... You know the truth

(1) (2) (3) ... (3159) (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) (3165) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m), Itzkingtimmy(m), AjiBussu(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.