Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge (50864 Views)

Nigerians React To Snake That Swallowed N36m In JAMB Office (Photos) / See The Giant Scorpion I Saw At My Door Net Yesterday Night @my Lodge / See Snake That Was Killed This Afternoon At The Front Of AAUA SENATE BUILDING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Eniqurl(f): 1:31am On Aug 27, 2015
Holy!
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Bollinger(m): 1:38am On Aug 27, 2015
divAnnie:
So you have to wait until a snake attacks you before killing it abi? You won't have to wait for long, before you say 'chai', it would have dug it's fangs right in your as-s.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Some people read too much yahoo pages.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Kirinwa: 1:45am On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Damn!... The way snakes are being killed these days, I fear they may go extinct.

... And they still went ahead to roast it. I can't imagine eating snake meat. Yuck!

Let them go extinct joor. I hate snakes.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by SynecticsLAB1(m): 1:46am On Aug 27, 2015
That snake is a dwarf, why is it so short (length) and yet so fat (width).... Oh meeeeeeeennnnnnn, Na wa o, snake midget...
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by experimentist: 1:51am On Aug 27, 2015
adesegun121:
shocked shocked shocked shocked
see bush meat ooooooooooooooooo
obeeeeeee grin grin grin grin
u be confirm village boy , I see u
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by 19naia(m): 1:52am On Aug 27, 2015
Another very deadly Gaboon Viper. Considered endangered
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by addikt(m): 1:55am On Aug 27, 2015
Not naughty, just the truth.....telling the story by yourself will be an irony..
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:08am On Aug 27, 2015
eme1n:
That is a viper!!
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 27, 2015
millionaireman:

This could be the same specie with that your so-called snake.

In Orlu area of Imo state, it is not poisonous - never bites. It is called "Eke Ukwu." If it dares enter your house, you take it away to the roadside.

You are right! They are very docile and rarely bite according to google.....but if provoked, their bite will send one to his/her maker!
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 27, 2015
eme1n:
That is a viper!!

Thought so too.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by ICEMAN(m): 3:14am On Aug 27, 2015
Bro well done. Be careful around there. That reptile probably didn't grow far away from there. Go to Church on Sunday and Praise GOD! Money no be life!!!
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by LockDown69(m): 3:33am On Aug 27, 2015
Which kind lodge be that wey de harbor snakes? #Imagining grin
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Kentrasso(f): 3:37am On Aug 27, 2015
People should be careful about these snakes that they kill and eat. Not all of them are edible
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Kentrasso(f): 3:40am On Aug 27, 2015
millionaireman:

This could be the same specie with that your so-called snake.

In Orlu area of Imo state, it is not poisonous - never bites. It is called "Eke Ukwu." If it dares enter your house, you take it away to the roadside.

Where's time to check whether snake is harmless oe not?? By the time you're done you'll be saying hello to the grave
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by bamideleniayo(m): 3:53am On Aug 27, 2015
Animal Cruelty..
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Diamondpicture(m): 3:55am On Aug 27, 2015
A section part of my tradition you dare not touch these snake and the snake in return will never bite you even when you step on it you guys just killed someone's grand father
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by camoung: 5:05am On Aug 27, 2015
vivaciouzz:
It just finished raining,and one of my lodge mates sighted this big snake and killed it,still scared oo..the head was cut off,the guys around went to roast it grin grin
see meat, chOoooooi!
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by bummyla(m): 5:27am On Aug 27, 2015
I hate snakes! Tufikwa! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by adesegun121(m): 5:31am On Aug 27, 2015
experimentist:
u be confirm village boy , I see u

welldone oooo city boy
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by NTUEGBE(m): 5:44am On Aug 27, 2015
Make sure u don't kill agwo-ogbulugbu b/cos anihe will interveneooh!
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by ignis: 5:44am On Aug 27, 2015
datkaind:
why does Nairaland loves picking news about snake
Cause snake is trending now.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Pdizzle(m): 5:47am On Aug 27, 2015
nochildsplay:
That SA pastor should be responsible for this. Cos he's the one caasting in and out snakes from human being body.

The pastor no know say we no get joy for snakes here, we go kill hin members finish

1 Like

Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by HerexG(m): 5:47am On Aug 27, 2015
dazzlingd:
See, Kill and eat....that's what our ancestors have been doing while the whites were doing researches and making discoveries...

blacks, natural gluttons

You re a big fool for talking low of ur race
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by ojinuocheibi(m): 6:12am On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Damn!... The way snakes are being killed these days, I fear they may go extinct.

... And they still went ahead to roast it. I can't imagine eating snake meat. Yuck!
that is a viper.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Holyfield1(m): 6:15am On Aug 27, 2015
obontami:
[size20pts] ehen and so ??

Una see snake una kill am, wetim make we come do ??

Mtcheeew awon ode

na so mumu mumu thread go dey make front page, when i dey dey create confirm confirm thread

radada rederede
[/size]
Epele sir....I know its painful when u make important threads buh didn't make FP....u know what!...
I'll like to enlighten u on now to make FP these days
Step 1: Go inside the forest
Step 2: Hold a matchet
Step3:Kill any bush meat
Step 4: Post it on nairaland
FP straight grin grin grin
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Keepshining(f): 6:16am On Aug 27, 2015
vivaciouzz:
It just finished raining,and one of my lodge mates sighted this big snake and killed it,still scared oo..the head was cut off,the guys around went to roast it grin grin
When will people stop killing snakes?The creature wey dey go jejely on its own.This is man inhumanity to snakes.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 27, 2015
Bollinger:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Some people read too much yahoo pages.
Don't mind them. The normal survival instinct will either be to run or kill the snake. Me, I go run grin
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by arimahoseloka(m): 6:37am On Aug 27, 2015
Na WA o, is it African mentality or what. Must u eat everything u kill? Eat snake, antelope, eat, even hippopotamus, chai
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by donbenie(m): 6:42am On Aug 27, 2015
kenedy175:
Please, how do you guys know it's a viper
One rule of thumb for Vipers identification,they look like pythons but the colours and markings ain't exactly the same..short,stocky and MEAN..
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by eaglechild: 6:52am On Aug 27, 2015
All those shouting viper, you did not see the head and you are jumping to conclusions.

You cannot for sure say that it is a viper without seeing the head.
It may well be a young python, their markings look alike, besides pythons are much commoner.
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by mikkybellami(m): 6:59am On Aug 27, 2015
Shey nairaland don turn abattoir where all of una just dey show off the any animal u murder......me self go upload the next mosquito I murder grin grin grin
Re: See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 27, 2015
Most certainly a Gaboon Viper, rarely bites humans though its highly venomous.
The Gaboon viper venom is cytotoxic, this means that it attacks and destroy cells and tissues. It usually injects large quantity of venom in a single strike due to the large size of the glands that secrete the venom. They also have one of the longest fangs for a snake. Gaboon vipers are usually found in the tropics mainly in forest areas where they use dried leaves as camouflage for ambush attacks.
They do not have so much history of fatal encounters with humans.
In summary, vipers are not the species of snake you want to mess with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria / What's A Person Who Studies/studied English Language Called? / 10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.