Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? (5194 Views)

Novel Readers(nora Robert,dan Brown,daniel Steele,sydney Sheldon) / Igbo Readers, Can You Recall This Novel / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by BobiJoe: 2:27am On Mar 30, 2009
Can u remember ur first novel? if so state the title/author and whether u found it interesting

i still remember mine ,it was"FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC" by V.C Andrews,a very touching and heartbreaking book.

So wat about u, can u still remember?
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by SeanT21(f): 2:30am On Mar 30, 2009
my first was probably Nancy Drew.I remember the first line.Hahah
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by k4kenny(f): 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2009
my first novel was prolly something from enid blyton, i must have read about 100s of her books then, but one of my first real novel was "the girlfriend" by R.L Stein (Goosebumps author). i was in pry 5 then ans my teacher made a huge scene when she saw it.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Remii(m): 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2009
I think my first novel was "If tomorrow comes" by Sidney Sheldon then Stranger in the mirror , The other side of Midnight, Besty by Harold Robins,. Read lots of pacesetters to. This is assuming Yoruba novels like Igbo Olodumare, Ogboju Ode et at are not counted.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by BobiJoe: 10:35am On Apr 01, 2009
@k4kenny
my first novel was prolly something from enid blyton, i must have read about 100s of her books then,al novel was "the girlfriend" by R.L Stein (Goosebumps author). i was in pry 5 then ans my teacher made a huge scene when she saw it.

I read so much r.lstine too while in school especially his fear street series
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by iice(f): 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2009
I was extremely young but the first books i remember were B.F.G - Roald Dahl and Jason and the Golden Fleece, i don't remember though who wrote it. Loved them, fantastical pieces.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 02, 2009
My first was

Oliver Twist.

I loved that book
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by SisiJinx: 12:27am On Apr 02, 2009
Child Possessed. . . can't forget that.

Was 7yrs old and it took me months and months to finish it. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Child Possessed. . . can't forget that.

Was 7yrs old and it took me months and months to finish it. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sisi, long time o.

You just left us like that.

Hope say you dey kampe? wink kiss
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by SisiJinx: 12:37am On Apr 02, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Sisi, long time o.

You just left us like that.

Hope say you dey kampe? wink kiss

Ruby!! It is naija ooooh. cheesy

When Family duties comes-a-calling, you gotta answer it. cry

Came home for my cousin's wedding, got caught up with the prep and all that.

How are you doing? kiss kiss kiss
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 02, 2009
Wow!! Congrats to her, and may she lavish and enjoy her marriage with showers of blessing cheesy cheesy

I knew that something had to be up for Sisi Jinx to leave Hauwa all unprotected by herself tongue grin grin

I dey kampe o, Oluwa seun. I'm just waiting for my own jollof rice wink
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Ibime(m): 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
Peter and Jane, Jack and Jill, etc etc etc
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Rekky(f): 4:28pm On Apr 02, 2009
Sweet valley, loved the twins.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Mashkov: 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2009
Evbu My Love - Pacesetter Series. Was wonderful then.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by koolpal(m): 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2009
invariably U all started reading late, cos i 4 one can't recall my early book since i read anything worth reading
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by tboy1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2009
The Famous Five by Enid Blyton
Cant remember which one though, i've read all of em'
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Azanor(m): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2009
Famous Five Series by Enid Blyton

then came almost everything else for enid blyton from the wishing chair to the 3 golliwogs

my first adult novel was rockstar by jackie collins. i was about 13 then
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Baro(m): 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2009
Eze Goes To School
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by candyshore: 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2009
i cant remember dats too long ago
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by kliffo(m): 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2009
COAL CITY, cant remember the author, was in elementary 5 then and there was a competition in the house on who would finish first. Would still be a compelling read if i come across it again.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Redman44(m): 5:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
I have read loads of books but I think the first novel I read is ' The Passport of Mallam Ilia ' by Cyprian Ekwensi. It is a classic Nigerian novel and it is very easy to read. The book looks like a passport itself. I read the book the first time while I was in Primary four. I have reread several times since then. Someone told me recently that some American movie producers want to turn the book into a film. For me, The Passport of Mallam Ilia is it. Cheers.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by babadee(m): 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2009
My book of Bible stories,
funny that it was my first book considering my life philosophy now,
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by server34(m): 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2009
babadee:

My book of Bible stories,
funny that it was my first book considering my life philosophy now,

Pls tell us what you mean. . . cos that was one of my first books too.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by netotse(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2009
mine was prolly my book of bible stories too, funny thing is most of the copies we used to see abt that time were torn and in various states of disrepair. . .
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by PeeDaVinci: 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2009
New Oxford English Course (NOEC) or Alawiye by JF Odunjo - i dont know which of the tow
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by invisible2(m): 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
chike and the river.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by babadee(m): 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2009
@server34,
freethinkin now,
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by yemooffa(m): 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2009
mine was flowers and shadows by ben okri
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by kokoye(m): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2009
Akara ogun ninu igbo irumole
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by dominique(f): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2009
kokoye:

Akara ogun ninu igbo irumole
Seriously?

@topic
cant really remember, something between Ali's bycicle, Ade our naughty little brother and heidi. but my first real novel was "time changes yseterday" by Nengi Kion. i've read about a dozen times and i will most def read it again.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2009
Nyengi Koin you mean?
Excellent novel, it painted an almost vivid picture of couples dealing with sickle cell disease.
Re: Novel Readers! Can U Remember Ur First? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2009
First real novel was "Magic Faraway tree" by Enid Blyton.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Sisters And A Corper / An Obsolete World / Adventure Of Sam Tee(story Of A Young Teenager,love...and..crime)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.