Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (33490 Views)

NTA And AIT Now Praising GMB!!! / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Who Remembers This Children's Tv Program From The 80's/90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by spikedcylinder: 2:42pm On Apr 13, 2009
soloreal:

SUPER TED, i miss all this episodes!

1. SuperTed and Mother Nature
2. SuperTed and the Gorilla
3. SuperTed and the City Of The Dead
4. SuperTed and the Elephant's Graveyard
5. SuperTed and the Giant Kites
6. SuperTed and the Goldmine
7. SuperTed and the Great Horrendo
8. SuperTed and the Gun Smugglers
9. SuperTed and the Inca Treasure
10. SuperTed And the Lumberjacks
11. SuperTed and Nuts In Space
12. SuperTed and the Pearlfishers
13. SuperTed and the Pothole Rescue
14. SuperTed and the Stolen Rocket
15. SuperTed and the Train Robbers
16. SuperTed and Trouble in Space - Part 1
17. SuperTed and Trouble in Space - Part 2
18. SuperTed at Creepy Castle
19. SuperTed at the Funfair
20. SuperTed at the Toy Shop
21. SuperTed in China Town
22. SuperTed in the Arctic
23. SuperTed Kicks Up the Dust
24. SuperTed on Planet Spot
25. Bulk's Story
26. SuperTed Meets Father Christmas
27. SuperTed and the Crystal Ball
28. SuperTed and the Magic Word - Part 1
29. SuperTed and the Magic Word - Part 2
30. SuperTed and the Whales
31. SuperTed in Texas
32. SuperTed in Spotty and the Indians
33. SuperTed and the Rattle Snake
34. SuperTed Goes Round the Bend
35. SuperTed's Dream
36. Tex's Magic Spell

There is no way in the world you memorised all that over the years.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ spikedcylinder

true, got help from google and almost all the episodes i watched them
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2009
@goodass, Late mr. Era aka shanana was in riddles and hopes i think,

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2009
haaaa memories!, i bumped SUPER TED and Spotty IN YOUTUBE, i remebered those days of the programme,whenever we heared the music we came running to the sitting room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uib_Tkb_V8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex7gMOMPnww&feature=related

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by spikedcylinder: 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2009
Cool. cool cool cool
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by awoll(f): 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2009
yeah, this has me going, almost brought me to tears, did actually, honestly!!!

but no one has mentioned, on your marks is BRIGHT SPARKS,

the if you live on PIGEON'S STREET, here are the people you will meet, here are the people who will say hello, goodbye, hello, goodbye!!

then BERTHA, lovely bertha, lol

also the english programme, brushstrokes,

my faves were rentaghost, alo alo, fawlty towers, telematch!!, jake and the fat man, moon lightning, cheesy cheesy those days were the best!!

i loved watching the ava advert from youtube, then the hey joygirl, aawww, wish i could go back in time(the 80's/early nineties-93 precisely!!!)for just one week!!!
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Ndipe(m): 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2009
I like the NTA of the 80's, because they showed a mix of foreign and native programs.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by obatoro: 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2009
It used to be NTV then later NTA!
The good old days,
Remember skippy the kangaroo, Love boat, Sha na nah and sooooul train?
Then the advert of , wise men bank with UBA and women too with UBA.
You watch those hings with the candy bar called "goody goody" you can suck it all day long!
Then NTA was more meaningful, entertaining and very educative but now? Trash!
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Ndipe(m): 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2009
obatoro:

It used to be NTV then later NTA!
The good old days,
Remember skippy the kangaroo, Love boat, Sha na nah and sooooul train?
Then the advert of , wise men bank with UBA and women too with UBA.
You watch those hings with the candy bar called "goody goody" you can suck it all day long!
Then NTA was more meaningful, entertaining and very educative but now? Trash!

That advert preceded "Cock crow at dawn," which I think was sponsored by UBA and shown on Friday night. Childhood memories of Nigeria is very sweet and nostalgic. What shows are popular today on Nigeria's television? Today's youth would in future also reflect back nostalgically on their era.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by toosweet: 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2009
how come nobody mentioned the "man from the atlantic ocean"
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2009
Mad_Max:
What a memory! I saw everything on that Drama list except CHIPS/STASRKY AND HUTCH/MATLOCK. Only COSMOS and 3-2-1 Contact on the second list. Did you ever see
ARC 2
The Man in the Briefcase
Vegas
ARC 2 sounds vaguely familiar. I can't remember The Man in the Briefcase. I remember Vegas - that was wayback!

COSMOS endeared me to the master-teacher Carl Sagan. He made me realize that very complex subjects, if properly understood, can be broken down and explained to a 10-year old.

I remember Howard's way. Good drama. Cockcrow at Dawn had a lovely theme song by Bongos. Randall and Hopkins is the guy in white who won't stay dead.I LOVED Robin of Sherwood. The music and the atmosphere was fabulous. And Bigfoot!I'd forgotten that one! And Sandoka, the guy with the sword! The CI5 guys were the coolest things in existence,along with The Saint. The Invisible Man! Peter! Grin
Man, the nolstagia is just,

Spike I remember that car ad. The cartoon car with the symptoms. Man, those were amazingly creative years. 

*Howard's Way got me interested in the UK. I loved that drama!
*Cockcrow at Dawn was phenomenal! Bongos Ikwe's music was heavenly!
*You remember Randall and Hopkins - sweet.
*Robin of Sherwood was made by the gods for the enjoyment of mortals! I've ordered the whole episodes from Netflix and re-watched everything. The music by CLANNAD, my No.1 Celtic music group! I adore CLANNAD and have about 14 of their albums - on CD! Call me old school  grin.
*Bigfoot and Wildboy - you recall this? Wow!
*Sandoka! You must have grown up in Lagos in the 80's. I think it was only NTA Channel 10 Lagos that ever aired Sandoka. I may be wrong though. I want to buy the DVDs. Any ideas?
*CI5 was the epitome of action in the 80s.
*The Saint - "My name is Templar, Simon Templar".
*Do you remember Space 1999? I missed that one on my list. Maya, that girl that could transform into some monster! shocked
*The Invisible Man was so entertaining, my mom never missed an episode.

I held back sweet tears of nostalgia while making up that list. May God make our futures as glowingly beautiful as those shiny moments in our pasts. Amen.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 7:33am On Apr 17, 2009
I forgot eastenders and cheers, Only fools and horses
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 7:37am On Apr 17, 2009
shocked cant believe we forgot space coaster,the music band and their car that could take em anywhere.Na wa o!I feel like sobbing
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Enigma(m): 9:17am On Apr 17, 2009
It was 'The Man in a Suitcase' - aka McGill.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Makavelis(m): 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
was a baby? don't remember nothin grin, didn't miss somethin grin
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2009
How come no one hasn't mentioned VOLTRON: Defender of the universe.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by mellion: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2009
YEs i do. grin
with cartoons like Super Ted, Pigeon Street,Atom Ant,Secret Squirrel,Bird man,sesame street, please remind wat the name of the programme which was about mathematics?
G-Force, Speed racer i could on forever.

I wish we could re-runs of these programmes and lets the young ones growing to see how cartoons of back then were educative then and how its still relevant.

grin
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by MadMax1(f): 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2009
RichyBlacK:

ARC 2 sounds vaguely familiar. I can't remember The Man in the Briefcase. I remember Vegas - that was wayback!

COSMOS endeared me to the master-teacher Carl Sagan. He made me realize that very complex subjects, if properly understood, can be broken down and explained to a 10-year old.
*Howard's Way got me interested in the UK. I loved that drama!
*Cockcrow at Dawn was phenomenal! Bongos Ikwe's music was heavenly!
*You remember Randall and Hopkins - sweet.
*Robin of Sherwood was made by the gods for the enjoyment of mortals! I've ordered the whole episodes from Netflix and re-watched everything. The music by CLANNAD, my No.1 Celtic music group! I adore CLANNAD and have about 14 of their albums - on CD! Call me old school  grin.
*Bigfoot and Wildboy - you recall this? Wow!
*Sandoka! You must have grown up in Lagos in the 80's. I think it was only NTA Channel 10 Lagos that ever aired Sandoka. I may be wrong though. I want to buy the DVDs. Any ideas?
*CI5 was the epitome of action in the 80s.
*The Saint - "My name is Templar, Simon Templar".
*Do you remember Space 1999? I missed that one on my list. Maya, that girl that could transform into some monster! shocked
*The Invisible Man was so entertaining, my mom never missed an episode.

I held back sweet tears of nostalgia while making up that list. May God make our futures as glowingly beautiful as those shiny moments in our pasts. Amen.

Yes, I did grow up in Lagos in the 80s. Didn't the whole world? grin

I don't remember Sandokan much. I was little. But I know he was a pirate and was just awesome with a sword. We'd all go a little mad whenever we hear the theme music and destroyed the living room with imaginary swords and 'killed' anybody who tried to stop us. Isn't it available online for download?Perhaps the DVD could be got at Amazon or ebay. It would so cool to see those again. Vegas was more recent than Sandoka, I think. I never saw Space 1999.

Howard's Way I followed religiously, but it wasn't completed. A lot of these series were made many years before they were aired on local TV. Sandoka was made in the 70s and aired locally in the 80s. You'd think they'd know which series had a finale,beofre they got one hooked.

Yeah, I remember Big Foot. The guy would come jumping from some height and land on someone's car. I can't recall the plot of a single episode, though. Man in the Briefcase was an amazing series. Totally addictive.

Those CI5 guys were the epitome of cool. I wanted to be them. grin
The invisible Man. I'd forgotten that one till I saw it on your list.Just delicious. cheesy
Do you remember The Bionic Woman and Man from Atlantis?

Robin of Sherwood is just PHENOMENAL. That theme- The only words were
Roooooo, bin
The Hooded Man

And yet I'd get goose bumps. I LOVED the music so. CLANNAD? I'm checking them out.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by vescucci(m): 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2009
You guys make it look like I was born yesterday. Cut all this nostalgic wahala already.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 18, 2009
Y no one hasnt mentioned Voltron: defender of the universe. And i also remember nduka in checkmate.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by AjanleKoko: 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2009
mellion:

please remind wat the name of the programme which was about mathematics?

Square One TV, with the Mathnet Private Eyes (mathematicians) at the end.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by phantom(m): 11:47pm On Apr 19, 2009
Sorry,did anyone mention terrahawks?
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by MadMax1(f): 10:47am On Apr 20, 2009
vescucci:

You guys make it look like I was born yesterday. Cut all this nostalgic wahala already.

You had to be there. The 80s was the time to be a kid. You don't know what you missed.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by vescucci(m): 11:58am On Apr 20, 2009
Rub it in, why don't ya
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by MadMax1(f): 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2009
vescucci:

Rub it in, why don't ya

I'm tryin', I'm tryin'!
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by spikedcylinder: 12:53pm On Apr 20, 2009
Baba Suwe's Erin keke, 7.30pm every Monday. grin grin
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by spikyn: 7:15pm On Apr 20, 2009
I miss 'Third Eye' (Olu Jacobs/Yomi Adeyemi-Wilson)

On some levels, I'd rather the kids today had more educational tv definitely not 24hours sha.

I wonder if NTA know how much money they'd make if they make their archives available.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by vescucci(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2009
But they insufferably stupid, are they not?
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Ced8: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2009
That they are,,,10 folds
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Orilee9ice(m): 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2009
Humm where should i start sef, oh those days,,,,,,,
NTA CHANNEL 10 LAGOS
aNNOUNCER: This is the Nigerian Televison Authority NTA Channel 10 coming to you from Victoria Island in Lagos, we are operating of a frequency of.bla bla bla. 25 megawtzs blabla, yOUR aNOOUNCER 2DAY IS theodora Ifudu (THE ONE WITH the big wig then) and the time is 3 mins to 6, then that music, TEN TEN TE REN TER REN TE N TER TEN TE,, PAM PA RAM PA RAM, PAM PA PA RA PARA RA, TE REN, PAM PA PA RAM PA RA RA,

Childrens programmes
ANIMAL GAME, 7UP BIRTHDAY PARTY, EPSOMS FABLES, GIGINTOR, YOGI BEAR, SCHOOLS DEBATE, ETC

SOAPS
MIRROR IN THE SUN, BEHIND THE CLOUDS, KOKO CLOSE, ZEBRYDIYA, SAMANJA, COCK CROW AT DAWN, WINDS AGAINST MY SOUL, VILLAGE HEADMASTER, BABA SALA, BABA MERO, OGUNDE, ADIO FAMILY, SECOND CHANCE(MADAM KOFO), BASSEY & CO,

MUSCIALS
SOUL TRAIN, BAR BEACH SHOW, SUNDAY RENDEVOUZS, KESSINGSHEEN SHOW, VARIETY SHOW, MUSIC VIDEO SHOW (OGTV) BEACHCOMER (WITH SAM SHONIBARE, WONDER WERE HE IS NOW, ), DISCO 79 AND 80,

ADVERTS
JOY GIRL (jayyyyyy! joy girl. useless bottom shaking by force, joy joy, joy, ), CORTINA SHOES (We all love CO- TIN - NAAA) , MOBIL, BP. UBA (Wise man bank with UBA, and women too, with UBA, Start a savings account today, with UBA, UBA!), TOM TOM, VELVETONE CREAM,

OH THOSE DAYS,
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by MadMax1(f): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2009
This Orilee9ice no gokill persin. Which one be ten ten ten ten ten ten ren ren ren again? grin Hey I liked that Joy Girl advert! The same Dora Ifudu that became a singer? She used to be a presenter? I'd forgotten Beach Comber.
Re: Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? by Orilee9ice(m): 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2009
Yes o Mad Max abi  you no don jazzy re ni!! you know, as pee, Hi! Hellloooo!!, you get me, i just dey rememebr di musik they play when they wan to announe the programmes for di day jare.no mind me .oh those days

Dora Ifudu was a presenter,  announcer, news reader , in fact eve'ting! sha. her sistha also, 4gotten her name, they were  amongst the stylish ones then  in the ranks of Siene All Well Brown (or Siene Rasak Lawal), my sister used to copy all her styles, dresses, shoulder pads, headgear, hair etc,  Tokunbo Ajayi (of blessed memory), Ruth Benemisia (Saw her @ Bluewater - Kent,  the other day- with her "dada!" hair now ) Sola Adelehin (John Momoh' s wife) everytime ther was a NTA STAFF wedding, they all wore the "aso ebi" (Aso oke complete) to read the news that nite,

Does anyone remember all those news readers with dem "baff up traditional gear" Patrick Oke, John Momoh, Nkena Nudaguba, , This is FRANK OLOZIE,  reporting for NTA News,  in our quest for the "COMMON MAN", that guy used to trip me up with his Eastern 9JA accent,

SAM SHONIBARE, was the presenter of Beachcomer, my favourite joint then, a place to be seen, you had to be on his good books to be on his show,

Aditu, on LTV 8, (E ba waa ki awon onigbowo, eto yi be "Ile ise won o ni jo naa o" Amin!)

Mama de Mama (Radio Lagos) every Friday morning @ 9am, "E maa mi e maa seju Ki a jo maa se'ju waa pe pe pe, ki olorun jeki a fi oju naa wo oun ree o , Amin! Arugbo so ge ri, Aso alari lo ni asiko, kii pe kii ti ni ti sanyan, etu ni baba aso,  eku dede wo yi o eyin olugbooo mi, 

Behind the clouds, Behind the clouds,

Mirror in the sun (Efe, Nosa, Tosan, BABARA SOKY, (MAIN ACTRESS!!)

Cock Crow at dawn, (Ene Oloja  Danladi Bako)

Adio Family ! (i was on the as a guest) told everyone who cared to listen then,

Musical Video Show (OGTV & LTV8) this was our Social Bible then, Clothes, Dance Moves, Hair cuts, etc, My mum always had to come back from shopping when it started so it was one eye on the TV . and the other unpacking from Car to kitchen,

Weekend Choice (Tokunbo Bakare, LTV8) INTERVIEWING @ HAPPENING PARTIES,

SECOND CHANCE, (9JA version of Mind your LANGUAGE) madam de madam, it is a matter of CASH!!

The Banana Split Show------- Tra la la, la la la la, Tra la la la la la la, One banana, two banana, 3 banana 4,  bla bla bla,  Its the Arabian Nights NEXT!, AND THAT GIRL WHO ALWAYS COMES OUT DANCING AND GOES BACK IN DANCING AS WELL,

SCHOOLS DEBATE!!  oh shoot!!! dont get me started!! Igbobi College verse Holy Child College, (I BEG MAKE I NO PUT YEAR  MAKE YOU NO WORK AM OUT HOW OLD I DEY NOW,,,,LOL) i was Chief Speaker, for Igbobi College, and we beat those "Butter Girls" LIVE on TV, i was hero for a whole semester, with my "Jand English"
"Good Evening, Honourable Host and Time keeper, distinguished and in-corruptable, panel of Judges, fellow co-debaters, and the audience,  My name is Orilee9ice, chief speaker, representing Igbobi College, The Topic before me this evening is "Prevention is better than cure" , and i am here to oppose the motion, (AFTER SO MUCH GRAMMA!) I hope i have fully and totally convinced you and not confused you, that, bla bla bla, (pause for a moment with a serious look!),  Thank you! cool  .chei!! those days, then i bounced off, in my "fruit of the loom white shirt, Brown selfridges Khaki Jeans and Pam sandals to match, Brother Johnson's "shako-mended" glasses or windscreens as we called them then!. , and of course the school tie, worn in the "then fashion" immaculate, to impress!, all away baffs of course!

.oh come and see "atewo" galore,

i beg make i stop here for now,

Oluyole n'she Kanifal
Ske kes ke skele be
La'le ojo yen ni bo lo waa
Ske kes ke skele be,

We gatz 2 bee bigz o!
we gatz 2 belongz!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It's Hard For Me To Sleep At Night Without Nini - Saga / BBNaija S6: Beatrice, Peace Squabble During Task Preparation / #BBNaija2018: Lolu Cries As DJ Xclusive Appreciates Him (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.