Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,196 members, 7,780,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4295270 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3351) (3352) (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) ... (3643) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
twinskenny:
Let’s installed this

200L solar heater

Awka project

All planning from the start.

Howmuch does this cost in NIgeria to buy? Im a bit sceptical of this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
redgem:

I left it to a professional and he gave me so much lights .. 3watts and 6watts which saves energy?

grin cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2023
erico2k2:

Not that much, it paid of the cost with time compare to water heater costs and energy consumption costs. Smart way to go, very efficient if you have enough capacity for the entire building.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dominic17: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
No it's for foundation wall two planks
Akerewe:

Is this for a slab (decking)?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
dominic17:
No it's for foundation wall two planks

The price is a bit higher!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
FEGEITOK:

All the best. I got these results from my YouTube history. When I wanted to do magic with lighting in my place

Lighting is both a science and an art.

Sadly here we only set up lighting for the purpose of lighting and not for setting mood and ambiance or for tasks.

So you need to learn a bit more to explore the range of what is possible with lighting design

For future purposes, I will definitely learn more about it.. Thanks so much....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dominic17: 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Thanks for the advice. Please can you suggest the amount I can bargain for?
Akerewe:

The price is a bit higher!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
twinskenny:

These days people don’t do walk bracket any longer
To me it’s a waste of space and energy.

I believe there is rope lights, center light then pop lights.. that’s enough

If you get original pop lights you don’t need that much light honestly.

The funny thing is, I saw your post earlier about not adding wall brackets and I told this human being oh....he still insisted on piping for wall brackets.... I will block some of the wall brackets during screeding, will insist I am not getting fittings for them and want them closed....

Please, how many watts are those?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
kopell:
Is he recommended 6 watts x numbers of points? That doesn’t make any sense to me then. If is 6 watts is should be have of those points then.

6 X 3 double colour pop lights... What points please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 9:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Block of Flats designed for a nairalander

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 10:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
erico2k2:

See attached below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
redgem:

3 X 3 double colour pop lights... What points please?
I mean the lighting points, it should be half total numbers, if he is suggesting using 6 watts .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 12:38am On Mar 22, 2023
kopell:
I mean the lighting points, it should be half total numbers, if he is suggesting using 6 watts .

Okay...it should be just 12 points if he wants to use 6watts? Well, it's too late cos he has done the wiring
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:07am On Mar 22, 2023
Jackossky:

I want to purchase some packet of tiles but I'm quite sceptical due to your address. I move so well in Badagry and your address is a bit off

GtB Is somewhere in Agbara and...
No oooo check my address well ma/sir
Is block 10 shop 16 first floor Agric market orile Coker Odun-ade car wash bus stop badagry express way Lagos Nigeria

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:21am On Mar 22, 2023
Osinachiadima global enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 7:18am On Mar 22, 2023
kopell:
Not that much, it paid of the cost with time compare to water heater costs and energy consumption costs. Smart way to go, very efficient if you have enough capacity for the entire building.

So this does eliminate the need to have a heater in the house?

Would someone be able to assess the cold water as well? Or would this heater heat up everything?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2023
Badgers14:

So this does eliminate the need to have a heater in the house?

Would someone be able to assess the cold water as well? Or would this heater heat up everything?

For the 1st question - Yes...what you have is a central system that will be located mostly on the roof for gravity flow.what you will now have is a single discharge pipe that will connect from system and tee off to your bathrooms..

-2nd question --for the Cold water supply,a supply cold water pipe will be taken from the cold water supply and linked to the HwH to discharge hot water.
It's just like- cold water in,hot water out.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 10:00am On Mar 22, 2023
walexProjects:

For the 1st question - Yes...what you have is a central system that will be located mostly on the roof for gravity flow.what you will now have is a single discharge pipe that will connect from system and tee off to your bathrooms..

-2nd question --for the Cold water supply,a supply cold water pipe will be taken from the cold water supply and linked to the HwH to discharge hot water.
It's just like- cold water in,hot water out.

Thanks for your response.

So these things are advertised as 25 years warranty, is that 25 calendar years or just marketing ploy?

(I haven't seen this before that's why I am asking).

Also, do you know anyone that have used this system between 2-5 years? ( do they have any concerns)?

Finally, are you privy to the cost to set up the whole system?

Thanks again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 10:34am On Mar 22, 2023
dominic17:
No, foundation wall two board

Since it's for foundation wall, the price should go down a bit but the only solution is for u to look for another artisan or engineer nd get new quote as to compare their prices to each other.

The current engineer might refuse to reduce the price nd I can't also advise U base on the fact that I don't know the length nd breath (the feets and total size of the building) of the raft foundation.

The dimensions is vital in pricing because 2 boards is (2feets), then it might be 9"(inches) thick.
The best best like I said is to get quote from 2 more engineers to compare the price nd go for the best one with good reputation oo. Cos some are stupid to the extent that they don't know if there is a mistake in their job, they just collect money from u nd b loitering around the site nd waste ur hard earned money due to their inexperienced.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 10:35am On Mar 22, 2023
dominic17:
Thanks for the advice. Please can you suggest the amount I can bargain for?

Since it's for foundation wall, the price should go down a bit but the only solution is for u to look for another artisan or engineer nd get new quote as to compare their prices to each other.

The current engineer might refuse to reduce the price nd I can't also advise U base on the fact that I don't know the length nd breath (the feets and total size of the building) of the raft foundation.

The dimensions is vital in pricing because 2 boards is (2feets), then it might be 9"(inches) thick.
The best best like I said is to get quote from 2 more engineers to compare the price nd go for the best one with good reputation oo. Cos some are stupid to the extent that they don't know if there is a mistake in their job, they just collect money from u nd b loitering around the site nd waste ur hard earned money due to their inexperienced.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:41am On Mar 22, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,000 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free) .. ...(NOTE: N25,000 PROMO price for 5L × 14 units well packaged inside thick export cartons for safety available !!)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 5 Litres = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.275 specific gravity range.

*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winner estate, off Agbe road / off Abiodun Onitiri avenue, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dominic17: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2023
Thank very much for this wonderful advice I appreciate it
Akerewe:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:33am On Mar 22, 2023
Badgers14:

So these things are advertised as 25 years warranty, is that 25 calendar years or just marketing ploy?

Also, do you know anyone that have used this system between 2-5 years? ( do they have any concerns)?

Thanks again

The market is infiltrated with good and bad ones… but if you can get original one trust me no regret.

At least we have setup for about 3 clients no complaint yet…

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2023
Our company is progressing, bring ur art work,let give u what I want.09058432795.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by thickhabbey(m): 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2023
I have a plot of land at Atan, Ota Ogun State for sale. The land belongs to me with reciept of purchace and Job card issued by the community head. I urgently need funds for some personal stuffs which is why i am putting the land for sale. Also, the land has ongoing construction of a 3 bedroom flats on it.
Kindly reach out to me if interested on zero eight zero, six zero, four eight, two eight, eight one. 08060482881
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2023
thickhabbey:
I have a plot of land at Atan, Ota Ogun State for sale. The land belongs to me with reciept of purchace and Job card issued by the community head. I urgently need funds for some personal stuffs which is why i am putting the land for sale. Also, the land has ongoing construction of a 3 bedroom flats on it.
Kindly reach out to me if interested on zero eight zero, six zero, four eight, two eight, eight one. 08060482881

Where in atan and how much are you looking at ?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mvphenryeto5: 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hi guys, I need your opinion on stone coated roofing sheet, I have seen so many of the roof that faded in 5 years, how do I get the original ones that won't fade

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2023
Contact Imran, he sell original stone quoted roofing sheet with 50 years warranty
mvphenryeto5:
Hi guys, I need your opinion on stone coated roofing sheet, I have seen so many of the roof that faded in 5 years, how do I get the original ones that won't fade
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2023
mvphenryeto5:
Whatsapp 08085310359 for Quality Stone coated Roofing sheet

Checkout our previous Roofing project here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/162
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 9:25pm On Mar 22, 2023
Badgers14:

Thanks again

Actually it's a marketing ploy.there is no manufacturer that will give 25yrs warranty on their products.

- have a couple of designs like this before and have never had any issue or complains from client...
But if you must get one,I recommend Ariston or sweet home.
Sweet home and Ariston are still the best as far as I know.

For this system,you can budget 1m - 1.5m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 1:31am On Mar 23, 2023
walexProjects:

Actually it's a marketing ploy.there is no thinking manufacturer that will give 25yrs warranty on their products.

- have a couple of designs like this before and have never had any issue or complains from client...
But if you must get one,I recommend Ariston or sweet home.
Sweet home and Ariston are still the best as far as I know.

For this system,you can budget 1m - 1.5m

Thank you!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:14am On Mar 23, 2023
redgem:

The parlour is long (Parlour and dining together) as what the electrician said... So he had to put that much pop lights... Total pop lights in the house is 40... 8 wall brackets

You can use 3W as against 6W. Also wall light is becoming old except you have passion for it. People prefer ceiling fitting and the chandelier in the sitting room. You can as well compliment it with strip light ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3351) (3352) (3353) (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) ... (3643) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mythy70(m), Gharnew112(m), dareh85 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.