Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (25466 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by joseph1832(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
MzNelly:

I've read a lot of confusing things....
I see. Do you believe everything you read?.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
joseph1832:
I see. Do you believe everything you read?.

No, I don't.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
FrancisTony:

Men do get raped just like women.

I find it "okay" if it applies to both gender but the writer seems to emphasize much on she/her/woman..

Okay., smiley
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by joseph1832(m): 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
MzNelly:

No, I don't.
Then why are you confuse?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
joseph1832:
Then why are you confuse?

Never mind.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by joseph1832(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
MzNelly:

Never mind.
I do mind. You might not know this but what you read have a very big tendency of affecting and shaping the way you think if you truly do not understand it.

Sometimes, it might completely through you of balance.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
joseph1832:
I do mind. You might not know this but what you read have a very big tendency of affecting and shaping the way you think if you truly do not understand it.

Sometimes, it might completely through you of balance.

Em....

Do you believe in the Bible?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by IsaacBuchi(m): 12:05am On Aug 30, 2015
firestar:

Send me a PM.
There's a poetry class currently on WhatsApp:
Nairaland Poetry Club.

I don't really know how this Nairaland PM thing works...I sent the message and i got a mail in my inbox rather....I cant even tell if it got to you or not....however, my details bear no security risk as i am no star yet grin......so here is my contact: ***********....Thank You
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by HIDDENSECRECY: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Em....

Do you believe in the Bible?

Hello Miss MzNelly.

Its really nice of you to awaken your brains to the realities of life.

I share your concerns Permit me to make varying contribution to your diary.

I was also raised in the "Truth", was baptized at age 14. The only organisation where your zealousness is judged based on how much time you put in field service and your spiritual progress in I'm now a passive witness cos of the irregularities that is rife within the "JWs". I followed the Australian Royal Commission's investigation into JW's child abuse and I was shocked to my feet to see how "Elders" from "Bethel" responded to the prosecutor and Judge. The following are my own concerns:

1) Why should an Elder be deleted because the child enrolled in a University?

2)Why does "JW" condemn the United Nations to be the disgusting thing/Wild beast while they are registered NGO with UN?

3) The misuse of scripture text is common among the JW.......
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 30, 2015
I am a Jehovah's witness and coming from Christendom I know what it was like. I am in d truth now and I thank God for guiding my path. No regrets whatsoever. I know what MzNelly is going through but when it happens I just take 2wks off from meetings and everything but I always go back cos what u learn @ d kingdom hall no pastor will stand on a pulpit and teach u, so m always grateful for d spiritual food I receive dats why no pastor can come and tell me nonsense. The question MzNelly is now that u have left where do u go? do u stay @ home or become an atheist. That's the only question I have for u.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 30, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

Hello Miss MzNelly.

Its really nice of you to awaken your brains to the realities of life.

I share your concerns Permit me to make varying contribution to your diary.

I was also raised in the "Truth", was baptized at age 14. The only organisation where your zealousness is judged based on how much time you put in field service and your spiritual progress in I'm now a passive witness cos of the irregularities that is rife within the "JWs". I followed the Australian Royal Commission's investigation into JW's child abuse and I was shocked to my feet to see how "Elders" from "Bethel" responded to the prosecutor and Judge. The following are my own concerns:

1) Why should an Elder be deleted because the child enrolled in a University?

2)Why does "JW" condemn the United Nations to be the disgusting thing/Wild beast while they are registered NGO with UN?

3) The misuse of scripture text is common among the JW.......

Yeah, it's really sad.

I heard of 1006 hidden child sexual abuse cases. I almost wept.

My Dad is an elder and it's almost like a secret whenever I'm leaving for school.
I'm sick of all this.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 30, 2015
dumo1:
I am a Jehovah's witness and coming from Christendom I know what it was like. I am in d truth now and I thank God for guiding my path. No regrets whatsoever. I know what MzNelly is going through but when it happens I just take 2wks off from meetings and everything but I always go back cos what u learn @ d kingdom hall no pastor will stand on a pulpit and teach u, so m always grateful for d spiritual food I receive dats why no pastor can come and tell me nonsense. The question MzNelly is now that u have left where do u go? do u stay @ home or become an atheist. That's the only question I have for u.

Lol

I'm not an atheist, bae.

I'm a Witness.

Happy? smiley
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 30, 2015
Lol Former JW Buh I'm atheist now grin #religionismanmade

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by kobosmalls: 1:36am On Aug 30, 2015
djoe21:

Think for themselves? It amazes me sometimes how people think that the life they own is of their making. I can understand the fact that many people now use religious means to exploit others-for even the bible forewarned us against false prophets and teachings/doctrines- but to debunk religion in it's entirety is just being ignorant. God exist! You only need to look at the designs and patterns in the universe as well as the workings of the human body to realise this. My dear life is not by chance; the unconscious cannot preceed the conscious.
Lastly, it beggers my imagination how people can scoff at the creation story of the bible-which shouldn't be read literally-but so gloriously advocate the 'Big Bang Theory'. Seriously?!
Have you ever stopped and asked why everything about that your bible is about the jews?
God chose them bla bla bla....... (partial God/ racist God)
Now he commands them from time to time to kill and loot other nations just because they dont worship him(kill them because,i didnt choose them).
Force other nations to believe in my name or perish(ego maniac)
I cant even do this because its too stupid to think that a book written by a bunch of jewish normads is from an almighty being.
This blood lusty God who demands that blood be shed for atonement of sin is a typical example of what idols represent.
Dont u think that this was an idol that jewish cavemen worshipped that's not too different from the ones africans also shed blood for?
Dude just google the real Noahs story and u will be amazed that there are multiple versions of this fable, some are over 2000 years older than that written in the bible and the funny thing is that most of them originated from other nations like babylon.
Like i said, your bible is full of bullsh1t and its exactly what it is.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by kobosmalls: 2:17am On Aug 30, 2015
dolphinheart:

Have you found out why we(humans) grow old and die ?
Google it and stop asking silly questions you major dud.

Your gene makes you grow old.

With time, people can possibly manipulate these genes and alter the gene sequence that causes ageing.

So u want to tell me that the fairy tale Adam in the bible assuming hee had not sinned could survive a deadly autocrash just because your bible says humans could have lived forever if not for sin.

So explain why animals die since they didnt sin?
I Bet your bible is fuzzy on that one.

Imagine an adult who believes that Jesus was concieved without s3x. What a bunch of sorry excuses for humans.
Anyone who believes in the Jesus immaculate conception trash talk is a complete ret4rd.

Your reasoning needs restructuring.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by InfinityEstates: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2015
'Jehovah's witnesses belong to a cult... Jehovah's witnesses are brainwashed... Bla bla bla...' Those lines have been recurrent on this thread. But permit me to add mine.

The truth is, whether you accept it or not, whether you believe it or not, this 'cult' 'brainwash' their members to TRY to live by high moral standards in this morally debased world. They brainwash their members to TRY to live by principles as set out in the Bible so as to live better lives, to be better neighbors, to be better citizens. The word 'TRY' is highlighted, 'cos these guys are not perfect. They are bound to make mistakes, to err, hence they can only TRY, and when they do err, they are corrected.

There's a saying that, 'among every twelve, there's always a Judas'. This also applies to this 'cult'. There are bad eggs among them and these ones tend to do things that disrepute them, so I'm not surprised when some talked about having some witness friends that are worse that Maheeda. But of course, they do this secretly 'cos they know they wouldn't be allowed to be witnesses if found out.

I'm not criticizing anyone here, but if a 'cult' brainwashed you not to harm your neighbors but to be good to them, not to cause harm to yourself but to live a life that makes your family and yourself happy... A 'cult' that teaches you to be clean morally and physically, honest, truthful, kind... Those are not bad things in themselves as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, before someone asks. I'm a Jehovah's Witness. And YES, I was born a JW. I'm not saying Jehovah's Witnesses are perfect. They are not! But as long as they continue to TRY to live by principles stated in the Bible, that's good enough for me.

Good Morning.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2015
InfinityEstates:
'Jehovah's witnesses belong to a cult... Jehovah's witnesses are brainwashed... Bla bla bla...' Those lines have been recurrent on this thread. But permit me to add mine.

The truth is, whether you accept it or not, whether you believe it or not, this 'cult' 'brainwash' their members to TRY to live by high moral standards in this morally debased world. They brainwash their members to TRY to live by principles as set out in the Bible so as to live better lives, to be better neighbors, to be better citizens. The word 'TRY' is highlighted, 'cos these guys are not perfect. They are bound to make mistakes, to err, hence they can only TRY, and when they do err, they are corrected.

There's a saying that, 'among every twelve, there's always a Judas'. This also applies to this 'cult'. There are bad eggs among them and these ones tend to do things that disrepute them, so I'm not surprised when some talked about having some witness friends that are worse that Maheeda. But of course, they do this secretly 'cos they know they wouldn't be allowed to be witnesses if found out.

I'm not criticizing anyone here, but if a 'cult' brainwashed you not to harm your neighbors but to be good to them, not to cause harm to yourself but to live a life that makes your family and yourself happy... A 'cult' that teaches you to be clean morally and physically, honest, truthful, kind... Those are not bad things in themselves as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, before someone asks. I'm a Jehovah's Witness. And No, I wasn't born a JW. So you should understand when I say I've gone around various religions and seen their hypocrisy. I'm not saying Jehovah's Witnesses are perfect. They are not! But as long as they continue to TRY to live by principles stated in the Bible, that's good enough for me.

Good Morning.

Keyword. Good enough for you.

And that's swell. I'm happy you're satisfied in what you believe in. Not most of us can relate to that.

Some of us have issues, that are better left unsaid, and that's what we're struggling with right now.

So congrats on finding the "truth." smiley
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2015
RomanZeus:
Lol
Former JW
Buh I'm atheist now grin
#religionismanmade

JW for how long?

How strong were you in the faith?

What made you swerve?

Do you truly believe there is no God?
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by paulGrundy(m): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

You snubbed me.

I did everything to reach you cry

Now you come on this thread and talk- undecided undecided

I'm upset with you.

Well, am always reachable, you can always reach me on any thread, am open.
Please don't be angry.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

JW for how long?

How long were you in the faith?

What made you swerve?

Do you truly believe there is no God?
[b]You keep making naive mistakes of which are always wrong regarding the position of atheism..

He does not believe there is no God rather he disbelieves there is..

Disbelief in a posit is not belief in the negate.... Just like that you disbelieve there is no Allah doesn't mean you believe there is no allah

It's just disbelief of the concept and disbelief is a skeptical position that requires substantiation for the concept in question.

E.g:
John: I have a diamond ball (claim)
ken: I don't believe you (disbelief... and this is not belief that john doesn't have a ball)
John: Ok here see (provides the ball, boom..proven!!)

Now Ken do not need to believe John has a diamond ball but it has been proven to be true, so Ken KNOWS and not believe)

equate that with the God claim.

Theist: I BELIEVE there is a God (claim)
atheist: I don't believe you, prove it (disbelief)

as simple as it gets..... (Belief is only applied to things you believe whether it is true or not, when something is proven it is no longer Belief but certainty **Sure**)
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 30, 2015
paulGrundy:

Well, am always reachable, you can always reach me on any thread, am open.
Please don't be angry.

*face palm* sad
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]You keep making naive mistakes of which are always wrong regarding the position of atheism..

He does not believe there is no God rather he disbelieves there is..

Disbelief in a posit is not belief in the negate.... Just like that you disbelieve there is no Allah doesn't mean you believe there is no allah

It's just disbelief of the concept and disbelief is a skeptical position that requires substantiation for the concept in question.

E.g:
John: I have a diamond ball (claim)
ken: I don't believe you (disbelief... and this is not belief that john doesn't have a ball)
John: Ok here see (provides the ball, boom..proven!!)

Now Ken do not need to believe John has a diamond ball but it has been proven to be true, so Ken KNOWS and not believe)

equate that with the God claim.

Theist: I BELIEVE there is a God (claim)
atheist: I don't believe you, prove it (disbelief)

as simple as it gets..... (Belief is only applied to things you believe whether it is true or not, when something is proven it is no longer Belief but certainty **Sure**)
[/b]

You want God stand before you and say "I exist" for you to remove any traces of doubt from your mind?

They're tons of things you and I don't see, but we believe they exist because we feel proof of their existence.

Have you, for once, tried to search for proof of God's existence?
No, right?

And yet when I say you don't believe there is a God, you write notes to confuse yourself on your aforementioned stance.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by HIDDENSECRECY: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

You want God stand before you and say "I exist" for you to remove any traces of doubt from your mind?

They're tons of things you and I don't see, but we believe they exist because we feel proof of their existence.

No, right?

And yet when I say you don't believe there is a God, you write notes to confuse yourself on your aforementioned stance.

I personally detest it when JW's call anyone with contrary opinion to theirs an "apostate".

As a JW, we don't celebrate "birthday" but celebrate "Anniversary" (e.g. wedding anniversary).

The reasoning book defined "birthday" as the "anniversary" of one's birth. OKM Aug 2014 titled "CELEBRATING 100YRS OF KINGDOM RULE"!!!

Can any JW here cite scriptural backing for anniversary celebration
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by johnydon22(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Oh No, there should be many compelling evidences, there should be absolutely no need for belief to establish a fact, it should be based on knowledge instead. .

If any God is proven on earth, there will be no need for belief or faith, cus everyone would be sure there is and know. . So unlike you, i'd rather base my confidence on evidence, plausibilities and reason and not ancient superstitions that
needs to be believed by faith rather than certainty... If there is need to believe anything by faith, there is no reason to believe it at all. . Have you ever searched evidences to believe a flying unicorn exists? There is absolutely no evidence what so ever that's why it requires faith.

Mention them lets see if they cannot be demonstrated. .

No, right?
Lmao... i definitely have had a belief before more than you if not. . .
Faith is only required where there is no evidence, you do not need faith to know that earth is real..You are certain, sure of it, so no faith what so ever is required.

Do you have any? lets see you tender it... smiley

Actually the only difference between you and i is that you have faith in unsubstantiated claims while i don't.

Your faith in anything doesn't make anything true or even probably true. .it only means you believe it whether it is true or not..

Until any of the 5000 God concepts man has come up with through out history is proven, you will always need to believe by Faith.

Which by definition is blind because it compels you to believe that which is asserted without evidence and ensures a strong emotional conviction...and kills your ability to throw out these unsubstantiated ideas against evidence. .

Hhmm i wonder who really is confused here. .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
HIDDENSECRECY:

I personally detest it when JW's call anyone with contrary opinion to theirs an "apostate".

As a JW, we don't celebrate "birthday" but celebrate "Anniversary" (e.g. wedding anniversary).

The reasoning book defined "birthday" as the "anniversary" of one's birth. OKM Aug 2014 titled "CELEBRATING 100YRS OF KINGDOM RULE"!!!

Can any JW here cite scriptural backing for anniversary celebration

Lol, anyone who has done deep research knows there's nothing scripturally wrong with birthdays.

The problem with the Witnesses is that they are too over zealous, and want Scriptural backing on everything, even in issues that just needs their own discernment.
The worst part is that they then impose it on others, which is beyond preposterous,
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

No, right?

MzNelly, ex JW convict here.

You've done well trying to critically think about your religious upbringing. But I fear this is the beginning of more knowledge and scrutiny to come.

The first step is to ask questions, and not follow a conclusion based on faith. I believe you are on the right part, you have tasted this and it has broaden your horizon. This is just the beginning.

i leave you with this quotes:

'Believe nothing no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense.' - Buddha

'Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

Reality is complicated. There is no justification for all of the hasty conclusions.” ― Hideki Yukawa

There are a lot more, but I need you to ponder on these.

And oh, you need to read a lot of books. Books to gather knowledge about how and why the world is what it is. I'm not even talking about evolution books. I'm talking History, Astrology, Ancient scrolls and all. They were written by humans like you. Don't belittle yourself.

READ and emancipate your brain from mental slavery.

I'm glad you're familiar with the concept of cognitive dissonance. Let it be your guide.

I almost got baptized at 18. Glad I didn't make that mistake.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
johnydon22:
Oh No, there should be many compelling evidences, there should be absolutely no need for belief to establish a fact, it should be based on knowledge instead. .

If any God is proven on earth, there will be no need for belief or faith, cus everyone would be sure there is and know. . So unlike you, i'd rather base my confidence on evidence, plausibilities and reason and not ancient superstitions that
needs to be believed by faith rather than certainty... If there is need to believe anything by faith, there is no reason to believe it at all. . Have you ever searched evidences to believe a flying unicorn exists? There is absolutely no evidence what so ever that's why it requires faith.

Mention them lets see if they cannot be demonstrated. .

Lmao... i definitely have had a belief before more than you if not. . .
Faith is only required where there is no evidence, you do not need faith to know that earth is real..You are certain, sure of it, so no faith what so ever is required.

Do you have any? lets see you tender it... smiley

Actually the only difference between you and i is that you have faith in unsubstantiated claims while i don't.

Your faith in anything doesn't make anything true or even probably true. .it only means you believe it whether it is true or not..

Until any of the 5000 God concepts man has come up with through out history is proven, you will always need to believe by Faith.

Which by definition is blind because it compels you to believe that which is asserted without evidence and ensures a strong emotional conviction...and kills your ability to throw out these unsubstantiated ideas against evidence. .

Hhmm i wonder who really is confused here. .

The problem with you Johnny is that you always try to rope me into an argument, even when I'm obviously not in the mood.

Seems you're lucky today. Let's argue on the existence of God.
But I beg you, be classy about it. If you run your mouth anyhow, it's over between us.

Proof of God's existence:
Life did not and cannot arise spontaneously from lifeless material. This is in complete agreement with scientific laws and experimental tests. The laws of statistics, entropy, calculations from thermodynamics and kinetics all converge on the conclusion that spontaneous generation of life cannot occur. It just does not happen.
Ever wondered why life does not exist on Mars or other planets on its own? Just like that? undecided
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

MzNelly, ex JW convict here.

You've done well trying to critically think about your religious upbringing. But I fear this is the beginning of more knowledge and scrutiny to come.

The first step is to ask questions, and not follow a conclusion based on faith. I believe you are on the right part, you have tasted this and it has broaden your horizon. This is just the beginning.

i leave you with this quotes:

'Believe nothing no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense.' - Buddha

'Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

Reality is complicated. There is no justification for all of the hasty conclusions.” ― Hideki Yukawa

There are a lot more, but I need you to ponder on these.

And oh, you need to read a lot of books. Books to gather knowledge about how and why the world is what it is. I'm not even talking about evolution books. I'm talking History, Astrology, Ancient scrolls and all. They were written by humans like you. Don't belittle yourself.

READ and emancipate your brain from mental slavery.

I'm glad you're familiar with the concept of cognitive dissonance. Let it be your guide.

I almost got baptized at 18. Glad I didn't make that mistake.

Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

This is just perfect. I felt like this so many times, but I just had to.....

Thanks, smiley
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

The problem with you Johnny is that you always try to rope me into an argument, even when I'm obviously not in the mood.

Seems you're lucky today. Let's argue on the existence of God.
But I beg you, be classy about it. If you run your mouth anyhow, it's over between us.

Proof of God's existence:
Life did not and cannot arise spontaneously from lifeless material. This is in complete agreement with scientific laws and experimental tests. The laws of statistics, entropy, calculations from thermodynamics and kinetics all converge on the conclusion that spontaneous generation of life cannot occur. It just does not happen.
Ever wondered why life does not exist on Mars or other planets on its own? Just like that? undecided

This just got interesting. But, for obvious reasons, maybe you shouldn't start by questioning the validity of God itself.

That's like the PhD of everything. johnydon22 take it slow. Guide, don't enforce.

I've realized it's very hard for non readers (especially those that are faulty in indepedent thinking and analysis) to grab the questioning god's concept.

MzNelly, if you really want to enjoy arguments for self developing reasons. and not to rub off Sunday time, then here you go: How to Win Every Argument: The Use and Abuse of Logic by Madsen Pirie

I have the pdf version, if you care.

Or better still, here is a thread I created to simplify the basics of arguments.

https://www.nairaland.com/2506120/introduction-logical-reasoning-fallacies-all
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

This just got interesting. But, for obvious reasons, maybe you shouldn't start by questioning the validity of God itself.

That's like the PhD of everything. johnydon22 take it slow. Guide, don't enforce.

I've realized it's very hard for non readers (especially those that are faulty in indepedent thinking and analysis) to grab the questioning god's concept.

MzNelly, if you really want to enjoy arguments for self developing reasons. and not to rub off Sunday time, then here you go: How to Win Every Argument: The Use and Abuse of Logic by Madsen Pirie

I have the pdf version, if you care.

Or better still, here is a thread I created to simplify the basics of arguments.

https://www.nairaland.com/2506120/introduction-logical-reasoning-fallacies-all

Sorry, are you a Muslim? Your moniker?

You believe in God? Allah?

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by HIDDENSECRECY: 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Lol, anyone who has done deep research knows there's nothing scripturally wrong with birthdays.

The problem with the Witnesses is that they are too over zealous, and want Scriptural backing on everything, even in issues that just needs their own discernment.
The worst part is that they then impose it on others, which is beyond preposterous,

Have you had time to read the "Shepherd The Flock Of God Book"? (if no, its available online)

I felt disheartened to see the biased writings of the governing body and hypocritical anecdotal scenarios.

E.g. Unmarried young people who move in together commits a sin but unmarried Elderly folks are allowed to move in together not counted as sin.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness by TheDauraMallam: 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
MzNelly:

Sorry, are you a Muslim? Your moniker?

You believe in God? Allah?

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Lol. It's really funny when people assume I'm moslem because of my moniker.

[s]Being a mallam does not signify having the moslem faith...[/s]

You know I actually typed the above because I assumed mallam were from the north. Assumption, but not sure. Then I crosschecked google and viola, I was wrong!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mallam is an honorific title given to Islamic scholars in Africa (see Mawlānā for usage and etymology).

To even think I had erroneously explained myself on previous Nairaland threads and was believed by people without checking out the facts is baffling.

OK. I'm not a moslem. The moniker was created in allegiance to Buhari's presidential campaign, ergo Daura. I was born into the JW faith. The book that actually messed up my mind about the JW doctrines were Mankind's Search for God, All Dan Brown Novels, and the Internet.

Here below was a comment I posted in 2009, with my first Nairaland account:

collins123:
I went to a bookshop few months ago and someone introduced the book, The Da Vinci Code to me. Been a lover of suspense and thriller novels, I had no choice than 2 buy the book for a whopping sum of 1,500 Naira.

The crazy part of this what what the dubious book was concocted with. In it (with surprisingly believable evidences ) were references claiming these facts.

1 - That Jesus Christ was not the son of God
2 - That he had a wife ( professed to be Mary Magdalene)which he had sexual relations with and the had kids.
3 - That his heirs have lived on after his death and can be traced to France.

And a lot more others that I can't say here. After reading the whole book (which I was tempted to; mind you the story line was as hot as hell, suspense filled) I wanted to watch the movie.Well I don satisfy my curiosity and so far my conclusions are :

The 'Da Vinci Code' is an attempt by forces of evil to smear the forces of light. It is a grand plan to sow seed of doubt in uncertain minds. The tactics is to grab those who are lukewarm christian and arm them with seed of doubt thereby preventing them from reaching the light. The longer objective is to create more candidates for hell.

I have watch documentaries on Discovery Channel, National Geography, and History Channel and all revealed the conspiracy theories behind the books that led to the movies. They were all based on lies and fabrications.

The Dan Vinci Code is for agnostics, atheists, and those who don't believe in the christian faith. That book is not good for weak Christians. I need anyone who have read this book, watch the movie or willing to join this discussion.

Extensively, you can know more without buying the book by visiting : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Davinci_Code

I'd also be willing to share the DVD with anyone who wanna watch. But one word of caution : You have the right to believe what you think it is the right thing. Peace Pie

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Are You Born Again? (10 Practical Ways To Confirm Your Status) / Pastor David Onyekachukwu Suspended By Mountain Of Fire Over Rape Of Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.