Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365178 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) (3178) (3179) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 11:55pm On Oct 16, 2022
Olumighty123:
Let's be your plug to anything cctv camera.

Contact please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 12:10am On Oct 17, 2022
Successbay:

Contact please

070-197-564-68
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 12:31am On Oct 17, 2022
Anything cctv, reach out to us today.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 8:29am On Oct 17, 2022
Pls P.O.P men in the house, how much would it cost to make POP for two veranders that measure 3.5sqm and 4sqm respectively, thank you. Just a normal flat designs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:45am On Oct 17, 2022
Born2conquer:
Would we also cancel gbadexy and value paints if a client comes tomorrow to complain about a bad job? Would we make it seem as if that's how they've been doing??

Would we also cancel Topsy and Twinskenny if a customer complains tomorrow about a job they did? Would we also act as if we've never seen their good works?

Would the same be done to Michilin and every other guy here?? If that keeps happening, do you think it won't affect other professionals? Do you think clients would be proud to give jobs to people here?

When good guys here Bleep up, let's work on ways to solve the dispute between both parties without acting as if they've always been a bad guy

tongue Is is there any complaint about our services and products
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mophor: 9:45am On Oct 17, 2022
Good morning to everyone here,please how much do tilers charge per square meters because this tiler is charging me 250k for 90sqm floor and also 40bags of cement... Thanks in anticipation and wishing us all a stress free week ahead
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HocusPocus: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2022
Mophor:
Good morning to everyone here,please how much do tilers charge per square meters because this tiler is charging me 250k for 90sqm floor and also 40bags of cement... Thanks in anticipation and wishing us all a stress free week ahead
Most of these guys charges depends on the location
But 250k is on the high side
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:54am On Oct 17, 2022
You can contact us for any our services. We are ready to give you the best of our installations

Our contacts are:
Whatsapp/Call 08033643191,

You can also check our thread with the link below.

CABLES
https://www.nairaland.com/2326721/nigerchin-kabelmetal-coleman-cables/36

MEP INSTALLATION
https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/40

MEP DESIGN
https://www.nairaland.com/1804476/complete-package-design-drawing-mechanical/10

DISTRIBUTION BOARD
SALES, INSTALLATION, TERMINATION AND CABLE MANAGEMENT
https://www.nairaland.com/2668061/abb-distribution-board-schneider-distribution/10

https://www.nairaland.com/6980507/distribution-boards-final-sub-circuit

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mophor: 10:10am On Oct 17, 2022
HocusPocus:

Most of these guys charges depends on the location
But 250k is on the high side
Please I want to know how much that is been charged per sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2022
Mophor:

Please I want to know how much that is been charged per sqm

I think it's around 450 - 650 depend on the location .. that 250k is a bit high
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:25am On Oct 17, 2022
Olumighty123:
Pls P.O.P men in the house, how much would it cost to make POP for two veranders that measure 3.5sqm and 4sqm respectively, thank you. Just a normal flat designs.

Budget ₦45k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2022
Olumighty123:

Between 40 to 55k depends on price of cement in your area

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 11:04am On Oct 17, 2022
Location?

Olumighty123:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:29am On Oct 17, 2022
Mophor:

That's about 2700 per sqm Ridiculous.

Even if it'd staircase that's usually charged higher, 2700 per sqm is ridiculous..

Usually 500 - 700 depending on the expertise of the tiler.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mophor: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2022
KolaShangOne:

That's about 2700 per sqm Ridiculous.

Even if it'd staircase that's usually charged higher, 2700 per sqm is ridiculous..

Usually 500 - 700 depending on the expertise of the tiler.

Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mophor: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2022
topsy23:

I think it's around 450 - 650 depend on the location .. that 250k is a bit high

Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
LET US DELIVER TO YOUR DOORSTEP. FREE cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
Thank you guys, I'm in ogun state and the POP guy said he'd take 50k for it, including transport and everything.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2022
money121:
Deal Done cool Ikorodu here we come Imranroofing

Oga rotecch77 thanks for the Refer We Appreciate

For Your Quality Roofing Sheet Whatsapp 08085310359

Loading of Longspan Aluminium (Mentral Design) Roofing Sheet to Ikorodu Lagos State

Kindly Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Kindly promote us by RT

Colour: Nut-Brown

0.55mm

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by okeysoninv: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Mophor:
lol, if you're in the east my tiller can do for you #300 to #400 per square meters

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2022
We're available...... let's set up your kitchen Space.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:03pm On Oct 17, 2022
okeysoninv:
lol, if you're in the east my tiller can do for you #300 to #400 per square meters

Which state is your tiller in?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
Let give ur building a new look, with quality and durable artwork, done with quarter rod,no future cracking, 09058432784

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by okeysoninv: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Which state is your tiller in?
Enugu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
How do you charge these items of work?

Philipok:
Let give ur building a new look, with quality and durable artwork, done with quarter rod,no future cracking, 08165523784,08066971647.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2022
Mophor:
This is ridiculous, some people like him will soon lineup behind him to
Justify those price. Some of these people target are online clients, thank God for this platform. We are not saying you shouldn’t charge fair prices for your labor. Haba kilode, fear God nah.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
FEGEITOK:

My question about the position of the wall was very specific.

I solved the problem of dampness in internal walls that share nothing with the exterior. I also solved the problem of dampness with one wall whose opposite side is the exterior. But I did notice that that side of the house is higher than the outer floor.

But there is one wall that I did not solve the problem of dampness. Inside is a room and outside is the exterior. One thing I observed is that the interior floor was lower than the exterior floor. In numbers, the length between the window sill and the inner floor was 40 inches or about 100cm on the inside, but the length between the window sill and the outer floor was 25 inches or about 64cm. My response was as follows, evacuated the soil externally so that the space between the window sill and the outer floor was 54 inches or about 137cm.

As someone has rightly said, it is a recipe for disaster for the inner floor to be lower than the outer floor.

Now before I did the evacuation, I broke down the floor of the room that has issues and was able to observe water pouring into the house along the block perimeter during rains. Now you understand why the inner floor should be higher and not lower than the other floor.

You have to be very sure whether it is rising damp or penetrating damp you are fighting.

You also need to know that there are at least 4 ways or means of water finding its way into your property.

To solve this problem, you need to understand how water interacts with your building so you don't fight symptoms but the root cause.

By the way, this is an ongoing experiment. I have not yet had time to observe the effect of the soil evacuation because of extremely hectic work schedule, but once I do I will report.I will elaborate on the 4 ways or means tomorrow, I have to sleep.

I have shared some of my research here: https://www.nairaland.com/7351815/home-remodeling-diy-fight-against

I have also shared my formula for plastering inner walls that have resisted water for over 5 years now. Search for it.

Plaster sand is not your friend, if you want to fight water. Ignore whatever your masons tell you. They do what they have always done, they have not researched this issue as well as I have.

Slimszy

Before applying my unique plastering formula, the paint would flake and peel off.

But on the internal wall whose other side is the bathroom as well as on another internal wall whose other side is the external wall, even though there is clear evidence that there is moisture in the wall and the paint is discolored as a result, the wall holds the paint.

This is the reason why you go to the root and not address just the symptoms if you want to solve this problem permanently. The cause of the moisture problem is groundwater

I was able to conduct a post-mortem on the wall today.

I plan to post pictures later.

For those who wonder why I said Plaster Sand is not your friend. This is the science behind it: "The more fine-grained the sediment or rock is, the higher the water is pulled." and also "Fine-grained materials hold more water over a longer period of time than the same volume of coarse-grained materials like sand or gravel."

The above quotes were excerpted from Chapter 13 of the 1999 NGWA Press Publication, Ground Water Hydrology for Water Well Contractors and lifted from the United States National Ground Water Association Website.

You solve a science problem through scientific methods and not vice versa.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Slimszy: 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Slimszy

Before applying my unique plastering formula, the paint would flake and peel off.

But on the internal wall whose other side is the bathroom as well as on another internal wall whose other side is the external wall, even though there is clear evidence that there is moisture in the wall and the paint is discolored as a result, the wall holds the paint.

This is the reason why you go to the root and not address just the symptoms if you want to solve this problem permanently. The cause of the moisture problem is groundwater

I was able to conduct a post-mortem on the wall today.

I plan to post pictures later.

For those who wonder why I said Plaster Sand is not your friend. This is the science behind it: "The more fine-grained the sediment or rock is, the higher the water is pulled." and also "Fine-grained materials hold more water over a longer period of time than the same volume of coarse-grained materials like sand or gravel."

The above quotes were excerpted from Chapter 13 of the 1999 NGWA Press Publication, Ground Water Hydrology for Water Well Contractors and lifted from the United States National Ground Water Association Website.

You solve a science problem through scientific methods and not vice versa.

Thank you so much for your help. Looking forward to the image.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Slimszy: 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2022
FEGEITOK:

My question about the position of the wall was very specific.

I solved the problem of dampness in internal walls that share nothing with the exterior. I also solved the problem of dampness with one wall whose opposite side is the exterior. But I did notice that that side of the house is higher than the outer floor.

But there is one wall that I did not solve the problem of dampness. Inside is a room and outside is the exterior. One thing I observed is that the interior floor was lower than the exterior floor. In numbers, the length between the window sill and the inner floor was 40 inches or about 100cm on the inside, but the length between the window sill and the outer floor was 25 inches or about 64cm. My response was as follows, evacuated the soil externally so that the space between the window sill and the outer floor was 54 inches or about 137cm.

As someone has rightly said, it is a recipe for disaster for the inner floor to be lower than the outer floor.

Now before I did the evacuation, I broke down the floor of the room that has issues and was able to observe water pouring into the house along the block perimeter during rains. Now you understand why the inner floor should be higher and not lower than the other floor.

You have to be very sure whether it is rising damp or penetrating damp you are fighting.

You also need to know that there are at least 4 ways or means of water finding its way into your property.

To solve this problem, you need to understand how water interacts with your building so you don't fight symptoms but the root cause.

By the way, this is an ongoing experiment. I have not yet had time to observe the effect of the soil evacuation because of extremely hectic work schedule, but once I do I will report.I will elaborate on the 4 ways or means tomorrow, I have to sleep.

I have shared some of my research here: https://www.nairaland.com/7351815/home-remodeling-diy-fight-against

I have also shared my formula for plastering inner walls that have resisted water for over 5 years now. Search for it.

Plaster sand is not your friend, if you want to fight water. Ignore whatever your masons tell you. They do what they have always done, they have not researched this issue as well as I have.

I intend leveling down the external floor so it can go deeper than the interior against the current level it is now. I will make use of sharp sand too as advised.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2022
FEGEITOK:

The first time I fought damp walls, I took down the old plaster from the floor to the midway point between the floor and the ceiling in all the rooms of the house. Then personally supervised a cement mix in the following formula

1 part cement to 3 parts stone dust to 2 parts sharp sand and 1 part plaster sand.

Five years later there is no evidence that the house was not properly built, the paint no longer pealed, and anyone workman who has worked on that part of the house said, the plasterwork is like concrete.

I also added a water proofing powder whose name I cannot remember since it is more than 5 years ago.

By the way this was internal not external walls.

I must admit the walls were not smooth. But screeding or another layer of plaster with a different mix can easily resolve that. I later screeded it to make them smooth.

Slimszy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
Another plasterboard ceiling... grin

I'm loving it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
agbolahan1991:

About 7m would do

Are you sure about this information with the current economy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3173) (3174) (3175) (3176) (3177) (3178) (3179) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.