Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,022 members, 7,803,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

The Demand For Years Of Experience ! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Demand For Years Of Experience ! (970 Views)

Friday Vacancies For Those With 0-3 Years Of Experience / After 2 Years Of Unemployment. / How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Demand For Years Of Experience ! by akintoso1(m): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2006
It is with great annoyance I made this submission about employers of labour in Nigeria over their demand for YEARS OF EXPERIENCE before they can grant you a place in their establishment.As a fresh graduate from the Nigerian Universities or Polytechnic, where do they want you to get those years of experience they are demanding.Infact as fresh graduate are we not going to start from somewhere, even the so called group with 5 , 10 years or more started from somewhere.It seems it's a Nigerian mentality especially by those who love maintaining  what I called STATUS QUO, never likes change and fresh ideas many of these young graduates has to offer.It's indeed a very sorry state and I wonder what will happen if those people currently employed in these short sighted organizations retires, whether or not they will consider thousands of  graduates roaming about the streets.?? angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The Demand For Years Of Experience ! by forgiven(m): 3:32am On Oct 03, 2006
hey man, by asking for number of years of experience, don't you think they are only trying to test your reasoning ability? i am yet to see a nigerian ngraduate without experience. five plus "x" years in the uni is already an experience. add up the secondary 3-3, that is another six. look thru thier advert and fine tune your cv to suite it. if they want experience in anything, tell them in ur cv that u have it. what else, u get the opportunity to prove ursef and if u r good, u get the job. i know guys that got good jobs in this way my brother.

(1) (Reply)

Tired Of Agn / Please I Need A Job Urgently, Please Help Me Out / Chartered Accountant Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.