Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi (2301 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by REALTRUTH1: 1:46am On Mar 30, 2009
Abuja-GENERAL Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, has warned Christian workers against perverting the word of God as, according to him, God does not use ministers that distort His word.
Speaking at the Ministers’ Conference at Gwagwalada, Abuja, yesterday, Kumuyi said that God is seeking holy Christian workers in whom to deposit the power of the Holy Ghost for the end-time harvest but insisted that pastors and ministers who abandoned the standard of God’s righteousness cannot be used for the kingdom work.

He urged participants at the inter-denominational gathering to yield themselves completely to the will and service of God who is capable of turning them to great instruments for the propagation of the gospel.

According to him, God turned Peter into a fisher of men from a fisherman; changed Paul from being a persecutor to a propagator of the gospel of Christ, noting that God has the wherewithal to turn them into great ministers who will be sources of blessings to their various congregations.

He admonished the ministers to be firm in their resolve to serve the Lord, in spite of challenges of their environments, stressing, “when God sends His workers to difficult people and places, they should just obey and go because He goes with them.”

In his remarks, the chairman of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Gwagwalada branch, Pastor Alfred A.Omuta, urged preachers of the gospel to consistently seek the face of the Lord to grow in grace and in the knowledge of his word.

Taking his text from 2Peter3:18, the clergyman explained that God’s grace helps believers to be spiritual, becoming more like Christ in all things as well as increase in every good work.

Yesterday’s meeting was part of the PFN-organised Abuja Power Crusade of Kumuyi which started in Nyanya on March 24 and will terminate on April 3 at the Eagle Square.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/32250/42/
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by REALTRUTH1: 1:52am On Mar 30, 2009
Abuja-GENERAL Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, has warned Christian workers against perverting the word of God as, according to him, God does not use ministers that distort His word. Speaking at the Ministers’ Conference at Gwagwalada, Abuja, yesterday, Kumuyi said that God is seeking holy Christian workers in whom to deposit the power of the Holy Ghost for the end-time harvest but insisted that pastors and ministers who abandoned the standard of God’s righteousness cannot be used for the kingdom work.
How can we know amongst the many pastors and men of God in Nigeria,,,who is actually perverting God's word.With the highlihted statement above,,Kumuyi tends to generally implied that God's words has been distorted for personal gains,,,at what point in time can we say some of these men of God have distorted God's word by taking advantage of the gullible amongst us, Pleaes people of God your contributions re highly need.
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by Maykelly(f): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

Abuja-GENERAL Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, has warned Christian workers against perverting the word of God as, according to him, God does not use ministers that distort His word.
Speaking at the Ministers’ Conference at Gwagwalada, Abuja, yesterday, Kumuyi said that God is seeking holy Christian workers in whom to deposit the http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/32250/42/

Before now, we use to have evangelists, but no more evangelists. They are all pastors, preachers and ministers. Some Ministers, Preachers and Pastors pervert the word of God the way it will yield increase for them but not the followers.

But Christ said he came for the poor, the afflicted and he really showed it. He did not build mansions neither did He build a hut to lay down His head, rather He was going round doing good and speaking the Word of God to the people.

But who are the true ministers, pastors and evangelist, those that do not pervert the word of God? Who are they and where can they be found?
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by KunleOshob(m): 10:17am On Mar 31, 2009
@Post
True talk

Romans 16:17-18:
17 And now I make one more appeal, my dear brothers and sisters. Watch out for people who cause divisions and upset people’s faith by teaching things contrary to what you have been taught. Stay away from them. 18 Such people are not serving Christ our Lord; they are serving their own personal interests. By smooth talk and glowing words they deceive innocent people.
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by KunleOshob(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2009
1 John 4:1:
1 Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 John 4:5:
5 Those false prophets speak about matters of the world[prosperity] and the world listens to them because they belong to the world.
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by REALTRUTH1: 11:55am On Mar 31, 2009
KunleOshob:

1 John 4:1:
1 Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 John 4:5:
5 Those false prophets speak about matters of the world[prosperity] and the world listens to them because they belong to the world
I always appreciate your contribution Mr Kunle because you always use relevant Biblical scriptural quotes to back up ur statement,,,but don't these so called men of know what they re doing by distorting God's word?Also,,though I have very high regards for Kumuyi,,,why can't he mention names of some of these so called men of God.For kumuyi to be making such remarks about men of God,,,it means that this distortion has now become completely obvious,,,over to you our pastor Kunle!!
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by KunleOshob(m): 12:03pm On Mar 31, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

I always appreciate your contribution Mr Kunle because you always use relevant Biblical scriptural quotes to back up ur statement,,,but don't these so called men of know what they re doing by distorting God's word?Also,,though I have very high regards for Kumuyi,,,why can't he mention names of some of these so called men of God.For kumuyi to be making such remarks about men of God,,,it means that this distortion has now become completely obvious,,,over to you our pastor Kunle!!
If pastor Kumuyi should mention any names he would be accused of being jugdemental, the other pastors would probably criticize him back and this would cause further divisions within the church. I think it is better to teach people how to discern these fake pastors form the scriptures and lleave people to decided themselves. Mentioning names would only make matters worse.
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by KunleOshob(m): 12:12pm On Mar 31, 2009
The bible already predicted that there would be several false prophets and warned us against falling for their antics. There being false prophets today is only a fufilment of the scripture.

2 Peter 2:1-3:
1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.

Matthew 7:21-23:
21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by JJYOU: 12:23pm On Mar 31, 2009
we used to sing

you love the world
and the things of this world
you love

[b]the Lord commanded
that you love one another you did not

where is the love of God X3
in your heart.[/b]

a day is coming when we shall all appear before the great Lord of all.  when we shall all be tried for our works and words.

those who wont make Him thier Lord now wont deny Him the priviledge of being thier judge on that day

you remember the song

" O what a weeping and wailing when the lost were told of thier fate

The Lost were Told of Their Fate

I dreamed that the great judgment morning

Had dawned, and the trumpet had blown;

I dreamed that the nations had gathered

to judgment before the white throne;

From the throne came a bright,

shining angel

And stood by the land and the sea,

And swore with his hand raised to heaven,

That time was no longer to be.

The rich man was there but his money

Had melted and vanished away;

A pauper he stood in the judgment,

His debts were too heavy to pay;

The moral man came to the judgment,

But his self-righteous rags would not do;

The men who had crucified Jesus

Had passed off as moral men, too.

The soul that had put off salvation–

"Not tonight; I’ll get saved by and by;

No time now to think of religion!"

At last, he had found time to die.

[size=14pt]And oh, what a weeping and wailing,

As the lost were told of their fate;

They cried for the rocks and the mountains,

They prayed, but their prayer was too late.
[/size]

Rodeheaver’s Gospel Solos and Duets, The Rode-heaver Hall-Mack Co., Winona Lake, IN, 1925

where would you be?
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by REALTRUTH1: 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2009
@Kunleosho: you re very correct,,however does it mean this would continue in perpetualty becos even lay man and none-christians can easily fault these pastors nowadays.Going by this quote of urs 2 Peter 2:1-3:
1 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. 3 In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.
money and materialism has become the measure to determine who a man of God is in Nigeria,,the many followers are not even born-again as they profess and these pastors care less.Infact just last one pastor Abiara in Ibadan was interviewed and he said Alao Akala is God fearing man and from another source he was referred to as a Deacon in the church.Things like these don't happen in the days of John the Baptist,,
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by JJYOU: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2009
2 Timothy 3 (Amplified Bible)

1BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear].

2[size=14pt]For people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud and arrogant and contemptuous boasters. They will be abusive (blasphemous, scoffing), disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane.[/size]

3[size=13pt][They will be] without natural [human] affection (callous and inhuman), relentless (admitting of no truce or appeasement); [they will be] slanderers (false accusers, troublemakers), intemperate and loose in morals and conduct, uncontrolled and fierce, haters of good.

4[They will be] treacherous [betrayers], rash, [and] inflated with self-conceit. [They will be] lovers of sensual pleasures and vain amusements more than and rather than lovers of God.
[/size]

5For [although] they hold a form of piety (true religion), they deny and reject and are strangers to the power of it [their conduct belies the genuineness of their profession]. Avoid [all] such people [turn away from them].

6For among them are those who worm their way into homes and captivate silly and weak-natured and spiritually dwarfed women, loaded down with [the burden of their] sins [and easily] swayed and led away by various evil desires and seductive impulses.

7[These weak women will listen to anybody who will teach them]; they are forever inquiring and getting information, but are never able to arrive at a recognition and knowledge of the Truth.

8[size=13pt]Now just as [a]Jannes and Jambres were hostile to and resisted Moses, so these men also are hostile to and oppose the Truth.[/size] They have depraved and distorted minds, and are reprobate and counterfeit and to be rejected as far as the faith is concerned.(A)

9But they will not get very far, for their rash folly will become obvious to everybody, as was that of those [magicians mentioned].

10Now you have closely observed and diligently followed my teaching, conduct, purpose in life, faith, patience, love, steadfastness,

11Persecutions, sufferings--such as occurred to me at Antioch, at Iconium, and at Lystra, persecutions I endured, but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12Indeed all who delight in piety and are determined to live a devoted and godly life in Christ Jesus will meet with persecution [will be made to suffer because of their religious stand].

13But wicked men and imposters will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and leading astray others and being deceived and led astray themselves.

14But as for you, continue to hold to the things that you have learned and of which you are convinced, knowing from whom you learned [them],

15And how from your childhood you have had a knowledge of and been acquainted with the sacred Writings, which are able to instruct you and give you the understanding for salvation which comes through faith in Christ Jesus [through the [b]leaning of the entire human personality on God in Christ Jesus in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness].

16Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action),

17So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Re: God Doesn’t Use Perverts —pastor Kumuyi by KunleOshob(m): 1:42pm On Mar 31, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

@Kunleosho: you re very correct,,however does it mean this would continue in perpetualty becos even lay man and none-christians can easily fault these pastors nowadays.

Yes i believe it would continue in perpetuality as that is what the scriptures say, i just hope they don't lead too many people to hell. That is also the reason why the scriptures say that judgement would start in the church. It also says that preachers of the word would be judge on stricter terms:

James 3:1:
1[b] Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly. [/b]

I am sure a lot of our false prophets don't even consider the above message before starting their business ministry.

(1) (Reply)

The Beginning Of The Universe-The Big Bang Theory / Obama Step Mother In Scoan / Religion Takes Another Fatal Blow...this Time, From Education!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.