Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4366076 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3400) (3401) (3402) (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 7:55pm On May 31, 2023
Good evening everyone, contact us for your Land Survey services. 08069018449
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2023
Rany4all:
Hello people! Please how does one fix leaks on a stone coated roof where the points of leakage are covered by wood...I mean like you can't really see the holes on the roofing sheets, but you can clearly see water dropping from the wood (purlins). Thanks.
So easy,call a Professional carpenter to trace the water from the wood and apply silicon gum either to the top or down of the leaking spot of the roofing sheets.
Im your best plug for Flat roofing system...

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:15pm On May 31, 2023
olukaygold:

So easy,call a Professional carpenter to trace the water from the wood and apply silicon gum either to the top or down of the leaking spot of the roofing sheets.
Im your best plug for Flat roofing system...
Okay, thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2023
Good morning.
OAKGroup wishes everyone a happy new month.
We remain your firm plug to architectural designs and building constructional works.
https://www.nairaland.com/7497942/suitable-architectural-edifice

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:36am On Jun 01, 2023
Happy New Month esteemed members of this wonderful thread..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Verfiymytenant(m): 10:10am On Jun 01, 2023
Awesome Design.
Good Morning everyone. We are tenant verification company in Nigeria. We help landlords and property managers to conduct tenant screening and background checks. Our solution is faster, more secure and affordable.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 11:07am On Jun 01, 2023
Happy New Month Everyone...
God's Favour, Blessings and Protection Always.
Have a Blissful Month

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
The yield strength of steel does not depend on the quantity /numbers of rebars but varies with the type of rebars.
For high yield it is between 410-500 N/mm2 while for mild steel is 250N/mm2.

For your columns or other structural members, the quantity and size of rebars are gotten from the designs and calculations of the steel area of that member.

Akerewe:
Good evening house,

Pls what is the yield strength of using 6 (12mm) in a column over 4 (16mm)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Derkonig20222: 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY MATERIALS IN CONSTRUCTION.

High quality materials create the ideal environment for all aspects e.g insulation, electrical components, drainage, etc. They ensure that the overall project meets quality standards and is durable, cost-effective, safe and sustainable.
The foundation of every construction project is ideally "quality" therefore good quality projects always utilize high-quality materials; this is what makes the whole project worth investing in.

What is the importance of using high quality materials.
They are more secure and sustainable - they are more durable than their cheap counterparts and able to withstand wear and tear much better.
They require less maintenance since they can withstand wear and tear better.
They cause less strain on your budget - they are upfront, but they actually save your money in the long run.
They increase home value etc.

Poor quality construction and finishing will result in a building that is not as well suited to it's purpose as it could be.
The key advantage of quality control in construction is that it helps alleviate risks especially that of damage or accidents, it increases efficiency, it boosts profit and reduce waste.
These are the reasons why you should never leave your building construction projects to amateurs or untrusted individuals/personnels to handle, which is also why you need Der Konig constructions for all your building construction and construction materials leasing all the way.

We're a trustworthy construction company that takes quality very personal and with utmost importance.
Contact us today on
Facebook @Derkonig Constructions
Twitter @DerKönig_Constructions
Instagram @derkonig_constrictions
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Aforxzy:
The yield strength of steel does not depend on the quantity /numbers of rebars but varies with the type of rebars.

For your columns or other structural members, the quantity and size of rebars are gotten from the designs and calculations of the steel area of that member.

Thanks engineer

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2023
Aforxzy:

our female engineer in the building. Back in school we had only 2 female in class and they are not even practicing today, one is selling teddy bears lol. I applaud you for taking up the challenge.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 3:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
visaclick:
our female engineer in the building. Back in school we had only 2 female in class and they are not even practicing today, one is selling teddy bears lol. I applaud you for taking up the challenge.

How does selling teddy bears make her different from the one practicing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Aforxzy:

For your columns or other structural members, the quantity and size of rebars are gotten from the designs and calculations of the steel area of that member

More theoritical than practical!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
GVTAsiwaju:

We are here to provide solutions to any kind of construction challenges

You know what this is? Am looking for where to buy it in Nigeria, I used it on my driveway. See before and after.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
Still your blessed Sam building materials enterprise and also blessed sunny global investment home of building materials

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mackengift: 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Calling all facilitators, agents and marketers to Join our WhatsApp group page, and promote your items and locate properties for your sales.

https:///B7GyOrFOXwS2IQxf9CLkPX
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mackengift: 10:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
Who wants to take advantage of our professional logistics, architectural 3D design and building construction services, which can offered any where in Nigeria.
Contact
WhatsApp number: 08170496387.
For calls: 08106969406, 08026581581

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GVTAsiwaju(m): 10:11am On Jun 02, 2023
We are one of the best manufacturer of construction chemicals in west Africa; waterproofing admixtures and membrane, concrete admixtures, structural grout, tile adhesives/grout/cleaner, concrete sealer, insulator and what have view....

Are you experiencing active leakage?
Dampness of walls base on condensation, penetration or rising?
Want to waterproof your roof slab, gutter?

Call us: 08186542205
Costarchem.ng

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NestateHousing: 10:42am On Jun 02, 2023
Good day bosses!
I am a realtor and real estate agent.I run a real estate marketing company in PH.
I also run a community of realtors that boasts of a realtors community in Rivers State,Lagos State,Abuja,Abia State,Enugu state,Kano state,Imo state and Anambra with over a thousand members.
I would love to work with those who are into construction here to market estates in these respective states. I am also open for partnership.

For those who are realtors in the states mentioned above you can contact me to be part of this community.

Contact me on;
0 8 1 3 0 0 3 7 1 0 6
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
Pop at affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chuxx84: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
edward2018:
4 bedroom bungalow that can perfectly fit in to a plot of land. All rooms en-suite, spacious living room, study, and spacious kitchen with ante room. We can as well modify it to suit your wish. Contact us on WhatsApp ::+2347031571105

Can 3 bedroom bungalow fit into half of a plot of 120/60?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by edward2018(m): 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Chuxx84:

Can 3 bedroom bungalow fit into half of a plot of 120/60?

Yes sir. Kindly contact us on WhatsApp +2347031571105.

So we can work on your brief, to achieve the good success. Thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
Gen2men:
Does the foundation beam help to solve dampness experience on the building walls .
No, Foundation beam does not prevent rising dampness. (Because concrete on its own is porous)

Rising dampness is prevented by placing of DPM (Damp prove membrane).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gen2men: 7:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
Charisdesigns:

No, Foundation beam does not prevent rising dampness. (Because concrete on its own is porous)

Rising dampness is prevented by placing of DPM (Damp prove membrane).

thank you for the reply
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
Open Kitchen interior design ✅️
<The great room>

Setting up beautiful and functional spaces......
Call or whatsapp: zero9122348437

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lga23: 11:55pm On Jun 02, 2023
Hi Folks, I have a question please, How does one go about removing an uncompleted building from a purchased plot of land to erect a new building. The building is at the lintel stage on the ground floor, ready to be decked. Is it possible to remove this building and also remove or reuse the German floor to construct a new one with different designs?
Asking as I am looking at a plot of land to purchase. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by edward2018(m): 2:28am On Jun 03, 2023
lga23:
Hi Folks, I have a question please, How does one go about removing an uncompleted building from a purchased plot of land to erect a new building. The building is at the lintel stage on the ground floor, ready to be decked. Is it possible to remove this building and also remove or reuse the German floor to construct a new one with different designs?
Asking as I am looking at a plot of land to purchase. Thank you.

It is possible to remove it completely. It can be done manually or mechanically depends on your choice.

It would be advisable to remove the whole structure completely from the site. Reasons been..
(1) the standard of the existing foundation might not been known. So it will be safe to have your own built from inception to cater for all the big English that may come later.
(2) Space might also be different, with this it might call for additional joining of some parts or removal,(to suit ur design wishes) which will be somehow as the whole foundation will not have a monolithic bonding.

Above all, complete removal is the best. Thank you sir.

Tunward project consult is always at your service. You can contact us on WhatsApp:: +2347031571105
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:35am On Jun 03, 2023
Nero2424:

You know what this is? Am looking for where to buy it in Nigeria, I used it on my driveway. See before and after.
I am surprised that your HOA allowed this. Did you check with them?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:37am On Jun 03, 2023
GOOD morning and happy weekend to everyone here,
(Benin city Edo state ) casement tower embedded with burglaries 12mm has been delivered and installed by ADEDWARD, from nairalander client, thanks u for ur love sir,

Those are the material we used,

*Tower material, grey color
* 5mm black glass
* 12 mm iron standard sizes
* Vibres nets

Contact ADEDWARD for ur windows today, chart me on my watsp to send ur measurements to us, 08135810794,
Or call ADEDWARD on this number 08107201532

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3400) (3401) (3402) (3403) (3404) (3405) (3406) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rotecch77(m), adenuga558(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.