Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced (9263 Views)

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities / Fqas For FRESH Graduates Seeking Career In Power Industry. / Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
This thread is opened as a platform for fresh graduates of petroleum engineering to interact, and get information about the various job opportunities in the Oil&Gas industry for petroleum engineering profession. It is expected that the experienced ones in the industries will help out with information on career opportunities in petroleum engineering and how such jobs could be landed.
Also, it would be appreciated if the salary range
of various companies can be discussed.
your contributions is highly welcome.

SPE! Oil&Gas!! cool

1 Share

Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by abiambo(m): 8:05am On Aug 26, 2015
Hi every1.... we knw jobs are getting scares in d industry based of some operations being shutdown and all, but I also knw dat a few companies are expanding... let us do well to post dos jobs here
SPE--- oil and gas

1 Like

Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 9:11am On Aug 26, 2015
abiambo:
Hi every1.... we knw jobs are getting scares in d industry based of some operations being shutdown and all, but I also knw dat a few companies are expanding... let us do well to post dos jobs here
SPE--- oil and gas
hello abiambo, you are welcome to petroleum engineers thread. are you a petroleum engineer?
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by Timynder(m): 11:27am On Aug 26, 2015
Do you the best place to get Oil & Gas vacancies is here http:///949vvE...you can thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
Timynder:
Do you the best place to get Oil & Gas vacancies is here http:///949vvE...you can thank me later
Are you in the industry already? please share your experience lets graduates petroleum engineers and others learn from you. thank you
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
Timynder the link u gave is not opening, please crosscheck it and resend. thanks
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by Ahmed4002(m): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2015
S.p.E
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by abiambo(m): 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
Mud engineer/ gas engineer
petengine:

hello abiambo, you are welcome to petroleum engineers thread. are you a petroleum engineer?
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by abiambo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
Error msg... review d link u posted
Timynder:
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ahmed4002:
S.p.E
Oil&Gas!!!
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
abiambo:
Mud engineer/ gas engineer
wow, nice meeting u Sir. any experience and advice you can share to us the graduates yet to break into the industry?

1 Like

Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by abiambo(m): 7:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
get industry specific certifications till u get a job, that way you'll hit the ground running
petengine:

wow, nice meeting u Sir. any experience and advice you can share to us the graduates yet to break into the industry?
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
abiambo:
get industry specific certifications till u get a job, that way you'll hit the ground running
I will appreciate if you can be more specific on which type of certification for a fresh graduate with zero experience. Thank you
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by abiambo(m): 8:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
it depends on you, really what aspect of peteng do you have flair for and would really love to work in,
for example you may have a knack for drilling so after service you can do IWCF level 2 or IADC and then mud engineering, you may like reservoir then you can find a company there are a few (not sure of late but i can find out) where you can learn how to use industry standard softwares (wireline, logging, mwd, lwd softwares), if its production thats your thing you well i really dont knw where you can do any training on that cos am not really drawn to that aspect of d industry, is it ''completions'' you like, seismic evaluation, name it
know what you have passion for and let that drive push you to want to know more in that field, if you search the internet am sure u will get alot more info than i can give
NB getting rig time is quite something so if your first job on the rig is rough neck, dont reject it, any rig time is better than no rigtime, + it will make you know first hand what goes on on a rig, what equipments and all,
petengine:

I will appreciate if you can be more specific on which type of certification for a fresh graduate with zero experience. Thank you
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
abiambo:
it depends on you, really what aspect of peteng do you have flair for and would really love to work in,
for example you may have a knack for drilling so after service you can do IWCF level 2 or IADC and then mud engineering, you may like reservoir then you can find a company there are a few (not sure of late but i can find out) where you can learn how to use industry standard softwares (wireline, logging, mwd, lwd softwares), if its production thats your thing you well i really dont knw where you can do any training on that cos am not really drawn to that aspect of d industry, is it ''completions'' you like, seismic evaluation, name it
know what you have passion for and let that drive push you to want to know more in that field, if you search the internet am sure u will get alot more info than i can give
NB getting rig time is quite something so if your first job on the rig is rough neck, dont reject it, any rig time is better than no rigtime, + it will make you know first hand what goes on on a rig, what equipments and all,

I actually have a flair for reservoir engineering. I contacted laser engineering in port Harcourt that deals with industry softwares but their training cost is quite expensive. to train on eclipse 300 was close to 1M. I met a former colleague who grad from my school that was ready to offer me such training at low cost but my fear was that he was not going to issue me any certificate. do u think having the knowledge of petroleum engineering softwares without certifications is really worth it in Nigeria where certificates are most preferred to the know how when it comes to job placement?
Thank you for your time
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by abiambo(m): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
laser is quite expensive, but except ur friend is terribly cheap knowledge w\0 certificate is tricky but no knowledge is lost, you can always add it to ur strenghts inn ur cv but going through professional training is really an added advantage, and again how much does he knw about the software has he used it in d field b4
petengine:

I actually have a flair for reservoir engineering. I contacted laser engineering in port Harcourt that deals with industry softwares but their training cost is quite expensive. to train on eclipse 300 was close to 1M. I met a former colleague who grad from my school that was ready to offer me such training at low cost but my fear was that he was not going to issue me any certificate. do u think having the knowledge of petroleum engineering softwares without certifications is really worth it in Nigeria where certificates are most preferred to the know how when it comes to job placement?
Thank you for your time
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 3:50am On Aug 27, 2015
abiambo:
laser is quite expensive, but except ur friend is terribly cheap knowledge w\0 certificate is tricky but no knowledge is lost, you can always add it to ur strenghts inn ur cv but going through professional training is really an added advantage, and again how much does he knw about the software has he used it in d field b4
good morning senior colleague, hope your night was great. I can't really tell if my friend has in depth knowledge of the software but he claims he has used it before to simulate a practical field problem as he has access to some field data that enable him to run the program.
May u have a great day!
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2015
Hello House, I want to enrol for General HSE in port Harcourt. which of these two training center is good to go in terms of their certification being well recognized by multinational oil companies.
1. NISP
2. Oiltrain
you can also suggest any other one that is better than the above mentioned. Hope u have a great day

1 Like

Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by Nigeriatraining: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
Be amongst the TOP PLAYERS in the OIL and GAS industry + Certificate to be issue after the training.

Apply for a Training in HSE LEVEL 1, 2 and 3/international Certification (N25000).

Trainings to be Held in Four(4) States: Lagos State, Delta State, Abuja and Rivers State.

Visit http://www.nigeriatrainingnetwork.com/events/hse-level-1-2-and-3international-certification-n25000/ for more information.

Let the Professionals do the JOB and be CERTIFIED

1 Share

Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
Nigeriatraining:
Be amongst the TOP PLAYERS in the OIL and GAS industry + Certificate to be issue after the training.

Apply for a Training in HSE LEVEL 1, 2 and 3/international Certification (N25000).

Trainings to be Held in Four(4) States: Lagos State, Delta State, Abuja and Rivers State.

Visit http://www.nigeriatrainingnetwork.com/events/hse-level-1-2-and-3international-certification-n25000/ for more information.

Let the Professionals do the JOB and be CERTIFIED
is your training program accredited?

2 Likes

Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by Nigeriatraining: 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2015
petengine:

is your training program accredited?

Yes our trainings are accredited.
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2015
Nigeriatraining:

Yes our trainings are accredited.
accredited by which body, and who are your partners?

1 Like

Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by Nigeriatraining: 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
petengine:

Log on to our platforms and see for yourself all our engaged and certified partners.
www.nigeriatrainingnetwork.com
www.nigeriatrainingcourses.com
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by Champella(m): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2015
These are the type of threads and topics i love. Let me stay here and learn from my bosses. cool
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2015
Champella:
These are the type of threads and topics i love. Let me stay here and learn from my bosses. cool
you are welcome onboard.
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by Nigeriatraining: 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
petengine:

visit www.nigeriatrainingcourses.com and www.nigeriatrainingnetwork.com to see the list of all our engaged clients.
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by marcondo13: 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
For those interested in learning more about the oil industry,I will recommend that of the premier pipe manufacturer,Tenarix which owns Tenarix University learning course on edx. It is called the Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) series,the first has ended,and the second course called ''Introduction to Steel'' is wrapping up,and you can still take part. The third course,''Introduction to running pipe in holes'' is currently on. You will need a PC because some of the exercises involves drag and drop which can't be done on mobile phones. Just Google Tenarix University or visit www.edx.org
Goodluck to you all.
Cc davide470

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
marcondo13:
For those interested in learning more about the oil industry,I will recommend that of the premier pipe manufacturer,Tenarix which owns Tenarix University learning course on edx. It is called the Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) series,the first has ended,and the second course called ''Introduction to Steel'' is wrapping up,and you can still take part. The third course,''Introduction to running pipe in holes'' is currently on. You will need a PC because some of the exercises involves drag and drop which can't be done on mobile phones. Just Google Tenarix University or visit www.edx.org
Goodluck to you all.
Cc davide470
is it online learning course?
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by marcondo13: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
petengine:

is it online learning course?

Yeah. It is an online course and it is free just like that MOOC sponsored by IFP and TOTAL. I guess a Continued Professional Training certificate from Tenarix will look nice on your CV. All you have to do is register on the edx platform,log in,search for the course,enrol,and click on the ''view course'' icon. Then,you are ready to start.
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by petengine(m): 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
marcondo13:

Yeah. It is an online course and it is free just like that MOOC sponsored by IFP and TOTAL. I guess a Continued Professional Training certificate from Tenarix will look nice on your CV. All you have to do is register on the edx platform,log in,search for the course,enrol,and click on the ''view course'' icon. Then,you are ready to start.
thanks. I'll do that. when is the closing date for application and what are the requirements for registration? thanks
Re: Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced by marcondo13: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2015
petengine:

thanks. I'll do that. when is the closing date for application and what are the requirements for registration? thanks

no requirement. Just your email address and the usual personal info. I think the course will end on October 10.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Financial Risk Manager (very Urgent) / Can You Work Under Your Wife? / Professional Bodies & Courses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.