Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4353286 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) ... (3656) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
FOR YOUR ARCHITECTURAL AND STRUCTURAL DRAWINGS SEND ME A DM.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
We are still here…

Pop & wall screeding

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2023
sonnie10:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.

Playing out in 3D.

From the cash policy (Banks and POS operators) to politicians, voters and electoral officials.

We never ready!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 3:53pm On Feb 28, 2023
@topsy @twinskenny how much does single phase DB cost(range looking at different brands of products) and what brand will you recommend.

Also why are there long/short PVC pipes for 20mm/25mm for conduit wiring. I am not getting a suitable explanation from Google.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
diordaves:

Nigeria artisans use machinery? Ok ooo.

Na prayer o. Serious prayer.

LoL...thinking of investing on tools but possibility of theft is very high...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
debeey87:
@topsy @twinskenny how much does single phase DB cost(range looking at different brands of products) and what brand will you recommend.

Also why are there long/short PVC pipes for 20mm/25mm for conduit wiring. I am not getting a suitable explanation from Google.

Thank you

We have different brand of Distribution Boards ABB, SCHNEIDER, LEGRAND, MEM, AB&T, A&T, HAVEL, HPL, HAGER.
Also, we have different of of ways of single phase
We have 4-way, 6-way, 8-way, 12-way. So you need specify number of ways

These arrangement is according to their quality LEGRAND, ABB, SCHNEIDER MEM(original), AB&T, HAGER, HPL, HAGER, HAVEL

20mm and 25mm pipes original is 2.9m long the short ones are not original dignity pipes So go for long one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2023
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and blessed Sam building materials enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed Sam building materials enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2023
topsy23:

We have different brand of Distribution Boards ABB, SCHNEIDER, LEGRAND, MEM, AB&T, A&T, HAVEL, HPL, HAGER.
Also, we have different of of ways of single phase
We have 4-way, 6-way, 8-way, 12-way. So you need specify number of ways

These arrangement is according to their quality LEGRAND, ABB, SCHNEIDER MEM(original), AB&T, HAGER, HPL, HAGER, HAVEL

20mm and 25mm pipes original is 2.9m long the short ones are not original dignity pipes So go for long one

Thanks for the response.
On the DB, I am considering AB&T and 8ways for 1-bed, 12 way for 2-bed. Community didn't allow us to take supply for 3-phase, so 3-phase DB was jettisoned for Single phase supply

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 7:30am On Mar 01, 2023
Good morning and happy New month Nigerians....
Call us today with your brief....
#Mechanical
#Electrical
#Plumbing
#Solution Providers....

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
Happy New Month everyone and Happy New President.

Will the beat of unbelievable poor governance go on or is the dawn of a new sustainable progressive governance?

The answer my friends is blowing in the wind.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
diordaves:
Happy New Month everyone and Happy New President.

Will the beat of unbelievable poor governance go on or is the dawn of a new sustainable progressive governance?

The answer my friends is blowing in the wind.
This is for the records, as at today dollar is $760 and cement is about #4500 while petrol is #197. These numbers were are basic determinants of most economic activities in the housing industry.
Let’s kept an eye on them in the days ahead.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2023
How much do these doors cost?
Blessedsunny2:
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and blessed Sam building materials enterprise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
sonnie10:

This is for the records, as at today dollar is $760 and cement is about #4500 while petrol is #197. These numbers were are basic determinants of most economic activities in the housing industry.
Let’s kept an eye on them in the days ahead.

Very true. The stabilization of the Naira against international currencies in connection with curtailing rampant inflation should take immediate priority with the incoming national administration.

Are we now going to have a successful APC national government? Well, a chick that will grow into a co-ck is spotted on the day it is hatched. Like you said, the days ahead will tell.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
BiigTee:
How much do these doors cost?
4ft luxury Turkey door

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed Sam building materials enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
dannie007:
More

How does one access those spaces in the second picture, the highest ones close to the POP. Does one need to buy a ladder to climb to put cloth all the time?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Heymus(m): 9:17am On Mar 02, 2023
Jeniluv:
Hello house...I need a builder to work on a site around Agbara,Ogun state urgently...Please mention me,let's talk..
Good morning ma, kindly talk to me on 08036879623, 08026844313 or olaniyan_amos@yahoo.com

A trial will convince you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Motirayo2018(f): 10:34am On Mar 02, 2023
Buy your quality bedspread
Duvet set
Sofa covers
Water resistant bedcover
Fibre pillow
Towels.

Call or chat 07015501079
We are located at Sango otta ,but we deliver nationwide
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2023
Spanish rustic porcelain tiles internal and external wall tile
Still your blessed sunny

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:17pm On Mar 02, 2023
redgem:

If you are looking into setting up equipment hire services, I say don't be discouraged by theft. It's a very lucrative business, like in all things, when done properly. If I'm home based full time, it's a business I will gladly invest in.

The lack of right tools for DIY and trade in Nigeria is shocking. Everything na hammer and nail.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2023
Blessedsunny2:
Spanish rustic porcelain tiles internal and external wall tile
Still your blessed sunny

I will use them for floor tiles for swimming pool area instead as they are perfectly non slip.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 6:50pm On Mar 02, 2023
diordaves:

If you are looking into setting up equipment hire services, I say don't be discouraged by theft. It's a very lucrative business, like in all things, when done properly. If I'm home based full time, it's a business I will gladly invest in.

The lack of right tools for DIY and trade in Nigeria is shocking. Everything na hammer and nail.

Please, can you please expatiate on this? or can I send you an email. I'd like to run something like this but not sure how to go about it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
redgem:

There is another issue. I spent heavily on tools.

One of my tools got bad. It was dropped by the artisan I hired.

He dropped my nail gun.

Which I had earlier reviewed here.

The tool is so rare that I have to go online to get another.

So you need to 1. take pictures and even 2. videos of the tool working before the handover. Rinse and repeat when the tool is returned.

This is where I failed and got burnt.

How do you identify the artisan? I recommend a government-issued valid ID card, but you need to verify the information before you hand it over.

You will also need a caution fee.

This is a very common practice in the US.

They hire tools for sums way below the cost of purchasing them. however no one is going to play a fast one on the companies who hire out the tools in the US unlike what might happen here.

I spent a fortune repairing the tool, but the housing was so destroyed and since it is a power tool, I need to buy another one for parts and then replace the housing because it just won't work properly with the housing glued together.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2023
Olumighty123:

Please, can you please expatiate on this? or can I send you an email. I'd like to run something like this but not sure how to go about it.

The Nigerian process may involve sending someone along with the tool, but it does not make sense to me.

Validate the artisan with impossible-to-change government-issued identifiers and you should be good.

Run a social media KYC process too.

Study the home depot process the modify it to suit Nigeria

Just thinking aloud

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:40pm On Mar 02, 2023
How to build a kitchen (and why)

This article gives you a choice to spend up to 1/3 the cost of a modern kitchen if you are the DIY type and if you are not, then get a contractor to take the stress off you in exchange for the money.

Written by someone who claims he has built 17 kitchens.

In the US, you can get quotes of between $25,000.00 and $75,000.00 for this kind of kitchen.

In Nigeria, you can quote between N5,000,000.00 and N25,000.000.00

Over to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:45am On Mar 03, 2023
redgem:

That's an issue.
Honesty is lost in our land.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by karunaduservice: 8:04am On Mar 03, 2023
Interesting facts about Employee transportation services automation

Employee transportation services Automation is the process of automating employee transportation services, which can be anything from a private car to mass transit. It’s important to note that this is not just about technology; it’s about understanding how employees need to get to work and what they need to do their jobs effectively.
5 Interesting Facts About Employee Transportation:

Employee travel has become a trend in many cities around the world. The ease and convenience of transportation services have made it easier for people to travel to work. This has led to a rise in the use of transportation service automation.
#1: Optimal Cost Management

Employee transportation service automation can help the organization save money.

The cost of running an organization depends on factors such as the number of employees and their locations, fuel costs, and vehicle maintenance costs.

It is estimated that the cost of employee transportation can account for up to 50% of a company’s total transportation costs. Automated transportation can help reduce these costs by automating the transportation process and reducing the need for human involvement.

By automating these processes, companies can save on fuel, maintenance, and driver time. This also makes working remotely easier because they do not have to worry about driving back home after a long day at work.

Additionally, organizations can streamline their vital processes by managing workflows more effectively. This can improve collaboration within the company and reduce redundancy.
#2: Improved Efficiency

One of the many benefits of employee transportation service automation is that it can help increase productivity. The company can provide transportation for its employees through employee transportation services automation.

With the advent of new technology, however, it’s becoming easier to ensure that your employees get where they need to go safely and on time. Arrival and departure times can be more accurately predicted, leading to fewer missed opportunities and delays.
#3: Enhanced Safety and Security

Employee transportation automation has many benefits, but the most obvious is enhanced safety and security. A GPS tracking system allows for complete coverage and mapping of the travel function.

This ensures that employees don’t have to rely on their own devices, which might not be working or have malfunctioned somehow. It also allows for customized routes based on the needs of each employee, rather than simply sending them out for a predetermined amount of time with no regard for their needs or preferences.

A GPS tracking system can provide enhanced safety and security for employees, including panic buttons, fully networked software-based emergency alarms, real-time vehicle tracking, background verification, and number masking so that employees and drivers do not need to share their numbers.
#4: Strict Monitoring

An automated transportation system integrates with vehicles and driver phones to provide extensive information on driving patterns. You can keep a closer eye on your drivers. Automation can help reduce the number of accidents and fatalities in the workplace.

It also helps you monitor drivers more closely, which means you can identify risky driving and reduce accidents, check insurance premiums and other costs associated with hiring and maintaining drivers, and prevent downtime for staff members.

This means that employees can be monitored more closely than ever before, ensuring they drive safely and follow all regulations.
#5: Error-Free Operation

Employee transportation systems are a critical component of any organization’s management. By automating these systems, you can ensure that your employees’ transportation needs are met promptly and reduce your costs associated with human error and maintenance issues by utilizing a tool that can store data on the cloud.

Automation tools are a powerful tool for the transportation industry. They allow businesses to operate their systems at scale and streamline operations while providing data-rich insight into how the process is working.
Why Should Your Company Use Karunadu for Employee Transportation?

With so many companies in the transportation industry, it’s hard to find one that’s truly on your side. We’re here to help you ensure that your company’s transportation needs are met and that you can focus on what matters: growing and expanding your business.

Our team of experts has years of experience providing seamless transportation services for businesses and individuals alike, so we’ve got everything it takes to ensure your ride is as comfortable as possible.

We take safety seriously—it’s one of our top priorities. That means we have a fleet of always-maintained, regularly cleaned, and well-maintained vehicles. From vans and buses to luxury cars and SUVs, we have what you need to get your workers where they need to go safely and on time.

Our experienced drivers and licensed vehicles will ensure that you don’t have to worry about any unexpected situations on the road.

We use GPS tracking installed in all our cars to ensure your employees are always in the safest hands possible.

Our 24/7 customer service team is ready to answer any questions or concerns that you may have promptly.

Conclusion:

The goal of automating employee transportation services is for companies to save money by reducing the time it takes for employees to get to work and increasing the amount of money they spend on these services over time. It also helps companies reduce their carbon footprint since they won’t need as many cars or buses running all day.

If you are thinking about automating employee transportation services, look nowhere. Karunadu services offers seamless transportation services for several companies and create employment in return. We are the best choice for your company if you want to ensure that your employees arrive safely and on time.

Contact us to get started today!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 11:14am On Mar 03, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) ... (3656) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: olaitoro(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.