Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4366324 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3214) (3215) (3216) (3217) (3218) (3219) (3220) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Goodman001: 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2022
Good evening everyone..please can they mix soligum, kerosene and condemned engine oil to paint the roofing wood?..urgent please..they want to do it tomorrow.. thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2022
Spanish porcelain floor tile

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 12:12am On Nov 20, 2022
sonnie10:

If you put ‘‘em for center, you no think say you go jam the house when you want drive in? Especially when you don put small liquor for head. And then, you go still dey make the turn turn to go park for comer, for to make space for your neighbor to enter. To much wahala!

Hmm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish12: 7:17am On Nov 20, 2022
Dear Nairalanders, Morning and a Blessed Sunday To You; Please who get Beachfront Properties Just two Plots of Land facing The Beach inside an Estate in Ibeju/Lekki from (Eleeko To Itamarun).

Note: Only Inside Estate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2022
Goodman001:
Good evening everyone..please can they mix soligum, kerosene and condemned engine oil to paint the roofing wood?..urgent please..they want to do it tomorrow.. thanks.
yes, that was what I used..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2022
You stated the reason alreadyfor ease of driving in and out
Imagine if the gate was positioned at the center in the picture sent ....dats W for wahala sir

Coiner:
Greetings builders.

Please there's something I seek to understand. It's about entrance gate positions in houses. For years I have noticed the conventional way is having the gate at the extreme. But is there a reason this is done? How about ease of driving in and out.. Is that considered?

See pic for example..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NairaBaba: 9:08am On Nov 20, 2022
Good morning Comrades,

I would like to know the current price of good quality Alucobond cladding per SQM (square meter). The total area to be cladded is 120 SQM.
Materials and workmanship inclusive.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Something for the evenings perusal.
Education still remains the foundation. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 10:23am On Nov 20, 2022
Tiztonio:
Please is copping necessary for slant roof? Is there an alternate way of holding down the roof incase of heavy wind?
For a hidden mono pitch roof, the parapet (wall) offers enough protection against wind.

A coping doesn't serve against wind effect.
Coping is used to protect parapet(walls against dampness due to rain. It comes with a trotting which allows rain to drop off from the coping to the ground without touching the walls (unfortunately most builders don't do it here). It is important your coping projects up to 150mm so as to offer better protection to the wall

For a mono pitch roof with eaves and fascia, the steel rope/ tie rod binding the wall plate and tie beam to do roof beam or last course of block is enough to act against wind effect except the wind forces in your locality is extreme.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2022
Coiner:
Greetings builders.

Please there's something I seek to understand. It's about entrance gate positions in houses. For years I have noticed the conventional way is having the gate at the extreme. But is there a reason this is done? How about ease of driving in and out.. Is that considered?

See pic for example..

It isn't ideal. Designers, builders and home owners just do that for want of space. You will agree with me that most homes where the gates are placed at the extreme, the style of parking there is usually tandem parking.

If your lot can afford a turning radius of 6m for cars, go ahead and place your gate wherever you want.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 10:38am On Nov 20, 2022
UC92:

For a hidden mono pitch roof, the parapet (wall) offers enough protection against wind.

A coping doesn't serve against wind effect.
Coping is used to protect parapet(walls against dampness due to rain. It comes with a trotting which allows rain to drop off from the coping to the ground without touching the walls (unfortunately most builders don't do it here). It is important your coping projects up to 150mm so as to offer better protection to the wall

For a mono pitch roof with eaves and fascia, the steel rope/ tie rod binding the wall plate and tie beam to do roof beam or last course of block is enough to act against wind effect except the wind forces in your locality is extreme.

Thank you brother… Well explained but I don’t fully get the procedure for the monopitch coz that the oattern im going with. I intended binding the wallplate from the lintel/beam up to the roof
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:25am On Nov 20, 2022
UC92:

Education still remains the foundation. grin

I saw what you did there cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2022
Abbeyb1ack:
You stated the reason alreadyfor ease of driving in and out
Imagine if the gate was positioned at the center in the picture sent ....dats W for wahala sir

True boss. But the reason I asked is cos I'm considering my ease of entrance due to how my building is designed. Just wanted to know if there's any other reason people fix it at the extreme.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
UC92:

It isn't ideal. Designers, builders and home owners just do that for want of space. You will agree with me that most homes where the gates are placed at the extreme, the style of parking there is usually tandem parking.

If your lot can afford a turning radius of 6m for cars, go ahead and place your gate wherever you want.

All right bro. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kamlex(m): 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
Two standard plot of land for sale at iyana church, after Iwo road ibadan, well fenced and gated, with C of o.
Feel free to contact me 08068500644. Asking price 25 million
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hello,

Please how much is 16mm iron rod in the market now?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by josephsm823(m): 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
hslbroker2:

What can we do with all this now, we are not there when u started this transaction, now u are occupying our space. Where do we start from and how do we solve this.

First point, contact efcc.

Second points, contact the police

Third points, post transaction details
Please modify your comment.
We've resolved.

Fourth points, post the fellow handler on naira land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 4:39pm On Nov 20, 2022
Would like to know where one can get cedar woods in southwest here . Or some other woods that can withstand environmental effects

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

where have U been Oga mi

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2022
Tiztonio:

Thank you brother… Well explained but I don’t fully get the procedure for the monopitch coz that the oattern im going with. I intended binding the wallplate from the lintel/beam up to the roof
You are welcome sir.
Your intention is in order.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks Baba.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hi
My name is Caleb from masterpiece trucks and granites .
Thanks for stopping by, without wasting your precious time.
Masterpiece is one the best suppliers with materials coming from Ijebu Ode and Abeokuta.
We have been in quarry mining for sometime now, presently serving about 100 active customers with a 500 tons supply capacity per day.
Our material quality has been tested and verified by so many advance construction companies and Asphalt companies.
We understand that buying from some suppliers pose you the risk of not getting the exact tonnage paid for so we are offering you a partnership to give you the best supply package.

The benefits includes:
24/7 supply and support services
Haulage services (Howo trucks and Mack trucks)
Weekly/monthly report.

available materials are:
Boulder =6800/ton
Dust =2500/ton
1/2inch =7300/ton
stonebase =6800/ton
Hardcore =6800/ton
3/4 = 7300/ton
5/8(3/4down) =7300/ton

Looking forward to establish partnership with you... 07026691840

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2022
Still available

Solar all in one compound lights.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2022
Dirkcoyt:
Would like to know where one can get cedar woods in southwest here . Or some other woods that can withstand environmental effects
I don’t think cedar is more durable than mahogany or oaks.
Just that cedar is not locally available in Nigeria, so even when you find one. It could be more expensive than the better locally available options.
Also know that any untreated wood, whether cedar or mahogany would not withstand weather elements for long.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2022
Links to recent projects supplied by gbadexy (Regal paint)
https://www.nairaland.com/7442843/returning-nairalander-project-lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/7442861/returning-nairalander-painting-supply-ibadan

https://www.nairaland.com/7442883/returning-nairalander-painting-supply-ikenne

A mega mall in ibadan massive 8 blocks of flats in benin to be embarked on..
And still no complaints from our clients, both listed and several others just supplied.
Your patronage and trust in us would never be taken for granted. You are all appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2022
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Oshogbo Osun State
Roof Design : Bond Design
Colour: Black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pspRWhWLmaY

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 10:05pm On Nov 20, 2022
sonnie10:

I don’t think cedar is more durable than mahogany or oaks.
Just that cedar is not locally available in Nigeria, so even when you find one. It could be more expensive than the better locally available options.
Also know that any untreated wood, whether cedar or mahogany would not withstand weather elements for long.
Thank you very much . Na second time you go save me be this with your tips . First time was with shipping from alibaba.

So you suggest a locally sourced treated mahogany wood will do the trick still in naija. Thanks again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by baaliyah(m): 10:53pm On Nov 20, 2022
Dirkcoyt:

Thank you very much . Na second time you go save me be this with your tips . First time was with shipping from alibaba.

So you suggest a locally sourced treated mahogany wood will do the trick still in naija. Thanks again

This Sonnie, there is no post of him I dont read. He is bundle of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2022
Hello house an open kitchen or closed kitchen which is best for a 2nd apartment?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:44pm On Nov 20, 2022
Reeefe:
Hello house an open kitchen or closed kitchen which is best for a 2nd apartment?
Depend on what you cook and how frequent you get visitors, Think cooking correct Egile and you got 4 friends in ur living room

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:30am On Nov 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Something for the evenings perusal.

Not be juju be that!

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:34am On Nov 21, 2022
Goodman001:

Yes. But more Solignum than the used oil.
Even without used oil, you are still good with only Solignum. Thanks.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3214) (3215) (3216) (3217) (3218) (3219) (3220) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.