Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4361506 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) (3347) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 11:15am On Mar 03, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2023
Hello engineers, please I need your input on the pros and cons of hidden flat roof in terms of harsh sunny weather, noise associated with heavy rain fall, leakages amongst others. I’m currently in a decision stage but then I want to also save cost if I should go for it or not.
Preferably from people who have done or currently living in a building that has it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2023
Greetings to the esteemed members.
Appreciation goes to our clients, and well wishers for the referrals of our product, Regal paint.
Here is a link to some of our recent jobs on YouTube;

https://youtube.com/@adeoye6059

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2023
FEGEITOK:

The cash swap ( abi cash confiscation policy) of the current government is a direct affront on money laundering legislation in the books that clearly specifies maximum funds that can be transacted with outside the banking system

Yet a President by oral proclaimation was able to override the statute books, and all sorts of lawyers from ordinary to SANs were speaking in support of a President turning himself into the law.

That only happens where strong men and not strong institutions are valued and worshipped.

The INEC Chairman is simply following a long established pattern of disregard for the law including that which established his office and the institution he heads.

I work with these people, so I speak as an observer and someone who interacts very closely with the system.

Unlike in the US where Biden halted his student loan forgiveness program the moment the Supreme Court told him to.

Here we will break the law and ask you to go to court to seek redress, the same law that we treated with outright disdain and disregard when it does not suit our whims and caprices.

As I said before. The President was wrong! His Attorney General of the Federation acted as a SAN that does not deserve the title. The CBN Governor was intoxicated with power and went beyond his limits

The President used executive power and privilege to infringe on property rights and acted against the best interests of the country and its citizens.

The right to own cash is constitutional, the right to withdraw cash up to the limits specified by legislation is also constitutional. Constitutional rights are rights that cannot be tampered with!

Imposing arbitrary withdrawal limits not backed by legislation is unreasonable and illegal.

This is a summary of what happened at the Supreme Court today.

*Supreme Court has jurisdiction on Naira swap case*
- Justice Agim

*The directive given by the President, through a press release by the CBN is invalid*
- Justice Agim

*I hold that no reasonable notice was given by the CBN under section 20 of the CBN Act. The directive is invalid and I hereby declare it so.*

- Justice Agim

*The position of the president as Agent of the federation imposed a duty of consultation on him. Not to do so makes him a dictator.*
-Justice Agim

*In other countries, decisions to change currencies follow due process and in accordance with democratic dictates, not after a side talk with their central bank chiefs .*
-Justice Agim

*I am not aware of any law which empowers a bank to withhold a customer’s money and refuse to give him/her. The directive on withdrawal limit is an infringement of people’s rights.*
- Justice Agim

*States have a right to be consulted by President before the directive to the CBN, as constituents of the Federation*
- Justice Agim

*Our rule of law becomes illusory if a President refuses to obey the court*

- Justice Agim

Sadly, till tomorrow, we prefer strong men to strong institutions.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ogborokiri(m): 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2023
Good day house please I want to use PVC in my house I would like to know which make and quickly is the best thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2023
FEGEITOK:

As I said before. The President was wrong! His Attorney General of the Federation acted as a SAN that does not deserve the title. The CBN Governor was intoxicated with power and went beyond his limits

The President used executive power and privilege to infringe on property rights and acted against the best interests of the country and its citizens.

The right to own cash is constitutional, the right to withdraw cash up to the limits specified by legislation is also constitutional. Constitutional rights are rights that cannot be tampered with!

Imposing arbitrary withdrawal limits not backed by legislation is unreasonable and illegal.

This is a summary of what happened at the Supreme Court today.

*Supreme Court has jurisdiction on Naira swap case*
- Justice Agim

*The directive given by the President, through a press release by the CBN is invalid*
- Justice Agim

*I hold that no reasonable notice was given by the CBN under section 20 of the CBN Act. The directive is invalid and I hereby declare it so.*

- Justice Agim

*The position of the president as Agent of the federation imposed a duty of consultation on him. Not to do so makes him a dictator.*
-Justice Agim

*In other countries, decisions to change currencies follow due process and in accordance with democratic dictates, not after a side talk with their central bank chiefs .*
-Justice Agim

*I am not aware of any law which empowers a bank to withhold a customer’s money and refuse to give him/her. The directive on withdrawal limit is an infringement of people’s rights.*
- Justice Agim

*States have a right to be consulted by President before the directive to the CBN, as constituents of the Federation*
- Justice Agim

*Our rule of law becomes illusory if a President refuses to obey the court*

- Justice Agim

Sadly, till tomorrow, we prefer strong men to strong institutions.
That is why Nigeria is called a banana Republic, where anything goes, the Judiciary and the Justice system ought to be the hope of the helpless masses but it is The opposite in Nigeria, even the current justice system in Nigeria has become a toothless bulldog, justice is apparently now for the highest bidder, as long as the status quo remains like that, it is not yet an Eldorado for Nigeria as a nation, the country has a long way to go to get out of the wilderness and cycle of stagnancy to enter it's promised land sad
sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2023
Olumighty123:

Please, can you please expatiate on this? or can I send you an email. I'd like to run something like this but not sure how to go about it.

The capital outlay in the beginning may be daunting. The attached pics are some of the equipment badly needed in the construction trade in Nigeria to save cost to the client and contractor. Starting a hire services with these equipment is starting on a right note:

# Cement mixer

# Formwork for decking

# Platform lift to lift blocks to decking and cement mix during decking

# Internal scaffolding for POP construction, internal height work etc.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
redgem:
I think it is time artisans starts using machineries to work eg, [b]drills, nail guns [/b]etc...

I use them on my projects.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2023
Laudbtc:
Hello engineers, please I need your input on the pros and cons of hidden flat roof in terms of harsh sunny weather, noise associated with heavy rain fall, leakages amongst others. I’m currently in a decision stage but then I want to also save cost if I should go for it or not.
Preferably from people who have done or currently living in a building that has it.
is the structure up to 3floors or a bongalow because using flat roof on a bongalow is way too low standard
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2023

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 3:04am On Mar 04, 2023
visaclick:
is the structure up to 3floors or a bongalow because using flat roof on a bongalow is way too low standard
Just a bungalow sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:31am On Mar 04, 2023
Good morning my people customer and friends I wish happy weekend
Well am still the Dfameguy that you know so far
We are here to showcase some our product as usual
We deal with building materials such as:
Spanish tiles
Italian tiles
China tiles
Indian tiles
Nigeria tiles
Bricks tile
Doors
Bathtub
Mirror
Toilet seat
And sorceries
Etc.
Email osinachicolins20@gmail.com
Company name, osinachiadima global enterprise
Phone number 07087953771 or 09085212244
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise-deal-kinds

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:55am On Mar 04, 2023
FEGEITOK:

There is another issue. I spent heavily on tools.

One of my tools got bad. It was dropped by the artisan I hired.

He dropped my nail gun.

Which I had earlier reviewed here.

The tool is so rare that I have to go online to get another.

So you need to 1. take pictures and even 2. videos of the tool working before the handover. Rinse and repeat when the tool is returned.

This is where I failed and got burnt.

How do you identify the artisan? I recommend a government-issued valid ID card, but you need to verify the information before you hand it over.

You will also need a caution fee.

This is a very common practice in the US.

They hire tools for sums way below the cost of purchasing them. however no one is going to play a fast one on the companies who hire out the tools in the US unlike what might happen here.

I spent a fortune repairing the tool, but the housing was so destroyed and since it is a power tool, I need to buy another one for parts and then replace the housing because it just won't work properly with the housing glued together.

Sorry for the late response...and sorry for your bad experience.. You made valid points and it's going to be hard for me to achieve cos I am not with them in the site and putting it in the hands of someone else won't achieve same result cos that is Nigeria for you "people do not value what does not belong to them"... It will be really hard
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:56am On Mar 04, 2023
diordaves:

If you are looking into setting up equipment hire services, I say don't be discouraged by theft. It's a very lucrative business, like in all things, when done properly. If I'm home based full time, it's a business I will gladly invest in.

The lack of right tools for DIY and trade in Nigeria is shocking. Everything na hammer and nail.

Sorry for the late response.... Wasn't thinking of that but thanks for giving me a nice business idea... I will look into it..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:02am On Mar 04, 2023
hamtabfawaz:

I use them on my projects.....

Nice one...making things neat and easy for you....I pray for more clients
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2023
Ogborokiri:
Good day house please I want to use PVC in my house I would like to know which make and quickly is the best thanks

Amoula PVC seems to be a popular choice.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2023
[i][/i]Contact me@ 07015190604..08082855462 call me (WhatsApp enable)
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com
ON TILES

We have Spanish tiles, Italian tiles, China tiles and Nigerian tiles etc

TYPES OF TILES

Ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, vetrified tiles, quarrytiles, Bricktiles, stones etc

CATEGORY

Wall and SIZE

COLOR AND SIZE IN TILES:

All available and assorted...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2023
Gud evening here my good people and happy weekend as well,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:52am On Mar 05, 2023
Daboomb:

Thanks for this your educative response.
I honestly did not know a lot of things you mentioned above, hence my initial lukewarm attitude towards it.
Like Egunmogaji pointed out, l do worry about exposing a Perimeter fence l share with others(or one that the next house has direct access to), to lethal force (even though armed robbers do not fall into my bucket of sympathy) but your explanation have cleared the air a lot.

And let me also ask: how is it possible that one may use this deterrent for one's personal home, as in let us assume l have a Maiguard, spiked gates and Dogs, e.t.c. But l dont have an electrified fence because l fear someone who is not a thief might try come-in unexpectedly ( I have encountered a useless Boy who climbed my fence from their won side of the wall, just to retrieve his junior brothers ball that came over the fence, instead of going round his own gate, press the bell on my gate and then allowed inside officially! If my fence was elelctrified at that point, l fear for his health though l was not amused with such silly behaviour.) and get shocked.
Let us also assume that the assailant has breached all those layers of deterrent and what remains now is for him to breach the personal entrance to my living space (Living room, kitchens, bedrooms, ....the innermost layer of my house that needs protection!)

Is it possible, and How can the doors/windows to such "personal space be energetically electrified" (if it can be done) so that the assailant has no excuse at that point, to say l did not come to burgle or cause harm because l would expect you to use my Door Bell, if you came visiting without notice, at the door to my living room?

I am looking at a situation where l can reserve such level of protection, as a last resort or last line of defence?
Can you shed light on possible ways of achieving this.
Once again, than you for your 'eye opener' explanations.

@Egunmogaji: I suppose my question also falls in-line with your line of thought?

The thread below might make interesting reading! grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2887149/photo-despite-electric-gate-fence#42282744

https://www.nairaland.com/1926415/suspected-diesel-thief-dies-electric#26737573

Sadly I’ve been put in a situation where I’m now considering this again.

Some robbers try to enter my compound at night and pushed my barbed wire off of my fence.

I still can’t shake the responsibility of a wayward child touching an electrified fence by accident.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:24am On Mar 05, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Some robbers try to enter my compound at night and pushed my barbed wire off of my fence.

I still can’t shake the responsibility of a wayward child touching an electrified fence by accident.

If they touch the electric fence or if they try to cut any of the line… the alarm will trip off!! Notifying the occupant on time. And by the way we have the internet embedded ones that can update you real time on phone….

The electric fence is still the way to go…

Thanks for the other day sir!

Hope you are feeling stronger?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 8:59am On Mar 05, 2023
May this amazing Sunday fill your week with laughter, joy, and happiness. Have a blessed Sunday!

Biztech Consult.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:10am On Mar 05, 2023
5kva setup for this client

Location ikorodu

Hybrid inverter with 4 turbular batteries

580 watts panels

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:57am On Mar 05, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Hian, Your German Shepherd must have been very alert to tear the criminals to pieces as soon as they jump into your compound, nawao, so much insecurity all over Nigeria shocked

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,000 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 5 Litres = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.275 specific gravity range.

*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winner estate, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Your German Shepherd must have been very alert to tear the criminals to pieces as soon as they jump into your compound, nawao, so much insecurity all over Nigeria shocked

Dobermans ni won jare. It’s them and God that stopped them.

They typically poison the dogs so I’m training them not to eat except from their bowls. Very hard.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Have you thought about placing a warning, electric fence beware prominently on the wall in English, Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo (in short the major languages in the area where the house is located)?

Also, there is technology you can put in the floor around your fence and connected to your fence to automatically alert you of footsteps so that you can initiate a response long before they get inside your command.

One such response would be very loud alarms and also playing a recorded call the intruders will hear that states which wall is breached and requesting for armed response to combat the intrusion.

This along with strobe lights would be a powerful deterrent.

But please make friends with your local police/soldiers so they can respond to you in the way you are accustomed to the police responding in the US.

Yes, we have such responses in Nigeria, but it is not for the general public, it is for those who have made prior arrangements in advance and which is paid for in cash, in kind, and in the use of influence for the benefit of the officer or officers who made it possible for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyesky(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2023
It is in our DNA. cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
Contact me for quality and durable artwork both interior and exterior design,09058432795.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
Contact me for quality and durable artwork both interior and exterior design 09058432795.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dbshaywhy(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2023
Good afternoon professionals in the house... Am about install waste pit in my build...

Am speculating between conventional Septic tank and the new innovative biodigester.

Am much interested in the biodigester but my concern is that "Bleach is a strong and effective disinfectant – its active ingredient sodium hypochlorite is effective in killing bacteria, fungi and viruses, including influenza virus".... We always make use all this disinfectant and bleach while cleaning and washing the toilet...

Advice needed urgently as I pend the project to finally decide which to go with.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3341) (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) (3347) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.