Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,322 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge (4540 Views)

El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos / FEC Approves N80bn For Second Niger Bridge, Roads Construction In 12 States / ‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by ayokellany: 9:05am On Aug 27, 2015
ABUJA–The on going construction of a second Niger bridge may be placed on hold until the integrity of the bridge is sorted out, the Federal government said Wednesday.
Reasons ranging from the actual cost of the bridge, non issuance of the Certificate of Compliance, non compensation of the host community and non adherence to due process in the award of contract were also responsible for the stoppage.

The disclosure was made by the Director-General, DG of Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission, ICRC, Aminu Diko after a private meeting with president Mohammadu buhari at the presidential villa, Abuja.

The DG while briefing State House Correspondent stated that the bridge was one of the issue discussed in the meeting.

Noting the importance of the road that linked the south east and south west, Diko however asked the people to be patient with the government.

He said: “The second Niger bridge is one of the projects that we discussed with the President. We did say yes it is in the commission for regulatory oversight. We have been discussing the transaction with the Ministry of Works. But before it can be finalized.

The commissioner has to give a certificate of compliance, but we haven’t even done that because we have seen a lot of issues that we are uncomfortable with. We are talking with the Ministry of Works for them to correct it.

“The communities around that area are clamouring that their lands have been taken and that they have not been compensated adequately. As a matter of fact, we got a letter from Onitsha traditional council complaining that they have not been adequately represented in this

transaction.

“These kind of issues we are not saying that something has not been done properly but we need to be convinced that these few problems are sorted properly.

“We will also talk about the actual cost of the bridge, eventually we have asked the ministry of works to review it and justify how much the project should cost.

“For the second Niger bridge there will be a lot of studies that needs to be done on the integrity of the bridge itself which will take time it is not something we can see being completed in the next six months.

“I will like us to be patient about it. We know that it is a critical road. We also know how Nigerians suffer during festive holidays and we hear people sleep on that old bridge. The time has come for us to bring succour Nigerians”.

http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/height-of-insensitivity-buharis-administration-gives-reasons-why-it-plans-to-stop-work-on-second-niger-bridge/

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 27, 2015
I hope its not true
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by DonBobes(m): 9:10am On Aug 27, 2015
oh boy, i mak am oh FTC!
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by Rexnegro(m): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2015
Good move , let fg check the contract integrity first to no what up if not that bridge might not be completed at the end due to money missing or looted.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by DonBobes(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2015
mineANDurs:
I hope its not true
angry
mineANDurs:
I hope its not true
na wa 4 u oh, u no fit gimme ds chance abov?
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 27, 2015
iro nla
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by laudate: 9:15am On Aug 27, 2015
Nnamdi kanu should be able to release funds to complete this bridge, nah! shocked angry

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 27, 2015
mineANDurs:
I hope its not true

I saw it on the News yesterday, the idiotic mallam was talking about compesation of land owners.... These were done before now, This is the more reason Biafra have to come fast..... These idiots with the Help of Yorubas want to deprive us everything yet they will ask why are Igbos leaving Nigeria....woe to any Lower Niger Deltans who dont support Biafra

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by meek2stylee(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2015
if truly d certificates were not issued then he mayb right to stop it,,,but he should be fast in this process because it will not only send bad signals agitations may follow and it wont be good for Nigeria as a whole no matter d tribe

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by UmuEri(m): 9:27am On Aug 27, 2015
I saw it on the news yesterday too

Buy do not worry, we have our plans.
Is oil not the main stay of the zoo?
What if the oil is destroyed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by ayokellany: 9:30am On Aug 27, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

I saw it on the News yesterday, the idiotic mallam was talking about compesation of land owners.... These were done before now, This is the more reason Biafra have to come fast..... These idiots with the Help of Yorubas want to deprive us everything yet they will ask why are Igbos leaving Nigeria....woe to any Lower Niger Deltans who dont support Biafra

How did Yoruba get involved in the cancellation of this project ? For God sake why are some Igbos so embittered ? What exactly did the Yoruba do to your people that some many of you live among them on their land yet you abhor so much hatred, why ? What exactly have the Yorubas stolen from the Igbos ?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by omenka(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2015
We know what scannews, breakingtimes, hopefornigeria and guardiannewsusa stand for- nevertheless, let me oblige you guys with a little details regarding this perfidy. This is an excerpt from the article I wrote some time back- opportunity cost of corruption under GEJ:

Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge: Nothing demonstrates Jonathan's grand deceit than his non-completion of the second Niger Bridge which happened to be one of his strongest campaign promises during 2011 elections. He even went as far as saying he'd go on exile if he doesn't complete that bridge before 2015!!

The Danyang Grand Bridge is a 165km engineering masterpiece built in four years, the same duration of time Jonathan plans to deliver his fabled Second Niger bridge of 1.5km!!

Let's play with these figures a little: for a bridge of 165km to be built in 4years, it means about 3.5km would be built in a month!! Just imagine this!! It means the Chinese would take less than a moth to deliver what it would take Jonathan 48months to complete!!! If that doesn't make your head spin, then I don't know what else would.

To the interesting part: it took just
$8.5billion to deliver this.

www.nairaland.com/2452978/opportunity-cost-corruption-under-goodluck
When you compare these in terms of cost and magnitude, you see what a gargantuan scam the contract for the second Niger bridge is. It must be reviewed (not scrapped) to save cost.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by asha80(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2015
omenka:
We know what scannews, breakingtimes, hopefornigeria and guardiannewsusa stand for- nevertheless, let me oblige you guys with a little details regarding this perfidy. This is an excerpt from the article I wrote some time back- opportunity cost of corruption under GEJ:

When you compare these in terms of cost and magnitude, you see what a gargantuan scam the contract for the second Niger bridge is. It must be reviewed (not scrapped) to save cost.
just to correct an impression...the second niger bridge is not only the bridge component but includes approach rd from asaba and connecing roads and small bridges to Onitsha owerri expressway and Onitsha Enugu expressway through mashy terrain

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 27, 2015
Why do I have the feelings buhari no go last for that also rock.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by Chiaka(f): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2015
Let them check the papers quickly and continue the work!
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by ChappyChase: 9:47am On Aug 27, 2015
Well igbos go still survive..
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by yorubatic: 9:49am On Aug 27, 2015
laudate:
Nnamdi kanu should be able to release funds to complete this bridge, nah! shocked angry
You are one of the reasons, igbos think yorubas are fuuls with Capital F, ...is thesame brave igbos who are fighting for biafra you talking about? Thesame people you are begging on your knees for them stay in your one Nigeria? The same people our cowardly Awo fought begged and fought so the remain with us?

Has Yoruba ruined your brain? Are you drunk with oily soup that you don't know cowardly history? Dont you know the igbos called our so called lagos NO MAN'S LAND. don't you know the igbos almost take over lagos? Dont you see the igbos representatives in our house of assembly? Dont you know Zik almost have been our premier during those days? And soon, the igbos might take over lagos without anyone blinking an eye?

Why are you making caricature of us? Are such a low lifer that you don't that nobody takes us seriously? NigerNigerians see yorubas are clowns who only rant and curse like market women...do you even think?

Ooh I see, you think that our diabolical and fetish way of life would save us....we are not talking about Inbreeding or ritualism here. ..we are talking about the future of Odu'a. ..I know you lack knowledge, hence you think we are talking about agberos and toutism.

You better start campaigning for odua republic. ..federal mugu...FM, just rant and curse as usual without making sense

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by ayokellany: 9:58am On Aug 27, 2015
omenka:

It's only in Nigeria you'd leaders celebrate commencement of a projects rather than its completion. Project taking weeks to complete in other countries takes decays in Nigeria. What is so spectacular about the second Niger bridge that it can not be completed in 4 yrs ? How many year did it take Babangida to complete 3rd mainland bridge n he does not even own a PhD. Ethiopia rail started after Ekorail n Rivers Monorail is already in operation about a year ago. This same project cost less than quarter what ours cost. I believe when contractors n construction companies are being jailed for contract inflation that is the day Nigeria takes a turn for sustainable growth.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by laudate: 9:59am On Aug 27, 2015
yorubatic:

You are one of the reasons, igbos think yorubas are fuuls with Capital F, ...is thesame brave igbos who are fighting for biafra you talking about? Thesame people you are begging on your knees for them stay in your one Nigeria? The same people our cowardly Awo fought begged and fought so the remain with us?

Has Yoruba ruined your brain? Are you drunk with oily soup that you don't know cowardly history? Dont you know the igbos called our so called lagos NO MAN'S LAND. don't you know the igbos almost take over lagos? Dont you see the igbos representatives in our house of assembly? Dont you know Zik almost have been our premier during those days? And soon, the igbos might take over lagos without anyone blinking an eye?

Why are you making caricature of us? Are such a low lifer that you don't that nobody takes us seriously? NigerNigerians see yorubas are clowns who only rant and curse like market women...do you even think?

Ooh I see, you think that our diabolical and fetish way of life would save us....we are not talking about Inbreeding or ritualism here. ..we are talking about the future of Odu'a. ..I know you lack knowledge, hence you think we are talking about agberos and toutism.

You better start campaigning for odua republic. ..federal mugu...FM, just rant and curse as usual without making sense

Why are you quoting me? International Mugu!! Have you taken your medications today to help you think straight, you silly wanabee?? shocked

Ì ̣nà-apù ̣alā? What is my business with Odua republic? Why not direct your misguided question to the Yoruba people??

Na so una sickness dey start.... angry Yorubatic - Ndị àkàloògòlì jì yà aka

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by Bobbystanley(m): 10:01am On Aug 27, 2015
Another Reason why Biafra must come.

I'm happy the Dullard is Opening the eyes of the Gullible Igbos craving for one Nigeria. He is an enemy of Igboland.

Whether Bridge or no Bridge. The Igbo man would still survive and leave a more comfortable life than millions of Zoogerians

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by ayokellany: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2015
yorubatic:

Keep on the good work but don't forget I told you. Na you go tire, my brother that do not take oily soup, the only hard working tribe in Nigeria. In fact the only tribe that built Nigeria while all the other tribes have been sleeping.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by omolami: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Only a fool will think that Buhari will fund the construction if the second NIGER bridge. It's not a news, his antecedents are well documented.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by omolami: 11:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Only a fool will think that Buhari will fund the construction if the second NIGER bridge. It's not a news, his antecedents are well documented.comment.
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by ayokellany: 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
omolami:
Only a fool will think that Buhari will fund the construction if the second NIGER bridge. It's not a news, his antecedents are well documented.comment.

I wonder what you'd say if he does.
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by ibotic(f): 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
ayokellany:

How did Yoruba get involved in the cancellation of this project ? For God sake why are some Igbos so embittered ? What exactly did the Yoruba do to your people that some many of you live among them on their land yet you abhor so much hatred, why ? What exactly have the Yorubas stolen from the Igbos ?

As if you don't know why..... shocked shocked shocked...you people are our masters and until you agree to Biafra...we will remain in the SW selling gala as your slaves...but jealousy will not let us admit it....chukwu..chukwu..abiama o......by the way...buhari....we don't need your bridge.....nnamdi kanu has promised to build us one once Biafra comes..... cheesy...please don't use our head as farming hoes..... cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by Obiagu1(m): 12:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
laudate:

Give him Biafra and he will do it.
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by ibisko04: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

You are not a genius no matter how small. So all the reasons stated for making a review on the project is not your concerns.
You don't love your motherland as you want people to believe.
Allow the project to get a new direction that will lead to proper financial support, good construction work, timely completion and to avoid agitation from the host community.
No body is stopping the project as you want us to see it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by fulanimafia: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan just scammed the SE for votes.

Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by asha80(m): 1:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiagu1:

Give him Biafra and he will do it.
with which money?
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by EasternLion: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
asha80:
with which money?

Only ten people will find it from Diaspora.
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by asha80(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
EasternLion:

Only ten people will find it from Diaspora.
lol...emotional stuffs can be funny..those ten that fund it from overseas did they tell you they are interested in coming back him let alone being interested in it?
Re: Buhari Declares War On Igbos, Stops Construction Of Second Niger Bridge by EasternLion: 1:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
asha80:
lol...emotional stuffs can be funny..those ten that fund it from overseas did they tell you they are interested in coming back him let alone being interested in it?

That's why I said you should listen to RB more.

I told you some guys made a pledge to help out in infrastructure, or do you think Dir will say it without him being sure?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Che Guevara? / Photos Of Recruit Who Died At The Nigerian Army Training Depot In Kaduna. / 2023: Tinubu Kick-starts Presidential Campaign On October 1 (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.