Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On (1308 Views)

My Omatek Laptop Loss Sound After I Have Formated It / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem / How Do I Remove NAV2004 (Norton Antivirus 2004) From My PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On by Zule(m): 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2006
got a problem on my hands guys.my pc goes off 2 or 3 secs after i power it on.tried troubleshooting by removing all cards, memory and checking the connectors but to no avail.i initially suspecterd the power button as the pc comes on as soon as plug the cable to the mains.what could possilbly be wrong with it.
Re: My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On by esquire(m): 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2006
Change your power pack with good known working one that should solve the problem. Let me know how it goes
Re: My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On by Zule(m): 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2006
that was actually the first thing i did.
Re: My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On by Romulus(m): 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2006
Since you changed the PSU and it still does like that, try making sure your MOBO ani't blown and also make sure none of the jumpers or resisitors on it it broken. To be sure your MOBO's ok, take out everything on it except the video card and the RAM modules. Connect your monitor and power the pc. If the problem persists, then your board myt be gone. Let me know wassup if the problem persists and wat you have done so far

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On by Zule(m): 2:53pm On Oct 06, 2006
thanks for ur advice, but i have done all u said, i even replaced the processor, still didn't solve the problem.
Re: My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On by Romulus(m): 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2006
If the PC is connected to a UPs, check wether the battery is not dead. Changing the processor wont solve the problem. I still suspect you MOBO is burnt. Try changing you MOBO and let me know wassup.

Good luck cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On by layi(m): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2006
Have you tried the herbalist. Your PC needs "agbo".

On a more serious note, your PC is gone. Just take the HDD to engineers for data retrieval. It could be a virus because I know of 1 that makes systems act that way. Take it to a good engineer. There are lots @ d comp villa
Re: My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On by ishmael(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2006
Go to setup and check the status of the system's "power on" and "shutdown". I will still advice you to use another fresh HDD and reinstall the operating system, because during reinstallation the operating system corrects some abnormalities.

(1) (Reply)

Enjoy On Your Pc Or Laptop @a Fast Speed For Free 24hrs / I Stil Need Acer Aspire 4810t Motherboard / Help On How To Unlock Huawei Modem E303

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.